Kalel - Mama Kale, Mother of Fails (Part 33)

Chimpanzeee
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kalel - Mama Kale, Mother of Fails (Part 33)

Post by Chimpanzeee »

Gah... I have always thought of her as completely spoiled and too absorbed in herself and her little world.. But I genuinely felt for her in that video. I was impressed she shared so much but at the same time, showing a vulnerable side will get sympathy and support which is what she wants and needs right now. I think she has the best shot of a successful relationship with a fellow youtuber because its a lifestyle thats hard to understand for most people. And I agree, Im glad she has come to the realization that she needs to work on herself and cultivate friendships, but Im not sure she will take action, or atleast make any changes for longer than a fleeting phase. That girl needs to completely remove herself from LA and her current life

lolwut
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lolwut »

I thought it was very strange of her to still include the clips of him in the video. She pretty much confirmed in the comments that they're broken up as well. Kind of awkward posting your last unhappy moments as a couple for everyone to see.
I wonder if she'll ever go into detail as to why they've broken up. Isn't this the shortest serious relationship she's had like, ever? Meanwhile at the beginning she acted like it was the most perfect match it could ever be.

timewasting
Informer
Informer

Post by timewasting »

I really felt for her in this video, you could sense her uneasiness and vulnerability. She really hasn't been happy for awhile. At the same time, I feel like it was manipulative in her part to post the video? This video along with her last video, filmed BEFORE they were broken up, seems really disrespectful to Cyrus.

delightfulwings
Learner
Learner

Post by delightfulwings »

I never comment but I always read and wanted to say this: I think that Kalel kept on filming because that's like an escape, I mean, her talking to the camera is something that she feels comfortable in, and the whole trip seemed sooo awkward with those 2 people and Cyrus, I also felt like he was being a little bit rude and I think that Kalel was pretty sad for being there, poor girl. The only way she could express her feelings in that weird situation was with the camera.

(English is not my first language sorry)
♡ English is not my first language.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

Did he delete his private Instagram? I was thinking that maybe he deleted it because of the fans? Would they bug him about her? Maybe try to blame her unhappiness on him in the comments of his account? But it was private, so...I'm confused. She probably deleted the one she created for him because they've broken up.

nutella
Debater
Debater

Post by nutella »

This pattern is kind of uncanny to what happened with Anthony. They went on a big trip close to when they broke up and things were starting to fall apart in an attempt to salvage the relationship, and then they adopted Chibi a few weeks before they broke up also. Now she went on this trip with Cyrus, which obviously pushed her over the breaking point to end things. And she wants a new cat to fulfil some void she's now feeling.

sanneke
Debater
Debater

Post by sanneke »

It was only a matter of time before this happened. I hope she doesn't get a new cat.

MISSMAGE
Learner
Learner

Post by MISSMAGE »

I really hope she doesn't get another expensive designer cat. There are WAY too many needy cats in this world to be purposely breeding expensive cats just to have a unique look. I hope she gets an adult cat from a shelter. It's the responsible thing to do considering how much she cares about animals.

It's a shame her relationship with Cyrus has crumbled, but no one is shocked. It was doomed pretty early on. That's the problem with not having a real personality. She can only keep up these acts that she puts on for so long. She is all about appearances and perfection, but neither are sustainable forever. I wonder who Kristen really is.... I genuinely hope she finds herself. I think some regularly, quality, therapy would do her good. She has the money and certainly has the time. She has real potential in many areas of genuine work. She'd be fabulous interior designer, party planner or vegan chef in my opinion. She just needs to set a goal and stick to it. She hasn't followed through with a single project she's started over the years despite being good at many of them. She doesn't want a regular schedule, but regular schedules are healthy! They give a person discipline, a sense of responsibility and obligation which could only do her good.

