Kalel Quarankitten: On Vacation From Reality (Part 45)

Kandi25
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Kalel Quarankitten: On Vacation From Reality (Part 45)

Post by Kandi25 »

kale-fairies wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:34 pm
Gotta say, her basement is looking great. I'm literally in the same situation as her: broke, unemployed, living at my parents and I just literally lost 2 teeth lmao.
I'm not sure I'm gonna believe that she's done all of that with a 1000$ nor am I believing her saying how broke she is when there's literally 2000$ worth of niche perfumes sitting on her vanity... but I'm happy for her and wish the best to everyone in their 30s hitting rock bottom as I am.
I think she meant "only $1000 extra to set this up" because most of the stuff she already owned. I spotted the bookcases from the apartment with the blue accent wall and she obviously didn't buy a new mattress. I think her budget only covered the pilates machine, the new headboard, the projector, lights, and maybe some things for the cooking area?

My only problem is that this has all the makings of Kalel's usual bullshit lol. So much potential and she's going to squander it. Kalel, if you're reading, THIS VIDEO IS SO THE ENERGY WE NEED RIGHT NOW. I'm absolutely loving what she did with the space she was given, and how she's taken it and ran with it like this. That headboard? I want it. The "massive purple cube" vibes? Cozy af, twitch e-girls are shaking. I'm not surprised, because she's always shown a talent for interior design. This is so much better than what most people would put together if forced to move into that space.

Also people nowadays are enjoying more down to earth content. We're over the Gucci hauls and 10+ bedroom mansions a la Ace family. If she's able to make the best of all this and show people how she stays chic while working on getting back on her feet, her channel could have a bit of a rebirth (for the 500th time lol)

I hope she doesn't just drop off after a few videos and totally lets this momentum go. I also hope she's balancing her time spent down there by going upstairs to hang out with family and letting the kitties roam the rest of the house. She said having company around for her and the babies was one of her reasons for moving back in so I do hope she's using that to her advantage and not just spending life in her basement apartment 24/7.

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

Gonna have to echo other comments about how great the basement turned out. I recently moved into my first solo apartment (no roommates) and told myself I'd go crazy with decorating... Here I am months later, zero decoration, boxes still collecting dust in my living room, lmao. And Kalel's out here making an unfinished basement put my whole apartment to shame.

If she switches gears and makes more content like this (balling on a budget in your late twenties-early thirties), I would eat that shit up like filet minon. I'm sure it's hard on the ego to go from "LA barbie living her best life" to "broke, unemployed 30-something living with her parents" but... That's life, you know? The difference is that Kalel has to broadcast her 'downfall' to thousands of people. That's rough. BUT I think the majority of her viewers (the ones who have stuck around, at least) would really appreciate and connect with it.

She has everything she needs to succeed in this niche: Camera presence, editing skills, marketing technique, and most importantly, an audience. She just needs to swallow her pride and actually commit to posting videos regularly, maybe even on a schedule. Maybe she thinks her 'glory' days are gone, and maybe they are... But hey Kalel, if you're reading this right now: This is your opportunity to really reinvent yourself. Not by adopting a whole new personality and aesthetic, but by putting that phase of your life to rest and just being authentic and vulnerable for once.

She can, of course, do whatever the hell she wants at the end of the day. I just think it'd be a damn shame to see her channel and content-savvy self not try to at least utilize this stuff while she still has it.

blurholic11
Talker
Talker

Post by blurholic11 »

I don't understand the point of her newest video at all.. I mean, why live in her new *apartment* basement when she grew up at her parent's room? What happened to that room? And aside from that, I don't really think she's broke at all. C'mon, she must be still getting money from her parents and YouTube - some people who are following her for years now may have seen how fancy her parent's home are, too. Still lazy and unmotivated af tho.

Also, just a lil update - she changed her IG username to kalelsumisu. Sumisu means "Smith" in Japanese, hence her real last name.

UsedToLoveThem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsedToLoveThem »

blurholic11 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:02 am
I don't understand the point of her newest video at all.. I mean, why live in her new *apartment* basement when she grew up at her parent's room? What happened to that room? And aside from that, I don't really think she's broke at all. C'mon, she must be still getting money from her parents and YouTube - some people who are following her for years now may have seen how fancy her parent's home are, too. Still lazy and unmotivated af tho.

Also, just a lil update - she changed her IG username to kalelsumisu. Sumisu means "Smith" in Japanese, hence her real last name.
She didn't want the "guest room" which I assume was her or her brother's old room because it was too small and had little to no privacy or something. She mentioned at the beginning of her room tour how she voluntarily lives in the basement because she needs space and just can't go back to one room after living alone in a big apartment for so long.

