Kalel goes full time Koreaboo at 30 - too stupid for a single anthropology course #nomoreshavedpoosay (Part 44)

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn
Has thanked: 0

Kalel goes full time Koreaboo at 30 - too stupid for a single anthropology course #nomoreshavedpoosay (Part 44)

Post by Weird Vagina »

continue here :tu:

elegantly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Kalel goes full time Koreaboo at 30 - too stupid for a single anthropology course #nomoreshavedpoosay (Part 44)

Post by elegantly »

I thought she looked dreadful in the latest video. Her face no longer moves, and she has perma duck lips now.

glitteringwater
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kalel goes full time Koreaboo at 30 - too stupid for a single anthropology course #nomoreshavedpoosay (Part 44)

Post by glitteringwater »

Welp. She has actually gone full Koreaboo now, practising writing the Korean letters and everything. We all know she'll be looking for the next thing before she's mastered the language to any usable capacity (remember her trying to teach herself the Persian language (or was it Arabic)? Yeah, she might want to reconsider pouring all that time into al language she will never come close to mastering and instead focus on some core directions that will actually take her further in life, but the reason she continues to fail at that is that she lacks any sustainable intrinsic motivation.

Instead, the reasons she does anything are, on the one hand, these intense short-lived infatuations like Korean, which (although intrinsically motivated, which is good) will all inevitably blow over, leaving her with a lot of equipment for said interest (microscope and zillions of butt-hair petri dishes, tons of art supplies, mannequins for dressmaking etc., and now probably Korean dictionaries and workbooks) and a little superficial knowledge which, due to the short-livedness of her interests, will always stay too insignificant for her to be able make use of in her career or life in general.
She also has these short-lived infatuations with other girls, whom she then molds her entire identity after until she pretty much morphs into them and leeches as much out of them style- and personality-wise as she can, until some other sparkly person catches her interest for her to morph into next.

On the other hand, the reason she ever gets anything done is when something outside of herself forces her to do something. She will want to impress whoever she's dating and, propelled by her fear of rejection, she'll become the person she thinks they'll like, including personality, interests, career aspirations, etc. When she was with creative weeaboo goofball Anthony she went for quirky artistic DIY pursuits and turned into a nerdy sweatpants kawaii-voiced girl. When she was with social media savvy Cyrus she started to pursue more of an Instagram-model career and aesthetic and adopted an all-glam slightly bitchy 'keeping up appearances' persona.

Another outside force steering her to do anything is her audience, which I think is more important to her now than it has ever been, now that she's single and is missing that 'significant other'-motivation. Her audience is a key player in her life decisions, which seem to center around what looks good in front of the camera or sounds good in a blog post and on the whole gives off the idea that she's got her shit together, whether it be her being a holier-than-thou vegan, a holier-than-thou college student or a holier-than-thou 'hot girl'. This is also why she always brags about anything she's working on before she's even halfway done, because the -only- reason she's doing that thing to begin with is to look good for her audience, and significant other.
I think this is why she fell into such a deep hole after her break-up - Cyrus disappeared and so did her audience when she stopped interacting with them. Furthermore, she isolated herself from pretty much all people so there was no girl-obsession to pull her through.

The only reason she's getting out of her depression now seems to be that she's found a new infatuation, a new external motivator to get her off her ass - Everything Korean. I'm happy for her that she's on the move again, but I'm pretty sure that she'll fall right back into that same hole when this infatuation fades and she'll be back to square one. Without a significant other, without an obsession, this girl seems to not have a single thing (other than perhaps her cats) to give her life purpose, because she can't for the life of her find any intrinsic motivation for anything.

So yes, I'm happy she seems to be feeling better. But as far as I can tell from my limited perspective as a member of her audience, it's not actual healing she's doing, it's a superficial sort of decoy-healing which doesn't do anything other than distract from the gaping hole that's her empty life, a band-aid over a festering wound - when she'll inevitably replace the current band-aid for a fresh one, that same wound is still going to be there. Stop your search for band-aids and find yourself some antiseptic and truly get some healing done, Kalel. Try to find any kind of purpose that's not temporary nor motivated by something outside of yourself.

On her Instastories - man they are just a mess lately. I especially eyerolled at the one where she flip flops from wanting to prioritize YouTube to next moment considering quitting it, and, most shockingly, the deciding factor when it comes to her decision is not, as it should be, her own motivation or aspirations, but instead she lets her career choices be decided by what her audience wants her to do. It's honestly one of the most unhealthy ways to live your life and she seems to be oblivious to her toxic dependency on her surroundings. I wonder if she's actually seeing a therapist because if she is, they're doing a piss-poor job.

Anyways, so far for my monthly mammoth message..

To close off, here are her two latest insta stories. I've been saving some of them here and there lately whenever I catch them because she's being so incredibly off in them and if it's true what she says and she'll be quitting Youtube with her only content being on Instastories, maybe I'll try to keep doing it because it's hard to have a conversation about someone whose content disappears every 24 hours.

