Content Ideas For Jen

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Content Ideas For Jen

Post by Noelle »

What types of videos would you like to see from Jen? I'm always curious about this and thought a new thread made sense so that we can add to it over time. The more details, the better.

I have mentioned these before, but I'd like to see the following:

~ Experimental cooking videos. I know she said that Cook Nooks are for "tried and true" recipes, but I think it would be fun to do something totally new and see how it turns out. Maybe pick a different country each week and try a traditional dish. This could include vlogging material of her tracking down the ingredients in Chicago at specialty stores. Would allow us to see more of the city.

~ Along the same lines, vlog while shopping for crafting supplies, if she indeed plans to do craft videos. I think it makes for a much more interesting video to include the entire process, checking out stores, choosing materials, etc. I like "come along with me while I do errands" segments.

~ Food reviews of various smaller restaurants in the area, also with a potential focus on ethnic dishes. Something a little more thorough than what we see in the vlogs, where each dish is clearly shown and described and then reviewed. So many people have mentioned that they want to see more of the city in Jen's vlogs, so I'm trying to think of ways she could incorporate local places more often.

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Content Ideas For Jen

Post by Snobbitch »

I just want a damn Target haul. She finds the most obscure things sometimes but sometimes I get ideas.

And since she's playing fashionista, how about a dressing room montage at Anthropologie or Nordstrom or something?

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

I love the Target hauls, too. :) Target Tuesdays every week would be great. I'm sure she still does these hauls anyway, and most people seem to enjoy them.

Ailment Of Choice
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ailment Of Choice »

Why do you want to see cooking videos from Jen? She can't even make basic scrambled eggs (the way she pokes and stabs at them with her spatula makes me cringe) and her baking videos are so excruciatingly boring. Cooking videos are the last thing I want to see from her and I love cooking videos!

I do agree I would like videos where she tries new things more often (maybe crafting) and I would definitely love more videos that showed Chicago. I would also like travel vlogs that are done well. And maybe just vlogs in general that are done well.

IMO she should just stick to her basics and focus on doing them well first. So if she is going to do a bag buzz, learn how to say the brand properly and learn some actual information about the company instead of talking shit. If she is going to do a Valentine's day Rice Krispie treat, don't call it gluten free unless you are using a gluten free brand that you share with your viewers. If she is going to vlog then show something other than feet and food and stop shaking the camera and moving it around so quickly that viewers get motion sickness.

The quality of her videos she has been repeating is absolutely horrendous for someone big enough to "re-brand" and give out business cards, and to expect her to be able to provide new content when her recycled content is so shitty would be a joke.

But if I was going to see new content for her I guess I would love it to be about purging/not shopping/ living on a budget/doing something from others which would either inspire a real breakdown or a breakthrough instead of the same ole same ole bullshit where she pats herself on her back for her growth by going on a journey of dipping Rice Krispie treats in chocolate and never really grows or changes at all.
TFS! ((HUGS))

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

I just find cooking videos relaxing, even though I don't watch them for the instructional factor. I've never cared for Jen's Cook Nooks, though. They're too serious for my taste and lack personality. Many of us have said that she should cook more often, especially since she has all the gadgets already, so I was thinking that it would more entertaining for her to do something experimental and less structured than her old cooking videos. Have some fun with it. Maybe even film it vlog-style.

It would be good for her to do a purge video and show what she is parting with and why.

lolobird
Talker
Talker

Post by lolobird »

At this point, I might watch any sort of video she makes if she doesn't bitch or whine the whole time, pronounces things correctly, and doesn't state a wrong fact after another.

I can't imagine asking anything more of a woman-child who can't even groom her dog regularly anymore, or...hell... even wake up without first putting it on her planner so she can check it off as a daily accomplishment.

cashcow
Informer
Informer

Post by cashcow »

Anything where she is not being so pretentious and edited. Some of Jens old videos back in the day she had a quirky charm now she is just phony. :(

QueenElsa
Learner
Learner

Post by QueenElsa »

I agree, I want a freakin Target haul! And an good old fashioned vlog now and then, where she's being herself.

