pinksofoxy/Christine Kobzeff - Part 4

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

Continue here :)
RETIRED MODERATOR

auntiflo13
Has thanked: 0

Re: pinksofoxy/Christine Kobzeff - Part 4

Post by auntiflo13 »

The only way possible that Christine can stop with the 'consumerism' - is to become wholly self sufficient. This means without buying things for money. Here in the UK, people have small farms and live 'off the land' and trade vegetables. meat or wool for something they need - no money changes hands. These self sufficient people make their own clothes - it's a fascinating way of life. Christine would have heart failure if she stopped shopping at Ross or Whole foods...or if her and Michael had to stop eating out at their favourite vegan restaurant.

It just seems highly hypocritical for her not to want to 'give in' to consumerism when, that is ALL she does. She gets a fascination about a hobby, then buys and buys everything that goes with that hobby. That's until, she's figured out she doesn't have enough space - then has to 'declutter' . I'm actually looking forward to the move back to the mainland to see what fads/hobbies take over Christine's life instead !
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Elyezabeth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Elyezabeth »

auntiflo13 wrote:The only way possible that Christine can stop with the 'consumerism' - is to become wholly self sufficient. This means without buying things for money. Here in the UK, people have small farms and live 'off the land' and trade vegetables. meat or wool for something they need - no money changes hands. These self sufficient people make their own clothes - it's a fascinating way of life. Christine would have heart failure if she stopped shopping at Ross or Whole foods...or if her and Michael had to stop eating out at their favourite vegan restaurant.

It just seems highly hypocritical for her not to want to 'give in' to consumerism when, that is ALL she does. She gets a fascination about a hobby, then buys and buys everything that goes with that hobby. That's until, she's figured out she doesn't have enough space - then has to 'declutter' . I'm actually looking forward to the move back to the mainland to see what fads/hobbies take over Christine's life instead !
I think "consumerism" has more to do with the mentality/lifestyle of excessive consumption, not just buying some things at stores rather than producing them yourself. Or were you saying for Christine in particular, the only way to overcome that is to just never buy anything at all? That I would probably agree with. It's astonishing how many times she's managed to convince herself that she's purging and purifying her life only to start hoarding a new category of stuff within a few months.

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CountessOfPerth »

In her declutter, did she really say "I'm so Italian" or did I hear her wrong? It irked me. I've never once heard her say anything about being Italian. All I remember is Mexican and German.
Also, it rubbed the wrong way how she said she always refused to do videos on Sigma brushes just because so many other YTers did videos on them and they drove her "insane." What??? Okay then.

Post by Guest »

Fun drinking game = take a shot every time Christine says "vegan" or "natural" in her videos... :?

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by nina84 »

Becca6779 wrote:Fun drinking game = take a shot every time Christine says "vegan" or "natural" in her videos... :?
Yes! I was just about to say that, she must've said ''vegan'' at least 15 times.

Post by Guest »

Anyone else fast forward through her long winded, pseudo-intellectual lecture about minimalism at the beginning of the video.... :|

Uwasa
Learner
Learner

Post by Uwasa »

Sounds like she's been reading some Marie Kondo, haha.
Don’t keep gifts out of guilt. After the joy of the gift-giving moment is through, you can donate the gift without guilt. It has served its purpose.

cephues
Debater
Debater

Post by cephues »

nina84 wrote:
Becca6779 wrote:Fun drinking game = take a shot every time Christine says "vegan" or "natural" in her videos... :?
Yes! I was just about to say that, she must've said ''vegan'' at least 15 times.
I came here to complain about this everything was this isn't vegan I'm vegan it has beewax it isn't vegan. Okay Christine we get your fucking vegan. You don't need to be shoving it in my face.

lucifer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lucifer »

Her invisalign lisp bothers the fuck out of me. I can't listen to any of her videos anymore because it's so annoying, jesus. She can't take it out for videos? Her whole persona is just annoying now, I barely watch anymore. I'm sure within 3 months she'll be onto the next fad, hoarding everything in sight. I wonder what color clothing she'll hoarde next. I'm sure she'll figure something out when she gets to arizona and there's a whole new area to shop in.

alaskanebraska
Debater
Debater

Post by alaskanebraska »

I barely watch Christine these days, but in her latest declutter she mentioned they will be going "modern minimalist" when they move to Arizona. Is she not doing the bohemian thing anymore?

Takasan
Learner
Learner

Post by Takasan »

There is minimalism on one side, hoarding on the other, and no word to designate whatever is right in between? Moderate/clever shopping habits? There is a whole scale between extreme minimalist and extreme hoarder.

