GrilledCheeseandSympathyLikeJen Part 64

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GrilledCheeseandSympathyLikeJen Part 64

Post by Noelle »

Spankme wrote:I wouldn't eat cookies in my tub because it just wouldn't be relaxing for me. I'd throw them in my mouth real quick, and then hop in the tub. I don't see the point of setting them on a plate, and bringing them upstairs
That perfectly describes why it's so weird yet funny. It's a cartoon-y thing to do, not a real-person thing, because it's more fuss to carry two cookies with you than to just eat them. But this is why I watch Jen instead of bland types. She is never practical. Everything is an experience.

Does anyone remember a Milano commercial where a woman (probably your stereotypical busy mom, looking to have "something of her own") hid her Milanos in the light fixture? I can see Jen doing that in her bathroom. I really can.

She is even hashtagging in Anna Saccone's voice now. Everything is cheeky. Blargle.

ETA: OMG. :rofl: Found the commerical. jen is the plumber! I didn't recall that part. :lol:

gardenhoe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gardenhoe »

Kristina shared on Saturday the fund her friends set up, but Jen doesn't donate till Wed Pm after I post here. Wow. I guess she doesn't follow any of here special friends social media. Kristina had been posting about it all week as Mannie had been at vet for 2 days prior.

Athletic Calves
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Athletic Calves »

Rory0425 wrote:I watched Kristina's video tribute to Mannie. Oh man...have to go hug my kitties now. :( I do applaud her for first adopting an older cat - Mannie was 8 when she adopted him - and for donating the profits to a shelter. Both of my cats were rescued from the local shelter. One is almost two and the other will be a year old in June, and the adoption fee ($100 each) was the best money I've ever spent!
Aww...that video was heart breaking. I feel so bad for Kristina. Losing a pet is so terribly sad.

One thing that struck me though was how beautiful those pictures of Mannie were. I have never "met" the cat but looking at those pics, I felt I could sense his spunky little personality. When Jen takes pics of Winnie, they are all staged and look the same (or Winnie looks like she is sleeping off a wicked hangover).

I love Kristina just a little bit for encouraging pet adoption. :love2: <3 Don't shop, adopt!
Formerly KittyGlitter

MattressCrowSoapJar
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by MattressCrowSoapJar »

Athletic Calves wrote:
Rory0425 wrote:I watched Kristina's video tribute to Mannie. Oh man...have to go hug my kitties now. :( I do applaud her for first adopting an older cat - Mannie was 8 when she adopted him - and for donating the profits to a shelter. Both of my cats were rescued from the local shelter. One is almost two and the other will be a year old in June, and the adoption fee ($100 each) was the best money I've ever spent!
Aww...that video was heart breaking. I feel so bad for Kristina. Losing a pet is so terribly sad.

One thing that struck me though was how beautiful those pictures of Mannie were. I have never "met" the cat but looking at those pics, I felt I could sense his spunky little personality. When Jen takes pics of Winnie, they are all staged and look the same (or Winnie looks like she is sleeping off a wicked hangover).

I love Kristina just a little bit for encouraging pet adoption. :love2: <3 Don't shop, adopt!
That's because Mannie was Kristina's much-loved pet. Winnie is just Jen's prop.

Princess LushBomb
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Princess LushBomb »

^^^sad but true. She's another accessory to dress up and play with.
"Did you all take stupid pills this morning?" credit given to Mr. Potato Head

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

I was catching up on Community and this reminded me of someone. :lol:

Princess LushBomb
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Princess LushBomb »

Aw Kristina' s video of Mannie brought a tear. He had personality!
"Did you all take stupid pills this morning?" credit given to Mr. Potato Head

BBathory
Learner
Learner

Post by BBathory »

Queen of Sheba has given me life hahahaha I love her videos. Her husband looks SO familiar though

Rory0425
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rory0425 »

Athletic Calves wrote:

Getting a cat to pose for a picture is nearly impossible! I wanted to do that with my cats and after numerous treats (and lucky shots with the camera) I had a couple of decent photos!

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

Sorry if this is old news, but Lilly Pulitzer is releasing a new line of Target travel bags, and of course I thought of Jen and her hauls. There are a bunch of cosmetic pouches, organizers, and train cases. The patterns are awful IMO. Tacky takes on fish, flamingos, and giraffe, among others, in summery shades. I really want to like them but just can't.

Jen may need the whole lot for her upcoming family vacations, though. Can't see her passing them up, no matter how many bags she already has. Maybe we are in for a full review, like she did with the OK line. I hope not.

She will at least want this one for the name of the print alone. It's very Yellow Submarine to my eye.

Wonder where they are going as a family. Utah, Pebble Beach, Long Island? The Scientology compound for a little auditing? Someplace exciting?

And the most important question -- will there be vlogs? I thought she was done punishing/hiding out. She received tons of great feedback, people saying "this is the Jen I love and want to see!", so naturally she hasn't followed up. :roll: She can vlog and crank out these sit-down videos, too. She's done it before. (I know, I know, busy wasp bee.)
Last edited by Noelle on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

UnorganisedlikeJen
Debater
Debater

Post by UnorganisedlikeJen »

fiercelyprivate wrote:
Oubliette wrote:Can someone please enlighten me on what this is/looks like?