Here's the one where she talks about not having botox in her face (AHEM), her money problems and prioritizing/quitting Youtube:

And here the one where she shows her make-up less face with acne and where she wants people to be impressed by her Korean writing:

Post by Guest »

Can anyone translate what she wrote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoratiusMot
Learner
Learner

Post by HoratiusMot »

glitteringwater wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:29 pm

On the other hand, the reason she ever gets anything done is when something outside of herself forces her to do something. She will want to impress whoever she's dating and, propelled by her fear of rejection, she'll become the person she thinks they'll like, including personality, interests, career aspirations, etc. When she was with creative weeaboo goofball Anthony she went for quirky artistic DIY pursuits and turned into a nerdy sweatpants kawaii-voiced girl. When she was with social media savvy Cyrus she started to pursue more of an Instagram-model career and aesthetic and adopted an all-glam slightly bitchy 'keeping up appearances' persona.
Yes, this so much. Part of me wants her to get in a new relationship just so she starts being productive, but if she can't find the motivation internally, she will never break the cycle.

And another thought:
IMG_20190831_155405.jpg
I've have these recommendations from YouTube right now. Kalel's is just not appealing at all and look how it has only 50k views. Meanwhile, the Safiya video has 3.9M viiews. It's a bit of an unfair comparison because I think Safiya works her ass off to get the views that she does, but this thing is I think there is something more compelling about Kalel, and if she worked that hard she would for sure be the one with the 3.9M views. Also, if she had done "I Got A K-Pop Makeover" and built the contact lenses into that theme, I think she would have at least 200k views and a video worth watching.

Maybe she doesn't care because her sponsor pays the same amount either way...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

Did she ever explain her reasons for quitting college?

narinara
Stalker
Stalker

Post by narinara »

omg i've been watching kalel forever and i think her recent korea phase is cute lol. I very much relate to her habit of getting obsessed with something and pouring all this time and money immersing yourself in it and eventually getting bored with it. On her insta story shes honestly just practicing her handwriting which for what its worth looks really nice. I showed it to my dad and he was impressed/said it was neater than his which i guess makes sense for her "perfectionist" personality. Also she's just writing song lyrics. Specifically the lyrics to the song that's playing in the background which you all should listen to because it's beautiful. (beautiful goodbye by Chen) She's probably in her feels considering the song is pretty sad/heartbreaking.

Post by Guest »

glitteringwater wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:29 pm
Welp. She has actually gone full Koreaboo now, practising writing the Korean letters and everything. We all know she'll be looking for the next thing before she's mastered the language to any usable capacity (remember her trying to teach herself the Persian language (or was it Arabic)? Yeah, she might want to reconsider pouring all that time into al language she will never come close to mastering and instead focus on some core directions that will actually take her further in life, but the reason she continues to fail at that is that she lacks any sustainable intrinsic motivation.

Instead, the reasons she does anything are, on the one hand, these intense short-lived infatuations like Korean, which (although intrinsically motivated, which is good) will all inevitably blow over, leaving her with a lot of equipment for said interest (microscope and zillions of butt-hair petri dishes, tons of art supplies, mannequins for dressmaking etc., and now probably Korean dictionaries and workbooks) and a little superficial knowledge which, due to the short-livedness of her interests, will always stay too insignificant for her to be able make use of in her career or life in general.
She also has these short-lived infatuations with other girls, whom she then molds her entire identity after until she pretty much morphs into them and leeches as much out of them style- and personality-wise as she can, until some other sparkly person catches her interest for her to morph into next.

Another outside force steering her to do anything is her audience, which I think is more important to her now than it has ever been, now that she's single and is missing that 'significant other'-motivation. Her audience is a key player in her life decisions, which seem to center around what looks good in front of the camera or sounds good in a blog post and on the whole gives off the idea that she's got her shit together, whether it be her being a holier-than-thou vegan, a holier-than-thou college student or a holier-than-thou 'hot girl'. This is also why she always brags about anything she's working on before she's even halfway done, because the -only- reason she's doing that thing to begin with is to look good for her audience, and significant other.
I think this is why she fell into such a deep hole after her break-up - Cyrus disappeared and so did her audience when she stopped interacting with them. Furthermore, she isolated herself from pretty much all people so there was no girl-obsession to pull her through.

The only reason she's getting out of her depression now seems to be that she's found a new infatuation, a new external motivator to get her off her ass - Everything Korean. I'm happy for her that she's on the move again, but I'm pretty sure that she'll fall right back into that same hole when this infatuation fades and she'll be back to square one. Without a significant other, without an obsession, this girl seems to not have a single thing (other than perhaps her cats) to give her life purpose, because she can't for the life of her find any intrinsic motivation for anything.

So yes, I'm happy she seems to be feeling better. But as far as I can tell from my limited perspective as a member of her audience, it's not actual healing she's doing, it's a superficial sort of decoy-healing which doesn't do anything other than distract from the gaping hole that's her empty life, a band-aid over a festering wound - when she'll inevitably replace the current band-aid for a fresh one, that same wound is still going to be there. Stop your search for band-aids and find yourself some antiseptic and truly get some healing done, Kalel. Try to find any kind of purpose that's not temporary nor motivated by something outside of yourself.

