Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Countdown to Sustainable Wedding - Niomi Smart Part 7

Post by palmer »

ladeeda2 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:07 am
Yes I was also shocked by her comments in the latest video. It proves she really doesn’t work all that hard. She has a “team” but doesn’t have any work to catch up on especially after lost time traveling and getting settled back in the UK? She is in such a bubble and so out of touch to think that everyone else around the world is just napping, cooking, binge watching shows and hanging out with their boyfriends. I am starting to wonder how I ever used to like her. I think Joe ruined her. Being part of his world of ultra-privilege has made her so spoiled, ungrateful and completely out of touch. Also, I may be in the minority but I find him so unappealing. He always has this look on his face like the lights are off upstairs. Like he has no personality, thoughts of his own, could never hold an interesting conversation. And the round glasses he has been wearing do him no favors.
I've never found him attractive tbh but I never said anything because people on this forum seem to think he's godlike lol. His prominent chin and permanent 'deer in headlights' expression just don't do it for me, at all. He definitely seems dim and dull af.

backatitagain
Informer
Informer

Post by backatitagain »

sleep84 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:15 pm
mg95 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:49 pm
holb93 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:47 pm
They're staying in a luxurious, fully stocked "outhouse" and Niomi is still complaining that she's bored (even when she works out twice a day...). As tone-deaf as ever.
and to ask us all what we’re doing to pass the time??? some of us still have 9-5 jobs while working from home, others have to take care of their kids, some people are essential workers and have to go out still. also chores and household tasks? oh to bake bread and preen myself in a guest cottage on the woodward estate and be “bored”
Yeah, that was insane. :roll: :roll: :roll: I can't roll my eyes enough.

In my town people are dropping like flies and she goes on a "long run" - you are not supposed to do that. A brief walk with the dog, yes. But keeping the distance outside and not too far away from your place of residence.
In Italy we need to go out with a printed self-certification form, that has to be official and up-to-date TO THE DAY and just for extremely urgent reasons. Like going to work, taking care of elderlies that can't take care of themselves, going to get groceries etc. And the stores don't let you in whenever you want sometimes you have to wait in line for even 2 hrs they let you in just approx. ten people at a time and you have to hurry, because other people are waiting.
Where I live you are still allowed to go out for a walk or go running. In the UK it's the same https://bit.ly/3bI7Jfz ;) Greetings to Italy and my best wishes!

I found it pretty funny when she explained leftovers. Girl we peasants know about leftovers no need to explain it.

blahblah123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blahblah123 »

ladeeda2 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:07 am
Yes I was also shocked by her comments in the latest video. It proves she really doesn’t work all that hard. She has a “team” but doesn’t have any work to catch up on especially after lost time traveling and getting settled back in the UK? She is in such a bubble and so out of touch to think that everyone else around the world is just napping, cooking, binge watching shows and hanging out with their boyfriends. I am starting to wonder how I ever used to like her. I think Joe ruined her. Being part of his world of ultra-privilege has made her so spoiled, ungrateful and completely out of touch. Also, I may be in the minority but I find him so unappealing. He always has this look on his face like the lights are off upstairs. Like he has no personality, thoughts of his own, could never hold an interesting conversation. And the round glasses he has been wearing do him no favors.
He’s lucky he’s rich, too, because I imagine it’d be mentally taxing on him to change a light bulb.

I’m also shocked by how much Niomi negs him. Everything he was doing in his “smoothie demonstration” was mocked and questioned by her.

Marinka
Debater
Debater

Post by Marinka »

For me, the weirdest part about that smoothie demo was, how controlling she seems about her food. Like she pointed out that he usually puts in too much oatmeal, and he had to ask her if she is ok with the amount of cocoa powder... :| Also, the fact that she had to explain that she is snacking on an apple even if she is not hungry but because she is bored, and had to ask Joe that if he is already hungry (after that amazing soup they had for lunch, lol), and she was a bit "ooh you are already hungry - well I'm not, I'm just bored." Like, FFS it's just an apple :)

And for me, Joe is like a plant. Pretty too look at, yet you can't seem to have a decent conversation with him. I wonder how he does with his job, since marketing is usually a very communicative position to work at :D
:love2: English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

backatitagain wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:38 am
Where I live you are still allowed to go out for a walk or go running. In the UK it's the same https://bit.ly/3bI7Jfz ;) Greetings to Italy and my best wishes!
Yeah, sure, legally you can. But that's not the definition of quarantine.. how is she on quarantine? You shouldn't go out for funsies. How come is she complaining? She can do whatever she does normally! wtf..nothing changed, she even has her fiancè at home.
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

