ilikeweylie Part 3 - Girrrrrrl Is Not So Smart

lurkerdoodle
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ilikeweylie Part 3 - Girrrrrrl Is Not So Smart

Post by lurkerdoodle »

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I don't frequent Weylie's thread often.

Is it just me or does their Cantonese sound....off? It's hard to describe but it has a weird harsh accent. It bothers me more than their bad English, lol.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

lurkerdoodle wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:22 pm
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I don't frequent Weylie's thread often.

Is it just me or does their Cantonese sound....off? It's hard to describe but it has a weird harsh accent. It bothers me more than their bad English, lol.
We've talked about it before but who knows how long ago, lol. You're right though. Their Canto accent is not an HK accent. I think it's a Guangdong/village accent.

Also, when Wah bought the salted plums, he used the wrong "thank you". I'm pretty sure the shop didn't just gift those to him.
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Ugh. Sorry for the double post. But fuck. Weylie is such a pine cone. She thought morning glory was spinach. WTF? Not even close.
She also totally fucked up reading the character 松.

Does anyone else really not enjoy watching when Michi sees them again after they've been away. Like, I know it's just Michi's way of showing how excited she is, but to me, it sounds like her separation anxiety is really major. Even though she stays with one of their moms, it's like she feels abandoned.
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

chena
Informer
Informer

Post by chena »

LivingInElysium wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:19 pm
lurkerdoodle wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:22 pm

We've talked about it before but who knows how long ago, lol. You're right though. Their Canto accent is not an HK accent. I think it's a Guangdong/village accent.

Also, when Wah bought the salted plums, he used the wrong "thank you". I'm pretty sure the shop didn't just gift those to him.
I know it's been discussed many times but I still find it very odd that two people (who grew up in the US) from different families somehow ended up with the same village accent. Actually, I always thought their accent sounds like they're mimicking those super old school dramas where people fly around with swords etc. It's like they both watched these dramas and thought that was what hk Cantonese should sound like? I cringe when they're in HK bc you can tell they both think they sound like locals when hk people probably think they travelled thru time by light speed from 1934 lmao. I've heard weylie's mom speak Cantonese and she does not have a mainland village accent so it's all very confusing.

wonderstruckp
Talker
Talker

Post by wonderstruckp »

yams wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:17 pm
watching wah cooking in a van and weylie running around doing work for womn AND helping wah edit the backed up vlogs made me really ask wtf wah actually does
i'm sorry, but what is his job if not working on the channel? you go on walks with the dogs 2-3 times a day, clean the house, cook, i mean but there are people who do those things + have full time jobs?
The difference between where they are in life is jarring. It makes me feel so sad seeing her being with someone who is not ambitious while clearly Weylie is constantly working towards something. Wah literally said he got bored so he made that Hello Fresh cooking in the van video and he might delete it. Like what?

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Another vlog, another opportunity for Wah to confirm our belief that he is a useless mooch. Ordering salted egg yolk chips from Singapore ... he's got 20 items in his cart and shipping is $47. Dude. Watching that clip made me angry. Weylie was already asking how much it was. And he's acting like a little boy caught in the act of misbehaving. "But mommy pleeeease?! Please can we buy this???"

When really, he's just not looking hard enough. Some Asian groceries actually carry these chips.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 3.01.52 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ImageImage

Dorqy
Learner
Learner

Post by Dorqy »

LivingInElysium wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:04 pm
Another vlog, another opportunity for Wah to confirm our belief that he is a useless mooch. Ordering salted egg yolk chips from Singapore ... he's got 20 items in his cart and shipping is $47. Dude. Watching that clip made me angry. Weylie was already asking how much it was. And he's acting like a little boy caught in the act of misbehaving. "But mommy pleeeease?! Please can we buy this???"

When really, he's just not looking hard enough. Some Asian groceries actually carry these chips.

Omfg you’re right. He has like 20 items in his cart. I’m assuming they’re all chips and those things cost at least like $10/bag? (Sorry if I got it wrong but last time I looked at the same site I just remembered it being REALLY expensive.) so it’s at least $200 for this order of CHIPS?! Fuck you wah, you bring in no income and spend like you’re a millionaire. Fuck you.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Just as a footnote, the currency he's using on the site is the Singapore dollar, which is pretty close to on par with the Canadian dollar. S$1 = about USD$0.73.

