ICALLITNEVERMOVINGTOSEATTLE GENERAL THREAD 7

peachesandcream
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITNEVERMOVINGTOSEATTLE GENERAL THREAD 7

Post by peachesandcream »

The apartment hunting video was the first video I've enjoyed from her in a while. The padmapper website is a pretty cool find. I loved her makeup and I think if she had a different hairstyle she wouldn't have looked like she was in her 30s.

frenchfriesandpizza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by frenchfriesandpizza »

Isn't it a bit premature for an apartment/moving guide? I know she's moved there already but there's no telling if it's successful.. She could run out of money, be unable to pay rent, and have to move back within a few months. I mean she doesn't even have a job, wouldn't that be part of a successful move?

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

^ I mean it was just about finding a good apartment, not about maintaining her lifestyle. I think she actually knew what she was talking about for once

potato
Informer
Informer

Post by potato »

I think she appears to look better than usual in her new video because the camera is angled downward, as apposed to her usual straight forward angling. Her double chin is less distracting now that you cant see it bobbling around with every word.

DingoPet
Informer
Informer

Post by DingoPet »

According to that video though, it doesn't seem like she has any plans to seek work outside of the house. She mentioned when they might consider getting a better place in the future that it would probably be because Chris had a salary paid job and she was doing more on YouTube. I do get the feeling that she's putting more effort in now. The tips seemed genuinely thought out and, I could be wrong here, but I don't think she's always put a sensible opening comment with google+ on her other videos. The one she left on the apartment hunting comment section appeared like a person actually trying to attract people to their video content.

newstitches
Talker
Talker

Post by newstitches »

DingoPet wrote:According to that video though, it doesn't seem like she has any plans to seek work outside of the house. She mentioned when they might consider getting a better place in the future that it would probably be because Chris had a salary paid job and she was doing more on YouTube. I do get the feeling that she's putting more effort in now. The tips seemed genuinely thought out and, I could be wrong here, but I don't think she's always put a sensible opening comment with google+ on her other videos. The one she left on the apartment hunting comment section appeared like a person actually trying to attract people to their video content.
And then they'll see her other videos and leave ;)

savebella!
Debater
Debater

Post by savebella! »

I'm kind of rooting for her and her channel with this Seattle move but there should be no excuses from her to have a nice filming set up and be more creative with her videos. If she doesn't put up at least 2 videos a week, with Youtube being "full time" now, I will scream.
Also, when will she zoom the fuck out? Her framing does nothing for her body/the video content.

chairmanmeow
Informer
Informer

Post by chairmanmeow »

In her new video I got really mad when she talked about potentially moving into a bigger apartment once Christ gets a better paying job and once she does YouTube "full time" :x YOU CAN STILL GET A FUCKING JOB RACHEL! We all know that doing YouTube full time is just an excuse.

newstitches
Talker
Talker

Post by newstitches »

chairmanmeow wrote:In her new video I got really mad when she talked about potentially moving into a bigger apartment once Christ gets a better paying job and once she does YouTube "full time" :x YOU CAN STILL GET A FUCKING JOB RACHEL! We all know that doing YouTube full time is just an excuse.
But this is Rachel. She's not going to get a job unless they're on the verge of being homeless, if that.
And I'll be thoroughly surprised if she starts doing YouTube "full time."

cosmo
Learner
Learner

Post by cosmo »

The forehead contour just makes her look dirty.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

IDK what she expects to do with her channel. I think that most people who find her videos are going to be turned off by her immaturity and constant cussing. It seems that most people who want to watch tutorials and product reviews don't want to hear 'this shit works fucking great' and 'blend that shit all over' and stuff like that. Maybe her 14 year old tumblr fans thing it's cute but it seems to me that most people who want to follow someone for tutorials and product reviews don't want to hear 'this shit works fucking great' and 'blend that shit out' or whatever. Then there's the general obnoxiousness of the word vomits.
Can you imagine what that "contour" looks like in reality? Even if she did attempt to do it full time, what is she possibly going to do for videos? She already has a million neutral looks, this is the second contour video she's done recently, and I think the unboxing videos are really boring.

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck »

Wtf.ever wrote:IDK what she expects to do with her channel. I think that most people who find her videos are going to be turned off by her immaturity and constant cussing. It seems that most people who want to watch tutorials and product reviews don't want to hear 'this shit works fucking great' and 'blend that shit all over' and stuff like that. Maybe her 14 year old tumblr fans thing it's cute but it seems to me that most people who want to follow someone for tutorials and product reviews don't want to hear 'this shit works fucking great' and 'blend that shit out' or whatever. Then there's the general obnoxiousness of the word vomits.
Can you imagine what that "contour" looks like in reality? Even if she did attempt to do it full time, what is she possibly going to do for videos? She already has a million neutral looks, this is the second contour video she's done recently, and I think the unboxing videos are really boring.
Personally, i find her tutorials and reviews are absolute crap for this reason. "This shit works great" ...okay that gives me no information. and same for her tutorials, she doesnt direct the viewer she just curses to seem cool.
shes getting to the age where excessive cursing just gets weird because it seems like shes trying too hard

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

Yeah it does make her seem like a try hard. Look how she described that bare minerals foundation, it was basically like, 'hey it makes me look fucking flawless, its dewey, covers shit, it has fucking pigment ass shit in it'. That was all I got from the video anyway. Um, how about mention what's in it, how you think it would hold up on various skin types, describe the shade range, how many shades, do they lean warm, cool, how does it do without a 70.00 primer underneath, etc. She didn't even bother describing any details about the colors in the contour kit, who she thinks they would suit (not that i would EVER take her advice on contour color lol ), etc. No one in their right mind would hire her to try and sell products to customers at a place like Sephora if they saw her videos. Not that I think she's actually planning on applying or anything, she's going to sit at home and crank out more neutral eye looks and contour with the wrong color, proclaim it fucking flawless, and call it a day.

newstitches
Talker
Talker

Post by newstitches »

I found her back when I was 17 on tumblr and thought she was hilarious and ~cool~ for cussing and not being the 'typical' guru, but now I'm 20 and I realise it just looks unprofessional lol
Imagine if she tried being a professional make up artist and directed people to her channel; they'd probably find someone else

She reminds me of graveyardgirl in the sense that she's trying to appeal to a younger audience and it's just weird how she's attempting to do it
Other gurus that start out young progress and change as they get older, but she just seems to get worse

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck »

I think there has to be a normal flow to the way one speaks, and a lot of gurus have trouble finding that. Old Rachel seemed to do it fine, she seemed cool because the curses would flow when she would speak.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Ya know, I thought Chris sitting on the floor was just because of their old setup, but in this freaking video she was talking to him like he was sitting on the floor, too. I've said this before but that seriously annoys me and all I can picture is him sitting there gazing up at her while she's filming. Like, fuck off and go do something on your own, dude.

newstitches
Talker
Talker

Post by newstitches »

I can imagine him gazing up at her, legs crossed, hands folded in his lap, with the biggest grin on his face

chairmanmeow
Informer
Informer

Post by chairmanmeow »

she posted a picture today on instagram that was two bottles of alcohol with the caption "I love my job"

uhhhh what job? YouTube doesn't count Rachel...

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

Girl needs to get a job. Not too many people find her appealing besides other weirdos and she barely makes decent videos. H

DingoPet
Informer
Informer

Post by DingoPet »

I know she said that they're buying their furniture at Target, but is it plausible that they will end up spending more than $1500 on everything? even for a studio apartment?

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”