I think she's really broke this time. She mentioned she has debt in one of her recent videos because she couldn't pay for her LA lifestyle anymore but kept living in LA and all of her designer furniture, her piano, designer decor and art is gone except for her mattress, that one shelf, two paintings and some kitchen stuff. She brought a shelf and the mattress but nothing else? Either sold or seized, her previous landlord (or one of her previous landlords) did sue her for rent.
YouTube doesn't pay much these days, she probably makes a couple hundred bucks. One of the top YouTubers in my country (Central European, so one of the better CPMs in the world) recently mentioned he only makes a couple hundred, a thousand max, form YouTube ads a month and he has way more followers - especially active viewers - than Kalel. And that's before taxes. YouTube is a long term game and unless you have sponsors it seems to be hard to make a decent income out of it these days. Now add Kalel who deletes old videos and limits her options to earn through old content even further. If she had kept her old videos online she could probably make a small but respectable living, but for now I fully believe her only sponsors are her parents

blurholic11
Talker
Talker

Post by blurholic11 »

UsedToLoveThem wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:35 am
blurholic11 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:02 am

She didn't want the "guest room" which I assume was her or her brother's old room because it was too small and had little to no privacy or something. She mentioned at the beginning of her room tour how she voluntarily lives in the basement because she needs space and just can't go back to one room after living alone in a big apartment for so long.

I think she's really broke this time. She mentioned she has debt in one of her recent videos because she couldn't pay for her LA lifestyle anymore but kept living in LA and all of her designer furniture, her piano, designer decor and art is gone except for her mattress, that one shelf, two paintings and some kitchen stuff. She brought a shelf and the mattress but nothing else? Either sold or seized, her previous landlord (or one of her previous landlords) did sue her for rent.
YouTube doesn't pay much these days, she probably makes a couple hundred bucks. One of the top YouTubers in my country (Central European, so one of the better CPMs in the world) recently mentioned he only makes a couple hundred, a thousand max, form YouTube ads a month and he has way more followers - especially active viewers - than Kalel. And that's before taxes. YouTube is a long term game and unless you have sponsors it seems to be hard to make a decent income out of it these days. Now add Kalel who deletes old videos and limits her options to earn through old content even further. If she had kept her old videos online she could probably make a small but respectable living, but for now I fully believe her only sponsors are her parents

Ahh, thank you for enlightening me. I didn't know she was in debt and got kicked out of her apartment cuz of rent due. It's been a while since I watched this girl. The recent was her apartment tour which I thought is kind of funny and odd at the same time when I saw her lil kitchen when she can just go up her house and cook for herself there. I refuse to listen to her boring black screen videos cuz all she does (for as I know) is complaining on a lot of stuff and even random sh*t to the point that she totally bores me. It's really nothing new about her.

She just uploaded a new *podcast* about BTS rant but this time it wasn't black screen and she literally captioned (or put subtitles) on every word she said in the whole video. I don't like KPop, never been a fan of so I pretty much don't give a f*ck about it anyways.

Curiosity
Informer
Informer

Post by Curiosity »

Her instagram disappeared?
(` ーωー´)

blurholic11
Talker
Talker

Post by blurholic11 »

Curiosity wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:51 am
Her instagram disappeared?
Nope. She just changed her username ID yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/c/KalelSumisu
https://www.instagram.com/kalelsumisu

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

UsedToLoveThem wrote:
YouTube doesn't pay much these days, she probably makes a couple hundred bucks. One of the top YouTubers in my country (Central European, so one of the better CPMs in the world) recently mentioned he only makes a couple hundred, a thousand max, form YouTube ads a month and he has way more followers - especially active viewers - than Kalel. And that's before taxes.
I don't know where you're from, but I wouldn't believe the fake humbleness of some YTbers when it comes to their income.
Fairly recently in my country (Southern Europe) a BIG YTber was caught evading taxes and had to pay an enormous fine, consider that he and his team pretended that they were barely making ends meet to pay rent in Milan (notoriously tremendous with price x sq/meter! ) :?

Some just lie. I agree that Kalel is probably making peanuts with her channel, but others that are constantly active and have sponsors and IG presence, make way more than they want to admit. They certainly make more than an office job. Unless everything is demonetized because of cussing, sex-related content, lgbt+ content etc. a big YTber doesn't make just a 1000 euros a month, unless your country is like ... Switzerland or Austria and the biggest YTber is as big as Julia Graf.

