Elle's Tweets

savetheempire
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Elle's Tweets

Post by savetheempire »

SparklyMuffinUnicorn wrote:Her tweets about knitting "kitten mittens" for pinecone sound SO dumb. Seriously as if she would start knitting. She's like a child that suddenly get's obsessed with something but loses interest in it just as quickly . Blair tweeted how Elle got tons of yarn... :roll: yeah like she ever would do something useful with it ...

Maybe she got offered a sponsorship for yarn :lol:
Had to:
[youtube][/youtube]

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Arielle »

savetheempire wrote:
SparklyMuffinUnicorn wrote:Her tweets about knitting "kitten mittens" for pinecone sound SO dumb. Seriously as if she would start knitting. She's like a child that suddenly get's obsessed with something but loses interest in it just as quickly . Blair tweeted how Elle got tons of yarn... :roll: yeah like she ever would do something useful with it ...

Maybe she got offered a sponsorship for yarn :lol:
Had to:
[youtube][/youtube]
LOL love that show!!

aggieyorkie
Learner
Learner

Post by aggieyorkie »

Knitting takes talent and lots of time. Elle only has one of those two things....and I think we all know which is which.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

aggieyorkie wrote:Knitting takes talent and lots of time. Elle only has one of those two things....and I think we all know which is which.
It doesn't take that much talent lol I learned how to knit in the 7th grade. Knitting is very simple.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Arielle wrote:
aggieyorkie wrote:Knitting takes talent and lots of time. Elle only has one of those two things....and I think we all know which is which.
It doesn't take that much talent lol I learned how to knit in the 7th grade. Knitting is very simple.
i dunno, maybe the basics are simple but to make something beautiful i think it takes talent and a lot of skill. i don't know how to knit so maybe my opinion doesn't really matter but i'm very impressed by intricate designs.
imma ball til the day i fall

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

It's like anything else, you just have to practice and work at it to get good (like a YT channel :? ). My gran has been knitting for like 60 years but she still can't do a cable pattern bc she admits she never bothered learning. Same w me, I've been making jewelery for years but haven't bothered to learn knotting or beading patterns. If Elle is anything like me (or half the planet), she'll prob spend $100 on yarn and then quit after a month :P

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

Angie V wrote:
Arielle wrote:
i dunno, maybe the basics are simple but to make something beautiful i think it takes talent and a lot of skill. i don't know how to knit so maybe my opinion doesn't really matter but i'm very impressed by intricate designs.
Well yeah, the more detailed something is, the more difficult it is. But knitting something like a simple scarf isn't that difficult haha. My entire 7th grade class learned how to knit and we were all shocked at how easy it was to knit scarves. I don't expect she'll be wanting to knit anything more than basic mittens and scarves anyways.

Post by Guest »

I took knitting classes because it was really difficult to learn how to knit by watching YT videos. I made that mistake teaching myself crochet and I was close to smashing my computer when that was over lol. Mittens can be tricky especially if you're knitting in the round because then you have to decrease/increase when you get to the thumb gusset (assuming that's the kind she's making). I find it laughable her minions are asking for a knitting how-to video. Sure it's simple to knit and purl once you get the hang of it, but do you really think Elle is going to teach them how to fix dropped stitches or how to cast off? Haha. No.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

So she has time to sit on her ass and knit, but no time to upload all this time. Whatever Lisa. I'm going to watch Fleur's new video now. Bye!

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

al218 wrote:So she has time to sit on her ass and knit, but no time to upload all this time. Whatever Lisa. I'm going to watch Fleur's new video now. Bye!
haahah i love when people call her lisa :lol:

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

al218 wrote:Glitzy glam just lost a customer.
You shouldn't have been a customer in the first place. The Fowlers were exposed as dishonest scam artists over 4 years ago. They've been in it for the money long before they made a living off youtube. Unfortunately, most of their subscribers at the time didn't know that, and to this day still don't know. That is the reason the girls got away with it. Why you give these lying girls your money is beyond me. :?

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Well, I have NO problem with them capitalizing off what they got into to. If I was them I would cash in too not in a New York minute...but a New York SECOND. Bravo to them for finding a niche.

