pinksofoxy- Christine Part 3

Re: pinksofoxy- Christine Part 3

Post by Guest »

CountessOfPerth wrote:Double posting here. Her acne video rubbed me the wrong way, mostly because she's NOT A DERMATOLOGIST OR A DIETICIAN and should not be soliciting advice like this.
For me personally, I have cystic acne, but that only began when I started taking Lithium. This medication is known to cause fairly severe acne and nothing helps unless omitting the medication. So her advice is not relevant to everyone.
I agree. It's disturbing, unsafe, and irresponsible of YT self-proclaimed health/diet/fitness 'gurus' to be handing down advice to their viewers. Youtube should really be cracking down on this practice, but sadly that will never happen.

auntiflo13
Has thanked: 0

Post by auntiflo13 »

I might be wrong but, I think christine is hoarding cruelty free make up now. She has shown many other brands before in videos but, there were some new brands added in to the new make up video last week. When they move to the mainland she will have access to more stores and carry on buying more cruelty free brands/vegan brands.

Another thing I noted...that poor rooster. I got the feeling that the rooster was attracted to the hens that christine and michael were constantly feeding ... and now it's upset the neighbourhood. They quickly dumped the rooster in the forest to try and keep it away from their home before it was shot !

Are christine and michael still buying plants even though they are moving to the mainland? Have they stated when they are moving ? I had a feeling that something was going on a few years ago with this minimalistic lifestyle and carefully watching every penny they spent. I wondered if they were going to move to Australia but, you need one of many recognised professions before you can live there...i know christine said she'd love to move there and I assumed (wrongly) that that's what they were planning. I didn't think they would move back to mainland USA as they were always complaining about it.

I wonder if the minimalism/healthy lifestyle/vegan makeup/succulent/orchid/crystals and stones fads will carry on when they move. It's interesting to watch.

I made an enquiry once on Christine's ETSY about a necklace I wanted to buy but, I never had a reply back. It was one of the circle crystals on a chain. I went on ebay and discovered you could buy a huge amount of these crystals for a couple of English pounds. Christine and Michael seemed to have bought lots of fine chains and threaded a crystal on - then advertised them at the swap meet as 'hand made jewellery from hawaii' (putting a crystal on a chain and charging $30 USD for them ??? NO WAY ! I could make 200 of them for that price !). I know people have to make money to live but, I thought it was very underhanded and I stopped watching their vlogs until recently x
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Traveler
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Traveler »

She got 2 more succulents! :rofl:
Benji Travis is a mooching wanderlust husband

jumpinglikeafrog
Learner
Learner

Post by jumpinglikeafrog »

She's so preachy now about the vegan lifestyle. We get it Christine, you're vegan now. She turned into one of those vegans that wont STFU about it. I really don't watching her videos anymore, but they still appear on my YT feed. All the titles I see is "vegan this, vegan that". Enough already.

fuzzypickles
Talker
Talker

Post by fuzzypickles »

omg she literally has a succulent farm

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pluto »

I seriously won't ever watch her again if she keeps going on about Veganism. It's disgusting to hear the words "puss filled milk udders." That's so gross and isn't Michael still a vegetarian, does she refer to his meals as "puss filled." I swear she's acting like all those teenaged girls who latched onto Freelee's message and spew it out like it's their own. I don't even want to watch her go on her Yoga journey. I've been practicing before it was a fad and if she starts to give out her amateur tips on this subject… I AM Done with the Christine show!

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

auntiflo13 wrote:Christine and Michael seemed to have bought lots of fine chains and threaded a crystal on

the jewelry line is a joke. when she gets on the main land she will need to up her game and take a few jewelry classes. there are too many actual jewelry makers/ metal workers at the festivals she is planning to attend.
jumpinglikeafrog wrote:She's so preachy now about the vegan lifestyle. We get it Christine, you're vegan now. She turned into one of those vegans that wont STFU about it.
Pluto wrote:I swear she's acting like all those teenaged girls who latched onto Freelee's message and spew it out like it's their own.
she is really milking the vegan angle. it is great that she is, but the way she is going on about it. she is really trying to make it define her (besides trying to tap into that audience on youtube). i wasn't expecting so many videos from her in such a short period of time.
Pluto wrote:I don't even want to watch her go on her Yoga journey.
i'm looking forward to her yoga journey. i too started my practice ages ago, and ended up teaching. i love it when people come to the practice...but i'm always watching for people who give bad advice since i come from a pretty strong anatomy background....and don't even get me started on the yogi's of Instagram.

Jaques
Learner
Learner

Post by Jaques »

Jesus, did she really just say she doesn't know how to feel about Papayas because they are GMO? Really? Does she even know what GMO means? It's really not very scary at all, in fact it's pretty great. Don't tell me she's going to become an anti-vaxxer next, because they contain "chemicals." :roll:

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Found this on a UK Dairy Farmer's blog : "One of the biggest misconceptions I read about milk online today is that milk has pus in it. It’s a common myth that is nearly always pushed by people who want you to stop drinking milk. It’s used to scare people, and play on their emotional fears to get them to stop drinking milk. It plants a very disturbing picture into your mind. After all, who wants to drink milk if it has pus in it! The key to curing mastitis is advanced detection. So every time the cow is milked, each quarter of the cows udder is checked by hand before the machine is attached.

