Sparkling Unicorn
Has thanked: 0

Danielle Carolan - Part 2

Post by Weird Vagina »

continue here :tu:

Re: Danielle Carolan - Part 2

Post by Guest »

Aw come on mods, no creative title for the second thread?! Boooo

But yeah, hilarious how they idolize Katy Bellotte who is the QUEEN of one night stands and drunken sex.

fall_leaves
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by fall_leaves »

Danielle frustrates me so much. I was listening to one of their podcasts and she talks about how she works so hard in school and has to create a balance with youtube and school work. this girl honestly needs to get her act together because third and fourth year (and probably fifth for her) get sooo much harder. She shouldn't justify bad and mediocre grades by saying she doesnt want to get into grad school- you should want to do well for the sake of learning the content! If she wants to get anything out of the degree at all, she has to learn something. and you don't do that by sitting around and going on trips everywhere.

Also, it makes me laugh how she thinks so many people look up to her. As someone who has a bachelors, got into grad school (and started, but hated it) and is doing a second degree, it makes me laugh at how she thinks she can just breeze by and be an inspiring "girl boss". Once she realizes that school does get significantly harder, it will hit her like a ton of bricks. Youtube won't last forever and eventually she'll have to earn money some other way..hopefully she can get out of her little bubble and realize that good things dont last forever. When she gets out of college, what content will she even have to film?!

gooroosphailin
Informer
Informer

Post by gooroosphailin »

Her and Brooke are always complaining about "hate comments" but they clearly do not see how judgemental they are themselves

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

fall_leaves wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:15 am
Danielle frustrates me so much. I was listening to one of their podcasts and she talks about how she works so hard in school and has to create a balance with youtube and school work. this girl honestly needs to get her act together because third and fourth year (and probably fifth for her) get sooo much harder. She shouldn't justify bad and mediocre grades by saying she doesnt want to get into grad school- you should want to do well for the sake of learning the content! If she wants to get anything out of the degree at all, she has to learn something. and you don't do that by sitting around and going on trips everywhere.

Also, it makes me laugh how she thinks so many people look up to her. As someone who has a bachelors, got into grad school (and started, but hated it) and is doing a second degree, it makes me laugh at how she thinks she can just breeze by and be an inspiring "girl boss". Once she realizes that school does get significantly harder, it will hit her like a ton of bricks. Youtube won't last forever and eventually she'll have to earn money some other way..hopefully she can get out of her little bubble and realize that good things dont last forever. When she gets out of college, what content will she even have to film?!
Real life is going to hit her so hard. Once she graduates, she is going to realize that she is the opposite of a girl boss. I graduated college with a similar major, and moved to NYC and got an entry-level job, and let me tell you, it is difficult. My first few months were horrible. The pay in NYC for an entry level job is a joke, and NYC is one of the most expensive cities. While Youtube will surely help to supplement her income, she really needs to learn how to budget her money and time. She is in for a huge wake-up call.

Post by Guest »

darcyking wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 pm
fall_leaves wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:15 am

Real life is going to hit her so hard. Once she graduates, she is going to realize that she is the opposite of a girl boss. I graduated college with a similar major, and moved to NYC and got an entry-level job, and let me tell you, it is difficult. My first few months were horrible. The pay in NYC for an entry level job is a joke, and NYC is one of the most expensive cities. While Youtube will surely help to supplement her income, she really needs to learn how to budget her money and time. She is in for a huge wake-up call.
Do you guys think she is going to get/need an entry level job upon graduation? With the amount of subs she has/frequency with which she posts, do you think she'd be able to survive off of YouTube? I know New York is a different city than Boston in that it's much more expensive, but Gretchen Geraghty and Maggie MacDonald are planning on living in Boston solely off of YouTube. Danielle has more subs than they do, and her videos get more views. Moreover, I can't really see Danielle being the kind of person who would be good at a normal job. As much as it would frustrate me that she could live off of YouTube, unfortunately I think that might be possible.

gooroosphailin
Informer
Informer

Post by gooroosphailin »

justaregulargirl wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 pm
darcyking wrote:
fall_leaves wrote: Danielle frustrates me so much. I was listening to one of their podcasts and she talks about how she works so hard in school and has to create a balance with youtube and school work. this girl honestly needs to get her act together because third and fourth year (and probably fifth for her) get sooo much harder. She shouldn't justify bad and mediocre grades by saying she doesnt want to get into grad school- you should want to do well for the sake of learning the content! If she wants to get anything out of the degree at all, she has to learn something. and you don't do that by sitting around and going on trips everywhere.