So I am going to stand up for Christine for a moment here because when it comes to makeup, I was also a hoarder. Not to the same extend as her though, but enough that I would have a mountain of stuff just sitting there because I couldn't physically use everything in a reasonable time frame.

And all I want is just a reasonable amount of stuff. Stuff that I sincerely love (no the kind that "YouTube make me buy" you know), and I'm ok with a bit of variety in my collection. I just want to be able to use it all. And I think Christine' state of mind is a bit like this also, I don't think she ever qualified herself as an extreme minimalist (up until now?).

On top of that, her tastes changed a lot, and in her case, I think it also triggered her declutter period.

There is nothing wrong with a little splurging. And yes, she did splurge in the past couple of years, but honestly, I think it ok to buy stuff.
It is ok if your hobbies/interests in life change, it's ok to collect a little, and it's ok to renew your wardrobe. As long as it is reasonable, once again. And Christine doesn't strike me as having tons and tons of stuff.
She has a large collection of succulents for instance, but I don't think we are anywhere close to what she was with her 2010/2011 makeup collection.
THAT was borderline extreme. And makeup is an expensive "hobbie" ... I mean, 120 lipstick and 100 nail polishes, just do the math.

What I don't like with her though, is that she is invasive with her hobbies/interests. When they moved in that small cottage, somebody said that it looked like a single woman house. Thing about her previous room and bathroom and that was the same. She was just invading the space with her stuff and tastes.
Michael doesn't seem to be the type of guy to say anything or to protest... but that doesn't mean that he doesn't need his own space in the house.

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CountessOfPerth »

Her desk declutter video...
"I have an extra pair of headphones in here...I don't need 2 [pairs] in my desk." Damn. It's a pair of headphones.
I feel like she is just so excessive. Her desk, including the drawer, looked pretty damn minimal to me as it was.

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

CountessOfPerth wrote:Her desk declutter video...
"I have an extra pair of headphones in here...I don't need 2 [pairs] in my desk." Damn. It's a pair of headphones.
I feel like she is just so excessive. Her desk, including the drawer, looked pretty damn minimal to me as it was.
Seemed excessive to me too. I get why a big clutter of makeup products, that also expire, would stress you out, but some binder clips? I can only guess she's just juicing the decluttering thing more since there's not much else for her to talk about for videos.

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pluto »

My desk is near my front door, so I use it as a jump off point to hold my essentials. Sunglasses, a million lip products , pens, paper, hand lotions, you name it. So to even conceive of a desk having to be 'minimalist' kind of creeps me out. I know she is still selling her jewelry on Etsy, where in the world is she keeping her office supplies? Does she not pack and ship out her pieces, or how does that work.

She is moving in the fall, so are all her videos going to be of her packing her stuff away and calling it minimalist? It sort of sounds like that's her direction. Now that her side kick has a FT job she is probably going stir crazy.

I'm telling you if she's is thinking about getting into yoga this is the time to throw yourself into as many classes as you can find. It will give her purpose and satisfaction to her day. Making a video of removing a stapler from your desk is SNL worthy comedy.

Takasan
Learner
Learner

Post by Takasan »

That desk declutter was extreme. There is almost nothing left but her computer.
Is she going extreme in the minimalist thing? Like addicted to getting rid of stuff?

Post by Guest »

nina84 wrote:
CountessOfPerth wrote:Her desk declutter video...
Seemed excessive to me too. I get why a big clutter of makeup products, that also expire, would stress you out, but some binder clips? I can only guess she's just juicing the decluttering thing more since there's not much else for her to talk about for videos.
You'd think that she would have known that she didn't need binder clips or a stapler at the time that she bought them?! :?

Post by Guest »

Takasan wrote:That desk declutter was extreme. There is almost nothing left but her computer.
Is she going extreme in the minimalist thing? Like addicted to getting rid of stuff?
Never-ending cycle w/ Christine... Excitement from buying, followed by excitement from tossing.... :|

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

If Christine wants to go minimalist, then you go girl. But how the hell is she going to keep on growing her channel (which, btw, is at a very impressive 612,000 subscrbers!)

Speaking of that...how much do you think Christine makes from her channel a year?

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

Another question. Was Christine really the first youtuber to start the whole 'declutter' phenomenon? I get this impression she was...and she definitely did get me to re-evaluate my own lifestyle, so I give her credit for that. But someone on twitter was like "it all started with you, now everyone's decluttering" like I'm all about giving credit where credit is due so want to make sure this is actually true...?

Return to “Christine Kobzeff”