When detected, these cows are separated from the main herd and sent to the “hospital” pen so they can get the help they need. Their milk is not sold, and does not leave the dairy. The cow is milked in the hospital pen, where she can be cared for, and be separate from the rest of the herd until she is better. No mastitic milk ever leaves the dairy"

I've also spotted something else watching Christine's videos. She did a huge decluttering a few years ago. Then she reduced her make up stash to a minimum. Then she got rid of that make up to swap it for cruelty free. She did a cruelty free make up inventory in December 2015 BUT, I've watched a couple of videos since this inventory and she's getting more and more cruelty/vegan make up. I've counted approximately 20 new products that weren't in the inventory AND she mentioned when she went to Arizona for a break, she stopped in one of the drugstores and found a huge range of Pacifica. I'm predicting that when they move back to the mainland, she's going to go drugstore crazy for more make up..... and succulents , crystals and whatever else she "needs" to hoard (I remember her shopping vlogs where she used to go into cos bar and say "ooh I might NEED that " when she saw chanel glosses or bobbi brown eyeshadows. There's a huge difference between want and need).

I too am getting a little fed up with the vegan vlogs as it's becoming tedious. I can't wait for them to move back to the mainland - the vlogs might perk up a bit ! x
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

lizaevie90
Learner
Learner

Post by lizaevie90 »

She's been talking so fast and urgently lately like she's narrating a breaking news story, I guess she's keen to get us all into veganism.

While I do like make up collection videos I was surprised she's basically gotten rid of almost everything she had - even Urban Decay. Why? because they have a parent company that's not 'cruelty free'? Unless you're brewing up your make up yourself and keeping it in the fridge it likely contains ingredients that have been tested on animals in the past, the dimethicone, the methyl paraben, the preservatives... very little is truly CF.

That kind of annoys me about the beauty industry in general, the way companies promote themselves as CF but unless the have a FCOP they're continuing to benefit from the research of companies like Estee Lauder and L'Oreal while at the same time encouraging their customers to crap over said companies.

Takasan
Learner
Learner

Post by Takasan »

CountessOfPerth wrote:Double posting here. Her acne video rubbed me the wrong way, mostly because she's NOT A DERMATOLOGIST OR A DIETICIAN and should not be soliciting advice like this. <br abp="466">
Exactly.
Everyone knows that there are multiple causes for acne. And she should start her video by stating it! All it takes is just a little research.
Causes for acne can be:
- hormonal (I think the most common cause)
- medications
- skincare/makeup/cosmetics
- food indeed
- stress
- genetics, or a particular skin condition
- sun can also make acne worse, as skin thickens when it tans

You cure acne when you know the cause! If a DOCTOR tells you it is food, then you'll get a special diet. And if it is skin condition, or a hormonal thing, this is a special treatment you should get. That's all.
jumpinglikeafrog wrote:She's so preachy now about the vegan lifestyle. We get it Christine, you're vegan now. She turned into one of those vegans that wont STFU about it. I really don't watching her videos anymore, but they still appear on my YT feed. All the titles I see is "vegan this, vegan that". Enough already.
THANK YOU for putting in simple sentences what i said in my long rent a few weeks ago.
I really can't stand preachy people. I can't stand people who think they are just morally/ethically superior. I call it "salon activism". People who sincerely think they are changing the world from their first class cosy homes, without actually working for a better world.

I checked out her last video which was a "vegan grocery haul"
Seriously?
You know guys, I shop for my fruits and vegetables at an "all natural" fruits and vegetables store. So you would see me coming home with just bags of veggies regularly. Since I'm not a vegan or vegetarian and have no intention of ever becoming one, would it still be a "vegan haul"?

jumpinglikeafrog
Learner
Learner

Post by jumpinglikeafrog »

Jaques wrote:Jesus, did she really just say she doesn't know how to feel about Papayas because they are GMO? Really? Does she even know what GMO means? :
Completely out off topic, but your comment reminded me of this movie

Grandpa
Learner
Learner

Post by Grandpa »

