pinksofoxy/Christine Kobzeff - Part 4

an oak leaf
Lurker
Lurker

Re: pinksofoxy/Christine Kobzeff - Part 4

Post by an oak leaf »

Christine has uploaded a video entitled "30 DAY Minimalist Challenge | Downsizing | Minimalist Monday." This is a common decluttering challenge where you discard one item on the first day of the month, two items on the second day, and so on. She and Michael are each participating individually, for a total of 930 items out the door.

Supposedly, this will be the first in a series of videos, but we all know how well Christine tends to do with that.

In the video, Michael gets rid of some tools, home decor, a small barbecue, and random junk, including an inexplicable chunk of wooden garbage that is supposedly somehow a sculpture. It's the sort of stuff one would expect to turn up in a decluttering effort - rarely used or simply useless things that just clutter up the home.

Christine, on the other hand, seems to be focused on "decluttering" relatively high-value items that bring quick cash via online classifieds. The rattan outdoor furniture set was the only nice thing in their terrible unmaintained yard, but she claims they prefer to use cheap lounge chairs - out the door it goes. She sells a handful of houseplants. She lists crystals from her personal collection that are clearly a challenge for her to part with, but rapidly sell for hundreds of dollars via her webstore. Likewise, her "shop" has been recently stocked with a "NEW Nude Collection" of jewelry, comprising low-effort, high-margin earrings and necklaces. Finally, she promises a forthcoming "blog sale" for her used makeup.

Weirdly, they're selling all the rugs in the house, because Christine has a hunch that Michael might perhaps be allergic to dust mites. She also jettisons other pillows and soft furnishings. Without these items, their space seems increasingly sterile, un-homelike, and also somehow more cluttered.

Michael makes a brief appearance about two minutes in. He appears gaunt, disheveled, and older than his years. Whatever his problem, it's certainly not "dust mites."

It's odd how content intended to showcase a practice of self-agency and non-attachment instead reveals an infinite black hole of reactive neediness at the center of a remarkably dysfunctional household. The entire video is extremely uncomfortable to watch.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

Typical behavior for her. Take an idea and then go balls to the wall with it.

Kelliec
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kelliec »

Selling items of value for cash yet saying its for her nee minimalist idea- sounds like she needs money fast. Michael looks like death warmed over. Both are just two mentally challenged individuals in need of a good therapist.

Kelliec
Debater
Debater

Post by Kelliec »

Space art, Maui Jim sunglasses, nice crystals, microphone, watches, wood crystal holder, saw blades, her beloved cholla cactus pieces, her volcanic giraffe sculpture- what's up with crazy Christine? Is she so hard up for money? Or are they moving again? Sounds very strange not minimalist to purge all you own unless you are moving, divorcing or struggling with money issues.

Post by Guest »

Kelliec wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:01 am
Space art, Maui Jim sunglasses, nice crystals, microphone, watches, wood crystal holder, saw blades, her beloved cholla cactus pieces, her volcanic giraffe sculpture- what's up with crazy Christine? Is she so hard up for money? Or are they moving again? Sounds very strange not minimalist to purge all you own unless you are moving, divorcing or struggling with money issues.
Maybe all the above. Her head has never been screwed on straight and undiagnosed mental health illness only get worse as you age. I have the feeling she threatens Michael with divorce every so often. And when it’s not divorce, she fixates on moving to another area or house. There always seems to be a struggle with money. She’s constantly selling off things. She’s up and down, up and down.

I can’t believe she has only enough cutlery for 2 people, and who leaves their dishwasher broken? Even if they don’t use it, ask the landlord to fix it. She’s a nut. She can hide behind her minimalism all she wants but she’s still a hoarding nut case.

I haven’t watched her channel in ages, but I tuned in once a few months ago and was horrified to see Michael looking the way he did. Has he improved or gotten worse? They both need help.

I think deep down she suspects she might have inherited mental illness from her mother and that’s why they didn’t have children.

youtubersuck
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubersuck »

she's stuck in this circle of buying and then getting rid of things. the fact that she changes opinions about what she likes and easily gets tired of things also doesn't help. But then again it's really impressive how she's selling so many things (and fast) so she's getting her money back! I think she has huge issues with anxiety and this is her way of copying with it : shopping, decluttering, obsessing over healthy food, changing decor all the time. Also I remember they wanted to get a pet but it's been a long time since they moved and they still don't have any. I wonder what happened with that. Maybe cleaning is already hard due to stress and if there were pet hair involved and pet beds etc it would drive her crazy . who knows. I really like her decluttering videos though. They are my favorite of hers. I think it's funny how they give the impression of living minimal but then when they declutter I realize how many things they actually have , Michael even hoards rocks lol. I can't imagine how their place would look if she wasn't decluttering so often. :roll:

Kelliec
Debater
Debater

Post by Kelliec »

She obsessively buys and then purges the clutter. It's like bulimia but with stuff. She's no minimalist- the point is not buying to begin with no matter how much you sell it for later. Michael looks terrible (health? drugs?) and she's definitely on the road to mental issues like her mother. I believe they have money issues - she's gotten few buyers on her overpriced crystals and junky tacky jewelry and her channel doesn't get the viewers as she did in Maui. I still thin she's either moving or traveling- or trying to stay afloat with little money.

Post by Guest »

Ruh-roh, I just looked at her last 2 videos and some of the things she’s selling are PR gifts, which is unethical and will get her taken off company PR lists if they find out. Shady, girl, sha-dy.

Edited to add: looks like she disclosed that a couple items were PR that she’s giving away, but not all of it. She’s definitely selling some.

Kelliec
Debater
Debater

Post by Kelliec »

She's sold PR items before - as well as stuff given to her by her Vlogger fans. Real nice to sell gifts - she's hopeless as well as ignorant.

Post by Guest »

Kelliec wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:56 am
She's sold PR items before - as well as stuff given to her by her Vlogger fans. Real nice to sell gifts - she's hopeless as well as ignorant.
And desperate.

Who sells their USED makeup? And who is dumb enough to buy it? Especially w/covid19 happening...

That ABH highlighter was used many times! And I’m sure Norvina has her on her PR list (ABH cosmetics). She pretty much puts anyone who has more than 50k subscribers on her PR list.

I’ve given away brand new unused/unopened brow pencils, eyelashes, lipsticks, and liquid eyeliners to friends and coworkers. Also, some barely used brushes, pallets, translucent powders, and foundations to a couple of my best friends. And let me tell you, I wouldn’t think of selling them. They have been sitting in my drawer for months, and in some cases, a couple years. Anyone selling off their stash is desperate and greedy. And trashy. She has no problem spending money on herself, but when it comes to Michael or others, forget it!

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

....any thread name suggestions as we crawl very slowly to part 5 ? :rofl:
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

auntiflo13 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:04 am
....any thread name suggestions as we crawl very slowly to part 5 ? :rofl:

Something like, beigesofrumpy / minimalist hoarder.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Return to “Christine Kobzeff”