Ellie2008
Talker
Talker

Post by Ellie2008 »

Marinka wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:44 am
For me, the weirdest part about that smoothie demo was, how controlling she seems about her food. Like she pointed out that he usually puts in too much oatmeal, and he had to ask her if she is ok with the amount of cocoa powder... :| Also, the fact that she had to explain that she is snacking on an apple even if she is not hungry but because she is bored, and had to ask Joe that if he is already hungry (after that amazing soup they had for lunch, lol), and she was a bit "ooh you are already hungry - well I'm not, I'm just bored." Like, FFS it's just an apple :)
I thought the apple thing was funny, it’s an apple not a family size chocolate bar! Joe is a tall guy who I’m guessing needs to eat quite a bit, it’d be odd if he wasn’t hungry a few hours after a bowl of soup!

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Advice from Italy: I used to go for runs with my dog thinking it was ok because we live in the countryside and we could keep the distances.

However even if you are super careful, it's still not ok to go outside. Everyone though that they could go for a walk/run resulting in a loooot of people around the city and also in the countryside. So the government had to make the decision to close parks and allow people to go for walks around your home, max 200 meters. The situation is really bad and we should isolate and go out only for food and medicine

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

To be fair, I don't think she's going for walks/runs in public places. Or at least not until recently. Joe's family house is either on a big plot of land or in a semi-remote area. They've shown it before in vlogmas videos. I think that's where they were going for runs.

christiekinahan
Learner
Learner

Post by christiekinahan »

I do not see why you shouldn't go out for a run or walk, if you keep the distance from other people. The point is, you shouldn't do it in groups or gather with others so that you can get or spread the virus. My husband and I live in a flat and have no garden. We are very active people. We do go out everyday for a 45 mins walk around the area. If we meet someone, we keep the 1.5 meter distance. We make sure we never go close to others and they never come close to us. In the weekends we drive to the woods and take long walks. Again, if meeting someone, we keep the distance.
I do not see what would be wrong with this. Anyway, my parents are both doctors. They agree.

half_pint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by half_pint »

Ellie2008 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:42 am
Marinka wrote:
I thought the apple thing was funny, it’s an apple not a family size chocolate bar! Joe is a tall guy who I’m guessing needs to eat quite a bit, it’d be odd if he wasn’t hungry a few hours after a bowl of soup!
Niomi has harcore food issues. I admire that she eats healthy and exercises all the time, I really wish I had the motivation to do the same but she takes it a bit too far. She'll add a piece of like 90% dark chocolate to something and act like she needs to go for a 10k run to make up for it, it's not good to feel guilty about eating, especially when what you're eating isn't even bad for you.

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

half_pint wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:35 pm
Ellie2008 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:42 am
Marinka wrote:
Niomi has harcore food issues. I admire that she eats healthy and exercises all the time, I really wish I had the motivation to do the same but she takes it a bit too far. She'll add a piece of like 90% dark chocolate to something and act like she needs to go for a 10k run to make up for it, it's not good to feel guilty about eating, especially when what you're eating isn't even bad for you.
She seems to be a bit better with food though, she used to eat even less than that, and I'm sure she would have opted for gluten-free everything a few years ago, which is just stupid.

ladeeda2
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ladeeda2 »

Joe seems super passive and spineless. I can’t stand men who allow themselves to be completely controlled and remade by their girlfriends. He does everything she does now, from the smoothies and plant based meals to the yoga. He just seems like he has no ideas, opinions or routines of his own anymore. It’s all about Niomi and her obsessive lifestyle. It makes for an incredibly boring, one-sided relationship. He acts like a cowed child being directed by his mother when he is around her. It was so obvious when she was criticizing his smoothie making and he constantly needed her reassurance that he was doing things properly. Yuck. He will come to be miserable in their marriage if he continues on losing all sense of his independent self.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

ladeeda2 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:54 am
Joe seems super passive and spineless. I can’t stand men who allow themselves to be completely controlled and remade by their girlfriends. He does everything she does now, from the smoothies and plant based meals to the yoga. He just seems like he has no ideas, opinions or routines of his own anymore. It’s all about Niomi and her obsessive lifestyle. It makes for an incredibly boring, one-sided relationship. He acts like a cowed child being directed by his mother when he is around her. It was so obvious when she was criticizing his smoothie making and he constantly needed her reassurance that he was doing things properly. Yuck. He will come to be miserable in their marriage if he continues on losing all sense of his independent self.
Mah. Maybe this is a little bit of a stretch. They are in quarantine after all, he can't do anything but lounge around and eat. Plus they are her videos, maybe he hates it. I'd be the same if a partner shove a camera in my face first thing in the morning.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

