ilikeweylie Part 3 - Girrrrrrl Is Not So Smart

Idfwu20
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ilikeweylie Part 3 - Girrrrrrl Is Not So Smart

Post by Idfwu20 »

They are working hard uploading here and there because they are going to Japan at the end of the year.
No vacation = no frequent uploads. Tsk tsk tsk so lazy.
And surprise surprise Weylie stopped wearing that stupid buns after I commented on here.
Hi Weylie.... pls dump your lazy bf!

chena
Informer
Informer

Post by chena »

I still don't understand where her strange Cantonese accent comes from? And it's not just her.... Wah speaks with the same accent. Considering they grew up in different environments, I have no idea how this happened. I feel like they watched a bunch of tvb dramas (the ancient ones with people flying around with swords) and they're imitating that accent? Nobody speaks like this....!

Her vocabulary isn't great but it's alright. But the accent just makes me cringe to the point where I can't watch the entire video.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

chena wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 pm
I still don't understand where her strange Cantonese accent comes from? And it's not just her.... Wah speaks with the same accent. Considering they grew up in different environments, I have no idea how this happened. I feel like they watched a bunch of tvb dramas (the ancient ones with people flying around with swords) and they're imitating that accent? Nobody speaks like this....!

Her vocabulary isn't great but it's alright. But the accent just makes me cringe to the point where I can't watch the entire video.
I agree their accents are strange. I hear a bit of a "village" accent, which they most likely got from their elders. For example, when saying something like, "I'm at home" ... Weylie would say, "Ngo heurng ook kay" whereas the typical person from Hong Kong would say, "Ngo hai ook kay". Hope that makes sense.
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

chena
Informer
Informer

Post by chena »

LivingInElysium wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:31 pm
chena wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 pm

I agree their accents are strange. I hear a bit of a "village" accent, which they most likely got from their elders. For example, when saying something like, "I'm at home" ... Weylie would say, "Ngo heurng ook kay" whereas the typical person from Hong Kong would say, "Ngo hai ook kay". Hope that makes sense.
Yes, it kinda makes sense. But I recently watched a video of weylie and her grandma where the two chat and her grandma doesn't have this accent. Her grandma actually speaks like a regular hk person.

On a side note... Did u notice Weylie make a point to pay for parking at Disneyland? Lmao.... She made it seem like it was an exception when in reality, we all know she pays for everything.

mcdonaldsat3am
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mcdonaldsat3am »

I really believe Weylie will move back to downtown LA like she said in her vlog because girrrrrl doesn’t always make the smartest financial decision.

Idfwu20
Debater
Debater

Post by Idfwu20 »

Now she's turning her garage into a guestroom. Why didn't she just buy a bigger house in the first place? She's so dumb, she could've bought a newer house for less in Chino Hills.

Curious cat
Debater
Debater

Post by Curious cat »

She rushed things with this house and now she is paying for it. Her friends were all buying, so she had to do it because "everyone is doing it". But all her friends have a) more money or b) a partner who works. Now she is stuck in a tiny, unpractical house in which they cant grow as a family and is full of problems, draining her money.

But is hard to feel sorry, because she is so bad with her finances, and she is an adult. If your partner doesnt want to work and you accepted it, its your decision and the rest of the world should respect that, but then you have to be wise with your limited money. Its a shame that she is so dependent and inmature, because this situation (Wah, the need to be at the same level than her youtube friends, her lack of real friends in real live...) is draining her money and potential, IMO.

chena
Informer
Informer

Post by chena »

Curious cat wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:16 am
She rushed things with this house and now she is paying for it. Her friends were all buying, so she had to do it because "everyone is doing it". But all her friends have a) more money or b) a partner who works. Now she is stuck in a tiny, unpractical house in which they cant grow as a family and is full of problems, draining her money.

But is hard to feel sorry, because she is so bad with her finances, and she is an adult. If your partner doesnt want to work and you accepted it, its your decision and the rest of the world should respect that, but then you have to be wise with your limited money. Its a shame that she is so dependent and inmature, because this situation (Wah, the need to be at the same level than her youtube friends, her lack of real friends in real live...) is draining her money and potential, IMO.
Agree. She bought a house that's basically the size of an apartment. 1 bathroom? And the place was a complete mess and I think they kinda went with whatever contractor was the cheapest. On the surface, it's all instagram worthy but with the leaks etc, the place is gonna be full of mold.

defsouls
Learner
Learner

Post by defsouls »

lol did you guys see this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lotus
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lotus »

Why are they so fucking wierd when it comes to buying shit. Also why Wah act like his money bought it . Lmaooo

chena
Informer
Informer

Post by chena »

Buying that old van was a bad idea from the very beginning. I think they bought it bc their content was boring af and they thought this was the solution. But in reality, it doesn't. They drive to a campsite. Eat. Walk the dogs. And eat some more. Content still sucks.

Weylie probably has a lot of money so she can afford to make bad decisions.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Yeah it was clear the more they talked about that van it was not a smart investment lol. I don't live in California but was it necessary to get a van, I understand freezing temps at night making it hard to sleep outdoors but it is glamping, I don't see anything wrong with that necessarily but I think they should have racked up more time and experience in hiking and camping before putting so much money and time into a van. I don't see them as genuine outdoorsy ppl as well. Def more on the aesthetic and bandwagining of the outdoor culture.

If I had their job I would love to make camping and hiking my hobby (more so than currently I'm out of school and don't have that type of leisure time/social circle). It's hard working a 40hr week and planning for that stuff on top of the financial strains it put on you

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Curious cat
Debater
Debater

Post by Curious cat »

Two videos with the van. So much for the "new and interesting #vanlife" content, lol. They just arent that kind of people -nothing wrong with that, but what a waste of money and time!

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

From her ig stories she says her garage was just encased in mold and it flooded when it rained. Seriously her house was really the worse purchase ever.

chena
Informer
Informer

Post by chena »

I had suggested in a previous comment that her house was more of a tear down than anything else. But someone here said in California, this wouldn't be the case. But seriously.... The garage would flood and full of mold.... The backyard (prior to turn fixing it) would flood... The inside had to be gutted (and yet still leaks - creating more mold)....? I would not feel good about this purchase.

Tqto
Learner
Learner

Post by Tqto »

Someone teach this girl how to use the word “adventure” appropriately!! “Adventure fully” “heart warmed” wth

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

She seems to have a type... buy a vintage van and improve it, buy a old house with character and upgrade it, date Wah and hopes he magically becomes the perfect boyfriend...

Silver soul
Debater
Debater

Post by Silver soul »

takoyaki wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:50 am
She seems to have a type... buy a vintage van and improve it, buy a old house with character and upgrade it, date Wah and hopes he magically becomes the perfect boyfriend...
The last one doesn't seem likely to happen though
Not today,Satan,not today!
English isn't my first language and my autocorrect likes to go crazy! #excusethetypos

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

All 3 of the things i wrote arent likely to happen lol

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Can someone dm their house or their floor plan? I really don't understand their house layout. I thought they were transforming the garage into guest house just because, but it really sounds like they just did it because her parents would have to sleep on the couch lol....I would do the same since I think it's a bit unnecessary to utilize a garage for a car. I don't know why they made that other room an office since everytime they shown working it's like in the living room/kitchen/even on their bed. How much does do y'all estimate the renovating the garage costed?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Return to “ilikeweylie”