Kalel's renovation was spectacular, she shoudl clean and organize for a living, right now housekeeping channels seem to be the new blood. Overworking, overspending is a thing of Elon Musk 2010. I LOVE this new Kalel, not everybody is super successful, she should make it into a thing! I'd watch it! 8-)
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

UsedToLoveThem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsedToLoveThem »

sleep84 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:13 am
UsedToLoveThem wrote:
YouTube doesn't pay much these days, she probably makes a couple hundred bucks. One of the top YouTubers in my country (Central European, so one of the better CPMs in the world) recently mentioned he only makes a couple hundred, a thousand max, form YouTube ads a month and he has way more followers - especially active viewers - than Kalel. And that's before taxes.
I don't know where you're from, but I wouldn't believe the fake humbleness of some YTbers when it comes to their income.
Fairly recently in my country (Southern Europe) a BIG YTber was caught evading taxes and had to pay an enormous fine, consider that he and his team pretended that they were barely making ends meet to pay rent in Milan (notoriously tremendous with price x sq/meter! ) :?

Some just lie. I agree that Kalel is probably making peanuts with her channel, but others that are constantly active and have sponsors and IG presence, make way more than they want to admit. They certainly make more than an office job. Unless everything is demonetized because of cussing, sex-related content, lgbt+ content etc. a big YTber doesn't make just a 1000 euros a month, unless your country is like ... Switzerland or Austria and the biggest YTber is as big as Julia Graf.

Kalel's renovation was spectacular, she shoudl clean and organize for a living, right now housekeeping channels seem to be the new blood. Overworking, overspending is a thing of Elon Musk 2010. I LOVE this new Kalel, not everybody is super successful, she should make it into a thing! I'd watch it! 8-)
I think that YouTuber was pretty honest about what he makes on YouTube because he disclosed (as much as was possible with NDAs) what he makes on Instagram or through sponsorships and that's where the money is. YouTube ads don't pay, then there's some money through affiliate links and some money on Twitch while Insta + sponsored videos and Twitch sponsors are the cash cows. He couldn't name exact numbers but a range of 15 to 200k for a single post or sponsored video, depending on the brands he's working with and how much effort goes into a post, an insta story or a YT video.
YT is easy money if you can attract and hold sponsors, but if you have to rely on YouTube ads like Kalel who doesn't keep old content around it's not much.

Darkling
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Darkling »

I agree. This was the best thing she has filmed in ages. She always was great at interior design and decorating. She has transformed so many places (almost as many as herself!) and they are always fun to see. Obviously, none of us has much faith in her continuing to upload or support this current personality but she is onto something whether she realizes it or not.

blurholic11
Talker
Talker

Post by blurholic11 »

Okay so she deleted her BTS rant podcast video and magically replaced it with a new what I ate today video rofl. SPONSORED VIDEO YOU GUYS. The fake vegan comes back with a food content. :rofl: :rofl: I don't think she said anything about why she deleted the previous video. I mean, BTS is so popular all over the world - whatever age - and those ARMY fans hate it when they see a rant post about it and some are on extreme level to the point they send death threat messages or be mean to whoever said something shit about the BTS. I never watched it, not even her phone calls or whatever you call them cuz it's so boring to me listening to her with a very trying hard calm voice.

Hanny
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hanny »

She deleted the phone calls and the rant, the deleting has already began ;)

I do appreciate that she openly admits she's no longer vegan. It's totally fine when people change (though not as much as her lol) and shouldn't be shamed for it.
Kalel's pretty good at decorating and cooking, I could imagine her having a whole channel dedicated to that plus some lifestyle stuff, but that'd require soooome serious consistency...

marinavd
Debater
Debater

Post by marinavd »

She also deleted the Q&A. I wonder how long this new content will stay up.

freshtodef
Talker
Talker

Post by freshtodef »

Hanny wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:46 pm
She deleted the phone calls and the rant, the deleting has already began ;)

I do appreciate that she openly admits she's no longer vegan. It's totally fine when people change (though not as much as her lol) and shouldn't be shamed for it.
Kalel's pretty good at decorating and cooking, I could imagine her having a whole channel dedicated to that plus some lifestyle stuff, but that'd require soooome serious consistency...

i think that's one of the things that annoys/frustrates me the most. her key to consistent income is dangling literally right in front of her face and has been for years. videos aside, she could have written multiple cookbooks and organization/decor guides by now and had passive income coming in through that as well, partnered with a decor brand for a collaboration line, partnered with a kitchenware brand for a collab. the sky was really the limit for her and she blows it with the "perfectionism" or whatever.

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by whocares »

I logged onto my account after all of these years because I watched her last two videos and had some thoughts.

She got really creative with the basement and I'm impressed with how it turned out but it grosses me out that she cooks down there. She doesn't have a sink so she can't wash her hands and I didn't see any windows in the basement at all so it probably smells bad because her cooking and food odors have nowhere to go.

