Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

mg95
Informer
Informer

Re: Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

Post by mg95 »

coffelatte wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:00 am
They didn't show any footage of the proposal and the rest of her trip was made with a musical background so you couldn't hear anything they said, which was nice. At the end they sat down and gave a small chat, I'm glad the proposal was not the main part of the video.

Joe designed the ring for her in India and esmeral is her birth stone, I guess it really shows we had no idea how Joe felt towards Niomi since she had no idea he was going to propose, they look really happy at the end so good for them. They didn't show anything about the family go together they had to celebrate and I hope they keep it that way
wow what a nice touch to design the ring in india! it really brings the journey into their relationship and gives the ring that much more meaning. I thought the ring looked Indian (speaking as someone of Indian heritage myself- the ring looks similar to my grandmother’s wedding ring from the 1940s!). No wonder that’s why it looks so “royal” as well, considering the origin of the royal jewels

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

Baileys86 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:59 am
mg95 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:34 am
I wonder if it’s a family heirloom or something she picked out. I must say I expected her to go the traditional diamond route. The ring is beautiful but it won’t go with many things (though it’s perfect she had on a green coat!) I also wonder how they’re going to plan a wedding amidst a move to India.

Also a pettier observation- alfie, tanya and a number of other influencers have liked and commented congratulations but zoe- she’s been online posting her daniel wellington ads.
Zoe's probably pissed that Alfie still didn't propose to her.

I really like that ring!
Maybe I'm getting little off topic here and I know it's not her thread, but Zoe is a big girl. If she wants to get married, she can just talk to Alfie about it. It's almost 2020 you guys. Do women really have to wait around in silence for their long term boyfriends to propose to them?

English is not my first language

blahblah123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by blahblah123 »

Maybe there’s no footage of the proposal because he truly caught her off guard and she couldn’t do her try-hard/forced posing. She probably couldn’t get the perfect shot of him hugging her with her butt sticking out.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

It's quite something seeing the progression of her journey from breaking up with Marcus to now being engaged to Joe (2016- present)

Seeing a close up of the ring it is gorgeous!

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

I must say, I'm intrigued to see her wedding content - I feel like his family connections will mean a frow-style advert-cum-nuptials will be seen as unbecoming, so I'm interested to see the choices they make to balance the opportunities offered and the day they want.

Post by Guest »

Next thread title should be 'Countdown to Inevitable Divorce in 5-7 years'

curlytot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by curlytot »

Niomi must feel so lucky marrying this guy when meanwhile her ex is prancing about dressed like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PinkBunni
Informer
Informer

Post by PinkBunni »

curlytot wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:17 am
Niomi must feel so lucky marrying this guy when meanwhile her ex is prancing about dressed like this
LOL! And to think that's not the worst outfit

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Looks like everyone's dreams on this board finally came true lol.

Ava2014
Informer
Informer

Post by Ava2014 »

They don't act like a couple that is going to emigrate to India. No stress, no packing, no lists absolutely nothing. I understand that they are very in love now because of the engagement, but what about packing?!! I think that Niomi is totally ignoring the fact that she is leaving her save life in London.

mrmilo
Debater
Debater

Post by mrmilo »

Ava2014 wrote:They don't act like a couple that is going to emigrate to India. No stress, no packing, no lists absolutely nothing. I understand that they are very in love now because of the engagement, but what about packing?!! I think that Niomi is totally ignoring the fact that she is leaving her save life in London.
But maybe they’re not taking all of their things? Maybe she’s just taking a select amount of clothing and items, and that’s why she hasn’t packed up their flat. When you have loads of money, you have loads of options and conveniences.

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

mrmilo wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:39 pm
Ava2014 wrote:They don't act like a couple that is going to emigrate to India. No stress, no packing, no lists absolutely nothing. I understand that they are very in love now because of the engagement, but what about packing?!! I think that Niomi is totally ignoring the fact that she is leaving her save life in London.
But maybe they’re not taking all of their things? Maybe she’s just taking a select amount of clothing and items, and that’s why she hasn’t packed up their flat. When you have loads of money, you have loads of options and conveniences.
There's that option. They could be subletting their house fully furnished so all she needs to pack is her stuff. They could also be hiring professional packers and movers who do everything in a day or two.

They obviously won't be taking furniture or appliances to India, if anything it will go into storage. It is doable in a couple days, tbf.

If I had just gotten engaged after eagerly awaiting the moment for at least a full year, I would also be focusing on that.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

Ava2014 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:32 pm
They don't act like a couple that is going to emigrate to India. No stress, no packing, no lists absolutely nothing. I understand that they are very in love now because of the engagement, but what about packing?!! I think that Niomi is totally ignoring the fact that she is leaving her save life in London.
HOLD THE PHONE. Why are they moving to India???????????????

kikidrk12
Informer
Informer

Post by kikidrk12 »

Ava2014 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:32 pm
We moved from the UK to North America. Because my husband was an expat, his work paid for us to have professional movers pack everything up, and we also had storage organised for some of our furniture. I imagine they might be in the same situation.

Junebug7676
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Junebug7676 »

I really don’t think they’re moving moving. I imagine they’re going to keep the flat and most of their things there. Niomi has said several times that she will be back to London often. It honestly sounds more like an extended vacation. They will probably be renting a fully furnished place while in India, appointed with all the basics.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

novas wrote: Next thread title should be 'Countdown to Inevitable Divorce in 5-7 years'
Lol :lol: Well, according to this comment on youtube, he actually told Niomi he didn't want to get married...which might have had some truth to it. Even Niomi's initial reaction to his proposal was "are you sure?"

That being said, I think Joe and Niomi would never get divorced (even if they end up being unhappy) because of the sense of security, etc. They kind of complement each other's blandness haha.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Junebug7676 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:55 pm
I really don’t think they’re moving moving. I imagine they’re going to keep the flat and most of their things there. Niomi has said several times that she will be back to London often. It honestly sounds more like an extended vacation. They will probably be renting a fully furnished place while in India, appointed with all the basics.
Yep. She has a launch next year and has said she will be commuting a lot - on her own dime, or any company she works with etc. She has the luxury of not making it an actual move. The apartment will probably still be there as is until they're in town. They'll visit family often enough also. I'm sure Joe took the job with a full expat package in his contract - car, housing in an acceptable area fully furnished, driver/maids etc. He has also been there for about a month getting things ready before she shows up anyways.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

They also said that during the off season (summer?) they will be living in London
-english is not my first language-

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

A lot of the stress of moving is logistics - what is being kept, what is being sold, what to donate, what to bin, what to pack, arranging movers, etc. I feel like a lot of the actual arranging and booking will be done by some poor employee for the cricket team, and what little is on them is minimised by the likelihood things will be in storage or the flat maintained for summers.
We'll no doubt see a wardrobe clear-out video, a "sustainable moving tips" video, and that'll likely be the extent of the actual move prep that's shown.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Junebug7676 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:55 pm
Yeah it was mentioned in the vlog that they will be keeping the flat as the move isn't indefinite.

Return to “Niomi Smart”