On her Instastories - man they are just a mess lately. I especially eyerolled at the one where she flip flops from wanting to prioritize YouTube to next moment considering quitting it, and, most shockingly, the deciding factor when it comes to her decision is not, as it should be, her own motivation or aspirations, but instead she lets her career choices be decided by what her audience wants her to do. It's honestly one of the most unhealthy ways to live your life and she seems to be oblivious to her toxic dependency on her surroundings. I wonder if she's actually seeing a therapist because if she is, they're doing a piss-poor job.

Anyways, so far for my monthly mammoth message..

To close off, here are her two latest insta stories. I've been saving some of them here and there lately whenever I catch them because she's being so incredibly off in them and if it's true what she says and she'll be quitting Youtube with her only content being on Instastories, maybe I'll try to keep doing it because it's hard to have a conversation about someone whose content disappears every 24 hours.

Here's the one where she talks about not having botox in her face (AHEM), her money problems and prioritizing/quitting Youtube:

And here the one where she shows her make-up less face with acne and where she wants people to be impressed by her Korean writing:
wow great analysis . she literally has no self identity. frightening tbh

nothing_much
Debater
Debater

Post by nothing_much »

yah she definitely looks like she got botox.

Also, when you gain weight, it usually distributes pretty evenly throughout your body. And even if it doesn't, it certainly doesn't choose to distribute on opposite ends (like your face and your butt). Highly suspect.

Melroselove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Melroselove »

Marie_10 wrote:Did she ever explain her reasons for quitting college?
Idk if she explains fully, but a little while ago she said she did not have time for “busy work” and homework. She said she wanted to ask the professor if she could skip it since she was a YouTube. Basically she thought she was above it lol

Koreaboo_22
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Koreaboo_22 »

mistressivy90 wrote: Can anyone translate what she wrote?

It's the lyrics to "Beautiful Goodbye" by Chen.

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/chen/be ... odbye.html

alex.pyt
Informer
Informer

Post by alex.pyt »

Marie_10 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:52 pm
I think she said she doesn't like the college system, deadlines and tests. I think she said she has her own pace plus she doesn't study these things to get a degree but just out of curiosity and passion. She asked if she could take the lessons without having to take the tests, but obviously that wasn't possible.

Buffy
Learner
Learner

Post by Buffy »

Why the sudden obsession with Korea? Like what sparked it?

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

omfg, as a Korean follower who's sat through all her phases and stages since she was working at Hooters while in community college, I don't think I can sit through the cringe of this phase. Her weab phase was already super cringe, but I can't stand Koreaboos at fucking all.

Tenebre
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Tenebre »

She really is detached from any kind of reality isn't she? smdh

Shamelessly complaining about how her *wEiGhT gAiN* goes straight to her face and ass??? :roll:

And saying she is ''broke'' now??? I don't think she knows the real definition of actually being truly BROKE!!!
My old signature was a scene from the 1980 horror movie ''Maniac''...I understand some people are sensitive to horror stuff. So I have removed it x

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

alex.pyt wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:46 pm
Marie_10 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:52 pm
I think she said she doesn't like the college system, deadlines and tests. I think she said she has her own pace plus she doesn't study these things to get a degree but just out of curiosity and passion. She asked if she could take the lessons without having to take the tests, but obviously that wasn't possible.
I know some colleges have programs where anyone can attend the class (they have to pay still), but they don't get credit for it. AKA, you dont get into the college but can still get the information, just not the degree. If she actually felt that way, she could do something like that

Post by Guest »

no one mentioned this but i find it funny how she posted a sponsored video w/discount code that expires 1 day after it was uploaded :lol:
I think she only posted the video to get the paycheck even if she was one day away from the deadline (which is kinda sad).
If i was in their place i wouldnt pay her as much since no one will get to use the discount link anyways? How were they ok with this anyways? Isn't the point of the discount link is to get people to buy the product?

sunnygossip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sunnygossip »

not to be that person, but the title is a hot mess :P
which i guess is pretty fitting with how kalel is

do you guys think she is as broke as she has been claiming? i thought just a few months ago she was saying she had a solid amount saved

boydbunny03
Learner
Learner

Post by boydbunny03 »

KittyGussip wrote: no one mentioned this but i find it funny how she posted a sponsored video w/discount code that expires 1 day after it was uploaded :lol:
I think she only posted the video to get the paycheck even if she was one day away from the deadline (which is kinda sad).
If i was in their place i wouldnt pay her as much since no one will get to use the discount link anyways? How were they ok with this anyways? Isn't the point of the discount link is to get people to buy the product?
OMG :rofl: you're kidding?! Y I K E S

Jenin
Informer
Informer

Post by Jenin »

sunnygossip wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:58 am
not to be that person, but the title is a hot mess :P
which i guess is pretty fitting with how kalel is

do you guys think she is as broke as she has been claiming? i thought just a few months ago she was saying she had a solid amount saved
I don’t think she’s as broke as she’s making it out to be, but I think she’s realizing that she can’t sustain her current lifestyle for much longer without any income.

Return to “Kalel”