Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Carrie Hopeless Fletcher part 3

Post by Silent Q »

Silent Q wrote:Image

Let’s start a poll! Will she have a meet and greet at her Carrie-only event or will she have another fit of “buying a ticket doesn’t give you the right to meet the performer!!!”

Of course. Lmao Image

Up to £35 more for a VIP ticket vs a regular ticket so that you can “have a chance to speak with Carrie”? Well, essentially each spend one minute with Carrie. Is she for real?

If anyone has been watching her Twitter, she’s retweeting people saying they HAD TO BUY TICKETS BECAUSE CARRIE IS THEIR FAVORITE PERSON and other excited and/or obsessive sentiments. Every once in a while I think I’m starting to see a more humble Carrie and then she goes and does things like fill her Twitter with people saying how great she is. And not just like three or four tweets. My entire feed this morning was retweets from Carrie showing how much everyone loves her. I counted at least eleven. Image

2emma1
Talker
Talker

Re: Carrie Hopeless Fletcher part 3

Post by 2emma1 »

Silent Q wrote:

Of course. Lmao Image
¨
omg :rofl: the capital "NOT"

Flickfox
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Flickfox »

Silent Q wrote:I'm not sure what this is going to do because I don't know how to imbed videos but I'll give it a try and here's at least a link:
https://youtu.be/SXwezisR6Ww

This video with clips from Addams came up as a related video to her WMW and I have to say... the combination of her acting and the staging/direction is very "high school theater." So was Oliver's "surprised face" in the dinner scene clip when the woman drinks from the cup (I'm not really sure exactly what's going on because I'm not familiar with the show). I'm really surprised at the acting quality for the show honestly. Guess the spent the budget on the sets and travel costs. The woman who sings in the last clip was pretty good, she wasn't overdramatic and annoying.

And I've not been a fan of Carrie's costume since it was revealed but seeing it onstage in motion, it looks so bad! What was the costume designer thinking?? The corset doesn't even match the right black shade of the dress and the skirt is so poofy, it's so unflattering on her. It doesn't really seem to "go with" anyone else's costumes either, it's just really out of place.
What on earth is that accent she is doing? It sounds SO bad and out of place!

One would think that they actually put money into hair and costumes in this production but both her costume and the wigs in these clips looks so bad. The wigs are so obvious and look cheap. I seriously wonder why they didn't go with the wigs from the promo pictures. Those wigs looked soo good!
Bare with me, english is not my native language. (:

Jojoloves
Learner
Learner

Post by Jojoloves »

I wonder how many of the Hopefuls from the Hopeful group on facebook are here hahaha

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

She looks 4 sizes bigger than she actually is :o The wig is horrible for her face. She may be a good singer but her acting is so horrible.

The production looks so cheap, I feel like her career is slowly ending.

catty_lurker
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by catty_lurker »

Flickfox wrote:
Silent Q wrote:I'm not sure what this is going to do because I don't know how to imbed videos but I'll give it a try and here's at least a link:
https://youtu.be/SXwezisR6Ww

This video with clips from Addams came up as a related video to her WMW and I have to say... the combination of her acting and the staging/direction is very "high school theater." So was Oliver's "surprised face" in the dinner scene clip when the woman drinks from the cup (I'm not really sure exactly what's going on because I'm not familiar with the show). I'm really surprised at the acting quality for the show honestly. Guess the spent the budget on the sets and travel costs. The woman who sings in the last clip was pretty good, she wasn't overdramatic and annoying.

And I've not been a fan of Carrie's costume since it was revealed but seeing it onstage in motion, it looks so bad! What was the costume designer thinking?? The corset doesn't even match the right black shade of the dress and the skirt is so poofy, it's so unflattering on her. It doesn't really seem to "go with" anyone else's costumes either, it's just really out of place.
What on earth is that accent she is doing? It sounds SO bad and out of place!

One would think that they actually put money into hair and costumes in this production but both her costume and the wigs in these clips looks so bad. The wigs are so obvious and look cheap. I seriously wonder why they didn't go with the wigs from the promo pictures. Those wigs looked soo good!

I went to see Addams in Bradford and it was actually pretty good, the weird angle in those clips is really off putting. The whole cast just seemed better (Though Oli was super wooden and weird). I didn't think it was particularly funny though... more like trying too hard.

Also, Carries costume actually looks green and black even though it's supposed to be black on black... That velvet was a big fail. I don't think it's what Wednesday would wear when she was older at all...

Sidenote: The accents were ALL laughable except for Morticia, Samantha Womack was really good (although another huge costume fail).

