Maryam Ishtiaq

Afshakhan
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Maryam Ishtiaq

Post by Afshakhan »

I just saw her insta stories and she was holding a Luara Mercier box. Looks like they are still working together
Maybe?

queenb33
Talker
Talker

Post by queenb33 »

teaspill wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:26 pm
coffetea wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:18 pm
I just went to Raised Real instagram and noticed that they are NOT Following Maryam anymore. I wonder why they unfollowed her? Can someone also confirm this
Yea looks like they are not following her anymore. Just checked her linked in and it looks like she's not working there anymore too. lol Maryam we told you it was a matter of when not if. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Wait, what.......she was fired??? That's pretty fucked up, man.
Who gets this twisted over some tweets?

I'm assuming she hasn't done anything to personally harm you or your family, otherwise that's a very excessive reaction to someone losing their livelihood. :roll:

dancingqueen1960
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dancingqueen1960 »

Okay, I agree that someone losing their livelihood isn't a laughing matter, but I'm confused as to what you're so shocked about.

The literal POINT of all of this was for brands to see her hypocrisy, racism, and hate speech for what it is and stop working with someone who has such terrible values (yes, wanting to drag hijabis and calling black people thugs is hate speech and inexcusable regardless of how old you were when you said those things).

If Raised Real truly fired her for her comments, that's a proper reaction for ANY company to have. Any one of us with non-influencer jobs would be fired if we ever tweeted anything like what Maryam tweeted, regardless of how old we were when we did so.

And if someone is still concerned about which brands continue to work with her, that's fair too. She has taken part in racist and hateful dialogue and refused to admit her mistakes. If a company who has repeatedly been contacted about these transgressions continues to work with her, that's valuable information for me as a consumer. None of us want to support brands that willingly work with influencers and turn a blind eye to their deplorable actions.

& no, she didn't murder my family. But you know how some women, minorities, people of color, and many others end up murdered? When hateful and racist speech is normalized and the people that take part in it are allowed to get away with it.

This is not petty. It's justified.
queenb33 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:12 pm
Afshakhan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:15 pm
I just saw her insta stories and she was holding a Luara Mercier box. Looks like they are still working together
Maybe?
y'all. seriously.
who.the fuck. cares.
this isn't aimed at you at all afsha.

This is just getting to insanity levels.

Imma stand by what I said before.
This is beyond petty and sounds like a bunch of lame ass high school girls with too much time on their hands.

Most of y'all are acting like she murdered your family or some shit.

ayeshashahs
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ayeshashahs »

I have been following this closely and I can see from both sides. I agree with holding people accountable but I was biased since Maryam was someone I knew personally. First I was like screw these gg people and their lies. I was fully on Maryams side and then slowly other people close to Maryam also started mentioning this. We had always overlooked how she was because she was someone we knew. I am someone who was friends with Maryam and then that friendship changed. The fame really changed her and slowly we started to notice this. She was being more stuck up, and arrogant. We let is pass and thought it was a phase but this was not true. She progressively became worse, and worse. We all overlooked alot of what she did eventhough it was not right. Its not easy to speak up to someone you know and slowly everyone distanced themselves instead. She then slowly gained a new "fake group" which would support her because they were also bloggers. Even in this group she had issues because she would screw over others when she partnered with brands. Sad thing is that it doesnt seem like she cares about anyone but her own goals. Looking back I dont know if she was ever genuine or was she just faking it to get something. I feel like everything was about getting something from someone. I dont know if she really feels bad for anything she did. I think her goal has always been to maintain her image and to use people. It doesnt matter if we stuck by her if we give her advice to be a better person, she thinks we are against her. She will throw a tantrum. I feel its good what she is facing because maybe, just maybe she will realize what it means to be a kind person. She needs to be more mature and I feel she never grew up. I feel realizing that you cant treat people like shit, use them, and abuse them is a good lesson. She has ofcourse not apologized and has always used lies in whatever happens. This time is no different but atleast there are consequences to her actions. You cant be racist, threaten and harass others, constantly lie and use people, and also not expect it to come back to you. Its great everyone on here was able to do what we close to her were not.

Fatimakhangg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Fatimakhangg »

They are still following her husband Nabeel, so I’m not sure why they unfollowed her. Maybe they want to just show ppl that they aren’t associated with her. But actually still are. As crazy as it sounds, could be it. I’m Really hoping she is dropped from the summit though. There are so many good hard working honest deserving ppl out there. Not this person faking everything on insta.
I’m also sick of seeing all these small bloggers kissing her ass. Never am I ever gonna support these wanna be women (Mom bloggers) so desperate to take a piece of the pie I.e. Maryam Ishtiaq followers.

