Justlikehollywood_x
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hannah Maggs / The Michalaks

Post by Justlikehollywood_x »

staedtler wrote:
sillyviolet wrote:Anyone else seen the comments underneath their new video? People think Hannah might be pregnant :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I kinda hope she is, she really wants another kid.
When I watched the vlog I thought so too, I really hope that she is, the months after a miscarriage are horrendous, no matter how early you were. They deserve it.

Indifferente
Learner
Learner

Post by Indifferente »

I think she is pregnant as well. It sounds terrible so I hope I'm right but in one shot, you could see her belly, it was blew up. I guess they won't announce it too soon anyway... Let's just watch and see.

(+ I thought it was awful from Steph not to buy a gift... Okay he doesn't like birthday but it was Hannah's, not his. Plus he could have bought anything: makeup, clothes, bracelet and fit it in the suitcase.)
Miaou

curvycarrot
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by curvycarrot »

I too think she ss pregnant which is why i looked up their thread! She is not the type of girl to randomly gain a few pounds and she is also not the type of girl to announce her pregnancy way too early(i.e. The SJs). She could be verging on her 2nd trimester by now.

Oh look at me acting as if I know the world lol. But anyway I am so happy for her if she is!!!!!!

emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmaemma »

I loved their latest vlog. I laughed quite a bit and Stef was really likeable.

I too hope Hannah is pregnant. That drunk comment at the end of the vlog makes me even more suspicious that she is. If she's not then it'd be hard for her reading people's comments about it so fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

emmaemma wrote:I loved their latest vlog. I laughed quite a bit and Stef was really likeable.

I too hope Hannah is pregnant. That drunk comment at the end of the vlog makes me even more suspicious that she is. If she's not then it'd be hard for her reading people's comments about it so fingers crossed.

Agree with everything you wrote!
Maybe a little random, but would anyone be able to recommend any similar channels to the Michalaks in terms of creativity? It doesn't necessarily have to be a family channel!

Post by Guest »

^ Someone recommended Claire Witt/ The Witt Family channel to me recently and I've been enjoying watching their down-to-earth and loving family vlogs (her farmer husband is easy on the eye too :D ) Most of the vlogs are about an hour long though.

Justlikehollywood_x
Talker
Talker

Post by Justlikehollywood_x »

Stef's house tour was really really funny and so was him talking about american adverts for medication. I really enjoyed the last two weeks of vlogs. I'm not 100% sure I like the new style, but I do look forward to watching them each week.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

I also think Hannah is pregnant, either I'm imagining it or she seemed to be deliberately not showing her tummy and she doesn't look well in that she might be suffering from sickness! I hope if she is that it goes well for her this time.

Post by Guest »

So the channel started off as Hannah's, then came the re-brand to the family name, but lets face it, the channel is his alone now, he defines everything about it.
And he made it clear he is a film maker, not a vlogger. Fair enough, But OH MY GOD I just cannot watch it any longer. In this weeks vlog I made it to the bit at the start where he is at the park, and I had to just quit it. I cannot stand how pretentious it all got. Everything is so fake, so immensely (and badly) acted, so try-hard. I get second-hand embarrassment watching it, to me this is not arty, it's just a desperate attempt of remaining relevant as a London hipster.
But then I look at the comments and everyone worships his immeasurable talent in making poetry. Are you kidding me? Seriously, am I the only one who feels this way?

elmox
Learner
Learner

Post by elmox »

I'm really torn between loving their vlogs and hating them. It's obvious Stef has always wanted an audience for his 'profound' ideas and 'comedy' and now he's got the viewers, he's taken over. He used to have his own (terrible) YouTube channel and this week he brought back one of his characters and it was so cringey. Pleaseee stop ruining the vlogs.