Do you guys think she is going to get/need an entry level job upon graduation? With the amount of subs she has/frequency with which she posts, do you think she'd be able to survive off of YouTube? I know New York is a different city than Boston in that it's much more expensive, but Gretchen Geraghty and Maggie MacDonald are planning on living in Boston solely off of YouTube. Danielle has more subs than they do, and her videos get more views. Moreover, I can't really see Danielle being the kind of person who would be good at a normal job. As much as it would frustrate me that she could live off of YouTube, unfortunately I think that might be possible.

Maggie definitely has to be getting help from her parents.

fall_leaves
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by fall_leaves »

justaregulargirl wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 pm
darcyking wrote:
fall_leaves wrote: Danielle frustrates me so much. I was listening to one of their podcasts and she talks about how she works so hard in school and has to create a balance with youtube and school work. this girl honestly needs to get her act together because third and fourth year (and probably fifth for her) get sooo much harder. She shouldn't justify bad and mediocre grades by saying she doesnt want to get into grad school- you should want to do well for the sake of learning the content! If she wants to get anything out of the degree at all, she has to learn something. and you don't do that by sitting around and going on trips everywhere.

Honestly, I dont think it would be sustainable for her. It may work for a short while, but I highly doubt that she will be able to afford the lifestyle that she is used to and needs to uphold the brand/ image for herself that she is creating. She wants an extravagant lifestyle. I think that she'd find herself struggling financially. Again, Youtube will not last forever. Besides, her current content is merely college vlogs, routines, and massive hauls. What would she even film is she were living in New York under a budget? I'd genuinely be interested in watching her if she underwent a huge lifestyle change and showed the challenges of being independent in a big city.

That being said, she has rich parents that she can depend on so she can probably afford to live in New York off of their money, no problem. If that is what she wants for herself, then fine. I don't particularly respect that and I'd feel guilty if i did that. Also, Danielle would be fine in a regular job if she found the right one. She just has to apply herself and get out of the mindset that life is a party and full of travelling, drinking, and shopping. Life is FULL of responsibility and unfortunately that is part of growing up and becoming an adult. No one likes it, everyone has to do it. That's not to say that a regular job HAS to be boring, you just have to find one suited to you..like Katy Bellotte did. There is so much opportunity in the workforce for something that may interest her.

ecl663
Learner
Learner

Post by ecl663 »

She doesn't even seem to be interested in any internships; she wants to "create her own internship" and live in NYC in the summer so she definitely has zero interest in getting an entry level job in NYC. Her parents support her ridiculous internship idea, so I'm sure they'll help her out financially once she moves there.

The real question is how is Brooke going to survive the move to NYC? She definitely needs a full time job.

Autumnlove879
Learner
Learner

Post by Autumnlove879 »

Yeah if she manages to get a job (FYI Danielle, youtube isn’t a college and doesn’t qualify as a degree) she is in for a huge awakening. If mommy and daddy don’t support her anymore she is going to have to pay for rent, utilities etc, which she clearly isn’t paying for now (is she paying her rent?) Oh and youtube doesn’t supply benefits!!! Employers aren’t going to see “you tuber” on her resume and automatically offer her six figures.

almic8
Talker
Talker

Post by almic8 »

Not sure about Brooke but Danielle makes six figures I’m assuming. There’s a vlog mom youtuber who has similar numbers to danielle who has said in a q/a that she makes six figures, and brianna white has said that adsense is “nothing” to her (“only” a few thousand a month). No doubt she is making bank now i just wonder how long it will last

Jonasluvr4evr
Debater
Debater

Post by Jonasluvr4evr »

almic8 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:09 pm
Not sure about Brooke but Danielle makes six figures I’m assuming. There’s a vlog mom youtuber who has similar numbers to danielle who has said in a q/a that she makes six figures, and brianna white has said that adsense is “nothing” to her (“only” a few thousand a month). No doubt she is making bank now i just wonder how long it will last
No way Danielle is making six figures. She also doesn’t get a lot of views considering the amount of subs she has. She continues to do her college vlogs because they’re the only things that get views. Her fashion videos maybe get 50-75k views and her vlogs only get about 100k. Danielle has said that she pays for her apartment and I believe that as that is the only thing she has said that she pays for. Her rent is really expensive for where she lives. With rent and utilities, it probably costs her about $13,000 a year to live in her apt if you also consider the months of rent she paid for her stuff to sit there over the summer. She also spend more than her rent on miscellaneous purchases and always eating out, not to mention her $160/month orange theory membership. So she may make quite a bit on YouTube right now, but her spending habits are so out of control that I guarantee she will go broke when her YouTube slows down.