Post by Guest »

queenb33 not sure where your post went but I wanted to address it

Maryam did not murder my family. I will however say, Muslim women who wear the hijab are one of the largest target of islamophobic hate crimes. I have many friends and relatives that wear a hijab, who have been hurt by her comments and the fact that she did not address this issue at all. This shows that she has zero respect for her audience/followers. This is unacceptable, scary and disgusting behavior. She even said racist things about people of color and slavery. There are so many people who fear persecution, and are insecure about their skin color. Spreading this message of hate is deplorable and should not be condoned. There are people who are racist or will stand by when it occurs, but others will not. People who get away with this stuff are the ones normalizing this behavior and that is not ok
If anyone feels that Maryam can say whatever she wants, then so can other people. Why is it okay if someone can say or do racist things and people don’t have a problem with that but instead have a problem when other people stand up for what is right? The mindset which says leave racists alone, let them say or do what they want, or who cares, is equivalently also condoning racism. It is also saying that people who spread racism or hatred should be allowed to say whatever they feel but then other people who want to stand up should be silenced. The most one can do is address the issue (especially towards people who were hurt by such tweets - no matter when it was done/said). Recognizing your mistakes helps you build character and is morally the right thing to do - she instead escalated this further by saying it's all a lie. This caused people to be more upset, angry and lose respect for her. So when people ask/say “who cares”? Maybe millions of Muslims who wear the hijab. Maybe millions people of color whose parents were slaves. Maybe millions people of color who die everyday and are persecuted. Those might be the people who care.

I have been following this forum. If you have also been following everything, you would notice that Maryam and her SIL misused RaisedReal’s Instagram platform by blocking deleting people and their comments. It could be that they became aware of them misusing the Raised Real platform to delete consumers comments or block consumers. Raised Real is a public company and you cannot use a public companies instagram or other resources to silence consumers. That is something you can legally get in trouble for. Also if you publicly make comments you lose a certain privacy because you are posting in a public forum. I am not saying that she did get fired ( I don't see anyone else specifically speculating about firing on here but you. I see some users were just curious about her updated linkedin info and RR not following her), but if she hypothetically did, it can be due to not just her tweets but also misuse of RR’s public business platform

dancingqueen1960 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:00 pm
Okay, I agree that someone losing their livelihood isn't a laughing matter, but I'm confused as to what you're so shocked about.

The literal POINT of all of this was for brands to see her hypocrisy, racism, and hate speech for what it is and stop working with someone who has such terrible values (yes, wanting to drag hijabis and calling black people thugs is hate speech and inexcusable regardless of how old you were when you said those things).

If Raised Real truly fired her for her comments, that's a proper reaction for ANY company to have. Any one of us with non-influencer jobs would be fired if we ever tweeted anything like what Maryam tweeted, regardless of how old we were when we did so.

And if someone is still concerned about which brands continue to work with her, that's fair too. She has taken part in racist and hateful dialogue and refused to admit her mistakes. If a company who has repeatedly been contacted about these transgressions continues to work with her, that's valuable information for me as a consumer. None of us want to support brands that willingly work with influencers and turn a blind eye to their deplorable actions.

& no, she didn't murder my family. But you know how some women, minorities, people of color, and many others end up murdered? When hateful and racist speech is normalized and the people that take part in it are allowed to get away with it.

This is not petty. It's justified.
queenb33 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:12 pm
Afshakhan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:15 pm
Maybe?
y'all. seriously.
who.the fuck. cares.
this isn't aimed at you at all afsha.

This is just getting to insanity levels.

Imma stand by what I said before.
This is beyond petty and sounds like a bunch of lame ass high school girls with too much time on their hands.

Most of y'all are acting like she murdered your family or some shit.

okqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by okqueen »

ok and? maryams tweets are still real... lmfao

dancingqueen1960
Lurker
Lurker

So I saw all of those screenshots of the google doc before they got deleted.

To whoever deleted it: you are dumb. It wasn’t even that incriminating.

To the person who posted it (I’m assuming it was whoever Sadaf is): all it proves is that chai tea, tea spill, and whoever else was on there took it upon themselves to organize, direct conversation on here, and reach out to companies.

Sure, you can call it a bit obsessive. But in no way does it imply that they “orchestrated” this thread or that Maryam’s tweets were fake or photoshopped. I myself am someone not involved in that google doc group who saw the tweets with my own eyes on Maryam’s twitter before it was deleted.

