AllThatFilters21 - Elle Fowler - Part 10

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AllThatFilters21 - Elle Fowler - Part 10

Post by litnerd »

I'm watching her declutter and getting so pissed off at all the fricking PR that she kept getting even though she completely ghosted her channel. WTF, what a waste. If you stop producing content shouldn't you contact the PR companies and let them know? Or shouldn't they keep up with making sure the people on their list are worth sending to? I'm not jealous....I'm just pissed at the entitlement and waste.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

Yeah I can’t believe she still on anyone’s pr list. It’s kind of rude and selfish of her to keep letting them send her things like that. It pisses me off that companies still send her stuff that she isn’t even going to review for them. Send it to someone else who will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Her makeup collection ticked me off. No human needs that much makeup! Also half that collection was sent for review which she never did and was never opened!!! It was sickening to see so much makeup wasted! Same for the brushes she didn’t really make a dent in that collection! Why do you need 9 of the same brush?? Do you use it? I can’t. So many girls who went to cosmetology school or have an career in makeup would love this. Meanwhile these youtubers do nothing with it and it gets thrown away. I thought the point of PR makeup was to show your followers so it can increase sales?

How many unopened mascaras does one girl need who most likely never uses them.

Her collection is still excessive and she got rid of half of it! What the hell.

I’m not a makeup person so I am in one way envious of this and just cringe looking at it.

That hello kitty blush needs to go. She’s had for I don’t know how many years. I get it’s sentimental.... is it because it’s hello kitty. I’m sure she forgot about it until she did this video

HubertCumberdale
Informer
Informer

Post by HubertCumberdale »

okay i’m only a few minutes in and her intro was so awkward “Hi my name is Elle”
...yes sis we know

her hair looks awful and i feel like she’s using a filter to make everything look soft and the background looks weird..like she’s using a green screen.
"It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it if it were easy. " -Tyrion Lannister

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

It's kinda hard to get gurus off PR lists, unless they get into a scandal, or the guru themselves specifically requests to be taken off. I've said before I work for a PR/media company that helps influencers with brand deals, and sooooo many companies have gurus on their PR lists who don't even make videos anymore. They don't really do their research and so many older people who don't know how social media engagement works are usually the ones handling it. I've tried to get gurus taken off before, and get companies to send their stuff to more relevant creators, and they don't listen. One of the only companies who does a good job with PR these days is Fenty Beauty. Well, besides sending stuff to Jeffree lol.

I couldn't imagine keeping a makeup product for YEARS, even if it was sentimental. It's not even like she's collecting vintage makeup from the 40's or 50's like I've seen some makeup artists do, it's just junk. Imagine how many times she's had someone pack up that Hello Kitty blush and move it from house to house lol.

Walking Pharmacy
Debater
Debater

Post by Walking Pharmacy »

Petty complaint: it annoys me so much that she always says "my baby" instead of just referring to him by his name. Like yes we know you birthed a sex trophy congratulations we will still know if you just say James. :roll:

Not_a_sponsored_post
Talker
Talker

Post by Not_a_sponsored_post »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:36 pm
i couldn't even make it past 10 minutes, that was so boring
I kept skipping around to see when it would get interesting. It never did.
I found I really preferred her Insta stories to her videos. She's so much more relaxed and natural in the Instas.

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

I found it so boring but mainly because I’ve seen her declutter her makeup a billion times before. I really think she should have started with a different section especially if she’s trying to get away from the old beauty guru persona.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

I don’t see how she’s going to sustain a yt channel. After this declutter series is over, what is she going to film? She does nothing. She doesn’t cook, exercise, clean, etc. She doesn’t even leave the house most days! All she does is make stickers and she already has a channel for that. I guess she can review baby products? And maybe a book she claims to read so she can plug audible again. But other than that I just don’t know.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

Walking Pharmacy wrote:Petty complaint: it annoys me so much that she always says "my baby" instead of just referring to him by his name. Like yes we know you birthed a sex trophy congratulations we will still know if you just say James. :roll:

It drives me up the wall when she refers to him as “little.”

Melissa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Melissa »

prettylights92 wrote:
Walking Pharmacy wrote:Petty complaint: it annoys me so much that she always says "my baby" instead of just referring to him by his name. Like yes we know you birthed a sex trophy congratulations we will still know if you just say James. :roll:

It drives me up the wall when she refers to him as “little.”

