Kalyn Nicholson

Lizzurd
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Kalyn Nicholson

Post by Lizzurd »

Omg guys sorry for double posting but I kept thinking Arthur reminded me of someone but I couldnt put my finger on who... It just hit me. Mose Schrute!! (hopefully there are some office fans in here)

skinnylatte
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by skinnylatte »

Did she really just caption an IG post with 25 things you can do until the weather warms up? Can her minions not figure out things to do with their days without her help?

bakakashi
Learner
Learner

Post by bakakashi »

Lizzurd wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:23 am
Omg guys sorry for double posting but I kept thinking Arthur reminded me of someone but I couldnt put my finger on who... It just hit me. Mose Schrute!! (hopefully there are some office fans in here)
OMFG THE BEARD

Hopefulunicorn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Hopefulunicorn »

I would be very weary of this guy if I were her. He's going to get what he can from her (i.e. advertisement/fame for his photography) and leave (or cheat) when things get boring.

pokegeorgia
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by pokegeorgia »

OK I literally registered in this website because I finally found a thread online about Kalyn where other peple share my views and are not just kissing her butt on YT comments.
I definitely think she changes her personality with every dude she dates & unfortunately I don't give them more than 6 months to break up. Her latest spring video was terrible, barely any planning and we literally saw more of Arthur thank Kalyn. I really hope she can figure out her content and her schedule because, it may sound mean, but YouTube is her job and she hould pay more attention to it.

GoneGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GoneGirl »

Her hair looks awful.

ilychee
Debater
Debater

Post by ilychee »

I was curious about what you all meant by her wanting to get the video over with... wow 100% agree. What a waste of time (I made sure to click thumbs down + close the video so youtube knows I think it sucks lol).

I think she was annoyed because Arthur kept butting into her video and being an attention whore. He clearly loves that she has a big audience.

Once the honeymoon phase is over (I can see it ending soon), it's gonna be a wakeup call... he's just a horny immature attention whore, and she's an uptight self-conscious pretentious chick.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

pokegeorgia wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:35 pm
OK I literally registered in this website because I finally found a thread online about Kalyn where other peple share my views and are not just kissing her butt on YT comments.
I definitely think she changes her personality with every dude she dates & unfortunately I don't give them more than 6 months to break up. Her latest spring video was terrible, barely any planning and we literally saw more of Arthur thank Kalyn. I really hope she can figure out her content and her schedule because, it may sound mean, but YouTube is her job and she hould pay more attention to it.
Welcome to the forum! Many of us came here for the same reason you did... seeing a change in a YouTuber you used to enjoy watching and being unable to even bring up constructive criticism in the comment section because (a) you get pounced on, and/or (b) your comment just drowns in an ocean of worship and nobody actually engages in honest conversation.
ilychee wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:21 pm
I was curious about what you all meant by her wanting to get the video over with... wow 100% agree. What a waste of time (I made sure to click thumbs down + close the video so youtube knows I think it sucks lol).

I think she was annoyed because Arthur kept butting into her video and being an attention whore. He clearly loves that she has a big audience.

Once the honeymoon phase is over (I can see it ending soon), it's gonna be a wakeup call... he's just a horny immature attention whore, and she's an uptight self-conscious pretentious chick.
Yeah that's the reason I watched it, too... and it's honestly true - it's so visible that she just posted it to post 'anything'. Zero thought went into the video, she just filmed a bunch of 'brainfarts' until she had enough to edit together into something half-presentable. Even just the first "hey guys" sounds like "I'm just here to check this off my to-do list, I would rather be doing something else". Amazing how much disinterest she manages to pack into her tone. I'm surprised the comment section isn't more critical like the one on the other Koze video was.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

skinnylatte
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by skinnylatte »

So when they break up, is she going to delete or private all the videos with him? It seems so quick and eager to put him on YT at this early stage in the relationship.

pokegeorgia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pokegeorgia »

skinnylatte wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:45 am
So when they break up, is she going to delete or private all the videos with him? It seems so quick and eager to put him on YT at this early stage in the relationship.
Wow that's a great point, haven't thought about that! I wasn't around when she was with Ryan, but watching some of her old videos, though unlisted, she has kept the ones with Greg in. We'll see, though it does seem way too soon for her to involve him so heavily in her work.

ilychee
Debater
Debater

Post by ilychee »

DaylightAmy wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:36 am
Yeah that's the reason I watched it, too... and it's honestly true - it's so visible that she just posted it to post 'anything'. Zero thought went into the video, she just filmed a bunch of 'brainfarts' until she had enough to edit together into something half-presentable. Even just the first "hey guys" sounds like "I'm just here to check this off my to-do list, I would rather be doing something else". Amazing how much disinterest she manages to pack into her tone. I'm surprised the comment section isn't more critical like the one on the other Koze video was.
So true "amazing how much disinterest she manages to pack into her tone." It does feel like it was just something to check off her to do list.

