It's Way Past My Ability to Handle Criticism (Part 6)

Rose57
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Way Past My Ability to Handle Criticism (Part 5)

Post by Rose57 »

MysteryGuest wrote:Carrie’s just posted an insta story of Oliver and he has this horrified smile and openly says “Why are you filming me?” at the end. Totes. Awks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

she does this to him ALL the time. its so freaking awkwardddd T_T

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

[tweet][/tweet]

People actually think sweet sunshine Carrie has to be taught to use the middle finger? Poor, innocent little sunflower being corrupted. :rofl:
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

Rose57 wrote:
MysteryGuest wrote:Carrie’s just posted an insta story of Oliver and he has this horrified smile and openly says “Why are you filming me?” at the end. Totes. Awks.

she does this to him ALL the time. its so freaking awkwardddd T_T
Their relationship just seems so stilted and unnatural. Even before he realises he's being filmed it seems like all they do is sit about, Oliver watching TV/playing games whilst Carrie silently watches him. Weird. I feel like she's totally besotted with him and he's just kinda there.

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

...and another one. This girl. :roll:
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

Post by Guest »

Lol so I made an insta today for a project I'm working on and finally was able to check out her story. I now see what you guys are saying, she needs to be more mature about her relationship. Maybe she is this possessive online because she is still recovering from the Alex situation, where he wouldn't let her post about him because he wanted to cheat?

Kimzzzz
Learner
Learner

Post by Kimzzzz »

LylaJovana wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

People actually think sweet sunshine Carrie has to be taught to use the middle finger? Poor, innocent little sunflower being corrupted. :rofl:
'Mega bad ass' :rofl: oh dear god, these hopefuls are just PRECIOUS :HK:

MsMaybe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsMaybe »

Kimzzzz wrote:
LylaJovana wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

'Mega bad ass' :rofl: oh dear god, these hopefuls are just PRECIOUS :HK:
Her fans are BEYOND cringe.

I remember when she swore in a video (I think one of Emma’s) and they were all hyperventilating in the comments because she said a “bad word”. :roll:

getinmymachine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by getinmymachine »

Oohthedrama_ wrote:I’ve just realised what you guys mean by “hopefuls” and wow.
*Jaw dropped* I’m almost dying with embarrassment at that. Does she really (with a straight face) call her fans that?!
Not only that, but she managed to reference the name in one of her previous books. I haven't read it but it's mentioned in this excellent review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1 ... ction=true

Just like her acting roles, she will never let you forget that THIS IS CARRIE when you're reading her novels.

Kimzzzz
Learner
Learner

Post by Kimzzzz »

getinmymachine wrote:
*Jaw dropped* I’m almost dying with embarrassment at that. Does she really (with a straight face) call her fans that?!
Not only that, but she managed to reference the name in one of her previous books. I haven't read it but it's mentioned in this excellent review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1 ... ction=true

Just like her acting roles, she will never let you forget that THIS IS CARRIE when you're reading her novels.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading that review! I'm surprised Carrie didn't track the author down and send her swarm of Hopefuls after them...

nym
Debater
Debater

Post by nym »

Sometimes the videos and photos she posts of Oliver remind me of how people share videos/photos of their pets (or babies): unaware, while they're doing something the "owner" finds cute. She very rarely posts something of them together, it's only Oliver while he doesn't know he's being filmed.
English is not my native language, please forgive any mistakes

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

So the hard working actress with no time for a social life or for forming an adult relationship with her boyfriend just posted that she woke up at 12:45. Life is hard. I pity her. (For other reasons.)

Kimzzzz
Learner
Learner

Post by Kimzzzz »

HippoFriend wrote:So the hard working actress with no time for a social life or for forming an adult relationship with her boyfriend just posted that she woke up at 12:45. Life is hard. I pity her. (For other reasons.)
I follow Sophie Isaacs (Heather Mac) on Instagram and she posted herself going for a run in the pouring rain at about 9:00am this morning... Just sayin

inkspells
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by inkspells »

Kimzzzz wrote:
HippoFriend wrote:So the hard working actress with no time for a social life or for forming an adult relationship with her boyfriend just posted that she woke up at 12:45. Life is hard. I pity her. (For other reasons.)
I follow Sophie Isaacs (Heather Mac) on Instagram and she posted herself going for a run in the pouring rain at about 9:00am this morning... Just sayin
Yeah Carrie thinks she has no time but its really just that shes a lazy ass who spends the morning in bed. You lose so much of the day when you sleep all morning.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Rose57
Informer
Informer