SAME. just how she never uses his name in general. it aggravates the shit out of me. i know it’s petty but she very rarely calls him james. it’s either “little” which sounds dumb as hell or calling him the baby. it just seems so unattached.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Well it pisses me off that she is dumber than a box of rocks and consistently gets what she wants out of life

devilishtenshi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by devilishtenshi »

I’m guilty of doing this. I can see why it is annoying to some but it’s just her pet name or nickname for him. If she keeps it up she’ll end up in my boat Image my daughter is 3 1/2. I call her by her name all the time but I also call her baby. So now I get her getting upset and telling me “I’m not a baby!” And I have to apologize and call her a little girl lmao

As far as the declutter video... it was alright Image I found it a bit boring just because I’m sick of makeup declutters. I love beauty and makeup but I’m not as into it as I used to be so that particular content doesn’t excite me. I don’t care what blushes you own and keep anymore. I’ll be more curious to watch other areas of her home tbh!

I agree it was a poor idea to start with the makeup as the first “real” video back if she wants to step away from the beauty community. I would of saved that footage for a few weeks down the line.

orangetasticgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by orangetasticgirl »

Late to the game, finally watched the makeup declutter. I was kinda disappointed that she didn't go into what she kept/gave away with more detail, like I get that she wanted it to be short but that's what I liked about her other declutter series that she gave up on. I wanted the deets! haha

Yassbeeyatch
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Yassbeeyatch »

Long time lurker but had to create an account just to say how completely unimpressed I am with her video. I really enjoyed her previous declutters where she went through category by category. I don’t know why I’m even surprised that she took the lazy option though!! Between this and Blair’s failure to post her update video I think the last tiny tiny tiny bit of fondness I had for them just died.

marakoojah_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by marakoojah_ »

why can’t these beauty gurus give away some of their unwanted makeup to the subscribers? is there a rule against it? she got sent the whole 64 or whatever number of shades of the new mac concealer. she’s not a makeup artist so she won’t use all of them. she said she’ll give it to friends and family but she can also share it to her subscribers who are essentially the reason for her having those products. am i making sense

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

marakoojah_ wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:09 am
why can’t these beauty gurus give away some of their unwanted makeup to the subscribers? is there a rule against it? she got sent the whole 64 or whatever number of shades of the new mac concealer. she’s not a makeup artist so she won’t use all of them. she said she’ll give it to friends and family but she can also share it to her subscribers who are essentially the reason for her having those products. am i making sense

Let's face it her "friends and family" will comprise of like, three shades of that concealer, max.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

You know what was very telling? On her instastories (yesterday, I think), she said people were asking what she would do with all the makeup that she's getting rid of, and she responded something like "since a lot of it was free PR, I don't feel right selling it, so I'm going to give it to friends and family and donate some to a women's shelter".

If that's not proof that she only sees her subscribers as a means for getting money, nothing is. The idea of giving anything away to her subscribers (you know, where she'd actually need to spend her OWN money packaging and mailing it out) apparently didn't even cross her mind. So her decluttering video is basically saying "Look at all this shit I have that I don't even want! And haha you guys can't have any of it!"

Now, look - there are solid reasons for not sending strangers, say, your used makeup, even if they really want it (like possible medical liability if they get sick from any bacteria lurking in the product). But if that's her concern, she should just explain it (maybe now she will - hi Elle, and you're welcome for giving you an out).

haterade073
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by haterade073 »

fauxfox wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am
You know what was very telling? On her instastories (yesterday, I think), she said people were asking what she would do with all the makeup that she's getting rid of, and she responded something like "since a lot of it was free PR, I don't feel right selling it, so I'm going to give it to friends and family and donate some to a women's shelter".

If that's not proof that she only sees her subscribers as a means for getting money, nothing is. The idea of giving anything away to her subscribers (you know, where she'd actually need to spend her OWN money packaging and mailing it out) apparently didn't even cross her mind. So her decluttering video is basically saying "Look at all this shit I have that I don't even want! And haha you guys can't have any of it!"

Now, look - there are solid reasons for not sending strangers, say, your used makeup, even if they really want it (like possible medical liability if they get sick from any bacteria lurking in the product). But if that's her concern, she should just explain it (maybe now she will - hi Elle, and you're welcome for giving you an out).

Lets be real, she won't give the products away. That would involve her doing actual work.

getlit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by getlit »

fauxfox wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am

By saying she doesn't feel right selling it, makes it sound like a moral decision, as opposed to the truth, you are not allowed to sell PR. It's not a choice. (I know I'm being petty but I don't like her misleading people in to thinking she's just doing the right thing for her own moral reasons)

Return to “Elle Fowler”