ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

peril
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by peril »

Her thinly-veiled posts get fucking annoying.

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker

Post by Kelleyfosho »

peril wrote:Her thinly-veiled posts get fucking annoying.
"oh no i was talking about something else lmao"

frenchfriesandpizza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by frenchfriesandpizza »

ohliveuh wrote:Sorry, I totally get that you have trouble making friends, but it is unhealthy if your only friend is your boyfriend. What happens when you break up?
It's not making them, it's keeping them. After so many years of trying and making all of the effort with my friends I have given up. I interact with people, but they're not my friends. And I have gotten the "what is going to happen when you two break up" many times but I don't go into relationships expecting to break up. I think it's important to work through problems versus ending the relationship.
whatevs4 wrote:How can you say he helps with your social anxiety if he is your only friend?
Well, honestly he makes me feel safe enough to go out in public. It's an issue of mine where I just do not want to go anywhere because I am so afraid of being judged by everyone or running into anyone I used to know or used to be friends with but when I am with him I can handle it.

But dang this isn't my thread, I could sit here and tell my whole life story but that would be miserably boring to read I'm sure. I was just saying that I can relate to Rachel although my boyfriend and I spend most of our time apart whereas Chrachel are joined at the hip. I just understand the frustration with having others pick at your relationship when they know nothing about it. That's all.

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulwordsxo »

casual reminder that people move and change and educate themselves every day and ignorant things someone said a year ago might be completely embarrassing to them now because they’ve learned and educated themselves weeeeeeeee
before attacking someone for something they said a year or more in the past, just ask them how the feel about it NOW because that’s more important.
ok Rachel, so maybe you half-assed an apology, but if you're TRULY sorry for what you did, you should own up to it and not blame it on other people. Stop blaming your old friends, your parents, your sister and the people that bullied you. the shitty things you have done have been YOUR fault, no one else's./rantover

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

frenchfriesandpizza wrote:
ohliveuh wrote:Sorry, I totally get that you have trouble making friends, but it is unhealthy if your only friend is your boyfriend. What happens when you break up?
It's not making them, it's keeping them. After so many years of trying and making all of the effort with my friends I have given up. I interact with people, but they're not my friends. And I have gotten the "what is going to happen when you two break up" many times but I don't go into relationships expecting to break up. I think it's important to work through problems versus ending the relationship.
So do I. I've been in a relationship for 2 and a half years and we've had our fair share of problems and worked through them, but I'm not unrealistic. I don't see a break up in the future, but I know that there's always a possibility of things changing. I hope you manage to find some friends you can trust and rely on. I'm sorry you've experienced that, I just can't believe for a second that it's healthy to make your boyfriend your only friend and put all your eggs in one basket.

edit; btw, I don't mean to come off judgmental. When I was younger I was in an LDR that I completely immersed myself in, too. I really cut down my social life to focus on him and it was the biggest mistake of my life and really bit me in the ass. I suppose I'm a little jaded.
Last edited by ohliveuh on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beautybitch
Learner
Learner

Post by beautybitch »

this is how much rachel has changed in only a YEAR & A HALF.
something is really really wrong here.

most beauty/makeup junkies generally get BETTER LOOKING over time, as we increase our skills & techniques.

but rachel looks like she went from a cute 20-something to a 70 year old woman.

(first photo from her "outfit of the night: all black" video, from feb. 2012.
second photo from her "B2S Clothing + Makeup Haul" video, aug. 2013.)

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

She looks hot in that first pic. Love the eye makeup & nude lip.

frenchfriesandpizza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by frenchfriesandpizza »

ohliveuh wrote: So do I. I've been in a relationship for 2 and a half years and we've had our fair share of problems and worked through them, but I'm not unrealistic. I don't see a break up in the future, but I know that there's always a possibility of things changing. I hope you manage to find some friends you can trust and rely on. I'm sorry you've experienced that, I just can't believe for a second that it's healthy to make your boyfriend your only friend and put all your eggs in one basket.

edit; btw, I don't mean to come off judgmental. When I was younger I was in an LDR that I completely immersed myself in, too. I really cut down my social life to focus on him and it was the biggest mistake of my life and really bit me in the ass. I suppose I'm a little jaded.