I think she really is broke this time. When I saw she was missing a tooth, I was shocked. She said she will probably get a flipper while she figures out the tooth implant situation. Kalel was always obsessed with her looks to the point where she prioritized them over everything else, and the fact that she isn't going for a tooth implant right away pretty much confirms she's super broke. Tooth implants are really expensive.

I wonder what she was doing with her money that she's this broke. She's been on YouTube for over 10 years and was always relatively successful. Quite a few of the YouTubers who started around the same time that she did and who had the same level of success have done pretty well for themselves when it comes to money. I think she would have done better if she didn't delete her channels and videos numerous times.

freshtodef
Talker
Talker

Post by freshtodef »

whocares wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:53 pm
I logged onto my account after all of these years because I watched her last two videos and had some thoughts.

She got really creative with the basement and I'm impressed with how it turned out but it grosses me out that she cooks down there. She doesn't have a sink so she can't wash her hands and I didn't see any windows in the basement at all so it probably smells bad because her cooking and food odors have nowhere to go.

I think she really is broke this time. When I saw she was missing a tooth, I was shocked. She said she will probably get a flipper while she figures out the tooth implant situation. Kalel was always obsessed with her looks to the point where she prioritized them over everything else, and the fact that she isn't going for a tooth implant right away pretty much confirms she's super broke. Tooth implants are really expensive.

I wonder what she was doing with her money that she's this broke. She's been on YouTube for over 10 years and was always relatively successful. Quite a few of the YouTubers who started around the same time that she did and who had the same level of success have done pretty well for themselves when it comes to money. I think she would have done better if she didn't delete her channels and videos numerous times.
yeah, i wondered the same thing. i guess she wasn't smart enough to hire a financial advisor or gain financial literacy on her own. she would have been pretty set if she saved and invested (and yes, didn't delete her videos and just made smarter decisions regarding her channel and brand. the hundreds of thousands/millions of views her older videos get on the channels who reupload could have been going to her own stats/pocketbook.) maybe she assumed she would bag a guy who would have the means to take care of her, or marry into a well off family.

i'm sure she's slapping herself internally right now.

UsedToLoveThem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsedToLoveThem »

ahhh, homegirl is back with sponsored videos and the apartment tour has affiliate links in the info box... typical Kalel. I guess she just made some random content to hit activity metrics for sponsors. Looks like Skillshare is just a referral program you can sign up for if you have an active channel.
whocares wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:53 pm

What was she doing with all the money? Living in big apartments as a single person in one of the most expensive cities in the world in luxury complexes with gym, pool and whatever...

Everything she bought, from make up to socks, was designer. Furniture. Art. Regular nose jobs, boob job, veneers, other stuff. Grocery shopping at the most expensive stores. Expensive hairdressers, manicures, ... and then she went to college on and off, paid for tuition, bought expensive things like her medical grade microscope... those things are expensive as hell, depending on what kind of features you want they are easily 10 - 40k and above. This is why everyone said she's overdoing it.

She wasted a ton of money on vanity things, redecorated her apartments frequently with even more expensive stuff and changed her entire designer wardrobe depending on the personality she was putting up front. And then she didn't work an entire year, while still living that kind of lifestyle with no no savings or investment plan to back her up.

Then she also said she's working on this and that project and things never happened. Who knows how much money she blew on whatever she was doing.

She also attempted to build a house twice. Once with Anthony and once with Cyrus. I don't want to know how much money she lost with house number two. I mean... buying land in LA and as far as I remember they were already putting furniture in when they split up. That must have been a blow financially, especially since Cyrus seemed to be good or at least reasonable with his money.

IngeN86
Learner
Learner

Post by IngeN86 »

Its kinda sad how she ended up.. But i guess thats what happens when you don´t know how to handle money and keep up with your youtube job. She could have done so much, but ended up like this. Sounds also like she cant even afford to live on her own in an area where it´s cheaper to live.

michelle
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by michelle »

I think her parents are doing her a disservice by allowing her to move home with no expectations. They should tell her she needs to go get a job. I get that she's their daughter and want to help her, but they are enabling her laziness. I think even working a retail job would do wonders for her. She isn't consistent enough to consider YouTube her job.

marinavd
Debater
Debater

Post by marinavd »

The person who on Kalels instagram posted that they knew through a mutual friend that Kalel was living with her parents, a while back when Kalel hadn't yet made it public she lived at home, also mentioned Kalel had a 9 to 5 job in retail. I wonder if that's true or was true for a while and Kalel just doesn't mention it. Anyway, I think it's a shame she quit college. She could still decide to study for a couple of years and get a degree. She's smart enough and could still go for a full career switch. I hope she will.

Return to “Kalel”