Carrie Hopelessly Devoted To Oliver Ormson (Part 4)

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Carrie Hopelessly Devoted To Oliver Ormson (Part 4)

Post by Silent Q »

I’ll admit I posted before watching all of her stories about this. And now that I’ve seen them, it’s worse than I thought. Her argument is that she’d rather take her fans’ money than the thoughtfully picked out or handmade gifts they bring her at stage door and on her book tours because she just throws the gifts away.

She mentions in her stories that people have ignored her saying “you don’t have to buy me gifts” but is she really surprised? I’m sorry, but telling people they’re not obligated to buy you gifts, and then spending a whole video doing shoutouts to fans who gave you stuff, isn’t exactly discouraging people from bringing gifts.

videostar
Debater
Debater

Re: Carrie Hopelessly Devoted To Oliver Ormson (Part 4)

Post by videostar »

I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever imply they'd rather be paid, than receive gifts from their fans. I haven't watched the insta-stories, as I don't have Instagram, but I trust your reactions. Who does she think she is?

Often creators encourage fans to buy merchandise to support them, so the fan at least gets something out it, or to donate to a good cause on their behalf. But to brazenly state you'd prefer money than a gift because you just throw them away? :FU:

hipsterdoofus
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hipsterdoofus »

I have been lurking GG for a while but finally made an account after this Patreon situation. I've been watching Carrie for a long time and have felt iffy over quite a few things she's done (always something to do with exploiting her audience) but this takes the cake. She added a link on her blog to a Ko-Fi page, where she hints at a potential podcast she may be starting. It astounds me that someone who just went to Disneyworld for two weeks, openly spends oodles at Lush, and lives alone in a beautiful London flat feels it's appropriate to ask her young audience for even more money. A vast majority of the replies to her Patreon query were against her asking for funds, yet she went on and did it anyway.

I agree with those here that commented on the fact that she says, "no gifts" but proceeds to film videos of herself opening them and reading the names and such. At 13, I absolutely would have sent her a package just to be acknowledged on camera like that. There is no doubt in my mind that her fans will continue to bring her gifts AND support her Ko-Fi. It feels so wrong to continue watching her videos and giving her more views after this. However, it's like a train wreck and I can't look away.

Post by Guest »

I sincerely never would have thought that she would be the type to do something like that. I have my problems with Carrie but I always saw her as someone quite responsible with her channel and the fact that she has a young impressionable audience. Carrie from a few years ago would have never asked money like that from her audience of so many 13-14 y-o (and younger!). She really did change and I can’t help but feel disappointed and disgusted by her behavior.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

So what I got was "I don't give an eff about your homemade presents, I just want your money"
-english is not my first language-

MsMaybe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsMaybe »

Sad thing is a lot of her fans won’t have jobs because they’re teenagers so likely still at school, they’ll be asking their parents to donate, the parents will (quite rightly) say no, and the fan will feel bad that he/she can’t support princess Carrie in the way she wants...

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

I always found the whole notion of "Please don't feel obligated to give me gifts... now I'm going to sit here and show everyone all of the gifts that other people have given me" thing that she did really disingenuous to begin with. Sure, you may be supremely grateful but you can show that by simply saying thank you to that person when you meet them and they give you a gift. There was never any reason for Carrie to broadcast those gifts on any public platform. Either she secretly wanted people to keep on giving her gifts and was faking the disclaimer (up until it started getting out of control and she didn't want to deal with it anymore) or she's was just really not being very smart and didn't think it through. Of course if you keep talking about all the gifts then people will keep on giving you gifts, even if you tell them not to. Actions, not words. Either way, Carrie is the one who created this fan gift culture, now she's sick of it and is backtracking.

Razzmatazz
Informer
Informer

Post by Razzmatazz »

I couldn’t get over how she said stuff gets left behind. She didn’t even say she donates it to charity or even gives it to the staff working at the book shop she’s in.

I guess anything that’s worth anything like jewellery and lush she manages to take with her but it’s the homemade stuff that just gets binned...

Blossom17
Learner
Learner

Post by Blossom17 »

Setting up a Patreon just helps Carrie avoid stage door. She wants to swap gifts (mostly from penniless teenagers) for (non-fan contact) cash to pay for her ‘creative endeavours’, while she spends her own money on expensive trips to Disney.
It’s hilarious that she doesn’t see the irony in asking for money while lying on a King size bed in one of Disney’s most expensive hotels.

Blossom17
Learner
Learner

Post by Blossom17 »

675FBA98-9780-45B4-B86E-5AC5DF3617FD.png
Did anyone catch this yesterday? The double standards really bother me. She never considers that she is doing the same thing to other people who are in the background of her videos. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

She's such a liar. On twitter she states "I have little-to-no views on it (patreon)" yet on one of her instagram stories she said she has a massive internal struggle with it?!
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheeseandpickles »

I thought it was understood that she throws away most gifts and that's why people get her Lush because they know she'll actually keep it. I swear it was during Chitty where it was heavily implied what she cannot find space for in her suitcase was thrown away.

I'm not surprised she's willing to take money from the parents of young girls exploit that girl power vibe she keeps selling them. She will take and take while she can.

penguins
Talker
Talker

Post by penguins »

Blossom17 wrote:
675FBA98-9780-45B4-B86E-5AC5DF3617FD.png
Did anyone catch this yesterday? The double standards really bother me. She never considers that she is doing the same thing to other people who are in the background of her videos. :roll:
There was also that time when she was at one of Tom’s book events and was told off by security (rightly so) for taking photographs where non-consenting children would have been in the frame as well. I remember her having a right strop on social media because she had been ‘wronged’.

I saw this on twitter and immediately thought of Carrie

You can swap Oxford with most of her projects and clever with hard working/talented.

1rltroll
Learner
Learner

Post by 1rltroll »

New thread suggestions? :rofl:

Carrie Hopelessly Entitled Fletcher

Carrie Hopelessly Ignorant to Privellage Fletcher

It’s Way Past My Paycheck To Greet My Fans

LaFleche
Informer
Informer

Post by LaFleche »

1rltroll wrote:New thread suggestions? :rofl:

It’s Way Past My Paycheck To Greet My Fans :rofl: I'M CRYING
Not a native English speaker, thank you.

[som3thing]
Debater
Debater

Post by [som3thing] »

LaFleche wrote:
1rltroll wrote:New thread suggestions? :rofl:

It’s Way Past My Paycheck To Greet My Fans :rofl: I'M CRYING
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: it's gold

can we have: "It’s Way Past My Paycheck To Greet My Fans (Carrie Hopelessly Entitled Fletcher)" or is it way too long? cause let's be real it's an amazing title, very fitting
<3

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

I like "Carrie Hopelessly Entitled Fletcher" but I think aggressive should be in there somewhere. That seems to be her main trait these days. Aggressive entitlement.
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

1rltroll
Learner
Learner

Post by 1rltroll »

Haha! Glad you guys like it. Been working on my MA thesis today and that title is the best thing I’ve come up with all day :tu:

Acciolatte

Post by Acciolatte »

Well I've been come at on twitter for offering an opinion when she askedfor one. Like an idiot.

Post by Guest »

Wow. Just wow! :o :o :o :o :o :o This woman refuses to see how hideously she is behaving right now. Manipulative.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”