I was so jealous seeing her doing yoga in that picture perfect garden in the sunshine today. I don't want to hear another word about how bored she is in that luxurious outhouse on the private estate, (plus I bet she's secretly absolutely thrilled to be back in her element).

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

paintmedance wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:51 am
I was so jealous seeing her doing yoga in that picture perfect garden in the sunshine today. I don't want to hear another word about how bored she is in that luxurious outhouse on the private estate, (plus I bet she's secretly absolutely thrilled to be back in her element).
Ikr? The beautiful private garden plus all that private land, she practically has a public park all to herself right now. Also the 'outhouse' has two floors and is more spacious than your average apartment that a young couple would share anyway. Her set-up is like something you might rent for a summer getaway lol. It's not her fault or anything but she has it good right now and I hope she doesn't complain. Also looking at the situation in India and that they procastinated doing anything and then lucked into the last two seats on the last flight out, like how lucky is she?

klmnop
Learner
Learner

Post by klmnop »

did any of you guys watch the whole yoga livestream? I only tuned in at the very end and the instructor had them stay and do a “boogie” together it was so embarrassing watching Niomi dance jgkgkh it really sent me

holb93
Informer
Informer

Post by holb93 »

Anyone else find it a bit disturbing that she’s posting her alternative-medicine videos now? We’re in the middle of a global pandemic that even modern science is struggling to cope with. The last thing we (and Niomi’s gullible audience) need is an influencer trying to teach us about homeopathic remedies.

macnoodle69
Learner
Learner

Post by macnoodle69 »

You know Niomi disappoints me the most out of all of these "influencers"

She claims to be all about sustainability but doesn't even do the bare minimum, really.

How easy would it be for her to set aside a story or two each week to talk about textile recycling options, composting at home or as part of a community, sustainable beauty brands, circular beauty brands, zero waste shops locally where you BYO containers to be filled.

Seriously.
Bare
Fucking
Minimum

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

christiekinahan wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:45 pm
I do not see why you shouldn't go out for a run or walk, if you keep the distance from other people. The point is, you shouldn't do it in groups or gather with others so that you can get or spread the virus. My husband and I live in a flat and have no garden. We are very active people. We do go out everyday for a 45 mins walk around the area. If we meet someone, we keep the 1.5 meter distance. We make sure we never go close to others and they never come close to us. In the weekends we drive to the woods and take long walks. Again, if meeting someone, we keep the distance.
I do not see what would be wrong with this. Anyway, my parents are both doctors. They agree.

Now you can, I guess. No matter how many doctor parents you people may have. The same restrictions that apply to us Southern european losers are going to apply to other people, we are just a few weeks in advance. You can't just roam around anymore. Period.

EGuyUK
Lurker
Lurker

Post by EGuyUK »

holb93 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:36 pm
Anyone else find it a bit disturbing that she’s posting her alternative-medicine videos now? We’re in the middle of a global pandemic that even modern science is struggling to cope with. The last thing we (and Niomi’s gullible audience) need is an influencer trying to teach us about homeopathic remedies.
I was about to say this too regarding her first of three YouTube videos. She also posted last week about an immune boosting recipe which is total BS.

Arurveda is complete pseudoscience and really shouldn't be promoted like that!

'Although laboratory experiments suggest it is possible that some substances used in Ayurveda might be developed into effective treatments, there is no scientific evidence that any are effective as currently practiced.[11] Ayurveda medicine is pseudoscientific.[12] Other researchers consider it a protoscience, or trans-science system instead.[13][14] In a 2008 study, close to 21% of Ayurveda U.S. and Indian-manufactured patent medicines sold through the Internet were found to contain toxic levels of heavy metals, specifically lead, mercury, and arsenic.[15] The public health implications of such metallic contaminants in India are unknown.'

Return to “Niomi Smart”