Beigesofrumpy / minimalist hoarder Part 5

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Re: Beigesofrumpy / minimalist hoarder Part 5

Post by Deedlemonster »

Elyezabeth wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:34 pm
I've watched a few of her recent plant videos for background noise because I still like her voice even if none of her life choices make sense, but wow does it seem like she's headed right back to hoarding just as badly as she always does with a new hobby. It's weird that she so strongly shunned her makeup hoarding but always sees her new hobbies as somehow more wholesome and enriching than makeup and therefore totally acceptable to spend all of her time and money on.

She's also super annoying to me with the way she's always tried to come across as some sort of expert naturalist when she's just a hobbyist who gets grabby hands at whatever other hobbyists think is in-demand at any given time.
Yes! Its still hoarding even if you are using it as a hobby or career. And having alot of plants is fine but don't play it off like you're a minimalist.

Your_Bitchness
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Your_Bitchness »

I just watched her new video. She says room to grow. There’s literally no more space for any plants. I thought she’s a cosy minimalist. That’s plain hoarding in my opinion. I wonder what the owner of this house would say if he/she sees the video. Boxes of plants in cupboards. Wtf??? I honestly wonder how Micheal truely feels about all this. And I wonder if they sorted out their problems. Why did she make an ugly fountain? What is the purpose of that? Her mental health is in decline for sure. Micheal. I hope you get the help you need. I wish the same for you Christine. I’m also thinking they are struggling financially and that’s kinda understandable with what’s happening in the world right now. What are your thoughts and opinions?

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

Your_Bitchness wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:15 pm
I just watched her new video. She says room to grow. There’s literally no more space for any plants. I thought she’s a cosy minimalist. That’s plain hoarding in my opinion. I wonder what the owner of this house would say if he/she sees the video. Boxes of plants in cupboards. Wtf??? I honestly wonder how Micheal truely feels about all this. And I wonder if they sorted out their problems. Why did she make an ugly fountain? What is the purpose of that? Her mental health is in decline for sure. Micheal. I hope you get the help you need. I wish the same for you Christine. I’m also thinking they are struggling financially and that’s kinda understandable with what’s happening in the world right now. What are your thoughts and opinions?
She's a fucking hoarder, period! I can't believe the number of plants she has in her house. It doesn't look good (lots of tiny plants in cheap pots) and the atmosphere must be unhealthy by now. I don't understand why people are complimenting her for her beautiful home, etc. And she hoards other things as well. She showed about 40 nail polishes in another video. I know they are probably gifted, but you would think that a "minimalist" would pass on the surplus immediately instead of letting things rot in her home. Her life must be so empty if all she is able to fill it with are consumerist hobbies. Buying plants, making lists of her makeup items, monitoring her food. It's stifling. And Michael looks rough as ever.

Minimalist
Talker
Talker

Post by Minimalist »

I only skim through her videos since they became so plant focused. I enjoy plants but have no desire to watch videos on her "babies".
I loved the cute little squirrel in her latest video I have to admit. <3 So lovely. Something about it also seemed so sad though. It's clear Christine has a very loving nurturing side. I'd love to see her commit to a dog or cat or something. I don't think Michael would be up for it though. She just seems so lonely sometimes.
I did roll my eyes at her getting rid of so much of her furniture again. Even their seats in the living room. I do wonder if they'll regret that at some point. She has been selling a lot of her stuff. Even her Harrison Ford top that I thought she loved and has had forever. Maybe they're struggling financially, I don't know. I thought they might have moved by now as well.
Her wardrobe made me feel a little sad as well. Not for lack of items, but the lack of colour. If she loves everything then fair enough, but I feel like she actually looks so much better when I've seen her wearing stronger colours. That yellow tank she has for example looks lovely on her and brightens her up so much. Michael seems to hate colour though. I remember her trying on stuff and saying how much Michael doesn't like her to wear strong colours which was kind of sad to hear. I feel like they both stifle each other. She seemed to come alive a bit when they split a couple of years back.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

I suddenly thought of Christine yesterday, and went to check out her channel after many months of abstinence. One room contains her makeup table and is otherwise chock-full of plants. They are not decorative, they are just there and take up all the space. The room that I think was their living room now looks like some junk-filled utility room. I don't understand all this doing and undoing at all. Christine seems to follow an even more restricted diet, she has stopped eating all processed foods. I'm not saying this is bad, it's great actually. But she mainly has smoothies, juices, and those sad raw vegetable rolls. She spoke passive-aggressively about Michael, saying he eats lots of vegan junk food and doesn't follow a healing diet, like she does. Yeah, the squirrel is cute. But Michael and Christine just seem to pass the time in their ugly little house that they never seem to be content with.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I had forgotten about Christine. I used to really enjoy her back in the day but then her content went sideways for me. I need to
check her out again. I haven’t watched her much since she started really getting into plants. I will read this thread more and catch
up. I caught up once and it was so depressing I stopped.

youtubersuck
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubersuck »

the thumbnail and title of her last video reminds me of freelee... please don't copy freelee ew
she said back in the day the dermatologist didnt care about the reason she had acne they just wanted to give her antibiotics... umm yes and? did you try it and didn't work? do you think medicine is made in hell by demons?? wtf also using the word "healing" TOO MUCH. just stahp! her anxiety and obsessions hurt her much more than oils and fat and processed foods. why can't she see that?? she's probably against therapists too I guess. even though unlike other youtubers maybe she can't afford one anyway so ..
I don't understand the need to have so many plants indoors when they have a yard :roll:
oh and her hair looks ruined, she needs to chop half off

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CountessOfPerth »

I spent some time catching up on this thread a little while ago, though I'll admit I haven't watched any of Christine's more recent videos. I did check out one after seeing all the concern regarding Michael and whoa, he did (does?) look unwell. That made me sad. I actually think about Christine fairly often lol she was the first beauty guru I got really into and she influenced a lot of my purchases back in like 2012/2013. I'm still curious about what they actually do for money. Can her videos really be raking in that much adsense money? Does she get sponsorships?

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CountessOfPerth »

Dandelion wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:14 pm
I suddenly thought of Christine yesterday, and went to check out her channel after many months of abstinence. One room contains her makeup table and is otherwise chock-full of plants. They are not decorative, they are just there and take up all the space. The room that I think was their living room now looks like some junk-filled utility room. I don't understand all this doing and undoing at all. Christine seems to follow an even more restricted diet, she has stopped eating all processed foods. I'm not saying this is bad, it's great actually. But she mainly has smoothies, juices, and those sad raw vegetable rolls. She spoke passive-aggressively about Michael, saying he eats lots of vegan junk food and doesn't follow a healing diet, like she does. Yeah, the squirrel is cute. But Michael and Christine just seem to pass the time in their ugly little house that they never seem to be content with.
Double post, sorry! Christine's diet has increasingly worried me, honestly. Of course we all know our own bodies better than anyone else, but that woman can't be consuming more than like 1000 calories most days. Lots of raw foods and produce is great. But she won't even use salt, spices, oil...the restrictions are severe. I remember like a decade ago when I thought it was already weird that she and Michael would split a veggie burger in half. Now she doesn't even eat those. I honestly miss her makeup videos so much. I have zero interest in indoor plants personally, but I get that those videos probably are quite popular these days.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

And who guessed it? She's selling off a ton of her plants. The cycle restarts again.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Is she moving on from plants? Buying new ones?

Return to “Christine Kobzeff”