Post by Rose57 »

laylee wrote:

Lol so I made an insta today for a project I'm working on and finally was able to check out her story. I now see what you guys are saying, she needs to be more mature about her relationship. Maybe she is this possessive online because she is still recovering from the Alex situation, where he wouldn't let her post about him because he wanted to cheat?
They had a very public relationship so I disagree. At the time he even made an entire video documenting him like preparing a Valentine's day dinner or some BS I forget. But their relationship was very public imo. I think she just likes to annoy him and make it seem like she's very busy and working very hard and she comes home to Oliver who makes her dinner and plays videogames.

Post by Guest »

getinmymachine wrote:

My favorite part is this reply, by a deleted user, which is obviously Carrie:

Well in my experience, a lot of authors like to use fragments of their own life or things they have experienced or have knowledge in, or base characters off of themselves such as J.K Rowling. Vain or not, this is a common thing to do, and I don't see a problem with it. However, technicality and syntax/grammar execution is a whole other story. Carrie is clearly not a legendary classical writer, and even if there are two dimensional characters and no depth such as mentioned, that does not demean the story or should not. Sorry if it's not good enough for you but to me its a light hearted quirk!

blue_bird
Learner
Learner

Post by blue_bird »

I'm now reading all the 1/2 star reviews on goodreads and everyone is complaining about the same thing: Carrie/Pete are the MCs, the Evie is a mary sue and completely flat, the setting is confusing, the magical realism is done poorly and multiple sexualities are shoehorned in.

And a lot of these are people who bought/read the book because of Carrie.

MsMaybe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsMaybe »

inkspells wrote:
Kimzzzz wrote:
Yeah Carrie thinks she has no time but its really just that shes a lazy ass who spends the morning in bed. You lose so much of the day when you sleep all morning.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
But Carrie is the hardest working, person in the world ever and she just NEEDS 12 hours sleep every night... :roll:

Also totally agree that the sexualities are shoehorned in. It’s like “This is Steve. Steve is bi. Bi is when you like two genders”...same with her other book, she shoehorned in that one of the characters had dwarfism (I am sorry if that’s not the correct term)...and that the main character was black (or darker skinned). Like it’s great to write minorities but subtle is not a word Carrie knows. Show not tell.

You wouldn’t write “Sarah was white,” because it just sounds clunky. :roll:

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

My favorite part is this reply, by a deleted user, which is obviously Carrie:

Well in my experience, a lot of authors like to use fragments of their own life or things they have experienced or have knowledge in, or base characters off of themselves such as J.K Rowling. Vain or not, this is a common thing to do, and I don't see a problem with it. However, technicality and syntax/grammar execution is a whole other story. Carrie is clearly not a legendary classical writer, and even if there are two dimensional characters and no depth such as mentioned, that does not demean the story or should not. Sorry if it's not good enough for you but to me its a light hearted quirk![/quote]

Oh my god that's definitely her! I can't believe her excuse either - "so what if it's badly written, that's the charm of it!!!2111!!" :roll:

Post by Guest »

fgururu wrote:My favorite part is this reply, by a deleted user, which is obviously Carrie:

Well in my experience, a lot of authors like to use fragments of their own life or things they have experienced or have knowledge in, or base characters off of themselves such as J.K Rowling. Vain or not, this is a common thing to do, and I don't see a problem with it. However, technicality and syntax/grammar execution is a whole other story. Carrie is clearly not a legendary classical writer, and even if there are two dimensional characters and no depth such as mentioned, that does not demean the story or should not. Sorry if it's not good enough for you but to me its a light hearted quirk!
Oh my god that's definitely her! I can't believe her excuse either - "so what if it's badly written, that's the charm of it!!!2111!!" :roll:[/quote]

Lmao yeah she doesn't realize that even lighthearted books meant to be beach reads still need to create an interesting story and convey it well with language. She's writing off her terrible English with the book's genre, which is just sad.

I watched and insta Q&A done by an actual author yesterday and her advice to aspiring authors is to attend writing workshops, as learning how to give and receive criticism is vital for good writing. She also suggested that people who can't take criticism well shouldn't become authors because it's a series of criticisms. Carrie will never have to learn this lesson because she can just exploit her 10 year olds for money.

shootingstars45
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shootingstars45 »

Hahaha has anyone seen the tweet where a girl wishes she had the 'calm' of Carrie??

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”