How long will Kalel stay in school?

How long do you think Kalel will stay in school?

Not even going to start
28%
Less than a month
18%
One quarter
10%
One semester
14%
Finish the first semester, but drop out before one year
21%
One year
1%
More than a year, but not complete the degree
5%
Complete the degree in the typical two years
1%
Complete the degree but drop down to part-time and take many years to do it
2%

Total votes: 155

yummycinnamoncereal
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How long will Kalel stay in school?

Post by yummycinnamoncereal »

Someone requested that someone make a poll for this so I thought I would do it.

I'm basing this poll off the idea that Kalel is getting an Associate of Arts degree in Fashion Design from FIDM.It typically takes 2 years to get this type of degree. I don't know how the college system is in other countries but in the US each school year is divided into two parts called semesters. Different classes are normally taken each semester. Each semester has two quarters in it.

Vote once and voting is open forever! You can change your vote.

Izabella

Re: How long will Kalel stay in school?

Post by Izabella »

Has she even applied lol

lemonlime44
Debater
Debater

Post by lemonlime44 »

I'm really sorry if this is a dumb question but what type of schoolwork would be required? Like sketches or essays or what? Is there a final paper or something like that?
:cool:

Clemence
Debater
Debater

Post by Clemence »

Is general ed required at art schools? I'm attending college right now and just general ed alone can take 2 to 2 and a half years before even really getting started on your major.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

I know someone who did a fashion design course and one of the things they had to do was bring in a complete outfit that they made from scratch. So not go to urban outfitters or something and buy a load of stuff, them tie a bit of fabric round your wrist and call it a design.

LadySnow
Debater
Debater

Post by LadySnow »

Only 2 years? Oh well it's not very long, maybe she'll finish it after all.

soundslikenoise
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by soundslikenoise »

Yeah, I imagine her classes will (would?) range from pattern drafting, construction, fashion sketching, maybe something about the business/merchandising side, draping/techniques...

actually I just found a list of what classes are available for design (assuming that's what she's going for)
http://fidm.edu/en/Majors/Course+Descriptions/

I imagine there are also some "required" classes that would tie into fashion design, but wouldn't be hands-on -art or fashion history, ethics, essay or public speaking type classes? not sure but usually specialty schools have these type of classes to round the curriculum out.

I think she can probably do it if she's REALLY committed (haha), but I don't know..She can't keep a youtube channel going for more than a few months...

If she hasn't already applied, I can see her getting bored with the idea before classes would even start.
ImageImage
#AndGuest

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Noo way, no phase has lasted her 2 years. Even if thats not long in general, for her it definitely is. And dropping down to part time and complete it in many years is not going to happen either. I say she is either not going at all, or drops out REALLY soon. Like after a couple of weeks of skipping classes, oversleeping and not going at all.

LittlePinky82
Learner
Learner

Post by LittlePinky82 »

Yeah I agree I doubt she will last long if she can't keep interest in a youtube channel long. School is different and takes time and dedication. Even with her cosplay stuff I don't think she really made anything by scratch did she? If she was serious about it all she could have used that as a good time to practice on what she might work on in fashion school.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

^^^She did make her cozplai from scratch because that was the whole point of the channel. E.G. instead of buying a skirt and modifying it, she bought fabric and made the skirt. She did have to buy shoes and those types of things but for the most part she did make it all herself. That's what made it such a good channel, if she had bothered to stick with it.

peekapie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peekapie »

Since she's going to a trade school I'm not sure but I go to a 4 year R1 college and I study art. We have many required classes ranging from math, to communications to music theory and biology. I doubt kalel will get a well rounded education but I don't think she is interested in learning about anything other than fashion at the moment.