I don't like Christine because she's a fake but I know that you need to research GMO's. They are so bad that they are banned in most of Europe.
Seriously educate yourself about this topic. on a friendly note of course. I mean well.
Can you guys imagine Michael actually talking to other people and having fun without Christine, the bossy bitch? I hope he laughs and has a good time.
Yeah they are liars about their business that's for sure. Like I said in my other post, just check out Alieexpress and other wholesalers. You'll see that what they pawn off as their jewellery is all made in Asia and is so cheap you'll be shocked. She knows how to cheat people out of their money that's for sure.
I can't believe this but I actually couldn't watch her videos the last few times. I just don't like her anymore. Just like Lisalisad1. I use to like these two and was a huge fan but they've changed so much that it makes me want to puke. Fakes.
Christine will do anything for money because she's uneducated and says so herself. It's ok ...just don't be fake.
Her veganism is now vomit inducing. Too much. Too obsessive about something that should be healthy. The thing is it's so boring on video you know.
did you guys see how she was trying to tell every one to watch that yoga teachers videos? Someone sent me the clip of that because I refuse to watch her and that yoga teacher is so creeeeeepy it's insane. Christine is trying so hard to be something she can sell to us because she ran out of ideas and there's not much to her little brain, just how to fake herself into people's lives to rip them off. I wish other people knew so they would save their money for something nice and real.
What is she going to do next? I think she watches other yoga videos and other blogs and wants to be just like the other girls. You can tell she copies them 100 %.
But you know she needs to reinvent herself so she can rip people off with yet another scheme. I'm also sick of seeing that gross water bottle she tries and promotes because she's paid for it. At least she was doing that a few videos back.
Her subscribers think she's so amazing but she sees things on pinterest and other blogs and channels and just compies them. It's quite humorous to see her copy someone I follow. Nothing genuine in that bitch. That's why I watch other channels now. I'd rather them get my views and get paid for it than her.

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pluto »

@ Grandpa I agree 100% with what you are saying, and I'm annoyed at myself for letting myself get suckered into her again. She just posted a Q&A were she lays out some info. that I didn't know about. She spoke of her mom being mentally ill, the death of their guinnea pig and her leaving home while she was still a senior in HS. I thought I'd give her another chance, but the only reason I think she's starting to appear more honest is because people are leaving her channel due to the vegan pushing. No I don't think she let's Michael go out and enjoy himself. She's very possessive of him and everything they do. The only reason I think he went back to work was to put something on his resume before they return to the mainland. Living in Hawaii you only assume they are living the beach bum lifestyle in their case it was fact.

two_shades2yellow
Learner
Learner

Post by two_shades2yellow »

what drives me crazy about her is the fact that she doesn't seem to think... someone asked her about getting nutrients, and her response was fruits and vegetables have everything you need.. animals eat vegan and they are fine... last i checked humans don't have the stomach of a cow... do people really have no reasoning skills?

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CountessOfPerth »

^ LOL. Right? Despite what preachy vegans think, humans are natural omnivores...meat is not the enemy. Too much meat is not good for you, but too much of anything is not good for you. Christine is the type of vegan I just can't stand--the vegan who is OBSESSED with being vegan.

Takasan
Learner
Learner

Post by Takasan »

two_shades2yellow wrote:what drives me crazy about her is the fact that she doesn't seem to think... someone asked her about getting nutrients, and her response was fruits and vegetables have everything you need.. animals eat vegan and they are fine... last i checked humans don't have the stomach of a cow... do people really have no reasoning skills?
Yeah sure.
When you think about it, it is well known that plants get their nutrients from the ground and water right?
Future diet phase for vegans who will refuse to kill and eat EVERY FORM of living beings: the rock-based vegan diet.

She is just uneducated when it comes to food.

It's call METABOLISM
Plants "create" their molecules and animals "create" their own! Where do she think our hemoglobin is coming from, I don't recall us drinking it directly from beefs??

I watched her "grocery haul" and at some point, she holds a red cabbage out saying that this is a gorgeous piece of food and has every vitamins/nutrients you need blabla...
It is a good example of ignorance because, there are indeed particular fruits/veggies that are packed full with a particular nutrient.
And sorry, but red cabbage is not one of them (Google is your friend).

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

I recently became vegan, so I actually love Christine's vegan videos especially the what I ate in a day ones. What really drew me back to her channel was those videos and her normal approach to veganism. She wasn't one of those who ate 20 bananas a day or snacked on 12 apples. Now I slowly see her turning into a crazy vegan lady and it is no doubt in part to watching Freelee and that Banana Blondie chick and that nut who also lives in HI who she linked in her last video. All those women do is use the f word and talk about chicken periods. I've personally always thought that Christine has eating issues and in my opinion she using being vegan as a way to heavily restrict. Every time she makes a new video, she has eliminated another food. I don't now how Michael keeps up. I also predict that she is going to get certified as a yoga instructor sometime in the near future and become all obsessed with that next.

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CountessOfPerth »

aLoveTart is now going "cruelty free" with her makeup. I didn't listen to her spiel, but I like her, and I don't see how it makes sense to just declutter non-cruelty free makeup items from your collection. You already bought it and supported it. You might as well use it up. This craze...

Post by Guest »

I wonder what Christine does if she encounters a centipede or a comparable insect in her home. In true "cruelty free" fashion, does she cuddle/pet the poor little 'baby', gently relocating the little sweetie? :?

Return to “Christine Kobzeff”