pinksofoxy- Christine

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pinksofoxy- Christine

Post by makeupnewbie »

First of all, I laughed when I watched Christine's latest video where she described that her makeup room wasn't 'just for her makeup' but also for her DIYs and jewelry work room. Girl clearly reads GG!

Secondly, I don't agree with people who are saying that Christine is continuing to hoard. I kept track of how much she purchased during her travels and it really wasn't that much more than her Makeout 2013 limit (we're talking a few more items over her ten, and she gave some to friends). In the meantime she has gotten rid of about 3/4 of her collection from when she started to declutter. A few extra items she added does not equal the at least 500 items she has gotten rid of since her decluttering began. I think everyone's being a little harsh here . And this is coming from someone who was blocked by Christine this last summer.

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pluto »

She can take all her makeup and throw that expired crap in the trash for all I care. She wants to stand on a mountain and proclaim how devoted she is to de-cluttering. I can't stand people who use her as inspiration, get a life. If you don't know how to throw something in the trash that you never use you have problems. If you think buying every nail polish or eye shadow that a line has ever made is normal then you also have problems. Her minions must be half dead preteens who have never drove themselves to the store to actually purchase any of this crap.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

Pluto wrote:She can take all her makeup and throw that expired crap in the trash for all I care. She wants to stand on a mountain and proclaim how devoted she is to de-cluttering. I can't stand people who use her as inspiration, get a life. If you don't know how to throw something in the trash that you never use you have problems. If you think buying every nail polish or eye shadow that a line has ever made is normal then you also have problems. Her minions must be half dead preteens who have never drove themselves to the store to actually purchase any of this crap.
ITA. I don't get why she's placed on such a pedestal for throwing shit out. Do people really have such a problem getting rid of stuff that they're so amazed by her? I don't know...maybe it's just me...but throwing things out and purging are not new concepts in my life. And this is coming from someone who LOVES shopping and makeup etc.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

MakeupLover wrote:
Pluto wrote:She can take all her makeup and throw that expired crap in the trash for all I care. She wants to stand on a mountain and proclaim how devoted she is to de-cluttering. I can't stand people who use her as inspiration, get a life. If you don't know how to throw something in the trash that you never use you have problems. If you think buying every nail polish or eye shadow that a line has ever made is normal then you also have problems. Her minions must be half dead preteens who have never drove themselves to the store to actually purchase any of this crap.
ITA. I don't get why she's placed on such a pedestal for throwing shit out. Do people really have such a problem getting rid of stuff that they're so amazed by her? I don't know...maybe it's just me...but throwing things out and purging are not new concepts in my life. And this is coming from someone who LOVES shopping and makeup etc.
Completely agree!! I find it very liberating to throw unused crap away. A truckload of makeup that I am not using and never will use, causes me anxiety. There is just no point in keeping it. And yes, anyone who thinks they have to buy every single nail polish in a collection has got mental health issues. Christine has no children and very little family. She is using makeup and nail polish to fill a void in her life. Plain and simple....
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

Nadezhda
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nadezhda »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
Completely agree!! I find it very liberating to throw unused crap away. A truckload of makeup that I am not using and never will use, causes me anxiety. There is just no point in keeping it. And yes, anyone who thinks they have to buy every single nail polish in a collection has got mental health issues. Christine has no children and very little family. She is using makeup and nail polish to fill a void in her life. Plain and simple....
K, well you really can't say that. The only one who could say that is Christine. You have no idea what she thinks or feels. Do not project your values onto other people. I have little family and no children. Do I feel as if there is a "void" in my life? No, and anyone who automatically assumes that must not understand that different people like different things, plain and simple. Just because you value something, it doesn't mean every single one of the 7 billion other people do. That's not how things work.

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pluto »

Ummm well everyone alive is bound to have a void in their life at some point. I'm married with no children and not planning on having any so there is a void of children I'm not raising. My choice, my life and if I'd rather have a sick *ss perfume collection and a pristine child-free home to live in that's my choice as well. I know Christine is filling the void of not raising a family with things, and not one thing but multiples of things. Have you seen her recent hat collection (4) of the same hats, her tea collection, her shampoo collection. She has about 20 bottles of the same shampoo. Christine has a nurturing personality and seems like a caring person, but her family history of mental illness is something I'm sure she doesn't want to pass on. It's sad, but life goes and she is dealing with it in her own way as we all do.

