Niomi Smart Part 4

sone0405
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Niomi Smart Part 4

Post by sone0405 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:51 pm

has she ever shared how old her mum is? i'm just curious, she looks so good for her age

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:03 pm

joinmymisery wrote:has she ever shared how old her mum is? i'm just curious, she looks so good for her age
She's 43. She had NiomI at 18

AriaKapoor
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by AriaKapoor » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:16 pm

AmenAmen91 wrote:Is it me or are her thumbnails grainy

Saffrons v Naomi thumbnailImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yup. But I think it's just a filter. It is consistent in all her vlogmas thumbnails.

sone0405
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0405 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:30 pm

mg95 wrote:
joinmymisery wrote:has she ever shared how old her mum is? i'm just curious, she looks so good for her age
She's 43. She had NiomI at 18
thanks! i've always wondered but couldn't find it online

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:45 am

Damn she is so annoying around Joe.

Also I try not to comment on people's bodies but her legs are sooo thin I feel like could snap off at any second.

With all that said, one thing I really do appreciate about Niomi is that she goes places/to events alone. Most of her work peers (Zoe, Tanya, etc) would never go to an event where they didn't know anyone (or couldn't take an assistant) and have to meet people, small talk through dinner, etc. I have to do this too for my job so it's nice to see Niomi handle it, it gives me a bit more courage when I have to do it too.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:17 am

I cringed at the part of her vlog from the other day where she noticed she'd got glitter on her table while making cards, and in an attempt to seem more chill said in that weird voice that is trying to sound cool but instead sounds evil, 'I love it. More glitter, WOO' and started throwing glitter all over her table. Like... girl, what.

That said kudos to Niomi for actually being diligent in putting out Vlogmas, even if someone else is editing it. The attempt from a lot of YTers this year is just bad.

noranora12
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by noranora12 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:14 pm

just out of curiosity, what is the purpose for youtubers assistance? I mean, I know the vlogs are not an exact representation of their lives/work but what would an assistant do? Like, doesn't their management do most of their business stuff for them?

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:48 pm

She is SO cringey. She seems like she'd be unbearable to live with.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:30 pm

noranora12 wrote:just out of curiosity, what is the purpose for youtubers assistance? I mean, I know the vlogs are not an exact representation of their lives/work but what would an assistant do? Like, doesn't their management do most of their business stuff for them?
I guess to make them feel important. They claim they help with scheduling and sponsorship, I guess having someone around who is savvy and can take care of all the administrative things is a plus.

EffyStonem
Informer
Informer

Post by EffyStonem » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:56 pm

Lamour88 wrote:I cringed at the part of her vlog from the other day where she noticed she'd got glitter on her table while making cards, and in an attempt to seem more chill said in that weird voice that is trying to sound cool but instead sounds evil, 'I love it. More glitter, WOO' and started throwing glitter all over her table. Like... girl, what.

That said kudos to Niomi for actually being diligent in putting out Vlogmas, even if someone else is editing it. The attempt from a lot of YTers this year is just bad.

Lmaooo. I rarely watch niomi and am new to this thread, so every time I read comments like this I die laughing bc she sounds like a robot trying to pretend she’s a human. Or like an uptight mom going like “ya I can let loose, I’ll have a glass of wine with dinner” lol

bad_wolf
Informer
Informer

Post by bad_wolf » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:07 pm

EffyStonem wrote:
Lamour88 wrote:I cringed at the part of her vlog from the other day where she noticed she'd got glitter on her table while making cards, and in an attempt to seem more chill said in that weird voice that is trying to sound cool but instead sounds evil, 'I love it. More glitter, WOO' and started throwing glitter all over her table. Like... girl, what.

Lmaooo. I rarely watch niomi and am new to this thread, so every time I read comments like this I die laughing bc she sounds like a robot trying to pretend she’s a human. Or like an uptight mom going like “ya I can let loose, I’ll have a glass of wine with dinner” lol
i keep up with this thread but i've barely seen any content from her - decided to watch her vlogmas #21 and all i could think about was this comment, she's so stiff and awkward?? it was legit like watching a robot try to be human :rofl:

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:24 pm

EffyStonem wrote:

Niomi's personality reminds me of Bonnie Wright, Logan Lerman and Alexandra Daddario (names at the top of my head) they just have this feeling of awkwardness surrounding them, from the way they speak to the way they move is like so slowly and calculated? But I just feel that's how they truly are.

That being said if you haven't pack anything yet and you have a time frame until your bf picks you up why she choose to do other thing first.....it really annoys me that she decided to go to exercise first, I feel like youtube have no sense of priorities like when they vlog about how late they are while they are still standing in their room, "I'm so late and my uber is outside waiting!" like go to your uber first and then vlog.
-english is not my first language-

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:03 pm

You can really see how taken in Niomi's is with Joe.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:10 pm

I died when Joe did his OOTD in today's vlog, totally unprompted.

