The Michalaks - Insufferable Hipster Parents Part 4

Ellie2008
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Michalaks - Insufferable Hipster Parents Part 4

Post by Ellie2008 »

I thought of Lilypebbles when I saw the shelf that has replaced the fireplace. They bought a gorgeous house just why?! They needed the decking or something safer than those steps. Maybe the bathroom was a little cramped if you had money to spare. Ripping up the carpets hair enough. Ripping everything else out just why - that’s why they paid that price because it was in good liveable condition. I really want shaker cupboards like the ones they’ve ripped out of the sitting room but they are pricey, just why???!!!

Dewdrop2004
Talker
Talker

Post by Dewdrop2004 »

Hannah's just posted a couple of pictures on Instagram... Very dot co dot uk adverts. A plain white blouse for only £32 and a pair of white jeans only £100. Very affordable and practcal for most mums of small kiddos 🙄.

bigspring
Talker
Talker

Post by bigspring »

Ok wow they made it seem like they bought a dump. The house was gorgeous as is. Especially the kitchen. These 2 definitely have secret money or are in massive debt. All I would’ve done is replace the bedroom floors and paint the walls.

And Hannah moaning on Instagram how stressful this is. Imagine not working, having both kids in school/nursery, and getting to design your dream home while not living in it. For someone who “grew up poor” she is incredibly ungrateful. These two are ridiculous.

booger23
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by booger23 »

I'm not from the UK so I have no idea what the housing market is like there, but I never thought they would be spending £825k. That seems like way more than they can afford. I have been looking for ages trying to find the listing. Can someone PM me?

Louisa
Learner
Learner

Post by Louisa »

Not to defend the two, but I don’t see anything wrong to gut a house (except for the period features) and do an extensive reno IF it’s pratically for free. It’s their job: exposure in exchange for freebies. They’ve been driving in leased Range Rovers for free for so many years now, do they even own a car anymore???? and the same will go for the home, all gifted or discounted.
Can’t wait to see another IG kitchen featuring the obvious dark drawers/white quartz top/ white metro tiles/ brass handles ...ahh let’s not forget the L A R D E R. You’re not instagram worthy if you don’t have one xD

I’m glad for the boys though, they love it and seem happy.

dobbycooper
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by dobbycooper »

Buying a finished house and then ripping it all out b/c it's not your style is just so short sighted and wasteful. If you have the money to spare, invest it. Put it aside for your children's education or your retirement. I would think You Tubers would be especially worried about long-term savings. That industry could be gone in a few years with the way things change these days.

Could someone DM me the listing? I tried to find it on rightmove but couldn't.

Post by Guest »

bigspring wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:51 am
Ok wow they made it seem like they bought a dump. The house was gorgeous as is. Especially the kitchen. These 2 definitely have secret money or are in massive debt. All I would’ve done is replace the bedroom floors and paint the walls.

And Hannah moaning on Instagram how stressful this is. Imagine not working, having both kids in school/nursery, and getting to design your dream home while not living in it. For someone who “grew up poor” she is incredibly ungrateful. These two are ridiculous.
Yeah I was beginning to wonder if I was a bit stupid because I could not understand why they were renovating the house when it looked perfectly fine as is. The only thing I would have changed were some wall colors and the hardware on the cabinets in the kitchen. I think that "keeping up with the Joneses" mindset has really taken over their lives. Once they have the house finished, they'll need another renovation to keep up with the latest trend. :roll:

secretsss
Learner
Learner

Post by secretsss »

Louisa wrote:Not to defend the two, but I don’t see anything wrong to gut a house (except for the period features) and do an extensive reno IF it’s pratically for free. It’s their job: exposure in exchange for freebies. They’ve been driving in leased Range Rovers for free for so many years now, do they even own a car anymore???? and the same will go for the home, all gifted or discounted.
Can’t wait to see another IG kitchen featuring the obvious dark drawers/white quartz top/ white metro tiles/ brass handles ...ahh let’s not forget the L A R D E R. You’re not instagram worthy if you don’t have one xD

I’m glad for the boys though, they love it and seem happy.
There isn’t its just the way they portray it like they’re mega poor so had to get a renovation to make it great. I’m actually shocked they spent as much as they did after all that ridiculous moaning about how expensive London is.

I used to like these two as well ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassie_gal_au
Informer
Informer

Post by jassie_gal_au »

Holy fork balls!! £825k!! Are you joking me?

Thank you so much to Louisa for your amazing sleuthing!! Well done !!
I also spent my lunch break looking for the house and I stupidly thought they were buying in the £300-500 range.

How the f**k are these two getting so much money loaned to them or are they making that much from YT?

It also seems stupid AF to be ripping out all the features they paid for and gutting the house. The fact that they make it sound like they bought a dump and we all see how nice this house is makes you see how just far up their ass and away from reality they live. No matter their upbringing.