Jojoloves
Learner
Learner

Post by Jojoloves »

I dont get that costume either, what is the point of the velvet with that horrible corset, it doesnt fit her body, it makes her look fatter and the wig needs to be changed

m11
Talker
Talker

Post by m11 »

I agree about her new solo show meet and greet stuff being ridiculous but I do have to defend Addams. I saw it and thought it was great, Gomez especially was phenomenal. I think the show is supposed to be somewhat “campy” and over the top in terms of Lucas and Wednesday being in love.

Buttercup1234
Talker
Talker

Post by Buttercup1234 »

Hahahahahaha she's charging twice as much if people want to meet her and MAYBE spend about 45 seconds with her? I didn't think her entitled little head could get any more conceited and greedy, but she continues to surprise.

Jojoloves
Learner
Learner

Post by Jojoloves »

to be honest plenty of artists do meet and greets and they cost more than a simple ticket and they are 30 to 1 hour, so i cant fault her for that

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silent Q »

Jojoloves wrote:to be honest plenty of artists do meet and greets and they cost more than a simple ticket and they are 30 to 1 hour, so i cant fault her for that
Uhhhh yeah, maybe like Ariana Grande or Ed Sheeran. But Carrie wants people to pay £30 to “get to be in the same room with her and maybe speak to her” when her main fan base is 8-16 year olds from YouTube? That’s a really steep price for someone of her status, not to mention a really awkward way to host a meet and greet for her demographic.

At least now we know why she’s been avoiding stage door: Can’t give away the chance to be in her presence for free! Image

Jojoloves
Learner
Learner

Post by Jojoloves »

The meet and greet its legit, i cant call her out on that, if you want to pay for it great, otherwise you dont. You dont have to, i have been to meet and greets and depending on the artist that half an hour is a great experience.

Jojoloves
Learner
Learner

Post by Jojoloves »

Not that id pay to see her, spending time with her fake ass smile and a pack of 14 year olds IS NOT a dream of mine

Cake8991
Learner
Learner

Post by Cake8991 »

m11 wrote:I agree about her new solo show meet and greet stuff being ridiculous but I do have to defend Addams. I saw it and thought it was great, Gomez especially was phenomenal. I think the show is supposed to be somewhat “campy” and over the top in terms of Lucas and Wednesday being in love.
I have to agree with what you say here.Meet and greets are the norm these days at these kinds of events however she could be charging less for them.I also thoroughly enjoyed Addams and its definitely the best tour production I have every seen,with most of them looking rather cheap and shoddily put together.Ive heard nothing but good things from people who have been to see the show although I can understand its not to everyone's taste.

FluffyFace
Learner
Learner

Post by FluffyFace »

After seeing Dan and Phil's M&G prices I think Carrie's is a bargain, I'm going to one of the smallest venues on their tour and the M&G tickets were £160! I know they're bigger in the YouTube community but tbh I don't think £60 is a bad price to pay to meet a "celebrity" you admire anyway. 30 people in 30 minutes is ridiculous though.

snailmayor
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by snailmayor »

Jojoloves wrote:The meet and greet its legit, i cant call her out on that, if you want to pay for it great, otherwise you dont. You dont have to, i have been to meet and greets and depending on the artist that half an hour is a great experience.
i agree. carrie has a lot of fans who DO adore her, and who WILL be happy to pay that much (i would pay a lot more to meet my favorite artists, even for a minute tbh). and since it's dedicated time for fans (unlike stage door where it's after work) carrie will probably be really sweet with everyone and make their day. i'm sure she'll get to everyone even if it runs long. i don't judge her at all.

Scram-im-reading
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Scram-im-reading »

I'm a little confused. What's disappointing and funny?
wooyww wrote:
Silent Q wrote:
Scraps-Of-Adventure wrote:Insta story of Carrie at the zoo feeding a domesticated elephant..... soooooo disapointing...
As if we needed any more proof she reads here:

Oh my god that’s so obvious it’s actually funny haha

(Off Topic I guess but can someone tell me what happened with this moonscale account)

Post by Guest »

Scram-im-reading wrote:I'm a little confused. What's disappointing and funny?
wooyww wrote:
Silent Q wrote:
Scraps-Of-Adventure wrote:Insta story of Carrie at the zoo feeding a domesticated elephant..... soooooo disapointing...
As if we needed any more proof she reads here:

Oh my god that’s so obvious it’s actually funny haha

(Off Topic I guess but can someone tell me what happened with this moonscale account)
I think they meant it was disappointing that she was supporting the domestication of elephants cos it's a pretty unethical practice, and then after that was posted Carrie pointed out the video of her supporting wildlife conservation- like it was a deliberate response to show that of course she's actually all about the animals and eco-conservation

Post by Guest »

After her quitting vegetarianism I highly doubt she cares about animals to be fair

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silent Q »

Scraps-Of-Adventure wrote:After her quitting vegetarianism I highly doubt she cares about animals to be fair
Oh geez, this is not the right place to start a vegetarianism campaign. Image

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”