That's pretty disgusting...

Like Chandler from Friends would say "You just sit there stewing in your own filth." :? :barf:
I think that's the spot where the water comes out from the faucet. It always creates a 'hole' like that as it pushes the bubbles away. I disagree with Chandler though...unless you're (maybe) farming and/or rolling in pig shit, the majority of people just don't get that dirty/filthy doing their daily activities. Especially if they bathe every day to begin with. Another thing that some people do is shower/rinse off before getting into the tub. I understand hygiene is debatable with Jen though :D
I thought it was Fat Shark lurking beneath the water, waiting to attack. :lol:

Hey guys haven't been on for a few days due to life commitments. I had hoped that there would be a few interesting vids, maybe even a vlog from Jen but I am not watching any of that crap, none of it interests me at all. I have unsubbed from MHWL and I refuse to sub OLJ until she ups her game and provides better content.

I am just going to call it, I doubt she will film her entire purge of the closet. I think we will only get to see the things she is chucking out, because there is so much more crap filling that closet and she doesn't want the hate. :roll:

PrivateDonationLikeJen :tu: I would have thought she would have 'reached out' to her friend (although perhaps she did privately as she is soooo private) as she had that scare with Winnie and almost came off the rails completely last year as a result.

UnorganisedlikeJen
Debater
Debater

Post by UnorganisedlikeJen »

Noelle wrote:Sorry if this is old news, but Lilly Pulitzer is releasing a new line of Target travel bags, and of course I thought of Jen and her hauls. There are a bunch of cosmetic pouches, organizers, and train cases. The patterns are awful IMO. Tacky takes on fish, flamingos, and giraffe, among others, in summery shades. I really want to like them but just can't.

Jen may need the whole lot for her upcoming family vacations, though. Can't see her passing them up, no matter how many bags she already has. Maybe we are in for a full review, like she did with the OK line. I hope not.

She will at least want this one for the name of the print alone. It's very Yellow Submarine to my eye.

Wonder where they are going as a family. Utah, Pebble Beach, Long Island? The Scientology compound for a little auditing? Someplace exciting?

And the most important question -- will there be vlogs? I thought she was done punishing/hiding out. She received tons of great feedback, people saying "this is the Jen I love and want to see!", so naturally she hasn't followed up. :roll: She can vlog and crank out these sit-down videos. She's done it before. (I know, I know, busy wasp bee.)
Didn't Jen purchase an entire collection of Orla Kierly (or however you spell it) bags just like that? I think she said she was going to review them all. Those bags are right up her alley, you can fit all the things in them to make it look like you have less things so you can continue to buy more things. :D

Spankme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spankme »

^^those are ugly. So we're the other onea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

She did purchase all of the Orla bags, and I wonder if she still has them. I was thinking she may decide they no longer "spark joy" if she spots these. ;) Then again, the girl brings 14 pouches with her for a long weekend. She may need both brands.

Spankme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spankme »

