Hannah Maggs / The Michalaks

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Hannah Maggs / The Michalaks

Post by Dandelion »

I haven't been watching the Michalaks and one reason for that is because I find their videos too long. Ten to fifteen minute vlogs would suffice entirely in my opinion, the time I'd spend on a quick tea break. I would watch a series with an actual plot for twenty to thirty minutes, or an informative/educational video, but watching repetitive trivial content by two vapid people is a waste of time to me. I won't spend that kind of time on any youtuber, especially not regularly. It rots your brain.

Post by Guest »

^ So true, Dandelion- I don't watch the Michalaks anymore either but still continue to "rot my brain" with other vloggers, etc, damn bloody addictive Youtube ;)

nightpolitik
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nightpolitik »

Didn't realize me talking about attention span would cause suuuuuch a fuss :roll:

Post by Guest »

Guys, we were right! HANNAH IS PREGNANT [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eclectic
Learner
Learner

Post by Eclectic »

So happy for her! Wishing her a safe and happy pregnancy <3

Post by Guest »

Happy for her, hope everything goes well.

They're definitely gonna have to move sooner or later now, right? I wonder if they are actually gonna leave London or not.

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

Best of luck with the pregnancy. Fingers crossed its a girl this time. Would make up a nice little family unit.

Secretadmirer
Informer
Informer

Post by Secretadmirer »

I knew it! So happy for her. I've never wanted to someone to be pregnant as much as I wanted Hannah to be.
Hope all goes well for them.

pooella_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pooella_ »

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know why Stef calls Hannah 'Kony'?

nightpolitik
Informer
Informer

Post by nightpolitik »

pooella_ wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know why Stef calls Hannah 'Kony'?
When they first fell in love it was around the time where everyone and their dog on facebook was posting about "awareness" about Kony, and Stef thought it would be ironic and irk the shit out of people if he referred to the love of his life with the same name as a hugely publicized criminal. So it's basically a witty term of endearment/inside joke.

Eclectic
Learner
Learner

Post by Eclectic »

nightpolitik wrote:
pooella_ wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know why Stef calls Hannah 'Kony'?
When they first fell in love it was around the time where everyone and their dog on facebook was posting about "awareness" about Kony, and Stef thought it would be ironic and irk the shit out of people if he referred to the love of his life with the same name as a hugely publicized criminal. So it's basically a witty term of endearment/inside joke.

Yeah this and something about when she's angry/grumpy she's like an evil dictator - I think it was just a joke that caught and he kept using that name for her :)

curvycarrot
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by curvycarrot »

Lilywhite wrote:So the channel started off as Hannah's, then came the re-brand to the family name, but lets face it, the channel is his alone now, he defines everything about it.
And he made it clear he is a film maker, not a vlogger. Fair enough, But OH MY GOD I just cannot watch it any longer. In this weeks vlog I made it to the bit at the start where he is at the park, and I had to just quit it. I cannot stand how pretentious it all got. Everything is so fake, so immensely (and badly) acted, so try-hard. I get second-hand embarrassment watching it, to me this is not arty, it's just a desperate attempt of remaining relevant as a London hipster.
But then I look at the comments and everyone worships his immeasurable talent in making poetry. Are you kidding me? Seriously, am I the only one who feels this way?

I do still enjoy "their" channel but he tries WAY TOO HARD! Every time I watch a video I am just like Steff calm your tits lol. Vlogging just really is not that serious no matter how many silky montages you film, you will always be the people that talk to themselves for a living. Steff needs to find a middle ground of having fun and being polished.

Even though I am a fan I can totally see why their views are still on the lower end and why some(especially teens) would not enjoy their channel.

Also congrats to Hanna I am so happy for her :tu:

joffy
Informer
Informer

Post by joffy »

It's turned into the Stef show. Pretentious and too many video effects/gimmicks that add nothing to the content, just done for the sake of it.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

joffy wrote:It's turned into the Stef show. Pretentious and too many video effects/gimmicks that add nothing to the content, just done for the sake of it.

I came to say EXACTLY the same thing. First it was Hannah's channel - then a bit of Stef....and joined by baby Grayson..... now Hannah and Grayson seem to be being phased out and Stef is the centre of attention. I started watching the channel as I love Hannah, I think she's adorable and now Grayson is talking and growing up - he's a funny little boy (he reminds me of my own son at his age - my son had less tantrums ....however, my daughter outdid Grayson lol !! ). As a northern gal, I was always curious to see how people in London survived the heavy hustle and bustle - and it was particularly refreshing to watch a newly married couple cope in the city.

However, I strongly believe that Stef is yearning to be the next Stanley Kubrick and has turned the homely, family vlogs into something 'artsy' and although a lot of the scenes are breath taking, it's taking away the main reason I want to watch. I thought these were videos to record Grayson growing up ....yet, the silky montages, the voice overs and Stef's thoughts are becoming the main aspect of the weekly vlog.

