HumaneInfluencerOfTheYear Part 26

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

HumaneInfluencerOfTheYear Part 26

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Part 25 has gone over the limit. So here's a new one.

NoThankYouLurker
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: HumaneInfluencerOfTheYear Part 26

Post by NoThankYouLurker »

jonsnowsbabymama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jonsnowsbabymama »

Yay! :tu: Thanks Silver Rose!

cheezupie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezupie »

Just going to copy-paste what I wrote in the previous thread since it was close to the end and I don't think many people saw it -

Okay so I was gone for a while (life and such plus the site seemed to be having some issues) but I'm back.
So let me just start off by saying that her last two vlogs were just unbearable to watch. I can't believe that this is the same person I so adored watching during the WULAS days, to the point that I'd be actually waiting for their vlogs. Anyway, I have quite a few thoughts running through my head so I'm just going to list them down here.
1. Her nonchalant attitude is just too much for me. For someone who makes herself out to be this compassionate vegan, winning a Humane League award should be a big deal... it should be an honor! But she acts like it's no biggy, doesn't even know what the award is for and doesn't bother to prepare a speech on top of it. I'm bad at speeches, too, and always get extremely nervous but her overall attitude is just something I cannot comprehend - especially that she is a semi-public figure of sorts. Reading her speech off of her phone was not only tacky but plain disrespectful. She could have at least written it down on a piece of paper and looked up at her audience every once in a while. And don't even get me started on her size 0 figure comment. Sorry, Kalel, but there are plenty of fat vegans out there, and good luck keeping that figure when you get to your 30's if all you plan on doing is eating vegan junk and sitting on your ass.
2. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Humane League used her to get more publicity... which is actually quite sad as I had been following them on social media and had respect for them. I get that she has more followers than most vegans but I can't believe that anyone who is actually serious about the movement and has been in it for years could take her armchair activism seriously. She even mentioned herself in one of her beauty hauls that not all her products are 100% vegan. Also, sorry but she was not vegan since she turned 23. Vegetarian maybe but NOT vegan. Not to mention things like her fake eye-lashes, bleached hair and lip fillers that are obviously not vegan (which, by the way, she never addressed because, by now, people are probably just used to her new face and have stopped wondering).
3. Her interactions with her boyfriend are cringe-worthy and, honestly, what a douche. I don't care what his culture is, but if he can sleep with her, he should not be grossed out by her period. However, I will admit that the fact that she was testing out the product at his place was a tad bit odd given that it's a new relationship. But yeah, I find the whole thing funny because she said that he's such a gentleman and I, honestly, don't see it at all. I'll be honestly surprised if they last longer than her and Alec did.
4. Her whole review of the period cup was ridiculous. I'm not saying that she was obliged to praise it or even continue using it, but her comments about it stretching out her vagina were just too much. I honestly doubt that she was ever planning on using it. She probably tested it out to get more views.

Anyway, sorry for the rant but I just can't stand her BS anymore. Also, is her idea of her channel re-launch adding Emojis to her thumbnails?

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

Please use the subscribe to topic link located at the bottom of the page or use the bookmark option

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

Buffy
Learner
Learner

Post by Buffy »

Kideema99
Debater
Debater

Post by Kideema99 »

2 things you will NEVER hear kal say ... "Sorry" and "Thank You"~

nikkiblast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nikkiblast »

darkstormynight
Stalker
Stalker

Post by darkstormynight »

Please use either the subscribe link, or the bookmark link that is located at the bottom of each page. Following a thread with a symbol or a "following" will be considered off topic and it will be deleted.

Salemgossip
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Salemgossip »

Regarding Kalel's April channel relaunch, I kinda got the impression she was just going to start uploading more content or varied videos and call it a day so to speak. I feel like in her mind the moon cup and award videos are different and more focused than just a monthly vlog, possibly attempting to justify the promise of the relaunch.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

