Post by LadyBugB »

Couldn't think of a fun title but here's a new thread :tu:

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Niomi Smart Part 4

Post by Archmanlia »

Haha I was expect some kind of clever thread name.

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

LadyBugB wrote:Couldn't think of a fun title but here's a new thread :tu:
LadyBugB wrote:Couldn't think of a fun title but here's a new thread :tu:
Contrary to the belief that the YouTuber threads are a "free for all", they're not. This is a gossip site and fangirling and white knighting is not allowed because of the fact that this is a "safe space" for people to vent about the Youtubers, without fear of anyone attacking them for having a less than stellar view of them. The subjects of these threads have comment sections and social media accounts for praising and adoring them. Utilize those sections and leave these threads for their intended purposes: gossiping about the subjects. Thank you!
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

HeadFullofDreams
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HeadFullofDreams »

Well said.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

She's even too boring for a good thread title. :roll:

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Finally watched her Portugal vlog and... really wished she'd shown more of the country and the city? Lisbon is gorgeous, but instead of filming the streets Niomi filmed countless shots of her cycling, her ice coffee and herself in her hotel room humble bragging of how much she works out and how she's busier than everyone else

ga7ba
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ga7ba »

this bitch thinks she's the shit. 2 years ago I thought she was so refreshing compared to other ytbers. she was dumb and boring but nice. Now she's dumb boring and conceited.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

A while ago there was a comment on one of her videos from someone who was clearly upset after having had some encounter with her in a shop in London... she said Niomi was very rude and sat on her phone while the people in the shop brought her things. The viewer said she'd been excited to see Niomi but her opinion of her was now completely different.

I have absolutely no idea if this is true or not but I thought it was an interesting contrast to her persona. Again, to be fair we don't know the whole story. Just saying.

ClareKnowsNothing
Informer
Informer

Post by ClareKnowsNothing »

She was pobably really super busy working and I am sure she had a boxing class scheduled - a crazy day!

Citrine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Citrine »

Lamour88 wrote:A while ago there was a comment on one of her videos from someone who was clearly upset after having had some encounter with her in a shop in London... she said Niomi was very rude and sat on her phone while the people in the shop brought her things. The viewer said she'd been excited to see Niomi but her opinion of her was now completely different.

I have absolutely no idea if this is true or not but I thought it was an interesting contrast to her persona. Again, to be fair we don't know the whole story. Just saying.
It's kind of how I imagine her to be, so I don't think it's far off.. She seems so bland and boring because she is pretending to be an ideal person on camera.

blissful
Informer
Informer

Post by blissful »

I can totally see Niomi being rude and stuck up. I mean, she already comes off ridiculously pretentious in her videos. At the end of the day, she's a privileged rich kid. Even if YouTube hadn't happened through Marcus, she'd still be wealthy -- everything has been handed to her. There's legit nothing she's done with YouTube that has required actual hard work - well actually, the only big thing she's done with YT is her book, which is essentially Pinterest recipes bound together, so..... I mean a busy day to her is gym and a meeting about picking out free clothes, so....

Also, the other day Marcus posted about his new video with Stefanie, and about half an hour later Niomi posted a photo of Joe. Of course. Typical.

meangirl
Debater
Debater

Post by meangirl »

Why is she still so childish about Marcus and Stephanie? I can imagine she had another bad day lol

mikah_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mikah_ »

The second I saw that holiday video where they touch each other's butts and frolic on the beach I knew Niomi was gonna post something :roll: Doesn't she realize she comes off as extremely obssesed about her ex? She posted two photos, clearly taken at a different time, one of Joe and one of her sitting and enjoying her luxurious life. I guess Marcus surprised her with the video and she didn't have the time to take a proper picture with Joe, so she decided to post a random one. What. A. Looser.