DapperDisco
Informer
Informer

Post by DapperDisco » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:40 pm

rai1234 wrote:I died when Joe did his OOTD in today's vlog, totally unprompted.
Literally in love. Like, full on giggling, awwing, downright squealing when he pops up! And Daisy May "vlogging" was hands down one of the cutest moments ever! Talk about learning from your environment (which brings about a whole discussion on kids and tech, but like the moment was so precious I can't even be negative).

I really do think the two are in it for the long haul though.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:38 pm

DapperDisco wrote:
rai1234 wrote:I died when Joe did his OOTD in today's vlog, totally unprompted.
Literally in love. Like, full on giggling, awwing, downright squealing when he pops up! And Daisy May "vlogging" was hands down one of the cutest moments ever! Talk about learning from your environment (which brings about a whole discussion on kids and tech, but like the moment was so precious I can't even be negative).

I really do think the two are in it for the long haul though.
And the pink tiara on his head that he probably forgot he was wearing :rofl:

Wombat
Informer
Informer

Post by Wombat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Seeing Joe sat on the floor with a tiara did make me melt a bit. I'm surprised they're not at the stage they do Christmas together.

sapphirerain
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sapphirerain » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:10 pm

I thought this was a trash thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AriaKapoor
Learner
Learner

Post by AriaKapoor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:10 pm

sapphirerain wrote:I thought this was a trash thread.

Nope. It's just a thread about a non-guru youtube personality. It is inclusive of rave and thrash.

HeadFullofDreams
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HeadFullofDreams » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:14 am

I think it’s meant to be both. I’m going to avoid it while the arse kissing continues. Niomi is such a arrogant dick, I can’t stand seeing people praise her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

izzy101
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by izzy101 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:02 am

I'm curious how Joe will find the food situation when they live together. She is always dragging him round vegan places, which he seems to like but I couldn't live with someone who is that obsessed with eating "clean" 24/7. It's not even the fact it's vegan, but that she will judge a meal as good if it contains some sort of superfood, or make a big deal about eating bread (with a green soup in Bruges). Even her deliveroo order was a detox bowl from Farmacy.

Nothing wrong with eating healthy, but the obsession with the health element all the time and justifying her meals with health buzzwords. The constant narrative about "good ingredients" or if it contains "antioxidants" and "minerals" and "soooooo many nutrients". It must be a change to be around to that approach to food every day.
Remembering the way Joe went for the dominoes in Tanya's Christmas party vlog- I don't think there will be any situations like that in their house!

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:02 am

AriaKapoor wrote:

Nope. It's just a thread about a non-guru youtube personality. It is inclusive of rave and thrash.
Nope... we've had a mod come in here before to remind everyone that it's a trash thread.

I think it's natural to include good points about the YTer or things you've noticed that you like or whatever, but sometimes this thread goes in the fan direction.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:14 am

izzy101 wrote:I'm curious how Joe will find the food situation when they live together. She is always dragging him round vegan places, which he seems to like but I couldn't live with someone who is that obsessed with eating "clean" 24/7. It's not even the fact it's vegan, but that she will judge a meal as good if it contains some sort of superfood, or make a big deal about eating bread (with a green soup in Bruges). Even her deliveroo order was a detox bowl from Farmacy.

Nothing wrong with eating healthy, but the obsession with the health element all the time and justifying her meals with health buzzwords. The constant narrative about "good ingredients" or if it contains "antioxidants" and "minerals" and "soooooo many nutrients". It must be a change to be around to that approach to food every day.
Remembering the way Joe went for the dominoes in Tanya's Christmas party vlog- I don't think there will be any situations like that in their house!
I've thought this too and I think it will be very difficult. I think it's more than vegan/non vegan... which in itself can be a challenge... but it's also adding in what is clearly some sort of disorder on top of it. Niomi and Joe are still in the honeymoon 'everything you do is amazing' phase. Hard as it may be to believe, that fades away. Your lives become the others. Living with someone with these sorts of demands and compulsions is incredibly difficult. It's not as simple as "hey that vegan gluten free pasta wasn't half bad!" Or "I'll just get dominoes tonight". I feel for both of them tbh.

I suppose the Niomi fan girls will be like "Niomi will support anything Joe chooses to eat! Niomi is gracious! Niomi is the giver of all things, praise be!" But, it's not about just compromising on meals, it's about living with someone who you slowly realize has obsessive restrictions and how that wants to dictate your lives.

Kale Contour
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kale Contour » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:56 am

bad_wolf wrote:
EffyStonem wrote:

i keep up with this thread but i've barely seen any content from her - decided to watch her vlogmas #21 and all i could think about was this comment, she's so stiff and awkward?? it was legit like watching a robot try to be human :rofl:
She's the dullest person on earth, but I've gotta say Niomi The Plant Based Robot is a kids book waiting to happen

DapperDisco
Informer
Informer

Post by DapperDisco » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:04 am

I don't see how her having a hot boyfriend who (for now) is being hella cute and organic on camera, or a freaking toddler counts as ass kissing? I think we all still acknowledge there are issues, but I guess we should just be silent if nothing offensive is done/said, rather than start a discussion that will natural lead to something else.... :roll:

Return to “Niomi Smart”