ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Locked
Pats1stdown
Learner
Learner
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:14 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by Pats1stdown » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:26 pm

That poor cat looks like it is freaking annoyed with her.

User avatar
FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:41 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by FrozenLeaves » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:04 pm

The way her hair is situated it looks like she's wearing a life vest. She just looks so swollen.

User avatar
Magnolia
Talker
Talker
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:35 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by Magnolia » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Well at least she's owning up to it. Maybe she will stop being so quick to judge to prevent stuff like this from happening in the future. I think the problem is that she makes her judgements seem so... absolute & final. And then when she changes them, we give her crap for it, because it really does come off as being a hypocrite.
Instead of saying "fuck high end foundation" or "fuck one direction", she could have just said "I don't really feel the need to buy high end foundation" or "I'm not into one direction/I don't like the group" instead of being a bitch about it.
Image

potato
Informer
Informer
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by potato » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:36 am

Right?? I seriously don't understand why she's so passionate about stuff that does not affect her/is so easily avoidable. And it's always completely shallow and consumerist stuff aswell. Like seriously, this bitch gets so worked up about makeup, bands, tv shows.....Like are those really the most important things in her life?

She acts like she's so special and deep but she really has the density of your average rich highschool kid

CheshireCat
Informer
Informer
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by CheshireCat » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:18 am

Magnolia wrote:Well at least she's owning up to it. Maybe she will stop being so quick to judge to prevent stuff like this from happening in the future. I think the problem is that she makes her judgements seem so... absolute & final. And then when she changes them, we give her crap for it, because it really does come off as being a hypocrite.
Instead of saying "fuck high end foundation" or "fuck one direction", she could have just said "I don't really feel the need to buy high end foundation" or "I'm not into one direction/I don't like the group" instead of being a bitch about it.
YES
its because people always beg her to do 'rant' videos (which haven't been funny in years) so she's always ranting and raving

fermacarte
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by fermacarte » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Kelleyfosho wrote:
VelvetVonBlack wrote:Eva Huang20 minutes ago

rachel are you reading guru gossip? cause you're making videos saying exactly what they're talking about you.
Reply · 4

Rachel Whitehurst10 minutes ago

hahahaha i was just assuming HAHAHAHA perfect good
I love how she doesn't even get it lol
Ha. As if she doesn't read these pages. She's trying to make it sound like she doesn't care/it doesn't affect her, but it clearly does if she felt the need to justify her entire life in a video. Everyone already knew she'd been hypocritical about most of those things. The best part is the fact that regardless of this video, she'll continue to be just as dramatic and hypocritical about everything else. At this rate, she'll have to make a series "I'M A HYPOCRITE PART 2".

User avatar
peesawrawls

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by peesawrawls » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:53 pm

I have to admit that I'm glad that Rachel is finally owning up to some of her shit. I still don't like her, and she still needs a lot of work, but good for her. These last 2 videos didn't put as bad of a taste in my mouth as usual because I do think she's grown up a lot in the past year or two. Give it another year or two, and she may calm down and stop being...herself. haha

On another note, what the hell even is she anymore? She has 100+k subscribers, but what is she? Does she still call herself a beauty guru? She doesn't do beauty videos hardly at all anymore. It's more like she's just casually doing YouTube and talks about beauty when she feels like it rather than gearing her channel towards beauty like she used to.

poppythinks
Informer
Informer
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:08 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by poppythinks » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:04 am

She's admitting to being a hypocrite because the posts on this website have forced her to. I highly doubt she did it off her own back. It's all well and good admitting to stuff but it only really matters if you change your behaviour afterwards, so far she hasn't.

shoutout_
Learner
Learner
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:47 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by shoutout_ » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:31 am

She looks thinner in her hypocrite video, in my opinion.

User avatar
peesawrawls

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by peesawrawls » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:51 am

poppythinks wrote:She's admitting to being a hypocrite because the posts on this website have forced her to. I highly doubt she did it off her own back. It's all well and good admitting to stuff but it only really matters if you change your behaviour afterwards, so far she hasn't.
It's still a step in the right direction, imo. I still think she has a loooong way to go. I'm not defending her at all. I dislike her as much as everyone here (if not more haha), but it still takes guts to make a video admitting your faults and post it for thousands of people to watch, you know? Her motives may not be pure, and she may be doing it to get people off her back, but it's still posting it admitting you're wrong to thousands of people...even if you don't mean it, and I feel like she would have to mean it at least a little to do that, but maybe that's just me?

And lately, it feels like she has been shitting on things she dislikes (or knows nothing about and dislikes) a lot less. She's still a narcissist that thinks the internet worships her and her personality is still obnoxious as hell, but I do think she's calming down ever so slightly (the negativity at least). But I don't follow her on tumblr/twitter/instagram at all so I could be wrong, and I apologise if I am. I only look at her social media every so often to see if she's up to any shenanigans, but I haven't really seen anything noteworthy lately.

peril
Informer
Informer
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 2:26 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by peril » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:05 am

Image

Bitch, are you fucking serious? You only talked about ALL THE TIME. YOU STILL TALK ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by Wtf.ever » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:15 am

Huh? She even called the guy who did her hair a douche for putting bleach on her hair iirc. It's not his fault if she can't comprehend ombre requires bleach. Plus she was the one who put all that box dye in her hair in the first place, he needed to lift that out. It's also not his fault she spent a bunch of money fixing it (although I doubt she did.) She should have called the salon and told them she wasn't happy, they would have fixed it for her. Instead she just started putting more box dye all over it.