This is why her whole relationship seems staged to me at times. Like her management told her to date someone representative and fitting her image, so she stayed relevant.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Niomi isn't the level of celebrity and Gleam isn't the level of management that actually "tells" a YTer like Niomi to be in a relationship lol. I imagine Niomi wanted a boyfriend all on her own. And if Gleam were getting involved why wouldn't they set her up with another youtuber. Why would Joe of all ppl be making her relevant. She was actually doing pretty well when she was single.

Relationships are weird. Even when you're totally 'over' someone in one sense you can still feel a way about things like how they're living their life post breakup, and sometimes you're not over it when you think you are. Compound that with the fact that Niomi is probably v used to being the centre of all universes who gets what she wants, which makes this difficult to deal with for her.

I think she genuinely really likes Joe and he seems very sweet. But I've always said that I find it weird that BOTH Marcus and Niomi were in serious long term relationships less than a year after their breakup. You need time to grow and move on. I'm not saying it's not possible-- of course it is... I'm just saying in my view, chances are that at least one of the two are probably in a rebound without knowing it.

ga7ba
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ga7ba »

if anyone needs a break from the internet and social media it's her. shes getting so cringe now.

mikah_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mikah_ »

^ You would be surprised how many less important people in social media are being managed that way. She actually is getting many more views on videos with Joe and many more likes on her photos with him. I'm not saying Gleam "chose" Joe to be her bf, but a boyfriend in general is definitely making her life more interesting for a potential viewer. I'm sure they're pleased with how things turned out, whether she got with him on her own or not. The relationship seems almost staged, because of how plastic fake and perfect it looks image-wise. As you stated yourself, it is weird that Niomi found a long-term boyfriend in such a short period of time. Of course, it is absolutely possible for people to do that. Just a little too perfect and a little too unlikely. Especially when you just broke up with your partner of 6 years. Marcus moving on doesn't surprise me, but Niomi for some reason- yes.
Also, posting cute photos with Joe straight after Marcus because of the views would be a much better explanaition for her, even if blunt and materialistic, than being a crazy obsessed ex girlfriend desperately trying not to be seen as "the lonely one". Either way, very annoying.

InMaiasOpinion
Talker
Talker

Post by InMaiasOpinion »

So um.... :| What does "white knighting" mean? Anyone? Help?

About her working out, I wonder if she really does work out as much as it comes across in her videos... I mean I myself try to work out 4-5 times a week. Which sounds like a lot, right? Until I reveal that it's only about 25-30 minutes each time. That won't make you a fitness queen, however it does make me take care of my health.

Niomi's mentioned a few times she's only been working out for less than 30 minutes, you think that's what she actually does regularly?

Whoa! That's a special move...

BrainyBrain
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BrainyBrain »

She certainly talks a lot about working out :roll:

I think she probably does a youtube workout a day. I mean there's not much else in her agenda.

BUT I also think that what she does are quick 20-min basic bodyweight or cardio workouts plus she does them with very poor form, hence the lack of muscle definition and more skinny than "fit" body.

I would never call her a "fitness vlogger". Check Sarahs day, just for the pure contrast (and your enjoyment, cause she's everything that's Niomi isn't, and I find her extremly inspirational diet and fitness-wise <3 )

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

We have often said that Niomi isn't truly passionate about anything. So, we shouldn't expect her to be passionate about a man. Maybe she is lukewarm in all areas. We'll never figure out her relationship with Joe (?) because we'll never figure her out. She's like a fish, cold and slippery, elusive.

manymeows
Learner
Learner

Post by manymeows »

I was so obsessed with Niomi and her video's towards the end of last year and the beginning of this year, but lately I just... can't bring myself to watch any. They're SO boring. Always the same... her food, her fitness. I guess I'm just not into them anymore, but I wish she'd do other things. Plus now she's clearly got more money she's showing off her middle class lifestyle more and her videos are always fancy trips away like the Lisbon one that I haven't watched (can tell I'm not missing anything by these comments haha). And also haul type videos where she shows off really expensive products and honestly I just can't relate...... at all. She's becoming SO boring to me. :/

Return to “Niomi Smart”