For those of you saying she needs to leave LA to get better, I disagree. I live in LA and I'm nothing like her nor are any of my friends. We are all grounded and hard working and none of us are plastic or vapid. People have an exaggerated idea of what LA is really like. She's going to be the same no matter what environment she's in and those sorts of neighborhoods and people are all over the country. A lot of depressed people fall into the false belief that changing their environment will change them. Nope. LA county is huge and extremely eclectic. Perhaps the little boogie neighborhoods she hangs out in are bad, but leaving LA is totally unnecessary. Drive 20 miles miles in any direction from where she is and life is 100 percent normal...
Last edited by MISSMAGE on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

We all saw it comming but its still sad to see someone losing their only reason to live aka: a relationship
hopefully she`ll actually take this time for her self and wont adopt a cat :?
rooibostree wrote:Both of Cyrus' instagram accounts are gone
guys, is this the same account ? https://www.instagram.com/cyrusjannat/
He changed his profile pic from that puppet pic, but the public one is clearly run by Kafail so it doesnt exist anymore :roll:
also can we talk about how she actually wore cute outfits for a change instead of her mom-style ? :tu:

Healshine
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Healshine »

okthatscool wrote:There are so many parts of Kalel's life/decisions that I don't agree with, but the "I'm not happy..." video made me cry. I know exactly how she feels, as I've lost my entire friend group for stupid reasons. I feel just the way she does... I hope she finds good people. Everyone deserves that.
Same... It feels like hell to be in this place. I really believe it is something that can be worked on and Kalel can have a happy life, but only if she works on herself and uses the right tools (a good therapist, good nutrition, exercise, making good friends, maybe moving from LA). She can be a very charming and fun person when she's not pretending to be someone else or being manipulative.

mikah_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mikah_ »

He didn't delete his account, it's still there and it was yesteday... so maybe he blocked you?
Alina88 wrote:Cyrus was NOT feeling the vegan spaghetti every night or that vegan restaurant with the mushroom dish that they had to go eat for her benefit. I don't blame him, he probably resents her for the fact that he felt pressured to go vegan for her. He clearly mostly did it to please her, not because he felt particularly passionate about that lifestyle, so obviously that is going to cause some resentment towards her in the relationship. I feel bad for the guy. It kind of seems like he made more sacrifices in the relationship than she did. Kalel loves to go on about how she always gives so much of herself to these guys she dates and does so much to make them happy, but I don't really see that? Remember when she was all excited about learning Farsi for him? And that lasted like 2 videos. Same with her cooking Persian dishes for him. She gets so hyped up about being the perfect gf and then quickly burns herself out and morphs into a different person. Meanwhile, Cyrus is over there like hmm, I gave up non-vegan foods for you for over a year and a half now, I moved out of my apt to get a place with you because you hated your other apartment, I have to deal with you and your weird phase-changes every few months, all while you are sitting at home UNEMPLOYED and now complaining about our relationship to millions of strangers online before it has officially ended. Yeah. My sympathy goes out to him on this one, not her.

Oh yeah, and not to mention that in the midst of her unhappiness about her crumbling relationship, she still managed to get that sponsored plug in the video and video description. "I'm not happy and my relationship is over! But lets give a big thanks to GrubHub for sponsoring me, use my link and head on over there friends!"
I didn't get the vibe he was resentful that he became vegan... I don't like mushrooms too, but how is this Kalel's fault there are no vegan restaurants in Italy and he had to eat spaghetti? For what I'm concered you can order different meals from the menu and you don't have to eat the same thing as the person next to you :roll: To be honest Cyrus seemed to me more vegan than Kalel within the past year and a half... you can see he's passionate about animals, he's not only vegan for the camera. If he wasn't why would he post all the vegan propaganda posts all over his private social media? It's not like the minions are going to see it anyway... But other than that I agree with everything, he felt annoyed he's with her on that trip and I can't blame him.

timewasting
Informer
Informer

Post by timewasting »

She mentioned that she wanted a photo of her outfit in the Love & Lemon's dress but said "that didn't happen", meaning that Cyrus probably didn't want to take the photo for her. It seems like they got into a fight during the trip, which is why she went to the pool alone.