And I don’t see how their behavior made anyone “scared for Maryam”. Reaching out to someone’s employer (RR in this case), partnered brands, etc is an expected reaction from others if someone is caught participating in hate speech. Like for God’s sake, how do you expect someone to be held accountable for their actions after they refuse to ADMIT to said actions if not by going for the mouth that feeds them?

Additionally, I saw no proof for the claim that they hired someone in Pakistan to hack and delete Maryam’s Instagram.

And to the girls who created the google doc: y’all should’ve just been transparent from the get go and shared info instead of being afraid of backlash over Maryam being fired or Benish supposedly resigning.

okqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by okqueen »

ok who the heck deleted the post with all the screenshots exposing teaspill, chaiteacoffee, sadaf etc
i knew that tea spill chick lost her marbles when she was chatting shit about putting your head in your fathers lap

okqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by okqueen »

im sorry but the conversation on this thread has shifted vastly from holding an influencer accountable for their racist actions and turned into a hate mob. some of u on here rlly truly do not care about race, you care more about seeing maryam fall from grace. and thats sick. dont use race as a guise for your hate towards maryam. theres a reason some of you dont have the platform these bloggers do and yall definitely dont deserve it either. smh.

queenb33
Talker
Talker

Post by queenb33 »

dancingqueen1960 wrote:So I saw all of those screenshots of the google doc before they got deleted.

To the person who posted it (I’m assuming it was whoever Sadaf is): all it proves is that chai tea, tea spill, and whoever else was on there took it upon themselves to organize, direct conversation on here, and reach out to companies.

Sure, you can call it a bit obsessive. But in no way does it imply that they “orchestrated” this thread or that Maryam’s tweets were fake or photoshopped. I myself am someone not involved in that google doc group who saw the tweets with my own eyes on Maryam’s twitter before it was deleted.

And I don’t see how their behavior made anyone “scared for Maryam”. Reaching out to someone’s employer (RR in this case), partnered brands, etc is an expected reaction from others if someone is caught participating in hate speech. Like for God’s sake, how do you expect someone to be held accountable for their actions after they refuse to ADMIT to said actions if not by going for the mouth that feeds them?

Additionally, I saw no proof for the claim that they hired someone in Pakistan to hack and delete Maryam’s Instagram.

And to the girls who created the google doc: y’all should’ve just been transparent from the get go and shared info instead of being afraid of backlash over Maryam being fired or Benish supposedly resigning.

This is the biggest load of horseshit I've ever read and you all know it.
That was the most planned and organized load of garbage.

And wtf is "a bit obsessive"??? nah they were at crazy levels of stalking her.

coffetea
Learner
Learner

Post by coffetea »

dancingqueen1960 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:17 pm
So I saw all of those screenshots of the google doc before they got deleted.

If some people organized the gg group to instead of trashing someone respectfully addressing the issue then I dont see the problem. @dancingqueen1960 herself saw the tweets. The issue is that if you are stating racist and hateful things then dont consistently lie as well. This is the first time the forum is not just talking trash about someone but trying to make a change. People were organized and respectfully asking everyone to take action. It seems that everyone is saying if someone is racist and hateful let it go. Honestly if you are okay with letting racism and hatred go then maybe you need to evaluate yourself. Normally people would be on this thread talking trash everyday about Maryam. The document seemed to be getting people organized facts, companies emails and asking them to respectfully address the issue. Honestly you do not know if one of the girls sisters is a hijabi and was attacked or harassed. You do not know if the people who feel so strongly is because they are black are are hated on everyday. Why do so many people feel its okay to defend a racist? Maryam is a racist, she promoted violence and the people who defend her or say so what? well you need to think morally about what you are standing up for. Why are you defending a racist? Why are you standing up for her when she is promoting violence and lying.

dancingqueen1960
Lurker
Lurker

I don’t get why this is surprising to be honest. Chaitea and teaspill, among others, were always a lot more invested in this thread than the vast majority of contributors.

It definitely occurred to me that a few of the people on this thread who were so active were discussing and organizing with each other outside of the thread. Otherwise, how would so many brands have been contacted and the google doc of brands to reach out to and Wordpress have been made? This can’t come as a shock to most of you.

Did they have a ton of time on their hands? Yeah. But this is how the status quo changes - people who are super passionate about an issue organize and keep at it without giving up. And sadly, that’s the amount of effort it takes in this day and age to make an influencer account for their actions.

This isn’t the issue I would’ve chosen to be so passionate about, but I don’t see how their decision to do so is wrong.