User avatar
missmars
Talker
Talker
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:38 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by missmars » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:16 am

seriously all she talked about was how fucking terrible her hair was, and let's be honest. it was a damn travesty (EEK:

what baffles me is that she was so insecure about how terrible her hair looked yet she never styled it or worked with it to make it look passable??? she makes it such a point to roll out of bed with ~flawless hair~ (AHAHAHA) when in reality she would have probably been much more comfortable had she taken the time to do something with it. hell, i still think that.

User avatar
Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:14 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by Forever Eccentric » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:17 pm

She should just leave the color red alone. Rachel reminds me of a redhead version Ursula just ten times angrier for no reason

User avatar
dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2661
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by dulapeep » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Forever Eccentric wrote:She should just leave the color red alone. Rachel reminds me of a redhead version Ursula just ten times angrier for no reason
ITA. A nice medium golden brown would suit her nicely I think. The red clashes with her lip colors and washes her out

DingoPet
Informer
Informer
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by DingoPet » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:56 pm

If she was so "unattached" to her hair (again, trying to elevate herself up above people who are), why did she not cut all the bleached part off in the first place instead of thinking she could fix it with clown dye?

CheshireCat
Informer
Informer
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by CheshireCat » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:17 pm

She now posts something about weed on her tumblr every single day. I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it really does. I wonder how long until she just straight up says she smokes in one of her videos. Doesn't her mom watch her vids?

kat4610
Learner
Learner
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:23 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by kat4610 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:44 am

There's nothing wrong with her smoking weed and it's ridiculous to shame that. I'm a full time student medical school at OHSU with a current 3.9 GPA and I smoke every day, almost all day since I was 15. I have a full time job as well, if you spent time reading up on the health benefits of marijuana it'd aid you in making judgement :). It helps a lot with depression so honestly I have nothing wrong with Rach smoking it, she seems more lively lately and getting back to being more real in my opinion! The west coast will do her well, I retract my statement from before.

heartillion
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:47 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by heartillion » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:01 am

kat4610 wrote:There's nothing wrong with her smoking weed and it's ridiculous to shame that. I'm a full time student medical school at OHSU with a current 3.9 GPA and I smoke every day, almost all day since I was 15. I have a full time job as well, if you spent time reading up on the health benefits of marijuana it'd aid you in making judgement :). It helps a lot with depression so honestly I have nothing wrong with Rach smoking it, she seems more lively lately and getting back to being more real in my opinion! The west coast will do her well, I retract my statement from before.
Its not bad if she smokes, I dont think that anyone is saying shes a bad person for it. People are getting irritated because she doesnt shut the fuck up about it as with most people who smoke weed and have to talk about it 20 times an hour.

User avatar
dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2661
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by dulapeep » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:53 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

OT but Kristee was sponsored by Slugbooks... Wonder if Rachel was too. There's no FTC on her 10 Lessons I Learned in College video

I know a lot of gurus aren't honest about sponsorships but it's Rachel so I'm annoyed x 10 more than if it were someone else

User avatar
oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by oxprincessxo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Eh, I don't really care if she was. She actually uses it and it's actually a really beneficial thing for her to be telling people about. It's helped me a lot, and I'm sure it has helped a lot of other people. I get more annoyed when people are sponsored by, say, tissues...

User avatar
dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2661
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by dulapeep » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 pm

oxprincessxo wrote:Eh, I don't really care if she was. She actually uses it and it's actually a really beneficial thing for her to be telling people about. It's helped me a lot, and I'm sure it has helped a lot of other people. I get more annoyed when people are sponsored by, say, tissues...
Hahaha, good point! I was just more annoyed by the fact that she didn't include that in the FTC (if it is true which I'm only assuming)

User avatar
oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by oxprincessxo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:00 am

Yeah, I get that. Meghanrosette also seems to be sponsored by Slugbooks which is ridiculous business for slugbooks because Meghan dropped out of college. So I think you are right, she probably is sponsored / has been sponsored in the past. She should definitely clarify.

CheshireCat
Informer
Informer
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by CheshireCat » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:54 pm

kat4610 wrote:There's nothing wrong with her smoking weed and it's ridiculous to shame that. I'm a full time student medical school at OHSU with a current 3.9 GPA and I smoke every day, almost all day since I was 15. I have a full time job as well, if you spent time reading up on the health benefits of marijuana it'd aid you in making judgement :). It helps a lot with depression so honestly I have nothing wrong with Rach smoking it, she seems more lively lately and getting back to being more real in my opinion! The west coast will do her well, I retract my statement from before.
Chill, I smoke too. People always feel the need to share all their personal info lol idc about your GPA. And idc about her smoking, I care about her constantly needing to brag about it. Even though another poster above me is saying oh marijuana is great, why not post about it. Its because love it or hate it, its still illegal in most states, so its stupid for her to post about it attached with her name.

User avatar
peesawrawls

Re: ICALLITAMBROSIA GENERAL THREAD PART 6

Post by peesawrawls » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:03 pm

On the subject of weed: just another example of how she really can't go without spending money (IMATS too). That shit isn't cheap, especially if she's supposedly smoking every day. And if SHE'S not paying for it at all and is just mooching off of other people every single time, that's just rude and I retract every statement I made about her progress becoming less of a shitty person but still pretty fucking shitty. ;)

Locked

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”