MaddieLena
Informer
Informer

Post by MaddieLena »

The spaghetti that she showed after Cyrus was complaining about the mushrooms looked like they had a bit of Parmesan on them they probably didn't even notice. Anyway I feel bad for her in general but that's what you get for never changing your ways and not working on yourself.

mikah_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mikah_ »

I also wonder who's taking care of her cats when she leaves, since she has no friends.

UsedToLoveThem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsedToLoveThem »

Probably people from an agency, were you pay them to go to your house and look after your animals twice a day.

The outfits... hell yes, I honestly want everything she wore! The lemon thingy is insanely cute!
I still see some improvement in her behaviour. She seems to be brutally honest with herself for once. Still reading the self help crap but I feel she's realizing some things on her own this time. I hope she'll go back to Italy some day and really enjoy her vacation. It's one of the most beautiful countries I've been to and having all these amazing things overshadowed by personal drama is just not fair.

mikah_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mikah_ »

^ Oh wow, I didn't know that was a thing. I always ask my neighbours or my friends. Thats cool, at least they're taken care of.

Rose57
Informer
Informer

Post by Rose57 »

eatincrackers wrote:It seems really weird that her "I'm not happy" video was sponsered. Do companies not get upset when influencers feature their products like this? If I were a company, I would want my product in a more positive video.

wow this is such a good point. on one hand a video with a title like this will get tons of hits-- so thats beneficial. on the other the title is inherently negative. I gotta say when you're sad/depressed/in the middle of exams thats when you order takeout the most frequently in my experience.

i guess they dont give strict guidelines for the title? i mean its the sort of thing that might effect re-occurring sponsorship. we shall see if she ever does another grubhub spon. i notice the only reoccurring spon kalel ever did was audible.

i want to comment on a few people saying that she went to italy to repair her relationship. guuurrl i cant imagine how expensive it is to fly from LA to Italy in the summer when its the peak season for americans to travel. its possible they booked their trip months in advanced -- thats what the rule of thumb for international travel has always been in my book.

also some people are asking about kalels relationship with evelina.. i never thought it was some sort of deep relationship that was ever really too much more than a relationship of convenience for youtube. I have many deeply introverted friends and if i'm not actively like prying into their regular goings on they'd naturally just keep most of their issues to themselves regardless of how long we've been friends.

who is ready for a new apartment with new decor though? i wish i could like scoop up her old furniture whenever she moves haha ;-;
joking aside. she knows she needs therapy, or like someone mentioned, perhaps a conversation with someone from her family like her mom who she does idolize.

bubblebuttass
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bubblebuttass »

I honestly feel pretty bad for her after watching her vlog despite knowing that she probably did this to herself. I just hope she realises that she doesn't need to be in a relationship in order to feel happiness. I genuinely wish the best for her and hope that she can find her true self.

P.S. OT but this thought randomly came across my mind.. what happened to Pip (the cat)? All I remember is that Anthony ended up keeping Pip after Kalel & him broke up but I don't see him posting about her anymore?

mikah_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mikah_ »

There is no such thing as bad publicity. Companies don't care about what you talk about in the video, they see the statistics and she has 2 mil subs with an average of 0.5 mil views per video. You can literally have a full on meltdown, the more clicks the better unless it affects the product. And she didn't say anything about grubhub that would make them look bad, it was a classic plug, she even did a little intro "Oh, we're leaving to Italy, I have nothing in my fridge, grubhub to the rescue!" :roll: Some companies pay you for only mentioning the full name of the product, but usually you have to talk about it for x minutes, they tell you what exactly they want you to say, but after that it really doesn't matter what your vlog is about.

LoliFlour
Informer
Informer

Post by LoliFlour »

There was a point yesterday where Cyrus' Instagrams were both gone. It was only for like an hour and then his private one came back up and the public one stayed deleted. I don't follow neither Kalel or Cyrus on Instagram but I know because he's always in my "suggested" list so, not sure what happened there.

Return to “Kalel”