Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Michalaks - Insufferable Hipster Parents Part 4

Post by Dewdrop2004 »

mushypeas wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:44 am
He needs to stop the narrating voice. Its really disingenuous and does stop you from just enjoying the beautiful camera work he does. Why would you narrate in a different voice than you normally speak with for the rest of the vlog?

When he reads his children a book at bedtime, does he use that voice, enunciating clumsily like a twat? Because that would make me feel uptight, not sleepy.
You are spot on :rofl:

liliemette
Learner
Learner

Post by liliemette »

That's been my main complaint for a while. The channel is all about him. Boring.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

Lately I find so award Stef and Hannah's relationship. Stefan only seems to be concern to be funny for the camera. And those 'Instagram-perfect' moments of him kissing the kids (I don't bite he is a lovely dad). And Hannah trying to laugh at Stef's "jokes". Cause is obvious on the videos that if she doesn't laugh he will insult her or being rude to her.

And why the latest videos titles are "I", to refer Stefan and thumbnails are Hannah's pic?. So missleading. He should change the titles to make some related about them as a family. Is not Stefan's channel. In fact, that was Hannah's channel until Stefan decided to make it his.

Dewdrop2004
Talker
Talker

Post by Dewdrop2004 »

A photo of tiles Hannah is loving from their home reno 'gram account. OK, so they aren't my style at all... But who else thinks they look like lots of pairs of tits :rofl:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Dewdrop2004 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:30 am
A photo of tiles Hannah is loving from their home reno 'gram account. OK, so they aren't my style at all... But who else thinks they look like lots of pairs of tits :rofl:

They're choosing fish scale/mermaid tiles? They remind me of a greasy chippie in Bridlington :rofl:
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

liliemette
Learner
Learner

Post by liliemette »

Honestly every decision she makes is instagram-oriented. She has no personal style. Everything she chooses for the house I've seen a million times on Insta.

Post by Guest »

bigspring wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:12 am
Aren’t they “friends” with Olivia Purvis? Every other blogger/vlogger were at her wedding instead of them.
This is what I was thinking. They used to hang out as couples. Hannah hasn’t even liked any of her wedding pics (and they were amazing). Liv and Joe seem so nice and down to earth, is there anyone The Michalaks won’t alienate?!

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

liliemette wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:24 am
Honestly every decision she makes is instagram-oriented. She has no personal style. Everything she chooses for the house I've seen a million times on Insta.
Maybe is because everything is sponsored and got for free / huge disscount. There is no other reason for them to post about their house, but to get free stuff.

Snooze
Learner
Learner

Post by Snooze »

liliemette wrote:
So true. And did I read right on her stories that they will also get micro cement in the kitchen? The floor iirc. That stuff is supposed to be really expensive. Its like Lilly Pebbles all over. Just wait till they start begging for door knobs.
Their house will feature lots of current trends (dark kitchen, micro cement, crazy tiles, F&B wall colour, blush pink), that will age qite quickly.

secretsss
Learner
Learner

Post by secretsss »

Snooze wrote:
liliemette wrote:
So true. And did I read right on her stories that they will also get micro cement in the kitchen? The floor iirc. That stuff is supposed to be really expensive. Its like Lilly Pebbles all over. Just wait till they start begging for door knobs.
Their house will feature lots of current trends (dark kitchen, micro cement, crazy tiles, F&B wall colour, blush pink), that will age qite quickly.
Odd cos I thought they said they were keeping the kitchen floor because cement was too expensive. Must have got someone to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

The latest video... an advert for a razor?. On a family channel?. Where the only man on the family has a beard. They had to use Greayson to promote the product. :roll: :roll: This shows that brands don't really care who promote their products. Just get whatever IG user with X number of followers.

And Hannah wasn't much on the video. Cause she felt a bit off that week. But at the end she got a trip paid to London and she felt better.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

So, this week's vlog is sponsored by The Post Office and their bizarre scheme of a 'guarantor mortgage' which Hannah and Stef think is a fantastic idea. However, Stef fails to mention that the 'guarantor' has to have paid their own mortgage off AND if you fail to keep up repayments, the guarantor's home gets sold to recoup the 10 or 20 percent that they loan you. Instead of one homeless family - you get two ! Spiffing idea with this country's uncertain future!