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

Pluto wrote:Ummm well everyone alive is bound to have a void in their life at some point. I'm married with no children and not planning on having any so there is a void of children I'm not raising. My choice, my life and if I'd rather have a sick *ss perfume collection and a pristine child-free home to live in that's my choice as well. I know Christine is filling the void of not raising a family with things, and not one thing but multiples of things. Have you seen her recent hat collection (4) of the same hats, her tea collection, her shampoo collection. She has about 20 bottles of the same shampoo. Christine has a nurturing personality and seems like a caring person, but her family history of mental illness is something I'm sure she doesn't want to pass on. It's sad, but life goes and she is dealing with it in her own way as we all do.
I'm sorry, but this is pretty dumb. You're making a lot of assumptions and by your logic, people who have kids have NO void to fill. That's bullshit. I've met many a hoarder/unhappy person in my life who had several kids and a ton of family. I think Christine just got trapped in a cycle of consumption, which is easy to do in a culture where advertising is constantly making you feel like you need to have more. SImple as that. Do I think she's 'inspirational' for tossing out a crapload of makeup she should have never bought in the first place? Ummm...no. Gandhi's inspirational. But I simply enjoy watching her decorate her house and downsizing and being honest with how she needed to re-evaluate how she was spending things. It's not inspirational perhaps, but it is a tad refreshing.

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pluto »

You're missing my point makeupnewbie, but finding Christine's videos a tad refreshing I wouldn't imagine us to share the same point of view. I said that everyone of us is bound to have a void in their life at some point. If you have kids I'm not suggesting that your life is complete and you're in total bliss your whole life thru. I still think that Christine has a ton of free time and a bad habit of buying multiples of things to fill a void. People do this when they don't want to confront deeper issues in their life, and I think she's in a stage of searching for something or maybe running away from something. You just don't go out and spend all the time and money hoarding just for the heck of it or because you can.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

Pluto wrote:You're missing my point makeupnewbie, but finding Christine's videos a tad refreshing I wouldn't imagine us to share the same point of view. I said that everyone of us is bound to have a void in their life at some point. If you have kids I'm not suggesting that your life is complete and you're in total bliss your whole life thru. I still think that Christine has a ton of free time and a bad habit of buying multiples of things to fill a void. People do this when they don't want to confront deeper issues in their life, and I think she's in a stage of searching for something or maybe running away from something. You just don't go out and spend all the time and money hoarding just for the heck of it or because you can.
I agree with this. Christine is in her 30's and I think she is trying to figure out who she is and where she wants to go with her life. She and Michael have already made the decision not to have any kids, which is probably good being that they lead a very nomadic life. They never stay in one place long, they love to take off on long trips at a moment's notice, and it seems they genuinely like their freedom. But as people around her that are her age are having families and settling down, she probably has a sense of being out of place at this point in her life. I'm having a hard time explaining what I'm trying to say. But I do feel that all the makeup and nail polish is her "baby" and taking care of it and carefully arranging it gives her a sense of fulfillment.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

Gurucide
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurucide »

She threw out her makeup? Like, all the stuff she was supposed use up this year from her "contracted - no buy" video? This is exactly why these types of videos do not work. One thing, they are not honest. They say they use something up. But, they never update us on how its going and just assume that "we" know she used it up, so she can toss it. Don't make false promises to your public. If you can't follow through with something, don't start it. You will only be the fool and hypocrite in the end. This is EXACTLY why I have lost my respect for Christine. I will never look at her the same. Her need to get rid of the "crap" in her life and to minimize, is honorable. But, if you're going on a 9-12 month vacation and not wearing makeup the whole time. Then, don't make a fucking video stating you won't buy anything, and then complain that your shit is going bad because its expired and she didn't use it. That is not an excuse. I don't buy that. Don't lie to me saying you're going to do something, and then don't do it. If it wasn't for the vacation(s), she could've actually used up a lot this year. She could've done a lot of great tutorials and updates on her "no buy" progress. The whole thing was just a big flop of a fail. There is no sympathy here.

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
Pluto wrote:You're missing my point makeupnewbie, but finding Christine's videos a tad refreshing I wouldn't imagine us to share the same point of view. I said that everyone of us is bound to have a void in their life at some point. If you have kids I'm not suggesting that your life is complete and you're in total bliss your whole life thru. I still think that Christine has a ton of free time and a bad habit of buying multiples of things to fill a void. People do this when they don't want to confront deeper issues in their life, and I think she's in a stage of searching for something or maybe running away from something. You just don't go out and spend all the time and money hoarding just for the heck of it or because you can.
I agree with this. Christine is in her 30's and I think she is trying to figure out who she is and where she wants to go with her life. She and Michael have already made the decision not to have any kids, which is probably good being that they lead a very nomadic life. They never stay in one place long, they love to take off on long trips at a moment's notice, and it seems they genuinely like their freedom. But as people around her that are her age are having families and settling down, she probably has a sense of being out of place at this point in her life. I'm having a hard time explaining what I'm trying to say. But I do feel that all the makeup and nail polish is her "baby" and taking care of it and carefully arranging it gives her a sense of fulfillment.
But I think you still don't understand that there is no one time for people to get everything worked out in their lives. Um hello...mid life crisis anyone? I have friends with kids who make big life changes years after they seem 'settled' (divorce, job change, etc). Life is a journey, not a destination, and to climb a mountain, you zig zag.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

