Hannah Maggs

Mugoo
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hannah Maggs

Post by Mugoo »

For me (I'm married and have a 7 month old) it's a breath of fresh air to see a YTer portray the reality of having a baby - it's bloody hard! I didn't sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time for the first 4 months - I was a broken woman! I barely got dressed for the first two months and to see Anna S-J just swanning around like it's nothing is just unrealistic! she has a husband at home to help and whatever other help they have (nanny/housekeeper) that they edit out.

I like how they do a week's vlog - I find daily vlogs so self absorbed and indulgent - why does anyone think that the internet wants to see you every single day??

I also like how it's clear that Stefan is very talented at editing and design and Hannah is very likeable on camera.

Even though they are younger than me (well Hannah is) I relate to them and (in a non creepy way) could see myself being friends with them.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

I would have thought it was a breach of security to fly that drone in National Museum along with the fact that UK especially London i'm imagining must be on red alert for anything 'unusual' going on? I think Stefan is probably a little arrogant and doesnt like to be wrong so he might have thought he could do as he pleases with it! mind you i would say the footage would have been spectacular.

I too like the one vlog a week that they do. And i commend them for doing their own thing with Hannahs makeup bags. Even though they are part of the Gleambots, i like that the 2 of them have taken on this project themselves even down to picking and buying the material for the bags, wrapping and posting them and from what i can see Hannah puts a little personal note it each one and sprays them with a perfume. I love those little touches. I suppose if they really take off they wont be physically able to cope with it but when you compare this to Zoe's bits (who seems to have nothing to do with her range) there is no comparison. Personally i never mind paying extra for good quality products. I appreciate they are geared to different markets but any reviews i have read about Zoes products they seem to be cheap tat! Some children have even come out in a rash from them!

Anyway I hope the michelaks dont change as their subscribers grow and more opportunities come their way and that they remain true to why they started their vlogs in the first place!

charbear28
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by charbear28 »

I really love them both. They work way harder than any of the other gleam lot and when they haven't felt like vlogging, they've still uploaded something. They seem like genuine people and I like that they're a bit rough around the edges and aren't squeaky clean like zoella etc. I agree with the point that they won't let gleam hold the reigns on their work. I also think think Steph should stop voicing his opinions so much because it's loosing them well earned subs

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

Why do they always let Greyson chew on menus? They have no idea what germs are on there and it's rude. Pack a teething ring.

skinnygenes
Debater
Debater

Post by skinnygenes »

I have to say, I really love the Michalaks (for now)! Hannah seems like a sweet girl and Grayson is the cutest baby! I could pinch his little cutie cheeks!! :love2: I get why people think that Stefan is arrogant but he cracks funny jokes and seems like a family man, so I don't think there's any harm in it. He does a great job in editing too, I mean the shots he gets are just amazing. Half the delight in watching their videos is viewing the gorgeous views and things we really take for granted.
I don't know if I'm diggin' this new evil toy thing at the end of the videos but ... at least it's at the end and I don't necessarily need to watch it. :-|

ophi006
Learner
Learner

Post by ophi006 »

I know this is the rave section but I had to get this off my chest/ ask for confirmation and I hate when people endlessly critique parent vloggers in comments - ya'll are more sensible.
Did they really sleep with Grayson in one bed in the back of that truck in the camping vlog a few weeks back? As I understand it, it is very dangerous for adults to sleep with their babies under 2 or 3 for risk of rolling ontop of them and suffocating them as the child cannot push them off. This would have made the risk higher with two of them in the bed. Or did he sleep somewhere else and I totally got the wrong end of the stick?
I know they are great parents but this seemed totally strange...

Also the menu thing mentioned above - This bothers me too. because of both the germs and the facts that (most) restaurants would then have to throw away the menus.

Mugoo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mugoo »

Yes they slept in the same bed - it says in the blog they did.

I have a 7 month old and if he slept between us in bed we are hyper aware of him and would never roll, but if we did he would wake up and yell! Sleeping with an older baby is very different to sleeping with a newborn. But even co-sleeping with a newborn is possible if you follow safety guidelines - I slept with mine until he was 4 months and then he went in this cot.