They say they had to have a 'no spend' to save up the deposit for the mortgage - but they had just shy of £200k in the bank (according to Companies House) ... so finding £80k wasn't that difficult was it? Not exactly 'struggling' to get the deposit.

They give three pieces of advice to people hoping to buy a property but, never mention how they've paid £200k over the actual valuation of their house. Average prices on the new street (bearing in mind, they're virtually the same style house) is up to £670k and they're spending about another £50k minimum on 'renovating' a property that didn't need 'renovating' . They are STUPID with money and now Hannah is looking at emulsion paint at £40 for 2.5 litres (which may cover two walls at the most - single coat)and the reviews are CRAP ! One of the reviews is "Ive just applied dead matt emulsion, looks really good, but marks by simply touching it.......rubbish, horrible and expensive....its a rip off.......they must know the surface is so delicate it cant even take furniture touch, making shiny marks ......." Trying to be hipster by using expensive paint when you've got kids running around - is a NO NO ! The SJ's definitely have their heads screwed on using Crown scrubbable emulsion . Hannah just gravitates to anything hipster looking without looking at reviews - not to mention the £100 a roll wallpaper which will be scrawled all over !

secretsss
Learner
Learner

Post by secretsss »

Does anyone remember when Hannah was diagnosed with endometriosis? I’m sure she was but they’ve never said anything about it ever again so I wasn’t sure if I imagined it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eileen_2015
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by eileen_2015 »

auntiflo13 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:45 am
The SJ's definitely have their heads screwed on using Crown scrubbable emulsion .
But they only used that because that's what they got for free.... Jonathan never mentioned it in the vlogs but he did in a panel he did with Dom about how influencers chose who they work with, and of course he thought he sounded smart so he left that bit in.

Just watched the Michalaks' vlog and they talk about not putting too much diesel in the car and being careful with their money and in the next clip Stef says he wants 'smart lights' in every single room. Priorities in life.....

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

Stef always wants to pretend they struggle to pay the bills. They might not earn the same as Zoella. But they definetly can afford their bills. And they get a lot of things for free. That house Instagram account they opened, for sure is going to pay a lot of the things they get. Stef seems pretty ungrateful on anything they get. So is not surprise he complains a lot about everything.

dobbycooper
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by dobbycooper »

It's driving me bonkers that they don't appear to have started packing. They've known for a year (?) that they have to move, and there's always crap all over the place in their house.

On a related note, Hannah said in the latest video that she won't miss the rental mansion b/c the rooms were always so messy. How does she think things will be better in the new place? They have too much stuff, and they don't bother to tidy up. Hence, messy house. If anything, the new place will be far worse unless they do a major purge before moving.

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

lizzy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:04 pm
Stef always wants to pretend they struggle to pay the bills. They might not earn the same as Zoella. But they definetly can afford their bills. And they get a lot of things for free. That house Instagram account they opened, for sure is going to pay a lot of the things they get. Stef seems pretty ungrateful on anything they get. So is not surprise he complains a lot about everything.
They're oblivious to their privilege. They make jokes about them being middle class twats but that's exactly what they are.

CoraSP
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by CoraSP »

I can't get over her planting a tree smack bang in the middle of what is an already small garden. She has two young boys who will want to play football, or maybe in a paddling pool or trampoline. But no, tree in the middle of the lawn 🙈 (on the house instagram stories)

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Stef announced on IG that they're having a break to concentrate on the house - apparently, Stef has forgotten how to prioritise what matters in life. He needs to decompress his brain . I reckon Hannah's given him a bollocking for not pulling his weight

babylove
Learner
Learner

Post by babylove »

auntiflo13 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:49 pm
Stef announced on IG that they're having a break to concentrate on the house - apparently, Stef has forgotten how to prioritise what matters in life. He needs to decompress his brain . I reckon Hannah's given him a bollocking for not pulling his weight
Aww just when I was about to give them credit for posting consistently lately :rofl:
He's lucky he has a "job" that gives him the flexibility to check out whenever he wants... but watch, he'll be complaining about how much money has been spent and he'll be taking all of the sponsored jobs to make ends meet. :roll: Imagine calling into work and saying you're taking time off to focus on your house renovation? :tu:
:HK:

Return to “Hannah Maggs”