ImageImage

[Lavender]
Learner
Learner

Post by [Lavender] »

LivingInElysium wrote:Another vlog, another opportunity for Wah to confirm our belief that he is a useless mooch. Ordering salted egg yolk chips from Singapore ... he's got 20 items in his cart and shipping is $47. Dude. Watching that clip made me angry. Weylie was already asking how much it was. And he's acting like a little boy caught in the act of misbehaving. "But mommy pleeeease?! Please can we buy this???"

There was a person who said they are proud of the person Weylie & Wah have become.
Lmao, Wah? Really?

& in that clip of him buying chips or w/e, he says "take my money!" but we all know its Weylie's income only Image.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

chena
Informer
Informer

Post by chena »

Why does she make her dogs wear their collars 24/7? If that's not bad enough, they also have this huge square box of some sort attached to their collar. I think it might be a GPS device but I can't imagine having my dog wear all that crap around their neck 24/7.

I always remove my dogs harness when we are home.

In the recent heart to heart video, she's saying they're gonna change up their content so they're not just vlogging day to day stuff. She says there might be shorter videos etc. Hhhmmm, probably dedicated sponsored videos? Sounds like they're trying to do less work to be honest. Weylie has more on her plate now with running her start up so I guess they want to cut back.... But the million dollar question is... WTF is wah doing?

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Agreed ^ the content now is boring but smaller vids that's are basically commercials is worse, wrong direction to go imo I've been skipping them or just not watching altogether if I realized that.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

yams
Learner
Learner

Post by yams »

their recent travel vlogs have been really repetitive/boring as other people have said, but their hong kong video was horrible.
i get that they might not want to comment on the whole situation there, but imagine being so privileged that you can go there just to relax and eat... this whole video just rubs me the wrong way.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

yams wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:20 pm
their recent travel vlogs have been really repetitive/boring as other people have said, but their hong kong video was horrible.
i get that they might not want to comment on the whole situation there, but imagine being so privileged that you can go there just to relax and eat... this whole video just rubs me the wrong way.
It really ticked me off when Weylie said that her travel style is just to hang out in the hotel. Bitch, you can do that without flying across the world. Check in to a local hotel for that. Save yourself the flight cost and the environmental footprint.

ImageImage

lurkerdoodle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerdoodle »

We talk about their shitty English and Chinese, but can anyone comment on Wah's Spanish? I remember they made a big spiel about him being from Venezuela and growing up speaking Spanish.

Also I hate it when they eat on camera and do that weird rapid lip-smacking thing.

[Lavender]
Learner
Learner

Post by [Lavender] »

I don't mean to be rude but I don't like it on anyone: when Weylie was talking while eating PB&J with her mouth open.
Then proceeds to do the same about feeling sad during the holdays and does these frequent little inhales.

Just please eat with your mouth closed and don't rush while eating ._.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

WTF is with Wah and his constant burping in that cafe part of today's vlog? Fucking rude and gross.

ImageImage

Curious cat
Debater
Debater

Post by Curious cat »

LivingInElysium wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:58 pm
WTF is with Wah and his constant burping in that cafe part of today's vlog? Fucking rude and gross.
Extremely disgusting. Why would they leave that clip in the vlog? And also, the "we don't shower the dog often because of schedule / we have three dogs"... Girl, that's not even a valid excuse; Why do they thing they have a packed schedule?? All they do is eat, buy things, eat and edit one / two days a week at the most?

wonderstruckp
Talker
Talker

Post by wonderstruckp »

Curious cat wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:11 am
LivingInElysium wrote:
Extremely disgusting. Why would they leave that clip in the vlog? And also, the "we don't shower the dog often because of schedule / we have three dogs"... Girl, that's not even a valid excuse; Why do they thing they have a packed schedule?? All they do is eat, buy things, eat and edit one / two days a week at the most?
Came here to comment on this. And the fact that they had to leave in “this is us discussing about where this channel is going” was a bit funny lol like they had to prove to us that they are working?? And in that short clip it was just a bunch of Wah talking and his second burp cut Weylie off lol

[Lavender]
Learner
Learner

Post by [Lavender] »

Curious cat wrote:
LivingInElysium wrote:
Wah even said "she got moneys" lol, so why cant they search for a dog grooming place that they trust and drop their dogs off there since they're so busy with their work schedule Image

It's funny because for some reason it feels like they have to keep saying "we're so busy with work" to remind the viewers that they're "busy"

ihatekale
Debater
Debater

Post by ihatekale »

They're always so "busy" coming up with lame and boring content.

Return to “ilikeweylie”