Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

curlytot
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

Post by curlytot »

Lol idgaf about what rings the Royals have. Everyone who has said they don't like the ring has basically said the same - we don't think it's what Niomi would've liked or won't suit her style. Nothing to do with our own personal tastes. Personally, my fiancé took me to look at rings in advance of proposing so that he knew for definite what I would like. I preferred that to being given an ugly ring I've got to wear forever that someone else chose for me. Jewellery is very personal I find. Obviously she isn't going to act like she doesn't like it, but you could tell even with those burgundy nails she had it clashed weirdly. It's just too big for the brightness of the colour and will dominate every outfit she wears. I won't be surprised if it's quietly shunted aside in the future for something more understated.

Ellie2008
Talker
Talker

Post by Ellie2008 »

curlytot wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:18 am
Lol idgaf about what rings the Royals have. Everyone who has said they don't like the ring has basically said the same - we don't think it's what Niomi would've liked or won't suit her style. Nothing to do with our own personal tastes. Personally, my fiancé took me to look at rings in advance of proposing so that he knew for definite what I would like. I preferred that to being given an ugly ring I've got to wear forever that someone else chose for me. Jewellery is very personal I find. Obviously she isn't going to act like she doesn't like it, but you could tell even with those burgundy nails she had it clashed weirdly. It's just too big for the brightness of the colour and will dominate every outfit she wears. I won't be surprised if it's quietly shunted aside in the future for something more understated.
It’s just all wrong IMO. I don’t think it’s really her either, something more subtle would have suit her more. The birthstone thing reminded me of all that tacky birthstone stuff you can buy in shops for little girls that I loved as a child.
I picked my own ring. I’m sure there are women out there who feel it’s more romantic for the guy to choose, or aren’t massively fussy each to their own. If my OH is spending a significant sum on a ring for me to wear forever I want input.
I doubt Niomi loves that ring but I also don’t think she cares that much, she’s clearly head over heels about Joe, the ring is secondary.

bumble_bee212
Learner
Learner

Post by bumble_bee212 »

Her latest video: I'm sure she's a nice and sweet person but omg, the things she rambles on about, I was ready to kill myself after 5 minutes of listening to her talk while she was doing her hair. Zero personality, zero spark, zero anything. People like this made me an introvert, I swear :D

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

She said that is her last proper working day... so the rest of Facial-mas, those were working days??

I hate that phrase she keeps using, having someone round to "shoot content". Content is such a nothing word. She has a girl round to take instagram photos of her, or do flatlays of sponsored products. She has a different girl to edit her videos for her. More to be her management. What does Niomi even do?

And if your job is on the internet, why wouldn't you invest in better internet in your flat? She has to go out to a cafe to upload and has been doing that for at least a year, ridiculous.

Her and Joe are so happy which is cute but her vlogs since the engagement are just a gooey overload. She has one of the easiest most charmed lives I've seen.

ladeeda2
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ladeeda2 »

Is it just me or has Niomi become almost insufferably smug and flippant since her engagement? She's coming off unlikeable all of a sudden. I also don't get the appeal of Joe. Yes, he's nice looking but his dull personality completely cancels that out. He seems like a cardboard cut-out, really. I can't imagine trying to have a conversation with someone like that. He acts like a shy, scared little boy.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

LadyBugB wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:57 pm
I find it funny that a lot of people who the ring wasn't meant for have a lot of harsh things to say.
This ring wasn't designed for you either, please don't talk about it.

:rofl:

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

ladeeda2 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:26 am
Is it just me or has Niomi become almost insufferably smug and flippant since her engagement? She's coming off unlikeable all of a sudden. I also don't get the appeal of Joe. Yes, he's nice looking but his dull personality completely cancels that out. He seems like a cardboard cut-out, really. I can't imagine trying to have a conversation with someone like that. He acts like a shy, scared little boy.
Agree, she's getting a massive ego boost from this and she's getting way too smug. I immediately clicked out of today's vid when she held her hand up to the camera to show off the ring AGAIN. :roll:

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

ladeeda2 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:26 am
Everyone should hopefully feel happy like that when they get engaged. I watched the vlog but didn't feel like it was in the face smugness or anything like that, though it was very boring. As for Joe he's a dullard in that manner like Niomi is thus they are a perfect match. I hope she won't turn her channel into a wedding-all-day-everyday like Amelia did but it's probably not likely. She's probably already been hit up by people who want to sponsor her wedding despite not even having a date set yet.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

it's funny how quick everyone is accusing her of being smug and egotistical about her engagement. it literally happened like a week ago and she's in the midst of the holidays and seeing family/friends and celebrating that. anyone would be giddy like she is. should she just be blasé about the whole thing? also I think joe is just extremely camera shy rather than overtly dull. not that I think either of them have particularly fiery or unique personalities, but they have a charm to them, and they both seem apt at networking and socializing. you can see joe's demeanor turn every time the camera flips to him. I noticed it most recently when they were having breakfast with his brother fred- joe awkwardly looked at the cam and got quieter. he's also the youngest sibling and fred and his sister seem to be bigger personalities.