Yes, we should be calling out racism and hateful speech across the board on Instagram, especially in Desi influencers as those are the ones we feel represent us and thus our community. However, it’s going to take successfully calling out and making one of them account for her actions before we can change the status quo and call out others.

queenb33
Talker
Talker

Post by queenb33 »

But Why is the post gone???
If you guys did nothing wrong then the screenshots should have stayed up.

I'm just saying.

No one is saying they didn't see the tweets.
The stalking of Maryam wasn't ok no matter what.

okqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by okqueen »

nah youre all wrong because youre being vile. you lot are not focused on racism, thats facts. yall r focused on stroking youre own egos everytime a company takes her down. i see none of you actively doing anything about racism. big whoop some company dropped her, you think thats going to change racism in the beauty community? u think that maryam cared to apologize or openly talk about it because some companies dropped her? she didnt. you all have lost the plot. stop trying to justify yourselves. you are not some judge or jury. i despise jeffree star for his racist comments so the only thing i can do and have control over is to not consume his content, why cant you all do the same? i get the initial reaction, the initial hurt, and the initial shock, but you guys have turned this into an obsession that is UNPRODUCTIVE. yall could not even have gotten ONE blogger to side with u, does that show the hypocrisy in the beauty community? for sure. but it also shows how misguided and misplaced your intentions are. i did reach out to maryam, i did comment and ask, she did not respond, she blocked me, so guess what i didnt care? i moved on. i know this isnt how racism is resolved. maryam did not want to apologize, she did not care about being held accountable, and nothing you all do can change that. if you really truly cared about changing the status quo youd be working on building your OWN platform and centering it on ideas and issues that matter to you and then calling out bloggers whos ethics or past tweets you dont agree with on a platform that is completely yours and you have autonomy over. but all yall did and are doing is sitting behind an anonymous internet account, doing random shit that no one can hold YOU accountable for and are revelling in her demise, and that shows YOUR character more than hers. you guys do not care about racism, and thats that. and u want to whine about maryam, you want to whine about every aspect of her life, that is obsession. that is not fighting the good fight.

dancingqueen1960
Lurker
Lurker

queenb33 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm just saying. Image

I agree with the first point, they should’ve left it up. Deleting it just makes you look more guilty over something that wasn’t that terrible to begin with. Wrong move.

Also, what do you mean by stalking? Because I didn’t see that on there. If they were stalking her social media, well, she’s a public figure willingly putting that stuff out there for everyone to see.

If they were physically stalking her, that’s unacceptable. But I saw no mention of that.

coffetea
Learner
Learner

Post by coffetea »

dancingqueen1960 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:33 pm
I don’t get why this is surprising to be honest. Chaitea and teaspill, among others, were always a lot more invested in this thread than the vast majority of contributors.

It definitely occurred to me that a few of the people on this thread who were so active were discussing and organizing with each other outside of the thread. Otherwise, how would so many brands have been contacted and the google doc of brands to reach out to and Wordpress have been made? This can’t come as a shock to most of you.

Did they have a ton of time on their hands? Yeah. But this is how the status quo changes - people who are super passionate about an issue organize and keep at it without giving up. And sadly, that’s the amount of effort it takes in this day and age to make an influencer account for their actions.

This isn’t the issue I would’ve chosen to be so passionate about, but I don’t see how their decision to do so is wrong.

Yes, we should be calling out racism and hateful speech across the board on Instagram, especially in Desi influencers as those are the ones we feel represent us and thus our community. However, it’s going to take successfully calling out and making one of them account for her actions before we can change the status quo and call out others.
Organization is how you can make changes. Yes there are many social issues to tackle, and not everyone has the time, resources or money to tackle huge issues. So if Maryam was racist, and she is part of the community then why not speak up and try to make a difference. If instead you want to discourage by saying well why not take on Trump he's racist too, well that is an entirely different issue. You cant just discourage someone from speaking up about an issue because you feel it is not worthwhile. Some white people dont think black lives matter, so there is a BLM movement. No what if someone went to Black Lives Matter and was like well millions of Jews did focus on some other issue. You cant just compare things to others and say some issue is not worth addressing.

If someone gave you facts, email information, and asked you to respectfully contact those people then what is the problem?
Do you know if one of their sisters is black? Maybe they are a Hijabi? Could they have been abused, harassed or someone they know because of it.

How do you know why they are passionate and so upset. Its called empathy and holding people accountable. All the posts made were trying to keep this respectful. This thread combined to form a website, share facts, and ask someone to address a real life issue. Yes Maryam ishtiaq is not a huge influencer but also she is a part of the community and a lot of people see what she does. If she said racist things, talked about punching and beating hijabis, said slavery was funny and you are defending that then there is something wrong with your thought process.