I know Hannah said she doesn't feel like vlogging much right now, but there's no need to add all this shit.

nightpolitik
Informer
Informer

Post by nightpolitik »

Lilywhite wrote:So the channel started off as Hannah's, then came the re-brand to the family name, but lets face it, the channel is his alone now, he defines everything about it.
And he made it clear he is a film maker, not a vlogger. Fair enough, But OH MY GOD I just cannot watch it any longer. In this weeks vlog I made it to the bit at the start where he is at the park, and I had to just quit it. I cannot stand how pretentious it all got. Everything is so fake, so immensely (and badly) acted, so try-hard. I get second-hand embarrassment watching it, to me this is not arty, it's just a desperate attempt of remaining relevant as a London hipster.
But then I look at the comments and everyone worships his immeasurable talent in making poetry. Are you kidding me? Seriously, am I the only one who feels this way?
I don't think there is anything wrong when people on YT try new things. We hate on them when their content and style remains the same, we hate on them when they try new things.

I haven't watched yet, but suffice to say that if Hannah hasn't filmed much, either she is indeed in early pregnancy, or she is going through a wave of not being interested in holding a camera in her face.

I really don't see Steph's involvement as negative. Without him, she is just a woman filming in her bedroom or piecing together hand-held footage with no real editing skills. If she wanted more involvement, she would get him to teach her how to do more of the work herself.

Whether people hate his work or not, it seems clear that he does the bulk of the work on the channel because he enjoys it, is a good editor, and because she has taken on the role of primary-parent for their kid. If it were still her channel and hers alone, viewers would likely forget to check in with her channel since she is so sporadic. She doesn't have the work ethic for youtube to do what Steph does.

I assume he gets a little weird and adventurous with his work because he would rather be eccentric and sarcastic than just pump the same work out every week with not emotion. Everyone has a freak flag. He just has his high enough to see it and I think that's fine. I find completely "normal" people boring as dirt, to be honest. As someone who purposely works in an environment that is exceedingly different hour to hour, I can see how he would be too bored not to try new things.

Not everyone can tolerate the same shit day in and day out.

Secretadmirer
Informer
Informer

Post by Secretadmirer »

I only came here to see if anyone else was wondering if Hannah was maybe pregnant.
She's not been blogging or vlogging much which could be for any reason but I was thinking that if she is in early pregnancy she may be taking it easy after last time and probably doesn't feel up to having the camera shoved in her face if she's suffering from sickness or anything.

I hope she is because I can tell it's something she's desperately wanted for a long time, even before she miscarried. I hope it goes well for her also.

As for their vlogs. Last year they were amazing and I loved them. I'm not really feeling the same way so far this year. Not sure I'm a fan of the voice overs, maybe it's just that..

emanresu
Stalker
Stalker

Post by emanresu »

Secretadmirer wrote:I only came here to see if anyone else was wondering if Hannah was maybe pregnant.
She's not been blogging or vlogging much which could be for any reason but I was thinking that if she is in early pregnancy she may be taking it easy after last time and probably doesn't feel up to having the camera shoved in her face if she's suffering from sickness or anything.

I hope she is because I can tell it's something she's desperately wanted for a long time, even before she miscarried. I hope it goes well for her also.

As for their vlogs. Last year they were amazing and I loved them. I'm not really feeling the same way so far this year. Not sure I'm a fan of the voice overs, maybe it's just that..
I do. There's been a couple of things that I think hint at it. In the last vlog Stef had a cocktail and Hannah made a point of saying she was just having tea, and we've not seen them drinking together on an evening like they usually do. Hannah was also sat in the priority seat (mainly used for pregnant women) on the tube in their last vlog. Plus, like you said, the shying away from the camera.

I can see why they don't want to talk about it too soon after what they went through last year. Genuinely hope it goes well for them this time if she is indeed pregnant.

emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmaemma »

emanresu wrote:
Secretadmirer wrote:I only came here to see if anyone else was wondering if Hannah was maybe pregnant.

