January Favorites ♥ 2014!

GuruSayWhat
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: January Favorites ♥ 2014!

Post by GuruSayWhat »

caomei wrote:I was super disappointed. But as soon as I saw the new Clinique blushes in the opening picture I had a feeling they were sponsored because they just came out so how could they already be a favourite? That's hardly enough time to really love a product.

And 'lo and behold they were sponsored. And same with the stupid Liz Earl stuff which I almost got suckered into buying asap (like order it online that moment) until I saw that it was also sponsored.

Another video for Elle to shove paid product placement down our throats. I have a feeling that's the only reason she posted an actual beauty video so soon after that closet tour.

Honestly, her skin care stuff changes more than people change their underwear and most of the time it's a sponsored product she's hailing as the new skin saver. Um, really Elle?
I've used the Liz Earle skincare line for years and it has done my skin wonders! Seriously. It controlled my acne-prone skin, and has generally became a lifesaver for me. I changed cleanser last year for a couple of months and as soon as that bottle was done I was right back to Liz Earle.
*Disclaimer: I have not been sponsored to talk highly of Liz Earle products :lol:

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

Sunset123 wrote:
Mallory wrote:Did she say that her natural hair is thick? Her whole ponytail is as thick as a pencil.

i know LMAO i love that. shes sitting there talking about the heaps of hair that she says meanwhile i can count her hairstrands on one hand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AND SHE DOESN'T HAVE CURLY HAIR. It's barely wavy. I just want to smack the girl every time she talks about the "struggle" of taming her hair.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

She is a train wreck. Eyelashes were hideous. Clicked out after the babytalk to the cat. She's 100% irrelevant.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

The word she was looking for is "texture". You can have fine hair but lots of it, with different textures that make it wire-y & hard to manage. My stylist used this term for my hair bc it takes forever to blow dry & iron and the hair underneath is extremely curly.

In one of her videos from Cabo w Ingrid, she filmed her hair "natural" and you can see it's a bit wavy.

But she is full of shit. She has mentioned having dry *non-breakout-prone skin* so many times, all of a sudden she needs skincare for breakouts? Lies. She showed those Proactive wipes in an empties video and said she never used or showed them bc she doesn't break out.

telle0x
Informer
Informer

Post by telle0x »

Yeah, well every beauty guru thinks that getting 1-2 pimples around that time of the month and having blackheads on your nose means you have acne-prone skin. I remember I believed this too from watching YT years ago until I went to a skincare counter and they literally laughed and were like..."uhrmmm no almost everyone gets hormonal pimples, you have normal skin" - but then again, these beauty gurus may actually break out more because they always change up their products and really cake on their faces every day, but who knows. They all think they are the most special snowflakes, with un-tamable hair and super sensitive everything :roll:

kittykat12
Learner
Learner

Post by kittykat12 »

I dont understand her logic in wearing those very obvious tacky looking eyelashes. Her makeup wasn't even dramatic enough for those HUGE lashes. She's a complete idiot.

GuruSayWhat
Debater
Debater

Post by GuruSayWhat »

The amount of makeup she was wearing at 7am! :-o :shock: Was she just in from a night out?!

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Yeah something isn't adding up. You'd think her makeup would look fresh first thing in the a.m but it doesn't. She looks like she'd been out the night before & woke up with her lashes still on, threw her hair up and filmed.

I honestly don't remember the last time she inspired me to try a product. I never watch her videos & think "Ooh what lipstick is she wearing?" or "I want to know what she's doing with her hair/skin lately?". Like in Ingrids' thread, the discussion about whether she colours her hair or not or in Fleurs' thread, everyone talks about how nice her skin is. She isn't doing anything that I'm curious about, idk if that makes sense?

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

I don't know anything about eyelash extensions but since Blair just got them I assumed that's what Elle had done too.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

Evolve wrote:I don't know anything about eyelash extensions but since Blair just got them I assumed that's what Elle had done too.
Eyelash extensions don't look like that.

And here's a pic she just posted of herself - definitely not the same as in her video.

BabyShanks
Debater
Debater

Post by BabyShanks »

Anyone notice how her ponytail doesn't move at all when he head moves around? Especially the ends.
Her hair looks fried.

Return to “Elle Fowler”