^^those are ugly. So we're the other onea

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

She sure had a LOT of stuff.
But if we take into consideration she had a closet filled to the brim, desks, etc with just her own stuff , yet she rotated the same old 5 outfits, I am glad she managed to get rid of so much.
CLOTHING PURGE | KONMARI METHOD
I was inspired by Marie Kondo’s The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (which I reviewed last week) to attack my entire wardrobe in one fell swoop. I followed the KonMari Method, which suggests beginning the clothing purge process by placing piles of all clothing on the floor. This first step was quite powerful for me as it revealed just how much I really had. I was blown away by the sheer size of my pile! Keep in mind it includes everything from everyday wear to special occasion clothes, sleepwear, workout gear, undergarments, and everything in between.
Kondo recommends a particular order to go through your clothing, which I basically followed, starting with tops, then moving onto bottoms, hung items, socks, underwear, bags, accessories, clothes for specific events, and finally shoes. I veered slightly from this order saving my bags, accessories, and shoes for after all of the clothing, mainly because I couldn’t fit any more piles on my floor. Even though it looks like one jumbled heap, I actually placed the clothing on the floor in piles in this order for ease of sorting. While it did feel overwhelming at first, I found that once I sat down and started sorting I felt really calm and focused. It took me about an hour and a half to go through and pick up each garment before deciding what to keep and what to give away. In the end I broke the rules just a bit and tried on seven things I had put aside because I couldn’t get a clear read from just holding them. I only kept one of those items and donated the rest.
The “after” pile surprised me as well, but in a much different way from the “before” pile. I had a feeling going into the purge process that I’d be getting rid of about 50% of my wardrobe, but I hadn’t expected to get rid of more than that and with such ease. Using the KonMari Method, I was able to make instant decisions about each article of clothing and accessory. Instead of hemming and hawing and getting stuck over rationalizations, which is what normally happens to me even when deciding whether to purchase or keep a new item, I instead relied on my feelings and intuition about each piece. Right away after picking something up I knew if I had a good feeling about it or not for the most part and was able to make an immediate decision based on that feeling. How liberating! Taking the brainwork out of the equation freed me to really let go of what I truly no longer needed or wanted in my life. I am a KonMari convert!
I was left with five extra large garbage bags of clothes to donate, one regular size garbage bag of clothing and winter accessories and one regular size bag of trash (I only tossed things that couldn’t possibly be recycled like underwear and worn out socks and slippers). I also filled 8 large shopping bags of nicer quality items to donate to specific charities, and two rectangular bins with enough handbags and accessories for my own charity auction next year (this year’s charity auction will be announced soon!).
Here is a list of the charities/donation drives I picked:
1. Goodwill – Items donated are sold and the revenue generated funds employment training and job placement services for people in the community.
2. One Warm Coat – Provides a list of local coat drives (most are held in the fall so I plan on keeping this bag in storage until then).
3. Dreams Delivered – Provides free prom wear including dresses, shoes, and accessories to local underprivileged high school students.
4. Dress for Success – Provides business appropriate clothing, shoes, and accessories to women in need going on interviews.
5. Shelter, Inc. Thrift Shop – Proceeds from sold items fund this organization which provides support to abused and neglected children and teens.
6. Northshore Exchange – High-end resale boutique whose proceeds support local charities serving children and families with the greatest need.
7. Personal Charity Auction – I sell my previously loved bags and accessories to support a charity of my choosing through eBay Giving Works. This year’s charity auction will be announced soon! Click here to see the results of my first charity auction.
I understand that not everyone will agree with my charity choices, but I ask that you please respect my right to choose where I donate my belongings.
I documented my entire clothing purge process in this video, if you’re interested in a more in-depth look:
[youtube][/youtube]
I’m feeling energized after completing this major wardrobe purge and I can’t wait to tackle the remaining parts of my bedroom and then move onto the rest of my home. I’ve decided I’m not in a particular hurry to complete my entire home purge process and will be breaking it down mainly by room from here on out. I plan to space out my process so that I can focus on sharing other things with you as well in the coming months. I’d love to know if you decide to give the KonMari Method a go and what you think of the process.
Happy spring cleaning!

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

Will have to watch the video later.

I will be the lone dissenter but I love the Lily Pulitzer stuff <3 (but I also have 2 of the Orange Orla Kiely pieces too. That was the first Jen video I watched) The Lily patterns scream vacation to me (which is the only time I use those) so I admit that I am totally getting a train case...

Spankme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spankme »

It's okay snob bitch :) Some train cases I like you probably wouldn't either. Everyone's different!
Plus I'm sure it's probably the evil in me not wanting to like what Jen has! <3

forever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by forever »

I'm watching the video now. At 16:16, she's keeping the owl pj :D :lol: but I don't see the bunny onesie. :PB:

Maybe they're on the bottom of the pile?

Actually,....I didn't see them when she was giving the quick preview at the beginning. hmmm :scratch:

LoveMyTwoGirls
Informer
Informer

Post by LoveMyTwoGirls »

No Jen. If I pulled out all of my clothes you will see I have like 15 tops, 2 jeans, 2 capris, a few dresses and skirts and my lounge wear. I would not be 'shocked' by what I have. Yes, I will semi judge you for the amount you have. Not really in a negative way, I don't think it is bad that you have a lot of clothing but the way you go about 'speaking' to others about this

BBathory
Learner
Learner

Post by BBathory »

Why did we need ANOTHER tour of her closet and drawers?

CeCe
Talker
Talker

Post by CeCe »

Haven't watched the video yet but I wish she'd get rid of that ugly shirt she's wearing in the thumbnail.

Spankme
Gossiper
Gossiper

GrilledCheeseandSympathyLikeJen Part 64

Post by Spankme »

I'm actually glad that she didn't split this up into some sort of "series" bullshit, and drag it out for a few weeks. Maybe there's hope for a vlog then.

But she'll probably be really tired after this, knowing Jen.

Also, she should probably find a foundation that matches her neck! Or at least blend it from her face to her neck. Damn!

WhatDoWeCallThis
Informer
Informer

Post by WhatDoWeCallThis »

No Jen. If I pulled out all of my clothes you will see I have like 15 tops, 2 jeans, 2 capris, a few dresses and skirts and my lounge wear. I would not be 'shocked' by what I have. Yes, I will semi judge you for the amount you have. Not really in a negative way, I don't think it is bad that you have a lot of clothing but the way you go about 'speaking' to others about this
I'm the same way...I'm doing this process on my clothing now and all my clothing can easily fit on our queen sized bed--without covering the entire surface and without the pile being taller than me. She has an unusually large amount of clothing.

Off to watch the video while I'm folding my "keep" clothing (not in the true KonMari fashion--I like my things folded horizontally...sssshhhhh. Don't tell!)

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

Keep in mind it includes everything from everyday wear to special occasion clothes, sleepwear, workout gear, undergarments, and everything in between.
Really?? I would have thought she had way more than this if she included ALL the categories she listed above. Maybe my eyes aren't processing the picture and depth of the pile correctly.

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”