PoorGracie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by PoorGracie »

ophi006 wrote:I know this is the rave section but I had to get this off my chest/ ask for confirmation and I hate when people endlessly critique parent vloggers in comments - ya'll are more sensible.
Did they really sleep with Grayson in one bed in the back of that truck in the camping vlog a few weeks back? As I understand it, it is very dangerous for adults to sleep with their babies under 2 or 3 for risk of rolling ontop of them and suffocating them as the child cannot push them off. This would have made the risk higher with two of them in the bed. Or did he sleep somewhere else and I totally got the wrong end of the stick?
I know they are great parents but this seemed totally strange...

Also the menu thing mentioned above - This bothers me too. because of both the germs and the facts that (most) restaurants would then have to throw away the menus.
Actually its pretty safe and many countries have been doing this for centuries. In the last decade it has become quite popular in the USA again. :)

ohsotwee
Learner
Learner

Post by ohsotwee »

I think hannah would be happier with a real job where she gets out of the house and talks to actual adults. It can't be fun being all together almost 24/7 whilst trying to do things vlog worthy.

I think the Creepy Bastard and baby rap thing proves they are gradually losing the plot.

I have to say though as a couple I do like them

Mugoo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mugoo »

Grayson's only 9 months old - most women in the UK take 12 months maternity leave.

I'm back off to work tomorrow and my son is just short of 8 months now - I'm ready to do other things and he is ready to spend some time in a lovely nursery.

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

Mugoo wrote:Grayson's only 9 months old - most women in the UK take 12 months maternity leave.

I'm back off to work tomorrow and my son is just short of 8 months now - I'm ready to do other things and he is ready to spend some time in a lovely nursery.
You are lucky if you get 3 months in the states. Yay, capitalism. :rofl:

ohsotwee
Learner
Learner

Post by ohsotwee »

It depends on your maternity policy at work but most women in the uk will take 6-9 months off. Personally, I think maternity leave would drive me up the wall.

ourhouse
Learner
Learner

Post by ourhouse »

ok, we get it stef- you really, really, really like your drone

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

ourhouse wrote:ok, we get it stef- you really, really, really like your drone
Yeah, we really didn't need see their neighbors' yards.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

The drone is cool for the occasional shot of London but it doesn't really add anything groundbreaking to the vlogs.WE want to see them as a family more than shots of london

ohsotwee
Learner
Learner

Post by ohsotwee »

Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon - some of the shots make me feel a bit dizzy

Also I would have thought they would be a bit careful about showing where they live - maybe they haven't reached the zoella level of stalker fan crazies yet

misslost
Lurker
Lurker

Post by misslost »

I'm in love with their drone shots - I'm not from the UK and I love how the Michalaks give me opportunity to peek into the city <3 And the way Stef edits it all beautifully makes it better than any street view app! Plus I love that they show daily life but not in a way SJs do it - instead of 20 minutes walking around the house and doing literally nothing, they mix it up with city sights and nice restaurants, put wonderful (!) independent music in the background - I can't find words and I don't think they get enough recognition for their job with the vids.

Natasja11
Talker
Talker

Post by Natasja11 »

when i first came across them before gleam took them under there wing, i really liked them, i thought there vlogs were modern and they put effort into there vlogs, but in recent times now there all buddys with the british crew, there now so fake and they both have super big egos now they have been noticed. I hate the rudeness in there vlogs, it just ruins it. they constantly swear and make it sound like there baby is saying it is soooo unattractive, just makes an innocent become un cute. and there remark on jesus in recent vlog was disgusting. i'm not religious at all, but i do think that when you have a fan base, these kind of arrogant remarks are unacceptable! stef has a very old close minded personality,just like his dad, with the racist, sexist and rudeness remarks. he needs to get with the times and act more like the hipster hes soo trying to be.

Xovwa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Xovwa »

Not sure how to post pictures or if I'm allowed to post a link but I found Stefan's facebook and in July he wrote a status informing everyone that Grayson was being a 'total prick'

Something's you think but don't say... Or post on facebook

MrsH
Learner
Learner

Post by MrsH »

I have to say the more I watch them the less I like them, it feels like maybe their true personalities are coming out a bit more now they are comfortable ie calling Hannah a slut in front of Grayson and the swearing

Return to “Hannah Maggs”