Other than that, I don't know. I don't care about planners or bags or watching her attempt to cook. I always liked her packing videos, even though she sucks at packing.

Purging and reorganizing would be fun, I just don't think she'd truly purge. She would just buy more shit to replace what she got rid of.

Maybe redecorating a room or two in her house. Especially her awful bedroom, I'd love to see her attempt to paint and redecorate that room.

I just want her to stop being so guarded and boring. She's just SO boring and unwatchable now.

wickedknotty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wickedknotty »

I would like to see Jen do a home makeover. They live in a beautiful large home and have many rooms to choose from. The wall colors are not appealing and were there when they bought the home. She does have lovely furnishings, but it is so basic and her rooms are staged to look like the catalogs the items came from.

She never rearranges her furniture or anything unless it is to move it for parties. She is so regimented about everything living in a certain place, she misses an opportunity to enjoy the freshness of making small changes. It wouldn't have to be all new things, some new art or lamps or something.

She has so much space and the money to fill it and her house looks like the model home in a new housing development

Lady_Cusstard
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Cusstard »

I don't expect not do I want Jen to magically become an entirely different person who purges and budgets. I want the old Jen who really did "do her" and wasn't so worried about how she was being perceived. I want her rebranding to just be a reboot, where she stops reading comments and just shows her $2000 personal days and buckets of overpriced nonsense. And I think she should start the whole thing with a video that shows she's in on the joke. Stop snidely sneaking in stuff for us bitches and just straight up have her first rebranding launch video show a trailer backing a flat of B&BW candles into her garage, a montage of her putting exactly the same decorations in exactly the same place every year, a huge haul of all new clothes "to fit her 30-something year old self" followed by a compilation of OOTDs consisting entirely of things she's had "for years and years". I wanna see her roll around in a pile of designer handbags and toss money in the air. Then a big :FU: to all the bitches and the minions who think she's so sweet and gentle.

Princess LushBomb
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Princess LushBomb »

yes to Target hauls, purging (as if) and redecorating in more modern, bright colors. Her furniture has good bones and its good quality so just updating paint, accessories and bedding would be a huge difference. NGL I LOVE her vanity!

OH, OH, OH..show us the YELLOW DOLL ROOM!!!!!! :rofl:
"Did you all take stupid pills this morning?" credit given to Mr. Potato Head

Ophelia
Informer
Informer

Post by Ophelia »

I actually really like her vlogs when she's alone in Utah. I feel like we get a more honest and natural representation of who she is in those videos.

wickedknotty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wickedknotty »

Princess LushBomb wrote:yes to Target hauls, purging (as if) and redecorating in more modern, bright colors. Her furniture has good bones and its good quality so just updating paint, accessories and bedding would be a huge difference. NGL I LOVE her vanity!

OH, OH, OH..show us the YELLOW DOLL ROOM!!!!!! :rofl:
Yes, YES, YAAASSSS!! American Girl dolls are super expensive and have a dedicated niche market. I figure that if there is a "planner community" this line of dolls would have a fervent fan base as well. She could feature each doll in a video, do a separate accessories video, and a room tour. This series would last as long as her collection, and give her a reason to keep building on it.

She could do a series of collection videos for each costly line of trinkets she hoards. The teddy bears, the spoons, the tea cups, the Disney goodies, hell, there are probably workout enthusiasts who want to see her lululemon selection.

We know she has money. We know she has expensive things. She has reacted to the backlash about her spending by putting her interests into hiding. All this talk about rebranding and using phrases like be brave and just own it could really be put into play here. We already know she owns this stuff, so why not embrace the crazy and let her freak flag fly. I would totally watch her tell me the attributes of each and every doll and tchotchke. You already own it, now own it.

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”