I didn't mean to seem like a complete bitch, so I apologize if I did, text is an amazing and awful thing. I absolutely see what you're saying, and I agree (It's something I preach to him all of the time, I am more afraid of what would happen to him than what would happen to me if something changed between us). Maybe what I said came across wrong, I don't do it intentionally as I assume Rachel does. I have never said that I didn't want any friends because I have him, y'know? I don't wake up in the morning happy that he's all I have. I am so grateful for him don't get me wrong, but I would never shut down the opportunity for a new friend because I have him. If that makes sense? I know to get happiness from other things and I believe it was Steve Greene's video about his break up and how you can't find happiness in other people that made me come to this mindset. My point was that I was being talked down to by these girls (who haven't had a healthy relationship themselves) about how unhealthy my relationship was because I have no girlfriends - UGH. As if it's my choice... Quite frustrating.

However I know that it is not healthy for myself, but our relationship is doing well and in due time I will find true friends in my life and everything will be dandy (; Again, sorry if I came off a bit harsh I don't know how but we need to come up with a way to translate emotion into text this happens far too often. Especially on facebook.

Alright! Back to Rachel!

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

beautybitch wrote:this is how much rachel has changed in only a YEAR & A HALF.
something is really really wrong here.

most beauty/makeup junkies generally get BETTER LOOKING over time, as we increase our skills & techniques.

but rachel looks like she went from a cute 20-something to a 70 year old woman.

(first photo from her "outfit of the night: all black" video, from feb. 2012.
second photo from her "B2S Clothing + Makeup Haul" video, aug. 2013.)
She looks like a completely different person in that first pic. She looks amazing. That's a beauty guru that I want to subscribe to. Not the lazy, greasy sack of crap in the second one.

Mew
Debater
Debater

Post by Mew »

Agreed. She looks amazing in the first picture! I really miss her hair that color.. it just suits her so much better.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

Lol... the fatter she gets, the fatter her eyebrows get as well.

MakeupByDeanna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MakeupByDeanna »

She looks unbelievably pretty in the first picture, wow. I think longer and darker hair suited her much better. Her hair color now is just awful, in my opinion. I mean some people can pull it off, but not many.

littleyellowspider
Learner
Learner

Post by littleyellowspider »

She looks amazing in the cotton ball vid. She should keep it this way.

chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by chance86 »

How can someone who claims to be a beauty guru not even realize that YSL is definitely a luxury brand (and for the record, leaps and bounds ahead of the newbie Marc Jacobs).

diance
Learner
Learner

Post by diance »

I honestly think that her hair color is fantastic and looks good on her. And while I do agree that she looks amazing in that first picture, her hair doesn't. It's the same ratty mess that you all bitch on and on about. Just a different color.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

My thoughts on the cottonball challenge video:
- Wow, you're really running out of ideas, aren't you?
- She looks like my grandmother's couch wrapped up in my grandmother's drapes. That outfit is hideous.

Magnolia
Talker
Talker

Post by Magnolia »

chance86 wrote:How can someone who claims to be a beauty guru not even realize that YSL is definitely a luxury brand (and for the record, leaps and bounds ahead of the newbie Marc Jacobs).
"First luxury makeup item"... Rachel doesn't even know her own collection.
Besides YSL, she has a Chanel lipstick & eyelash curler. She also has a Givenchy quad, which I remember because she "blamed" Lisa Eldridge for making her buy it.
And yeah, YSL is definitely a luxury brand!

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulwordsxo »

I can't even tell you how annoyed I was when she said "yA fuck you lisa eldridge for making me buy this quad"
typical rachel blaming people for her own actions

whiteoleander
Learner
Learner

Post by whiteoleander »

Magnolia wrote:
chance86 wrote:How can someone who claims to be a beauty guru not even realize that YSL is definitely a luxury brand (and for the record, leaps and bounds ahead of the newbie Marc Jacobs).
Besides YSL, she has a Chanel lipstick & eyelash curler. She also has a Givenchy quad, which I remember because she "blamed" Lisa Eldridge for making her buy it.
I forgot about the givenchy quad! does she even use it? it hasn't been in any other video except that one and she never mentions it ever. what a waste of money.

MakeupByDeanna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MakeupByDeanna »

whiteoleander wrote:
Magnolia wrote:
I forgot about the givenchy quad! does she even use it? it hasn't been in any other video except that one and she never mentions it ever. what a waste of money.
Does anyone know which video it was where she mentioned the quad?

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”