Its funny how Maryam can say slavery is funny, black people are thugs and talk about punching/dragging someone by their Hijab yet your issue is how can some people come together to organize and get her to respectfully address this.

So basically you support Slavery? You also are saying Black people are thugs? You also support punching Hijabis?

This is why people have the power to get away with crimes, oppress others because of people who support racists, and people who promote violence.

queenb33
Talker
Talker

Post by queenb33 »

dancingqueen1960 wrote:
queenb33 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm just saying. Image

I agree with the first point, they should’ve left it up. Deleting it just makes you look more guilty over something that wasn’t that terrible to begin with. Wrong move.

Also, what do you mean by stalking? Because I didn’t see that on there. If they were stalking her social media, well, she’s a public figure willingly putting that stuff out there for everyone to see.

If they were physically stalking her, that’s unacceptable. But I saw no mention of that.
Nah that's funny because in the screenshot I saw Maryams job WAS contacted and maybe Nabeels? My dad's a cop and he verified that that was definitely stalking.

dancingqueen1960
Lurker
Lurker

okqueen wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm
nah youre all wrong because youre being vile. you lot are not focused on racism, thats facts. yall r focused on stroking youre own egos everytime a company takes her down. i see none of you actively doing anything about racism. big whoop some company dropped her, you think thats going to change racism in the beauty community? u think that maryam cared to apologize or openly talk about it because some companies dropped her? she didnt. you all have lost the plot. stop trying to justify yourselves. you are not some judge or jury. i despise jeffree star for his racist comments so the only thing i can do and have control over is to not consume his content, why cant you all do the same? i get the initial reaction, the initial hurt, and the initial shock, but you guys have turned this into an obsession that is UNPRODUCTIVE. yall could not even have gotten ONE blogger to side with u, does that show the hypocrisy in the beauty community? for sure. but it also shows how misguided and misplaced your intentions are. i did reach out to maryam, i did comment and ask, she did not respond, she blocked me, so guess what i didnt care? i moved on. i know this isnt how racism is resolved. maryam did not want to apologize, she did not care about being held accountable, and nothing you all do can change that. if you really truly cared about changing the status quo youd be working on building your OWN platform and centering it on ideas and issues that matter to you and then calling out bloggers whos ethics or past tweets you dont agree with on a platform that is completely yours and you have autonomy over. but all yall did and are doing is sitting behind an anonymous internet account, doing random shit that no one can hold YOU accountable for and are revelling in her demise, and that shows YOUR character more than hers. you guys do not care about racism, and thats that. and u want to whine about maryam, you want to whine about every aspect of her life, that is obsession. that is not fighting the good fight.
Okay, the holier than thou attitude is a bit rich for a gossip forum. No one here ever claimed the entire point of this was to completely eradicate racism from the beauty community overnight. It was to address one influencer’s racist comments.

You moved on after Maryam ignored you. Good for you. The people involved in that google doc didn’t. For reasons unknown to all of us, they’re really passionate about this. So what? If all they want to do is take down one racist and hypocritical influencer, then so be it. That’s their prerogative. As long as they aren’t doing anything illegal or threatening (Ex. Physically stalking her, harassing her family, etc) I don’t see how it’s not justified for them to want to keep going after this issue.

Like someone said earlier, you don’t know if they’re hijabis, minorities, African American, or identify with and are hurt by Maryam’s comments for some other reason. But if they can’t let this go and want to organize and have her held accountable, so be it. There’s no time limit for how long it’s socially acceptable to call someone out for their actions.

I’m glad you let it go. That doesn’t mean everyone else has to.

okqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by okqueen »

first of all, none of you were respectful, you were all coming for maryams neck.
next, critiquing the ways in which you decided to "organize" (lol) does not in any way mean ur critics co-sign racism or oppression or islamaphobia.
it means that you all had poor execution for the intended actions. it means you all can DO BETTER. if im gonna be against something im gonna be smart about it, not beat down the same influencer who doesnt give a crap about it. is racism gonna end if maryam apologizes? no. but thats not what u want to see. you just want a mob attacking maryam, u just want to hurt her. "love for your brother, what you love for yourself" if you truly wanted to see change, you would be more respectful it. you would not be dragging her for her physical attributes or calling her husband whipped or throwing around cheating allegations. you would not be making a google doc plotting, you would not think youre sitting on some pedestal just because your anonymous. i have no respect for maryam, but i have none for all of you either.

Return to “Maryam Ishtiaq”