Oh, I completely understand what you are saying. A few years ago I got divorced after 17 years of marriage. My home was sold, I had to start renting again, my kids were teens and I had to deal with the changes it was all making to their lives. But as someone said earlier, Christine is a nurturer. She needs someone or something to take care of and shower with attention. I think her makeup and nail polish is the object of that attention. I feel as though Christine has not really found herself yet. All the traveling over the summer was a vehicle to help her do that. But she is not quite there yet. That is why her videos have been sort of all over the place the past few months. She is not even focused when it comes to where she wants her YT channel to go.

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pluto »

I think most of us go thru a mid-life crisis of sorts every decade or so. All that means to me is something isn't working anymore for yourself and you set yourself on a path to change it. All I'm saying about Christine and babies is she's in the prime years for having children and she's settled in a long-term relationship and her hormones are probably racing wanting to make babies. I know she doesn't want them isn't going to have them, but she's got a few more years of fighting off that need to breed her body is signaling her. I liked her last video with how she displays her scarves, I thought it was cute.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

I don't think Christine is filling any voids. She is pretty content with her life. Michael and she have a happy marriage. They never seem to have an argument. They live in freaking Hawaii and can afford to take very long vacations to other continents. That's an awesome life, if you ask me. She just really loves to buy a lot of make up. In her heart, she knows she cannot use it all in her lifetime. But as a beauty guru, she probably feels the need to hoard tons of make up and have a 'collection'.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

catcherintherye wrote:I don't think Christine is filling any voids. She is pretty content with her life. Michael and she have a happy marriage. They never seem to have an argument. They live in freaking Hawaii and can afford to take very long vacations to other continents. That's an awesome life, if you ask me. She just really loves to buy a lot of make up. In her heart, she knows she cannot use it all in her lifetime. But as a beauty guru, she probably feels the need to hoard tons of make up and have a 'collection'.
Part of me really thinks Christine wants to downsize the makeup collection and stop buying so much. But what would she do for video content? She doesn't have enough skill to do all tutorials, she isn't qualified to give medical and health advice. Where is her channel supposed to go? What can she do besides haul and review?

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
catcherintherye wrote:I don't think Christine is filling any voids. She is pretty content with her life. Michael and she have a happy marriage. They never seem to have an argument. They live in freaking Hawaii and can afford to take very long vacations to other continents. That's an awesome life, if you ask me. She just really loves to buy a lot of make up. In her heart, she knows she cannot use it all in her lifetime. But as a beauty guru, she probably feels the need to hoard tons of make up and have a 'collection'.
Part of me really thinks Christine wants to downsize the makeup collection and stop buying so much. But what would she do for video content? She doesn't have enough skill to do all tutorials, she isn't qualified to give medical and health advice. Where is her channel supposed to go? What can she do besides haul and review?
I was actually wondering the same exact thing...

ImYourGrandma
Talker
Talker

Post by ImYourGrandma »

She could make a series of long boring obvious videos while wearing brown makeup about how to be astonishingly boring ... a really long series. Multi parts.

Shneck Ache
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Shneck Ache »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
Jewelry tutorials? I really enjoyed their travel videos, I think they'll be super helpful for people who are planning similar trips. But the view numbers on those videos are mere fractions of what her hauls and stuff would get, so she's probably in a bind. Kind of explains why all these gurus keep buying and buying and buying and buying.
I'm the poster formerly known as BigFatRoses

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

^ Have you watched her jewelry tutorials? They are LAME. I cringed watching her make jewelry with those loooong nails. There are a ton of tutorials on YouTube about making jewelry. Hers pale in comparison. Her jewelry is boring. Just like her. Most of it is swarowski crystals on wire. Nothing extraordinary. I think she avoids jewelry tutorials because there's a conflict of interest. She would open herself to questions like... If it is SO easy to make those earrings, why do you charge $40 for them... Or where do you buy your supplies from (christine doesn't want to admit that he supplies come from China... She mentioned in one of her videos that she used to design jewelry and send it to India to have stones set in it... I doubt if it's true.. all the back and forth shipping would be expensive... And cheap shipping would be superslow)

retiredviewer
Talker
Talker

Post by retiredviewer »

bsteph wrote: One of the things I really liked about the original declutter series though, is that she donated all of those items to women's shelters. .
The things she donated were products and samples that were never used. Shelters will not accept opened cosmetic items.

Return to “Christine Kobzeff”