Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carrie Potter and the Nine-Step Plan of Entitlement - Part 15

Post by toffeethegossip »

lemonbitter wrote:
ruthg19 wrote:ImageImage

Look at what Karen has been liking about GG on Twitter. Jesus christ....why does she find it so outrageous that other people have opinions of her that aren’t always fawning and filled with adoration? Get a fucking grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also, like,... we come here specifically because we don’t want to post our opinions under any posts or videos or whatsoever by the creator we dislike. I see this as a safe place to say what I think but I would never post that directly to a creator! But if you (=Karen) keep talking about this site and purposefully look for it then don’t complain. We didn’t seek you out, you came to us. „If you don’t like it, don’t follow“ goes for the one being gossiped about as well!
So they think Carrie is just classed as a Youtuber, no she is a musical theatre actress, so she needs to learn she will get criticism, even the people that have been in the business years still get it and she needs to accept it.

When I saw Rock of Ages, Antony Costa played Stacee Jaxx and personally I thought he didn't fit the part, Stacee is meant to be tall and skinny, Antony is very short especially against Jodie and also quite bulky but guess what? he is not going to get upset and go on a rant as he accepts he can't please all and I bought a ticket so I can have an opinion.

Lynndi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lynndi »

Ella_MoonandStars wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:41 am

I don‘t know if it works but sehe liked them two days ago

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Wow, I really liked that. Just shows that you don't have to belt it out to be heard.
#justiceformiles #cakegate2k19

blackvelvetband
Learner
Learner

Post by blackvelvetband »

maybe being in this group will motivate her to better herself? maybe a bit out of jealousy but just also from being around well-trained and disciplined performers she can learn from. i'm actually pretty excited to see what comes of this.

Post by Guest »

Just been binge watching Amy Lovatts videos and came across this video from about a year ago.
I think Carrie could learn a thing or two from her.

Post by Guest »

I feel like there's definitely been a lack of Care Bear yawning selfies. This may be a record! I guess she does listen to GG after all

Margo_Channing
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Margo_Channing »

CatSheldon wrote: Just been binge watching Amy Lovatts videos and came across this video from about a year ago.
I think Carrie could learn a thing or two from her.
I love Amy! She's fabulous!! Yes Carrie could learn from her

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

I just re-watched her Haters Gonna Hate/Twerp video and something hit me!
When she says how she feels that she has to correct or engage with people who've formed an opinion 'based on misinformation' I was just reminded of a friend I had at primary school who wrote her own replies to the teacher's marking in all of her books!
I'm being absolutely serious! We could only have been about 7 or 8 but it was like she was marking the teacher's marking!
So if she'd got the standard 'Good work! Well done!' she'd reply with 'Thank you so much! I worked really hard on this!' and if it was something less 'nice' she'd write something like 'That's not what I meant! If you go back and read this section blah blah blah blah!'
Also the bit where CHF says 'I just want to explain it to them so they can then be nice again!' WOW! Oh My God! Really? Anyone who doesn't like you or like the things you like isn't nice? She has such a narrow world view! On paper me and my best friend should not get on at all. She likes everything I hate like Jane Austen and Harry Potter and she hates stuff I love like Charles Dickens and massive Russian novels (we're extremely bookish!). If I thought like CHF I'd be constantly arguing with her about why her opinions are wrong to 'make her be nice again'.
People have different opinions, feelings and experiences. If we were all the same the world would be very boring.

BlackRose24
Learner
Learner

Post by BlackRose24 »

Helianthus1567 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:34 am
When she says how she feels that she has to correct or engage with people who've formed an opinion 'based on misinformation' I was just reminded of a friend I had at primary school who wrote her own replies to the teacher's marking in all of her books!
I'm being absolutely serious! We could only have been about 7 or 8 but it was like she was marking the teacher's marking!
So if she'd got the standard 'Good work! Well done!' she'd reply with 'Thank you so much! I worked really hard on this!' and if it was something less 'nice' she'd write something like 'That's not what I meant! If you go back and read this section blah blah blah blah!'
Also the bit where CHF says 'I just want to explain it to them so they can then be nice again!' WOW! Oh My God! Really? Anyone who doesn't like you or like the things you like isn't nice? She has such a narrow world view! On paper me and my best friend should not get on at all. She likes everything I hate like Jane Austen and Harry Potter and she hates stuff I love like Charles Dickens and massive Russian novels (we're extremely bookish!). If I thought like CHF I'd be constantly arguing with her about why her opinions are wrong to 'make her be nice again'.
People have different opinions, feelings and experiences. If we were all the same the world would be very boring.
That's so funny about writing back to the teacher's marking :rofl: To be fair, Carrie did preface the video by saying she was only talking about people who say genuinely nasty things and wish bad on her. So if we take that definition then it makes sense she wants to make them "nice again". However, she then goes on in the rest of the video to make it pretty clear she's only talking about this site...and that's not the vibe I get from here at all, there's very little actual hate. I don't know what it was like 4 years ago though so maybe it's changed? It actually makes me sad to think it's been 4 years and she's still regularly reading here and getting upset over it, I think she needs to take some of her own advice for sure.