It doesn’t matter how much money you make; if you spend all of it, you have nothing. There are NBA and NFL players that made millions but are conpletely broke because of their ridiculous spending habits. Danielle has a horrible work ethic, she is never going to get a normal job and won’t like any she’s at because then it won’t be all about her. She could be making good money now, but no one taught her to say no to things and it shows. She is truly going to struggle financially someday and I bet it will affect her relationship if she ever finds a man that will put up with her materialistic selfish self.

I remember one time Danielle saying that she wants to marry and NBA or NFL player one day because they’re athletes and they make a lot. Good luck Danielle.

I don’t see her ever getting married. Not saying that every girl needs a man to support her but obviously having a second household income helps. Her horrible spending habits are going to backfire one day and it will be truly sad.

Also, I don’t agree with all of the body shaming. I think as girls life is hard as it is and we all struggle with self image time to time, so I don’t want to make her life harder by that either. My only issue is that she hides the way she really looks. Danielle and I are the same age, come from similar backgrounds, and we both have similar body shapes. I remember watching Danielle when we were sophomores and I truly liked her. I do remember though that she was pretty thin. When she was dancing she did not have these “muscular thighs” that she always talks about now. It’s okay that she gained weight in college and that her hips, butt, and thighs are bigger now because honestly...same here! I think her natural body looks fine because it’s honest and it’s what she looks like. I have issues when she goes to great lengths to show certain angles of herself and make herself look taller and slimmer. Her “Dan fam” will love her no matter what her body looks like, she should at least be honest about it.

Post by Guest »

Danielle wouldn’t last a week in a regular job. Neither would Brooke. All Brooke does is bitch and whine about how boring and awful her internship was this summer, and last summer when she didn’t like it she straight up quit after like 3 weeks. These two are immature, delusional girls who are fucked when they move to NYC. Danielle is in a better situation because dr creepy daddy will pay for her rent, but Brooke said she can’t even afford to live in the city. She’s not even living in the state of New York! She’s stuck in Jersey. Danielle will never budget her money or work hard to have an actual career because she’s too busy living in lalaland where it’s okay to buy yourself $9,000 of Cartier jewelry for no reason whatsoever.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

almic8
Talker
Talker

Post by almic8 »

I think a lot of viewers underestimate how much money you tubers are making. in addition to that other person on youtube who said that she makes six figures (can’t remember her actual channel name) brianna white has way fewer views and insta followers and she also said that she makes six figures. i don’t see why she would lie. so i believe that danielle does, honestly. brand deals and sponsorships add up when you get like 5k for an instagram post and probably a similar amount or more for a youtube video. it’s hard to stomach because they seem undeserving (which is why a lot of us are here on this forum) but it is what it is.

Jonasluvr4evr
Debater
Debater

Post by Jonasluvr4evr »

almic8 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:06 pm
I think a lot of viewers underestimate how much money you tubers are making. in addition to that other person on youtube who said that she makes six figures (can’t remember her actual channel name) brianna white has way fewer views and insta followers and she also said that she makes six figures. i don’t see why she would lie. so i believe that danielle does, honestly. brand deals and sponsorships add up when you get like 5k for an instagram post and probably a similar amount or more for a youtube video. it’s hard to stomach because they seem undeserving (which is why a lot of us are here on this forum) but it is what it is.
Even if she makes that much, i bet Danielle spends close to it every year and it will only get worse

almic8
Talker
Talker

Post by almic8 »

Agreed. It’s interesting though because we can look to her friend Kenzie elizabeth’s channel to see an example of a channel that is effectively dying out (her views/numbers are v bad) but she is still out in LA supporting herself (i believe she said that she does not get help from her parents which is good for her!) and living her life without what seems to be little financial struggle.

crusty gossip
Talker
Talker

Post by crusty gossip »

Following

Post by Guest »

Brooke just did the assumptions about me, I wonder if Danielle will do the same, I would love to see the kind of assumptions she would get, but knowing her, that she probably wouldn't address.

Seaside22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Seaside22 »

People grossly underestimate how much people make on YouTube. If you know anybody in advertising or marketing then can tell you that these girls are making $5k for an Instagram post, $10k for series of videos on a brand, and get a plethora of stuff sent to them for free. Adsense gives them “nothing” in comparison and they still make around $1000/month just from people watching their videos, this does not include the sponsorships. Danielle also has enough fan girls who are buying branded backpacks by her. She’s loaded and can easily afford to live in NYC for a summer with no real job.

Seaside22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Seaside22 »

LOL at Brooke’s assumptions about her parents helping her with money... “I’m financially independent except my college tuition, my rent, and my car payment”... so you’re not financially independent. In fact it’s the exact opposite, the money you make is all fun money...

Return to “Danielle Marie Carolan”