Lucy Moon / meowitslucy

redskies
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lucy Moon / meowitslucy

Post by redskies »

the comment that pointed out how she puts such importance her label of being a vegetarian and animal cruelty but shopping at H&M where they use sweatshops (therefore guilty of "human cruelty") is such a fair point!!! and she just read it with no reply and didn't even address it on her insta stories which was so shocking. how can one care more about animal rights than human rights

reminds me of that scene from community where britta says "i can excuse racism but i cross the line at animal cruelty" (not accusing lucy of being racist but a similar sort of gist)

ellblarghh
Learner
Learner

Post by ellblarghh »

I just looked at her social bladeand shes lost around 500 subscribers since friday and most of them have come from the past 24 hours it seems. This is honestly quite hilarious

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

I've never EVER thumbed down a video in all the looong years I've been watching YouTube.. Until now. Jesus, this video is just a hypocritical shitfest. The video's likes to dislikes ratio is hilarious, and so justified.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

lol, she's a mess and i'm glad i know how much of a mess she is thanks to this thread. thanks, guys! lmao

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Lol she deleted it... and still no update for Vlogmas either.

nudelipstick
Informer
Informer

Post by nudelipstick »

It’s one thing to be sensitive but it’s another thing to try to have a pity party over those comments. The asmr aspect of it really made it the most ridiculous video that I’ve seen in a while.

I feel like I can comment on the “animal flesh” thing because I don’t eat meat. I was really impressed with the video on veganism but to hear that she carried on eating meat after all of that anyway is mind boggling. I’m not triggered by people eating meat but if you’re going to put on this image that you’re #woke and above eating meat and dairy but continue to do it anyway, you are a hypocrite. People have the right to be turned off by that. People also have the right to call you out too :roll:
Just another pathetic, jealous h8r | I'm not really a bitch all the time. You just don't like when I call you out on your bullshit... all the time

sunflowers11
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sunflowers11 »

I can’t believe Lucy really doesn’t understand why everyone made those comments. How does she not get that most people really wouldn’t care about any of those things if SHE didn’t make a big deal about it? SHE’S the one who said she was vegetarian/pescatarian and then went on to show everyone her eating meat consistently. SHE’S the one who claimed to have alcohol issues and said she was going sober and then talked about all the times she’s gotten wasted. SHE’S the one who talked about being a mindful consumer and then showed everyone her clothes from H&M, etc. SHE’S the one who brings up all these things and claims to be so #woke but then gets mad when people point out that she’s not following through on all her claims. 99% of people wouldn’t care that she eats meat, drinks alcohol, or shops at H&M if she didn’t make such a big deal about not doing those things for the ~aesthetic~

Reprimand
Informer
Informer

Post by Reprimand »

Notice how on twitter she's making it very clear how much harassment she's undergone and supporting other creators who have been through it, almost as if to justify that she's been through bad harassment. I don't doubt it, but that still doesn't excuse her video was shitty. Do you think she'll address the comments / video, or just pretend it never happened?

crepe991
Learner
Learner

Post by crepe991 »

13 days have gone by since the beginning of vlogmas, and Lucy only has put out only 6 rushed, mediocre videos. Even worse than the last time, now she doesn't even bother to explain why she's constantly missing videos.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Reprimand wrote:Notice how on twitter she's making it very clear how much harassment she's undergone and supporting other creators who have been through it, almost as if to justify that she's been through bad harassment. I don't doubt it, but that still doesn't excuse her video was shitty. Do you think she'll address the comments / video, or just pretend it never happened?
Also, she suddenly brought up her "MRA" harassment in response to people pointing out that her being 'inspired' by similar videos by YTers like Kat Blaque is pretty privileged thing to say as it is not nearly the same level of harassment that is hurled at someone like KB who is a Black trans woman on YouTube. So lucy tweets that ACTUALLY, she has had super bad harassment online and had to go to the police for it and that's why she stopped making videos on certain social issues!

Now I truly sympathize with anything she might've gone through w/r/t that, which is an awful thing to happen... but the fact is, that since she felt threatened, she could throw off the social issues vids and just go to the safety of Glossier hauls and 168 Hours. But Kat Blaque cannot stop being a trans WOC in the way that Lucy can suddenly stop being visibly 'woke' because she felt threatened. So I found her need to show everyone that actually she DOES get really bad threats just like KB to be pretty gross.