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

BlackRose24 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:27 am
Helianthus1567 wrote:
That's so funny about writing back to the teacher's marking :rofl: To be fair, Carrie did preface the video by saying she was only talking about people who say genuinely nasty things and wish bad on her. So if we take that definition then it makes sense she wants to make them "nice again". However, she then goes on in the rest of the video to make it pretty clear she's only talking about this site...and that's not the vibe I get from here at all, there's very little actual hate. I don't know what it was like 4 years ago though so maybe it's changed? It actually makes me sad to think it's been 4 years and she's still regularly reading here and getting upset over it, I think she needs to take some of her own advice for sure.
Maybe we should start tweeting her a link to this video every time she has a meltdown about this site! No caption or explanations - just the link!
The other thing that pisses me off about her whole Bambi-esque 'if you've got nothing nice to say don't say anything at all'/'only love is spoken here' schtick is how she goes on giant mega-rants about things that mildly irritate her! Do you remember that 'Punish Yourself Buff' ad she still makes references to? She did an ig post, a blog post and a whole video about it! She could've just walked past it but she decided to give them loads of free publicity! At one point I did comment on the video asking if she'd been paid by the company to make such a fuss!

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

She retweeted this. She really does think Carrie is a unique name doesn't she? :rofl:
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

ruthg19
Debater
Debater

Post by ruthg19 »

Someone on a musical theatre group on Facebook that I’m in got a TATTOO of CHF. First of all, mega cringe. Second of all, if Karen ever finds out about this, her head will inflate to an insufferable degree.

Post by Guest »

ruthg19 wrote:Image

Someone on a musical theatre group on Facebook that I’m in got a TATTOO of CHF. First of all, mega cringe. Second of all, if Karen ever finds out about this, her head will inflate to an insufferable degree.

Looks nothing like Karen tho :D

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

LylaJovana wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:48 am

She retweeted this. She really does think Carrie is a unique name doesn't she? :rofl:
Nobody in the history of language has ever struggled to say 'Carrie', 'Hope' or 'Fletcher'.
Maybe if she had a name like Quvenzhané Wallis or Lupita Nyong'o or Chiwetel Ejiofor.
My name is Erin and I've had people call me Aaron, Irene, Iran and Earring at various points. If I had a really common straightforward name like 'Carrie' I'd be laughing!

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

lemonbitter wrote:
ruthg19 wrote:Image

Looks nothing like Karen tho :D
Honestly that’s probably a blessing in disguise. Not that Carrie isn’t pretty, but I wouldn’t want her face recognizable on me forever Image

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

Helianthus1567 wrote:
LylaJovana wrote:

Nobody in the history of language has ever struggled to say 'Carrie', 'Hope' or 'Fletcher'.
Maybe if she had a name like Quvenzhané Wallis or Lupita Nyong'o or Chiwetel Ejiofor.
My name is Erin and I've had people call me Aaron, Irene, Iran and Earring at various points. If I had a really common straightforward name like 'Carrie' I'd be laughing!
Carrie has about the most basic English sounding name imaginable. She seriously needs to get it through her head that easy to mishear =/= hard to pronounce/spell.
My name is Alex and I forever get Alice written on things because it’s easy to mishear, but I don’t go around like my name is so uncommon and exotic that no one can possibly understand what it is to write it on a fucking coffee cup.

If you can find your name on a personalized gift in a souvenir shop, then you can’t ever complain that it’s uncommon Image

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

Can someone please tweet her a screen grab of that tattoo?!

Catch_ZZ
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Catch_ZZ »

Helianthus1567 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:43 am
BlackRose24 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:27 am
Helianthus1567 wrote:
Maybe we should start tweeting her a link to this video every time she has a meltdown about this site! No caption or explanations - just the link!
The other thing that pisses me off about her whole Bambi-esque 'if you've got nothing nice to say don't say anything at all'/'only love is spoken here' schtick is how she goes on giant mega-rants about things that mildly irritate her! Do you remember that 'Punish Yourself Buff' ad she still makes references to? She did an ig post, a blog post and a whole video about it! She could've just walked past it but she decided to give them loads of free publicity! At one point I did comment on the video asking if she'd been paid by the company to make such a fuss!
Rewatching the video it’s crazy just how much she’s changed it felt like watching an entirely different person talking about criticism. It seems like she used to be much more aware that ignoring hate was the best way to go about it and it was her responsibility not to see it, whereas now it’s like we’re all personally responsible for her feeling shitty when she actively looks for it and stirs things up. Also found it rly interesting how she saw constructive criticism positively when now she doesn’t seem to know what that even is.
She really does appear so negative now compared to back then where she came across as more bubbly and positive, obviously we have no idea what’s actually going on with her but it definitely seems like she’s going through something to have changed her outlook that much.

Lynndi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lynndi »

Karri Hope-i-spelt-it-right Fletcher
#justiceformiles #cakegate2k19

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

LylaJovana wrote:

“Own her powerful heritage” Carrie is a middle class, blonde, white girl living in the country of her birth.

Try having a Polish or a Sri Lankan or Irish name.

Carrie honestly thinks her name is hard to pronounce. She’s deluded
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

Post by Guest »

Reading here really did wonders for her work ethic !

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”