PearlNecklaceLikeJen?! Part 77

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PearlNecklaceLikeJen?! Part 77

Post by FLOSSY77 »

Loopyloo if that's the kind of stories your relatives share I want an invite. :D

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

FLOSSY77 wrote:Don is actually making guacamole.
More proof that she reads here. Hi Jen.
(Yes, I give him shit EVERY time about store bought guac. Easiest freaking thing on the planet to make and they usually buy it. I can't wait to see how many unnecessary spices he puts in ;) )

LuckyMe
Informer
Informer

Post by LuckyMe »

Yes, Don will put cumin, lemon pepper, garlic cloves, garlic powder, a dash of soy sauce, and oh, some avocados in it.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

LuckyMe wrote:Yes, Don will put cumin, lemon pepper, garlic cloves, garlic powder, a dash of soy sauce, and oh, some avocados in it.
Knowing Don he will probably find a way to put half a dead cow in there.

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

Has anyone heard back about when/whether the problems with the board will be resolved? I still can't stay logged in or see new posts without clearing browser cookies, which is too inconvenient elsewhere.

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

Ok people, I have asked my sister to ask the person for whom she designed a site/forum, etc to create a thread for us for when this board is offline.

I think it's a similar forum to this one. There is no thank you I believe I still haven't seen it. But here it is anyway. I haven't post there yet. I will just to let you guys know in a bit.

http://sweethazzard.com/forum/everythin ... ewifelife/

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

loopyloo wrote:
Honorary Melissa wrote:Jen LOVES to eat, which is fine. I don't think she was ever overweight or anything. But she has to hide it for some reason (probably because of Jill lbr) and come up with 5000 lies and excuses. IBS, she can't digest milk all of a sudden, she gave up sugar, she eats clean 80% of the time and only has a treat once or twice a week, etc. Then she films herself and we can see her large meals, her having several treats in one day and basically eating whatever she wants. :roll:

I honestly think Jen's need to be dainty and delicate and lady-like comes from Jill.
What I don't get is why someone as obsessed with issues around food and eating shows her food all the effing time. Seriously, just don't show us your food apart from the occasion incredible restaurant dish or birthday cake etc. I have no idea what most of the YTers I watch eat as apart from the occasional recipe they don't feel the need to constantly show their food. If Jen never (i) talked about sugar and (ii) constantly showed us sugary snacks none of us would have a clue about her sweet tooth.
I agree. The over-explaining when it comes to food has to have come from Jill. She's the only other person who we've seen display this sensitivity about eating. Don clearly has no shame :lol:

I think I get why Jen continues to show and talk about food while simultaneously pretending to be a dainty eater who gets full after one bite. She's conflicted. She clearly LOVES food (nothing wrong with that)...loves eating, loves going out to eat, loves ordering in, loves sugar etc etc. So she can't help but want to share and talk about it in her vlogs. But she probably has years of Jill's hang-ups with food running through her head at all times. So that's the part of her that starts protesting too much. Maybe Jill watches her vlogs and comments about the food Jen shows which in turn, makes Jen more self-conscious about it.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

Noelle wrote:Has anyone heard back about when/whether the problems with the board will be resolved? I still can't stay logged in or see new posts without clearing browser cookies, which is too inconvenient elsewhere.
Truth be told, I've given up. I don't think whoever runs this site has a genuine interest in running it well. There is clearly a solution to all this but whoever it is does not want to spend the money required.

I have no issues staying logged in. I find what "works" is hitting refresh every time I navigate to a new page. For example, I knew I wanted to reply to you. So I clicked on page 38. When I landed, I couldn't see your reply. I had to refresh and then I saw it. Similarly now when I "submit" my message, I won't see it until I hit refresh. Then when I click on page 39 to see if there are new posts, I will hit refresh when I land. Hope it makes sense. Refresh, refresh and refresh again!

lipstick jungle

Yeah, that's what I do as well fiercelyprivate

refresh a BUNCH of times, every time I log in, I edit, I post, etc.

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

My issues were gone for about 4 days but it's been awful again today with the log outs. I too refresh a lot as a temp fix.

FP: I agree that the food issues more than likely come from Jill. I wish Jen would lighten up about it, but at the same time, that's the kind of crazy I like about Jen.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

Same here. I refresh constantly. Only way the site has worked for me for weeks. :roll: Refresh Refresh Refresh :rofl: I have dirty jokes I'll just keep in my sick mind.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

Same with me. Not only that but I have to access the site from Internet Explorer as apposed to Chrome. If I use Chrome I can't view my subscriptions because without it logging me out so I have to search all the threads and refresh a million times. Thanks lipstick for making a backup board! <3

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

Almost to page 40. I'm hoping for some inspirational "party" pics from Jen but until then I suggest WaterVesselLikeJen for the next thread title.

mariella
Informer
Informer

Post by mariella »

yes this whole refresh refresh works for me, too. but it is really annoying and this board has been off the air so often, too.
thanks for the backup. are we gonna migrate there or is this just an in case GG goes away thing?

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

I just assumed it was our "backup" for Jen gossip ;)

mariella
Informer
Informer

Post by mariella »

LOL I can't believe as true Jen-ists we haven't thought of a back up forum before!!!

lateKate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lateKate »

Hey guy, I have sent a request to one of the mods for a name change to my original name on this forum, lateKate. I am sick of the name Donsplain and can't stand the person it is associated with it. So if you see a lateKate here it is just me. Not a "long time lurker first time poster" ;)

lipstick jungle

mariella wrote:yes this whole refresh refresh works for me, too. but it is really annoying and this board has been off the air so often, too.
thanks for the backup. are we gonna migrate there or is this just an in case GG goes away thing?
I don't know. you do your thing.

I like this site because it has the thank you button. Plus the link will get lost in the threads, especially now that we'll start a new one, and most will miss it.

I post this in the backup forum so I'll just quote myself because IamlazyLikeJen
Indeed, stupid of us for not having thought of that first.

It's super duper late here, I am off, we'll see how this works. but at least we have a place for when GG REALLY acts up.

now... I hope trolls don't follow. This is dead I don't expect any sort of moderators and I don't think there's a foe list kind of a thing.
I think it depends how many find that easier than this one and go there.

If the majority finds it easier then I'll go there.

whatever.

The backup :lol: is the most important thing. We KNOW how much this damn site shuts down.

just spread the word for when it's offline.
I don't talk to anyone via PM, so if you do, warn them.

( If I suddenly vanish is because the mods decided to ban me for creating competition for them :lol: )

gardenhoe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gardenhoe »

Hating myself right now.

Was on YouTube trying to learn how to do something on a Cricut Explore die cutting machine software. On the side, I see its suggesting how to make DIY planner stickers on a Cricut machine. I ended up watching several videos and even pinned 2 on Pinterest. I don't even use stickers and I can't even think of any to make. I don't want to get sucked down that road!!!

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

gardenhoe wrote:Hating myself right now.

Was on YouTube trying to learn how to do something on a Cricut Explore die cutting machine software. On the side, I see its suggesting how to make DIY planner stickers on a Cricut machine. I ended up watching several videos and even pinned 2 on Pinterest. I don't even use stickers and I can't even think of any to make. I don't want to get sucked down that road!!!
gardenhoe you don't want to go down that road! Stickers are a gateway drug to owning 20 planners which are a gateway to bubble baths with your dog... :?

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”