Hannah Maggs / The Michalaks - Part 3

jassie_gal_au
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hannah Maggs / The Michalaks - Part 3

Post by jassie_gal_au »

I hope that they are in couples counselling like I suggested to them a few pages back (hi guys I know you read here).
I don't blame them for having issues it's hard with two young kids if you're not motivated and disciplined in what you do daily. which they don't seem to be at all.
However the resentment and disdain Hannah has for Stef is obvious AF. I think he does help out more than we see. He seeens to take G to nursery and sport.
What else does she expect? If Stef was working out of the house in a normal job and she chose To stay home he wouldn't have as much time to do things for her . Like most Parents who have office jobs

Hannah Wants #mumlife without the responsibility

bitchscorpio
Learner
Learner

Post by bitchscorpio »

I had a weird bad feeling while watching their latest vlog. While they were talking about their issues in the van their energies, very different, seemed to clash in a way and also become very telling of the fact that Stef if def using Hannah and is probably putting in a lot of toxicity in her life, she seemed so vulnerable and fragile to me in that moment while he seemed so passively aggressive and I just felt bad for Hannah, if I can remember her own family growing up was not the strongest (do not want to mix up the facts, so I don't want to speak about her family's history w confidence) so she obviously searched for a new family in somebody else and she stumbled upon this person who is way stronger and not in a good way. That certain moment in the van seemed very telling to me for some reason
English is not my first language.

Sweetnpeaceful
Informer
Informer

Post by Sweetnpeaceful »

I do think she saw the father figure aspect in Stef. Because from day one she really let him take control of their lives. So much to the point where she even allowed him to jump in on her work and basically take over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassie_gal_au
Informer
Informer

Post by jassie_gal_au »

I agree with you guys to a point. But I don't think Stef is the bad guy here. Stef also made Hannah famous to an extent. She relied on him to edit her videos. Brand everything for Hannah Maggs and her make up bags, helps her film, and sent her to the most expensive make up course in London when she wanted to be a make up artist.
She also maintained her job so she didn't completely rely on him.
Whenever G was born she also gave him more control of the vlogs but it's to be expected as she was busy looking after a baby. I think most mums would do that in her shoes.

I do think Stef is quite fame hungry and ambitious. Not in a blogger sense but more for his editing and videos capabilities. He does have a special talent. But vlogging doesn't seem to do it for him and he is frustrated and needs to get back to an artsy happening scene like London. Hannah wants a more quiet family life but imho without full responsibility. She also Wants to live nicely but can't fund her lifestyle.

Didn't she study at university? I wonder why she ended up working as a receptionist. She seems quite capable.

I think they are good together. In London they would push each other well in the right direction. Since Bath and the baby what's his name came along it seems to have messed life up for them. But I am sympathetic as having two kids is hard how ever they are not good at planning which is their downfall.

Lulumacmac231
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lulumacmac231 »

I think their downfall was that stupid fucking Capri Sun skit at Xmas time. Hannah hates stef for it, and he hates himself for it as well. And who would fucking blame them?!

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Lulumacmac231 wrote:I think their downfall was that stupid fucking Capri Sun skit at Xmas time. Hannah hates stef for it, and he hates himself for it as well. And who would fucking blame them?!

I think Stef was wanting Amazon to send him the xboxone for free. Stef is of that mentality that he should get free things because he uploads a 20 minute vlog every week. If youtube were to end tomorrow - what's his back up plan?
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Post by Guest »

^ I still cringe thinking of that time they went to a McDonald's Drive-Thru and Stef was demanding free nuggets or something because they were youtubers. This wasn't that long after they started weekly vlogging either. I think he was trying to take the piss out of entitled youtubers but you could tell he was being serious about it lol.
If it all ends tomorrow, I can see him doing wedding videography like someone has already mentioned upthread- he'll love the editing and all the silky, cheesy shots, etc- it pays well too but he won't have all the 'influencer' perks, obviously. And Hannah could do wedding make-up ;)

Whattheheckguys
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Whattheheckguys »

I keep wondering about how they afford to rent that huge house...didn't they make the upgrade not long after the funding for the Wantfeed finished?

She does barely any ad work on her blog/channel, the ads on their channel are fairly regular and I would expect they can get thousands for one but the rent must be huge? and I'm assuming Wantfeed doesnt bring in much as it's still beta/pretty much a tech startup?

I don't know, it just makes me a bit suspicious as they rarely talk about Wantfeed like they don't want anyone to ask questions about it and haven't shared much about how its developing, when they have an audience right there to promote it too. Feels a bit off to me

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Whattheheckguys wrote:I keep wondering about how they afford to rent that huge house...didn't they make the upgrade not long after the funding for the Wantfeed finished?

She does barely any ad work on her blog/channel, the ads on their channel are fairly regular and I would expect they can get thousands for one but the rent must be huge? and I'm assuming Wantfeed doesnt bring in much as it's still beta/pretty much a tech startup?

I don't know, it just makes me a bit suspicious as they rarely talk about Wantfeed like they don't want anyone to ask questions about it and haven't shared much about how its developing, when they have an audience right there to promote it too. Feels a bit off to me

Hi !! Welcome to the madhouse !!! :love2:

Hannah has done a few ads but, then shot herself in the foot -raving about huggies wipes then using waterwipes in their vlogs..... She raved about a particular cereal - but, always makes porridge for breakfast.....She raved about a range of cuisine that was low in calories and then blurted out in the same vlog that she was sick of eating healthy food ! So, she's not the best at influencing people :rofl:

Stef has got a few dissolved companies ...so after 3 or 4 years since the start of Wantfeed .... it appears that it's not going anywhere. Stef was hoping it would blow up like facebook and sell for millions..... but, another guy had the same idea before stef which Michelle Mone & Nigel Mansell invested in. It's called 'We Shop'. The stores like ASOS and John Lewis post their own new products on there as well as social media users. The company is worth about 5.5 million as of last year

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

Stef just seems to talk over Hannah and take over everything. Yes she needed him to edit but she could have learned herself. Now their vlogs are entirely his choice and she's barely doing anything. I feel bad for her.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Return to “Hannah Maggs”