LittlePinky82
Learner
Learner

Post by LittlePinky82 »

peekapie wrote:Since she's going to a trade school I'm not sure but I go to a 4 year R1 college and I study art. We have many required classes ranging from math, to communications to music theory and biology. I doubt kalel will get a well rounded education but I don't think she is interested in learning about anything other than fashion at the moment.
I was just thinking about this but I think a lot of these girls, Kalel included, think they're just going to approve of fashion design's and let other people do the work. They want to be famous and want the glitter and shine not the hard work. So many of these girls , like Kalel , think cause they like clothes they can be in the fashion business. Those who think like that are in for a huge wake up call. And yeah every major you have your general education that everyone has like your math, science, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if in a degree like fashion you would have a lot of math used. More than people think.

kk4life
Stalker
Stalker

Post by kk4life »

Long time lurker first time poster. I'm majoring in Fashion Marketing and the courses range from basic gen eds (English Comp,Computer Science, Ethics, Psych, etc.) to more major related topics such as Fashion History, Visual Merchandising, Color Theory, Textiles and Draping. Most of my classes are with fashion design students and from what I've heard you really don't get into your more "design" based classes that give you more hands on work until you get further into your degree, which unfortunately frustrates a lot of students and causes them to drop out prematurely. I can definitely see this happening with Kalel after a few months, then her writing a blog post blaming the professors and how they weren't "letting her creativity shine" or feeding us some other BS excuse.

LittlePinky82
Learner
Learner

Post by LittlePinky82 »

kk4life wrote:Long time lurker first time poster. I'm majoring in Fashion Marketing and the courses range from basic gen eds (English Comp,Computer Science, Ethics, Psych, etc.) to more major related topics such as Fashion History, Visual Merchandising, Color Theory, Textiles and Draping. Most of my classes are with fashion design students and from what I've heard you really don't get into your more "design" based classes that give you more hands on work until you get further into your degree, which unfortunately frustrates a lot of students and causes them to drop out prematurely. I can definitely see this happening with Kalel after a few months, then her writing a blog post blaming the professors and how they weren't "letting her creativity shine" or feeding us some other BS excuse.
That makes a lot of sense with waiting until later in the career to get hands on. It seems to be that way with a lot of majors like that.

And yeah I can understand with subjects like computer science in this day and age with technology being used more in every day life so it doesn't surprise me with fashion too.

Lol the excuses you gave sound pretty right with her.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

Hahahaha. This thread.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Lol at the two people who voted for "Complete Degree" :lol: what were they thinking?

peachypop

Post by peachypop »

Someone should totally link this thread to twitter @'ing her with a note for people to notice the date it was created so they can all see how transparent she is. And as proof we aren't jealous haterz, but that we simply know who she actually is.

rainboa
Learner
Learner

Post by rainboa »

kk4life wrote:Long time lurker first time poster. I'm majoring in Fashion Marketing and the courses range from basic gen eds (English Comp,Computer Science, Ethics, Psych, etc.) to more major related topics such as Fashion History, Visual Merchandising, Color Theory, Textiles and Draping. Most of my classes are with fashion design students and from what I've heard you really don't get into your more "design" based classes that give you more hands on work until you get further into your degree, which unfortunately frustrates a lot of students and causes them to drop out prematurely. I can definitely see this happening with Kalel after a few months, then her writing a blog post blaming the professors and how they weren't "letting her creativity shine" or feeding us some other BS excuse.
This is so damn accurate it's scary!
...Except the "few months" part was entirely too generous. Did she even attend for a whole month? Smh

theaggie12
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by theaggie12 »

peekapie wrote:Since she's going to a trade school I'm not sure but I go to a 4 year R1 college and I study art. We have many required classes ranging from math, to communications to music theory and biology. I doubt kalel will get a well rounded education but I don't think she is interested in learning about anything other than fashion at the moment.
"I doubt Kalel will get a well rounded education" ---- Says the art major at a four year university LOL get a real major

kittenly
Learner
Learner

Post by kittenly »

theaggie12 wrote:
"I doubt Kalel will get a well rounded education" ---- Says the art major at a four year university LOL get a real major
Oh, but it is a real major. From printmaking to interior/fashion design to communication design to art history, it's all not just drawing and painting. A lot of business, speaking, marketing, and professional skills are required to be successful in the design field. If Kalel can't even handle working from textbooks for the first couple of years like everyone else does in every country and in every art school, then she won't be successful in possibly any design or professional field.

Also, most four year universities have been ranked to have the best art schools. In this case, Kalel really wasn't getting a well-rounded education at all, considering she didn't even want to bother reading a damn textbook. LMAO she's such a fucking joke.
"kalel look like a honeybun"

Return to “Kalel”