Hannah is obsessed with the ‘perfect insta shot’ that is all she says and it was scary how much she used it even when she just walks into the house. It’s clearly not fulfilling her at all. She looks empty and withdrawn as usual.

I also can’t fathom why she went to see a house 1M over their budget. They’re so pretentious it’s scary. I do think it’s mostly her and dreamed up insta life. They’re sucking the life out of each other with their pretentiousness!

Kelmo
Debater
Debater

Post by Kelmo »

Hannah does sponsored posts nearly every single time she posts on instagram...I think people are really underestimating how much these 2 earn!! They are also sponsored by land rover amongst many other large corporations and no doubt they will get so much of their smart home wiring free, kitchen probably free (like the sacconejolys)! They probably barely pay for anything except their mortgage!

primadonnagay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by primadonnagay »

I cannot find the listing for love nor money! Can someone send it to me? Thanks in advance!

Ellie2008
Talker
Talker

Post by Ellie2008 »

I for one seriously underestimated how much they earn!

vandal86
Talker
Talker

Post by vandal86 »

Cool house! And the bathroom they ripped up looked great!!! Guess they have too much money...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Dewdrop2004
Talker
Talker

Post by Dewdrop2004 »

I have found, from my own experience, that the richer somebody is the more likely they are not to know the cost /value of stuff, even basics, simply because they have never really had to count their pennies. Ie try asking a millionaire how much a loaf of bread and a pint of milk cost. I'd bet most wouldn't have much of a clue. When you're strapped for cash you have to have some idea as to the cost of things, by necessity. I think this applies to Hannah in particular -she's said that she doesn't really know how much things cost. I think the pair of them are much better off financially than most of us on here thought. The puzzling part is how... Where's the money coming from... ads, sponsorship deals in part, of course... is it Freebie land much more frequently than we think?? How they used to moan about having to perhaps survive on beans on toast as they were poor... REALLY? And we swallowed that, felt sorry (?) for them etc. Hannah reckoned she was really poor when she was younger, but she and her mum went abroad on holiday... Wow, that really is what poor people do isn't it. Talk about pulling the wool over viewers' eyes. Hmmm.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Looking at the kitchen they've chosen on Hannah's instagram account number 2, they could have had the kitchen units repainted and new handles and worktops.... What a waste of money!
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

operaglass
Lurker
Lurker

Post by operaglass »

Wow. I viewed the listing and I feel completely and totally duped by these two. For years they've moaned about how they're barely surviving, even recently asking us to pony up for their video subscription service bc they wouldn't be able to financially continue otherwise. Ha! That was literally a few months ago! I feel like they've been shamelessly peddling this narrative of financial struggle for so long and I actually believed them. I thought they were buying a starter home ffs! Not only are they NOT buying a starter home, but they're also paying 4k rent on their current place, plus a mortgage and doing a gut renovation on a 5-bed house simultaneously!

Dewdrop2004
Talker
Talker

Post by Dewdrop2004 »

What happened to all the monies people/viewers put into Stef's Wantfeed company? Have any of those donating their money actually been kept in the loop properly or regularly as to what is going on - how it is really being used? Surely, when it comes to money, especially essentially strangers 'money, accountability is paramount!?! The whole thing feels a bit shifty to me. Hopefully I will be proved wrong and/or have missed updates about it all. I know now and again they kind of mention Wantfeed but it seems so brief and flippant.

Louisa
Learner
Learner

Post by Louisa »

Dewdrop2004 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:28 pm
What happened to all the monies people/viewers put into Stef's Wantfeed company? Have any of those donating their money actually been kept in the loop properly or regularly as to what is going on - how it is really being used? Surely, when it comes to money, especially essentially strangers 'money, accountability is paramount!?! The whole thing feels a bit shifty to me. Hopefully I will be proved wrong and/or have missed updates about it all. I know now and again they kind of mention Wantfeed but it seems so brief and flippant.
Most people would have donated very little money in the range of 50/500£. None will complain or raise the subject. It’s a common practice in the startup scene, with micro seeding although you access to small amount of funding you don’t have the pressure of the typical investment angel where he needs to be updated on every single penny spent. At least who gave them the money can feel accomplished in helping the Michalaks in:
1 month holiday in Australia
2/3 years of £+4K rent in a grand Georgian townhouse. Poor little Hannah was suffering so much in her London loft. She’s Way to posh for Clapham too!

Louisa
Learner
Learner

Post by Louisa »

Also that’s the reason why she doesn’t seem genuily happy... who would after downgrading/sizing from such a grandiose property. If they were more humble after the move from London they could have rented a smaller house, pay half the rent they’ve paid for the last 3 yrs and today they would have had £70k extra to put towards buying their first property. Wasteful and entitled.

ninjabiscuits
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ninjabiscuits »

Could someone please pm me the link? Can't find it on rightmove or zoopla :tu:

Return to “Hannah Maggs”