I discovered her videos last year and they put me in a much better mood. Due to circumstances I was isolated and depressed and I needed some frivolity to cheer me up. I bought from Glitzy Glam because I wanted to support what they were doing and it made me feel like I was a part of the fun. A part of an experience...as stupid and cheesy and frivolous as it sounds.

I truly admired their hard work. But after the last 3-4 months, I just can't support the brand anymore. (plus my life has gotten SOOO much better). :D

aperecium
Learner
Learner

Post by aperecium »

Username wrote:
You shouldn't have been a customer in the first place. The Fowlers were exposed as dishonest scam artists over 4 years ago. They've been in it for the money long before they made a living off youtube. Unfortunately, most of their subscribers at the time didn't know that, and to this day still don't know. That is the reason the girls got away with it. Why you give these lying girls your money is beyond me. :?

What's the story there? I never cared about Glitzy Glam as their products are completely not in my taste, but I've never heard about Fowler's having problems with their company. I always thought of this 'project' as something Mrs Fowler got into when she got bored of being a SAHM. It has never looked to me as something actually profitable, but then I always assumed no one's buying this stuff.

SparklyMuffinUnicorn
Talker
Talker

Post by SparklyMuffinUnicorn »

Glad to hear you're better al218 <3

Isn't Elle still saying it's their shop while Blair admitted it's their moms business? :D

aggieyorkie
Learner
Learner

Post by aggieyorkie »

PharmacyFairy wrote:Someone has replied to Elles knitting tweet asking when the Skylark perfumes are going to be sent out. Clearly some people if not all who bought the samples havent got their full sizes yet...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

aggieyorkie wrote:
PharmacyFairy wrote:Someone has replied to Elles knitting tweet asking when the Skylark perfumes are going to be sent out. Clearly some people if not all who bought the samples havent got their full sizes yet...
Wow... On the one hand, that's really shitty. On the other hand, I can't help but laugh at their demise. I guess it depends on why the perfume wont be coming out. Is it because they are too lazy to keep up with it or weren't getting enough money from it? Or was it because the company looked into it and realised they couldn't sell enough or it just wasn't worth making them.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

I think the company realized it wasn't worth to buy more product.

BlablaEvi
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by BlablaEvi »

The only thing that's being missing from her life is a rocking chair and she will be the perfect example of a granny!
Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality...

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

al218 wrote:Well, I have NO problem with them capitalizing off what they got into to.
The problem wasn't that they were taking advantage of the opportunity. The problem was that they did it in a dishonest way.

They charged companies to review their unknown products, pretended they bought it themselves, and gave it glowing reviews. That’s essentially a disguised commercial. This might not sound like a big deal to people now because the beauty community is largely sponsored now, but they did this in 2009 when the makeup community was REAL people doing REAL reviews.

They knew they had a VERY young audience, but they didn’t care if they ended up buying the products they reviewed. What mattered more to them was they cashed in on the reviews the company paid them to do.

When they caught got, they denied it, ignored it, and to this day have never come clean. Their popularity continued to explode and that overshadowed the amount of people who knew about this, and now it’s completely forgotten, which is why people like you who only started watching them recently have no clue about their shady past. It's disgusting they got away with all of it and most of their subscribers (including people on this board) know nothing of it.
I truly admired their hard work.
Are you referring to Glitzy Glam? It's not hard work to promote their mom's business.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

aperecium wrote:
Username wrote:

What's the story there? I never cared about Glitzy Glam as their products are completely not in my taste, but I've never heard about Fowler's having problems with their company. I always thought of this 'project' as something Mrs Fowler got into when she got bored of being a SAHM. It has never looked to me as something actually profitable, but then I always assumed no one's buying this stuff.
It has nothing to do with Glitzy Glam. In a nutshell, back when the beauty community turned into a giant infomercial, it was REAL people doing real reviews. Elle and Blair charged companies to review their unknown products, portrayed themselves as regular girls doing honest reviews of new products they discovered, when underneath it all, it was just all a disguised commercial. They got caught, denied it, their popularity continued to explode because most of their incoming subs knew nothing of their scam past, and it's been largely forgotten for several years now. They've never come clean about it to this day and it bothers me there are still so many posters on this board who trust them and continue to buy their products.

Return to “Elle Fowler”