I do. There's been a couple of things that I think hint at it. In the last vlog Stef had a cocktail and Hannah made a point of saying she was just having tea, and we've not seen them drinking together on an evening like they usually do. Hannah was also sat in the priority seat (mainly used for pregnant women) on the tube in their last vlog. Plus, like you said, the shying away from the camera.

I can see why they don't want to talk about it too soon after what they went through last year. Genuinely hope it goes well for them this time if she is indeed pregnant.

You are right. She is always very vocal about her drinking too and she definitely hasn't shown herself drinking for quite a few vlogs. I really hope they are pregnant, I'll be so happy for them.

segLXI
Talker
Talker

Post by segLXI »

Can't believe people watch this channel. I only watched some of their vlogs because they keep being mentioned in the beautycrush thread. They are so contrived and pretentious its embarrassing. Hannah is so vapid , well that's how she acts anyway everything seems put on. I love how they are convinced they are different and better than other vloggers when they are exactly the same, it's laughable.

segLXI
Talker
Talker

Post by segLXI »

Can't believe people watch this channel. I only watched some of their vlogs because they keep being mentioned in the beautycrush thread. They are so contrived and pretentious its embarrassing. Hannah is so vapid , well that's how she acts anyway everything seems put on. I love how they are convinced they are different and better than other vloggers when they are exactly the same, it's laughable.

pugzjen
Informer
Informer

Post by pugzjen »

segLXI wrote:I love how they are convinced they are different and better than other vloggers when they are exactly the same, it's laughable.
exactly!
what makes them so different? they are still pretentious and narcissistic enough to put their lives on the internet, why are they so special? yeah hes good at editing but if thats why he does why doesn't he get a job in editing? its because this is far more easier and pays more probably with sponsorships.

its ridiculous.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

segLXI wrote:Can't believe people watch this channel. I only watched some of their vlogs because they keep being mentioned in the beautycrush thread. They are so contrived and pretentious its embarrassing. Hannah is so vapid , well that's how she acts anyway everything seems put on. I love how they are convinced they are different and better than other vloggers when they are exactly the same, it's laughable.

Haha I too checked them out from the chat on Sammi's thread. They seem okay to me, but it all feels so contrived. He has great editing but it's all a bit too much of trying to be deep. And 30mins every week? Wow, time consuming.

nightpolitik
Informer
Informer

Post by nightpolitik »

You guys are complaining they are too self-centered because they post videos online just like the people you enjoy watching do? Come on, find something legitimate to give feedback on. I don't think they think they are king shit, and narcisists don't talk about world issues, all they talk about is themselves (cough, samantha maria). He regularly talks about both world issues and londoncentric issues. Pick a more accurate word at least!

Ps, the complaint that 30 minutes a week is too long is the most attention-deficit comment I have ever seen. Compared to someone who daily vlogs ten minutes a day, they are 40 minutes less in video per week.

I veto the above complaints for having no backbone :roll:

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

nightpolitik wrote:You guys are complaining they are too self-centered because they post videos online just like the people you enjoy watching do? Come on, find something legitimate to give feedback on. I don't think they think they are king shit, and narcisists don't talk about world issues, all they talk about is themselves (cough, samantha maria). He regularly talks about both world issues and londoncentric issues. Pick a more accurate word at least!

Ps, the complaint that 30 minutes a week is too long is the most attention-deficit comment I have ever seen. Compared to someone who daily vlogs ten minutes a day, they are 40 minutes less in video per week.

I veto the above complaints for having no backbone :roll:
I've tried watching different family vloggers but I never stick to them. Sure Michalaks might be seen as generic family vloggers, but there is something about them that makes me watch their videos every week.

Also, if they are happy vlogging and manage to pay the bills with it, why shouldn't they continue on? Not everyone wants a career and if they are happy, I'm happy. I think they are doing great, both parents spend time with Grayson and pursue their hobbies and have plenty of time to try new things.

Return to “Hannah Maggs”