Glitterature videos

BooRadley17
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Glitterature videos

Post by BooRadley17 »

Off that list I've only read The Secret Garden, as well as the Sophie Kinsella books during an embarrassing chick-lit phase I went through. I think it's great that she's interested in and promoting books though. With all this crap technology we have now it's easy to forget that the wonderful world of literature still exists, especially if you live in the kind of universe Elle and Blair are in.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Her agents hook her up with the books. Why can't she promote books the kids are reading in school? Classic literature that is being lost by Tween frill. Oh right, no money.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

al218 wrote:Her agents hook her up with the books. Why can't she promote books the kids are reading in school? Classic literature that is being lost by Tween frill. Oh right, no money.
Or maybe she just doesn't like those kinds of books.

BooRadley17
Learner
Learner

Post by BooRadley17 »

xxkath wrote:
al218 wrote:Her agents hook her up with the books. Why can't she promote books the kids are reading in school? Classic literature that is being lost by Tween frill. Oh right, no money.
Or maybe she just doesn't like those kinds of books.
Agreed. Reading is great no matter what book it is and it's kind of douchey to judge people for what kind of literature they enjoy... and this is coming from a huge fan of the classics.

PHAIL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PHAIL »

I didn't like those books when I was actually IN school, and I don't think I'd like them now either. In fact I know I wouldn't because I've tried reading some over again and they were still as terrible as the first time. I stand by my thinking that Catcher In the Rye is the worst book ever written. Everyone has different tastes. I do think she should expand her horizons but I have difficulty going after someone who actually reads when it's becoming a lost art nowadays.

Return to “Elle Fowler”