I really don't think Arthur is a positive influence on her life, and it's reflected in her content. Her videos are as shallow as her relationship with him.

BabyHandsSam
Informer
Informer

Post by BabyHandsSam »

They both have the same weird dolphin doofy laugh

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Wow, her new video is basically a 16 minute ad for Lululemon running gear - and by 'basically' I mean actually. It's sponsored and on top of that she really goes hard on that advertisement feel.

Especially those opening shots kind of had me in stitches. She kind of hops and prances around in slow motion with full makeup on and hums "I run... to clear my head..."

:lol: Easy on the ham sis!

Phazin
Learner
Learner

Post by Phazin »

In her new running video, she gets mad at him for taking the camera while she is filming and then says, "You're cute, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap on you."
It is super clear that they aren't a good match and he annoys her. The way she looks at him isn't even with love or admiration it's more like "why are you like this"
She's using him for his talent and nothing more.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Phazin wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:05 am
In her new running video, she gets mad at him for taking the camera while she is filming and then says, "You're cute, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap on you."
It is super clear that they aren't a good match and he annoys her. The way she looks at him isn't even with love or admiration it's more like "why are you like this"
She's using him for his talent and nothing more.
And when they break up, and she simultaneously loses her videographer, stylist (basically) and cameraman, she's going to have an identity crisis the size of the Grand Canyon :roll: I mean Greg had nothing to do with her brand and channel and he already left her begging the universe to give her a sense of self and purpose. I can only imagine what happens when Greg's gone... all she's doing is creating a bigger void.

soulinaearthsuit
Informer
Informer

Post by soulinaearthsuit »

I feel like the annoying dolphin laugh every 5 seconds is bc shes hella uncomfortable around arthur. He is so freaking annoying. He literally acts like hes in high school. INCREDIBLY immature. He only ever compliments her by calling her hot. It’s never about who she is as a person or her talents/accomplishments. He CONSTANTLY does that stupid floss dance and fortnitr dances. Hes such an attention whore in EVERY video. I see him being the type to always have to be in control of everything in a relationship and always being the one who is right. He seems toxic im sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinnylatte
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by skinnylatte »

I finally watched that spring prep video after everyone said it was so bad and it was so cringeworthy. She needs to film when Arthur isn’t around as he distracts her when he’s walking around the background of the filming or when she’s looking at him for validation after she speaks. The video wasn’t even her usual style, music wise and all ”B-roll” footage shot by Arthur. All I can say is I did and will enjoy reading all the negative comments she gets left now in this over the top Arthur phase!

smokingandangry
Informer
Informer

Post by smokingandangry »

DaylightAmy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:25 am
Wow, her new video is basically a 16 minute ad for Lululemon running gear - and by 'basically' I mean actually. It's sponsored and on top of that she really goes hard on that advertisement feel.

Especially those opening shots kind of had me in stitches. She kind of hops and prances around in slow motion with full makeup on and hums "I run... to clear my head..."

:lol: Easy on the ham sis!
she's legitimately going to get in trouble if she doesn't start marking stuff the way it's legally required to be marked. i get that she's canadian, but the forces that be will legit come after her eventually. when you make a video that's an ad, it's required that you put "ad" in the title of the video. when you're being given a sponsored trip, it's required that you disclose it. these are actual laws, lol. not to mention, even if it weren't a law, it's morally super fucked up to let your audience believe something isn't an advertisement, when it totally is. creators don't like disclosing it because it loses them views, but lost views are better than selling your fucking soul.

i just checked my subs for an example of how poorly "ad" videos do when they're disclosed properly and found one, attached, from helen anderson. her ad video got less than half the views she normally gets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

soulinaearthsuit wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:47 am
I feel like the annoying dolphin laugh every 5 seconds is bc shes hella uncomfortable around arthur. He is so freaking annoying. He literally acts like hes in high school. INCREDIBLY immature. He only ever compliments her by calling her hot. It’s never about who she is as a person or her talents/accomplishments. He CONSTANTLY does that stupid floss dance and fortnitr dances. Hes such an attention whore in EVERY video. I see him being the type to always have to be in control of everything in a relationship and always being the one who is right. He seems toxic im sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not like you could call Kalyn mature :rofl: I think they're both equally cringy and annoying in their own ways. Also it's not like she had to be in relationship with him or has to be. It's common when you rush into new relationship and then realise it's not love.

leggunslave
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by leggunslave »

Still a few pages to read but so happy to hear I'm not the only one who thinks she's different with people (I haaaaate when she films with anyone) and her new content has been subpar. I was so addicted to her videos , I lived for vlogtober ...and now I rarely watch any.but haven't been able to put my finger on why it's so much harder to watch her when I was a total Stan. Though never have seen her IG so not that stany

Return to “Kalyn Nicholson”