And yeah I was also going to point out that she still only has 6 videos up. Nothing from NYC. I don't know why she labelled that one video as "Vlogmas #8"... just because you want it to be your 8th video doesn't make it so...

Lizzy92
Learner
Learner

Post by Lizzy92 »

Can we go back to this Taylor swift blog post??

"it’s earned a place in my regular rotation of albums, avoiding the one-time-listen I usually give to projects that are designed to reach a mass audience"

Because just in case it wasn't painfully obvious, Lucy is SOOOooOooOOoo AlTernATiVeeee guyssssssssss!!! Couldn't possibly acknowledge that mainstream music might actually be.. gasp.. good?!

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Lizzy92 wrote: "it’s earned a place in my regular rotation of albums, avoiding the one-time-listen I usually give to projects that are designed to reach a mass audience"
WHAT. Lmaooooooo she is terrible. At least she must like her own music though, since that's never gonna reach any audience lol.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

Lamour88 wrote:
Lizzy92 wrote: "it’s earned a place in my regular rotation of albums, avoiding the one-time-listen I usually give to projects that are designed to reach a mass audience"
WHAT. Lmaooooooo she is terrible. At least she must like her own music though, since that's never gonna reach any audience lol.
LOL, fuck, ouch! :rofl: :rofl:
that's such a pretentious ( ;) ) thing to say, though. eek.
she needs to take it down several notches.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

Kind wanna know what her bf looks like since she was teasing his presence in the vlogs a few dys back. I wonder if he compliments the "im so edgy" vibe Lucy has attempted to create for herself.

It's like secondary school (UK for highschool) that shes so concerned with being the "cool girl". But I think she's forgetting that the cool girl peaked at secondary school and nobody truly liked them because they were mean and calculative. More people will stick around if you're kind and manage to hold onto just a shred of integrity.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Lizzy92 wrote:Can we go back to this Taylor swift blog post??

"it’s earned a place in my regular rotation of albums, avoiding the one-time-listen I usually give to projects that are designed to reach a mass audience"

Because just in case it wasn't painfully obvious, Lucy is SOOOooOooOOoo AlTernATiVeeee guyssssssssss!!! Couldn't possibly acknowledge that mainstream music might actually be.. gasp.. good?!
Her quote reads like a genuine sarcastic comment poking fun at hipsters lmao

xace28x
Lurker
Lurker

Post by xace28x »

Long time lurker and all that jazz...glad to see she's taken that God-awful hate comment video down. Sadly she won't learn that people kicked off because it was a bad video made in very poor taste. No matter what she says on Twitter, all I got from the video is that she has an audience that cares about her wellbeing (if at times it was not expressed in the best way) and picks up on inconsistencies in what she's saying. I do get the impression that some YTers take things to heart when they really weren't meant in that way. IMO the internet is a place for discussion like the real world, and if most of the comments were in conversation round a table in the break room, for example, when people could clarify and it wasn't written down, I don't think many people would take offence. Again this possibly comes back to the fact that Lucy probs ought to go out and get a job to experience life in the real world and as a precaution before the savings dry up.

Perhaps YouTube ought to run a session for 'creators' distinguishing between constructive criticism/general curiosity and actual 'hate'/harassment? I know most of us in the real world can figure that out for ourselves but in light of this recent f*ck up, might have been a better use of their time in NYC than just teaching them how to grow their channels...

aheapingbowlofsalty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by aheapingbowlofsalty »

[youtube][/youtube]

So just for reference, this is what Lucy could have come away from the New York workshop/event with. Instead, she came back with a hangover and a video that continued to piss off her subscribers. I don't get it. How can someone's head be so far up their...?

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

aheapingbowlofsalty wrote:[youtube]<a class="vglnk" href="[/youtube" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>lSi7q2l3KIg</span><span>[/</span><span>youtube</span></a>]

So just for reference, this is what Lucy could have come away from the New York workshop/event with. Instead, she came back with a hangover and a video that continued to piss off her subscribers. I don't get it. How can someone's head be so far up their...?
lol, damn. that video is beautiful. it's everything lucy's videos try to be.

i do love lucy's 168 hour videos, though.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Another day, and yet another missed upload for Vlogmas. But she made sure to be out for 'Christmas drinks' with Banging Book Club.

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

If this was her job, she would be fired by now.

She needs to realise that she is unemployed and wasting away her savings.

Return to “Lucy Moon”