Salemgossip wrote:Regarding Kalel's April channel relaunch, I kinda got the impression she was just going to start uploading more content or varied videos and call it a day so to speak. I feel like in her mind the moon cup and award videos are different and more focused than just a monthly vlog, possibly attempting to justify the promise of the relaunch.
Kalel's exact words were:
"I'm going to be planning a relaunch with, like, really exciting content, really pretty stuff. I'm always gonna vlog, though, cuz I feel like that's why I'm here. That's what I love to do. I love connecting with you guys. I love being friends, essentially. So I'm always gonna vlog.I'm gonna try to vlog a lot more, actually, like 3 times a week. Maybe, 2-3 times a week, once a week. I don't really want to say because I'll probably fuck it up but. 3 times a week would be sick. And then also do really pretty, like kind of professional, cool content on top of that. Obviously still lots of vegan stuff. Some of you guys love that. Fashion and beauty. Maybe some makeup tutorials, because I know those actually get requested so much, and I never want to do them because my skin's so shit and [blah blah insecurities blah blah]. So I want to relaunch this channel in April and I want to do some really, really, big, huge things."

She never specified what day her relaunch would be but. Yeah. We're in April. So. Can't wait for her pretty, cool, professional content LOL

iamber90
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by iamber90 »

What is she on?

halfbakedpotato
Talker
Talker

Post by halfbakedpotato »

Why are there some empty posts in this thread?

iamber90
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by iamber90 »

halfbakedpotato wrote:Why are there some empty posts in this thread?
It's so they can subscribe to the thread on Tapatalk app.

SugarproofVeeegan
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SugarproofVeeegan »

Is it just me or do ALL of her videos have the feel (and lack of production quality) of a vlog? The vegan food expo was just a vlog where she left her house. The period cup was just a vlog where she happened to talk about her period a lot.

There's no setup, no thought going into it... she hits record and just starts winging it 9/10 videos
ImageImage

[/size]
Reality check courtesy of SuperFakeFace ~

Slurpee
Learner
Learner

Post by Slurpee »

halfbakedpotato wrote:Why are there some empty posts in this thread?
because it's too hard to type a comment to subscribe

jonsnowsbabymama
Gossiper
Gossiper

meowlizzz wrote:
Kalel's exact words were:
"I'm going to be planning a relaunch with, like, really exciting content, really pretty stuff. I'm always gonna vlog, though, cuz I feel like that's why I'm here. That's what I love to do. I love connecting with you guys. I love being friends, essentially. So I'm always gonna vlog.I'm gonna try to vlog a lot more, actually, like 3 times a week. Maybe, 2-3 times a week, once a week. I don't really want to say because I'll probably fuck it up but. 3 times a week would be sick. And then also do really pretty, like kind of professional, cool content on top of that. Obviously still lots of vegan stuff. Some of you guys love that. Fashion and beauty. Maybe some makeup tutorials, because I know those actually get requested so much, and I never want to do them because my skin's so shit and [blah blah insecurities blah blah]. So I want to relaunch this channel in April and I want to do some really, really, big, huge things."

She never specified what day her relaunch would be but. Yeah. We're in April. So. Can't wait for her pretty, cool, professional content LOL

First, kudos to you for typing that all down. :o

I'm really interested as to what kind of makeup tutorial would she even show us. I feel like she has the same makeup every video (matte face, no blush/contour/highlight. Neutral eye, maybe with a wing?). I just don't see what cool, professional things she could really bring to the table. The vegan tastes tests are cool but I hope she doesn't end up doing 100 of them. :lol:

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

iamber90 wrote:Image

What is she on?
LOL. She thinks she's an old fart. She has problems accepting her age. She likes acting all sad that she's getting older and then acts & dresses like a teenager.
SugarproofVeeegan wrote:Is it just me or do ALL of her videos have the feel (and lack of production quality) of a vlog? The vegan food expo was just a vlog where she left her house. The period cup was just a vlog where she happened to talk about her period a lot.

There's no setup, no thought going into it... she hits record and just starts winging it 9/10 videos
Definitely. I mean, she said she'd be vlogging more, but come on Kalel. Where is the "professional, cool" quality videos? Methinks she's lazy. But I think it could also be because it took so long to move in and she hasn't really had a set-up. Her place is so bare. Where will she record her videos, I wonder?

jonsnowsbabymama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Sorry for the DP but this little twitter discussion is hilarious. Kristin's getting hate (rightfully so, I think) for wanting white actors to play in the live action Death Note movie. She also said Asian actors don't have the right features to play Light (I'm paraphrasing that last bit).

Girl is blocking people with who call her out for supporting white washing. lol.

Also, she's doing something 'scary' soon and we should get a video (although no set date).

Return to “Kalel”