Ava2014
Informer
Informer

Post by Ava2014 »

mg95 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:13 pm
it's funny how quick everyone is accusing her of being smug and egotistical about her engagement. it literally happened like a week ago and she's in the midst of the holidays and seeing family/friends and celebrating that. anyone would be giddy like she is. should she just be blasé about the whole thing? also I think joe is just extremely camera shy rather than overtly dull. not that I think either of them have particularly fiery or unique personalities, but they have a charm to them, and they both seem apt at networking and socializing. you can see joe's demeanor turn every time the camera flips to him. I noticed it most recently when they were having breakfast with his brother fred- joe awkwardly looked at the cam and got quieter. he's also the youngest sibling and fred and his sister seem to be bigger personalities.
I totally get that she is so happy to be engaged, but she is still so boring. What did she actually do in december, go to facials, have meetings with friends and being late many times. Her life is so dull.

Baileys86
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Baileys86 »

So are they going to spend christmas seperated again?

ladeeda2
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ladeeda2 »

From watching her Vlogmas and seeing how little of a ripple her impending "move" to India has impacted her easy life of leisure, I'm guessing she has slightly mischaracterized this India thing. Joe probably signed on for a single season of cricket, and Niomi will be dragging him back to London for good by summertime. She will be there for a few months at most and coming back to London constantly, so certainly not this big, life-changing event. Otherwise, they would truly be scrambling and deep into their to-do list at this point. She's leaving Jan. 12 but has done nothing but do yoga, go out for meals, shop, get beauty treatments, etc. Anyone who was truly moving that far away to a foreign country indefinitely would be so unbelievably stressed and busy right now.

I do hope her time in India breaks her out of her privileged bubble a bit. I used to really like her and found her very refreshingly humble and down to earth. But lately, her life has seemed incredibly vacuous. Driving around in her expensive Land Rover, flaunting her new ring, constantly vacationing and enjoying fancy meals out, wearing expensive new designer clothes and bags and shoes for every outing, etc. Maybe I just find the whole influencer culture ridiculous at this point. She is in her 20s but has never worked a true job. She literally does nothing of substance ever.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

^ I used to watch her for her cooking which was kinda fun but over the years it became clear how unremarkable she is, and her looks and money can't improve on that because it has to come from within.

Ava2014
Informer
Informer

Post by Ava2014 »

It's only two weeks until her big move to India. Even if they are keeping their house is London, she has to bring lots of stuff with her to India because she is going to live there. I think she will fly back soon to London because she will feel overwhelmed.

anony888
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by anony888 »

le_mourin wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:06 pm
Their families aren’t upper class, though everyone on here thinks so. A retired football coach and small business / restaurant owners.
Exactly! Niomi's family are clearly from working-class roots. Her grandmother has the most false RP accent which even the aristocracy does not speak with. Niomi's mother had her at 17 - a teen mum - and her dad left when she was a baby; no offence, but it's clear her mother was raised within a working-class or, dare I say, 'chav' family which led to her becoming a pregnant teenager and not completing her education (bonus - Niomi's younger sister is called Daisy-May. Sorry, but that's one of the most tasteless names around). Niomi also calls her aunts 'aunties,' a marker of lower social standing. Her grandmother has clearly worked very hard since marrying Ian to re-mould the family through social climbing. I've also never heard of the name 'Terrina' before; I wouldn't be surprised if her grandmother's name was originally 'Teri,' and she tried to Latinise it.

I know all of these social markers because I was raised with what might be called by some as 'upper-middle class values' and we're very good at sussing out who's genuine and who's false.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

anony888 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:07 pm
le_mourin wrote:
Their families aren’t upper class, though everyone on here thinks so. A retired football coach and small business / restaurant owners.
Exactly! Niomi's family are clearly from working-class roots. Her grandmother has the most false RP accent which even the aristocracy does not speak with. Niomi's mother had her at 17 - a teen mum - and her dad left when she was a baby; no offence, but it's clear her mother was raised within a working-class or, dare I say, 'chav' family which led to her becoming a pregnant teenager and not completing her education (bonus - Niomi's younger sister is called Daisy-May. Sorry, but that's one of the most tasteless names around). Niomi also calls her aunts 'aunties,' a marker of lower social standing. Her grandmother has clearly worked very hard since marrying Ian to re-mould the family through social climbing. I've also never heard of the name 'Terrina' before; I wouldn't be surprised if her grandmother's name was originally 'Teri,' and she tried to Latinise it.

I know all of these social markers because I was raised with what might be called by some as 'upper-middle class values' and we're very good at sussing out who's genuine and who's false.
You're probably in the same type of family as the one from that movie, Ready or Not.

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

I just spotted Kim Woodburn's ring and had a bit of a chuckle.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

LOL
Replies in this thread is sending me.

Anyway, I noticed she hasn't promoted Sourced box in a while is it still in business? Though I haven't really been paying attention to Niomi like I used to so not sure if she discussed or provided an update on it.

lillie21
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lillie21 »

anony888 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:07 pm
le_mourin wrote:

That's the most snobbish load of nonsense. So judgemental to criticise Niomi's mum for having her at 17. And I've never heard of that distinction between aunt and auntie, ridiculous!

Are you jealous that Niomi's earnings are much higher than your trust fund allowance?

mickeydaniela
Learner
Learner

Post by mickeydaniela »

The shop in Brighton being "so us" and full of things "that we love."

"I love line drawings. We both do, don't we?"
*Unenthusiastic nod from Joe*

He really is smoking hot though.

Return to “Niomi Smart”