I'm reading between the lines but, Hannah must be exhausted (I remember my early pregnancies well - I could have slept on a clothe's line).... and she mentioned she'd had an argument with Stef..... is he just expecting her to carry on as normal? Ferrying Grayson here and there on her own and doing household chores (and filming at the same time) whilst Stef faffs around with cameras, phonecalls and editing ...... he needs to offer her more help.... pregnancy is tiring - I am well aware it's not an illness but, your energy is zapped halfway through the day.....I worked full time when pregnant with my two in a physically and mentally draining career (nursing) ...looking back, I don't know how I did it but, my husband was extremely supportive and would get in from work , do housework and cook meals.... x
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Post by Guest »

A huvny swatched any their new vids in a while so this is more just about vloggers in general..

When your livelihood is filming your life like how do you even have a life? Does that make sense? Like what do you do with your day if your whole job is just picking up a camera? I wouldn't even get dressed most days if that was the case. They're basically like unemployed people with a lot of money imo. Like with cameras on phones and shit now, even poor people like me can take a video? I'm not getting paid? Like vlogging isn't a job to me. Youtube is, as in sit down videos and ideas, cause that's more like tv to me. But just watching someone eat a fuckin pancake on Shrove Tuesday or whatever? Naw man. If I wanted to see that, I'd put mirrors in my kitchen. I see a supermarket every other day? Why do I need to see it on a screen? I don't really see the point but at the same time, I've watched them and lots of other vloggers for fucking years so there must be something about them haha. Fuck knows man. I don't know if I'm getting my point across very well, I wish I was better with words sorry. It's just a fucking weird thing to call a job.

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

Sorry to state the obvious and basically repeat what others have said, but we all word it different ways ;): What I find super pretentious about their vlogs is that the editing is so heavy with cheesey indie (?) music and montages, but the actual content is just the 3 of them walking, taking Grayson to places and driving around! Maybe that's the point, zooming in on ordinary stuff and making it special, but for me it's way too irritating to carry on watching their channel now as it just feels like a ground for Stef to develop his editing skills which he's gone too far with. I'd understand if their lives were actually dramatic and eventful then it would call for some emotion, of if they saved the slow-mo and voiceovers just for momentous occasions, but eeevery vlog drips with irritating saccharinity.
I had just skipped through Stef's monologue in today's vlog, and then when getting on the tube apparently called for poignant piano music I said to myself 'for goodness sake' and closed the tab :rofl:

I'll still follow Hannah's pregnancy and catch up if anything new happens with them!

hyypia
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hyypia »

First time posting, but I just had to add another voice to the chorus:

Ever since Hannah and Stef decided to make the channel their bread and butter he has completely hijacked the vlogs and turned it into his own vanity project. He lives for the praise their teen audience gives. No one can say the videos are not beautiful shot and professionally edited, and that's his doing, but after 100 odd of those, you start to notice more and more how empty they are. Same shots, same filters, same music, same scenery (unless it is an ad, ofc). He tries so hard to make the vlogs interesting but at the same time, he doesn't try it all? To me, although on a lesser scale, he is just like the Saccone-Joly bloke - attention starved and entitled.

The hate watching for me started after the Notting Hill carnival fiasco. Trust me, I get where Hannah was coming from but why on Earth would they go there if they knew they would hate it?! And a week or so later, didn't they go to some boring ass country event and LOVED IT? Posh white crowd in boat shoes. Racism or not, they are sure a lot more comfortable ~amongst their own. Whatever. After that unnecessary and ridiculous Trump rant, I unsubscribed. Hannah's channel is very good and free of his know-it-all attitude.

On the positive side, I find Hannah super likable. She could do a 45 min video of dish washing and I'd enjoy every second of it. I'm very happy they are having another child. They both seem to be good parents (apart from parading their child on the web) and they definitely love each other very much.

flo
Talker
Talker

Post by flo »

hyypia wrote:They both seem to be good parents (apart from parading their child on the web) and they definitely love each other very much.
I find Hanna to be much more invested and involved with Greyson than Stef. I know that the antiquated belief that women should be more connected to children is still prevalent but for a couple that attempts to appear rather modern, they seem to go by that model (which was verified IMO when Hannah talks about how much she cleans up after Stef). TBH, I often feel like Stef isn't really keen on children - though he does seem to genuinely love Hannah.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

flo wrote: I find Hanna to be much more invested and involved with Greyson than Stef. I know that the antiquated belief that women should be more connected to children is still prevalent but for a couple that attempts to appear rather modern, they seem to go by that model (which was verified IMO when Hannah talks about how much she cleans up after Stef). TBH, I often feel like Stef isn't really keen on children - though he does seem to genuinely love Hannah.
To me, they are much more antiquated/ sexist than just where children and housework are concerned. I always get the impression that Stef treats Hanna like a stupid little thing that can't do anything right, he's really condescending and patronizing. And she acts like the silly little woman who needs her big smart husband to help her as well. Makes me throw up every time.

Bertiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bertiebee »

I cant quite believe how Stef has reacted to the comments about last weeks vlog?! I mean, he has said he likes to try new stuff, surely he has to expect some people won't like it? I mean, seriously I thought it was pretentious AF! The comments I saw that didn't like it were not rude, or being 'mean'.....fucking hell! Mean!!! Have a word with yourself Stef! I thought you didn't want to be like the Saccone-Jolys, but your using the same words, throwing a hissy fit and getting your minions to stroke your ego and go after anyone who dares disagree with you!!! I wish it were just Hannah!!!

Return to “Hannah Maggs”