ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Locked
peril
Informer
Informer
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 2:26 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by peril » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Her thinly-veiled posts get fucking annoying.

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by Kelleyfosho » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:04 pm

peril wrote:Her thinly-veiled posts get fucking annoying.
"oh no i was talking about something else lmao"

User avatar
frenchfriesandpizza
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 673
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by frenchfriesandpizza » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:05 pm

ohliveuh wrote:Sorry, I totally get that you have trouble making friends, but it is unhealthy if your only friend is your boyfriend. What happens when you break up?
It's not making them, it's keeping them. After so many years of trying and making all of the effort with my friends I have given up. I interact with people, but they're not my friends. And I have gotten the "what is going to happen when you two break up" many times but I don't go into relationships expecting to break up. I think it's important to work through problems versus ending the relationship.
whatevs4 wrote:How can you say he helps with your social anxiety if he is your only friend?
Well, honestly he makes me feel safe enough to go out in public. It's an issue of mine where I just do not want to go anywhere because I am so afraid of being judged by everyone or running into anyone I used to know or used to be friends with but when I am with him I can handle it.



But dang this isn't my thread, I could sit here and tell my whole life story but that would be miserably boring to read I'm sure. I was just saying that I can relate to Rachel although my boyfriend and I spend most of our time apart whereas Chrachel are joined at the hip. I just understand the frustration with having others pick at your relationship when they know nothing about it. That's all.
Image
Image

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by beautifulwordsxo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:26 pm

casual reminder that people move and change and educate themselves every day and ignorant things someone said a year ago might be completely embarrassing to them now because they’ve learned and educated themselves weeeeeeeee
before attacking someone for something they said a year or more in the past, just ask them how the feel about it NOW because that’s more important.
ok Rachel, so maybe you half-assed an apology, but if you're TRULY sorry for what you did, you should own up to it and not blame it on other people. Stop blaming your old friends, your parents, your sister and the people that bullied you. the shitty things you have done have been YOUR fault, no one else's./rantover

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by ohliveuh » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:28 pm

frenchfriesandpizza wrote:
ohliveuh wrote:Sorry, I totally get that you have trouble making friends, but it is unhealthy if your only friend is your boyfriend. What happens when you break up?
It's not making them, it's keeping them. After so many years of trying and making all of the effort with my friends I have given up. I interact with people, but they're not my friends. And I have gotten the "what is going to happen when you two break up" many times but I don't go into relationships expecting to break up. I think it's important to work through problems versus ending the relationship.
So do I. I've been in a relationship for 2 and a half years and we've had our fair share of problems and worked through them, but I'm not unrealistic. I don't see a break up in the future, but I know that there's always a possibility of things changing. I hope you manage to find some friends you can trust and rely on. I'm sorry you've experienced that, I just can't believe for a second that it's healthy to make your boyfriend your only friend and put all your eggs in one basket.

edit; btw, I don't mean to come off judgmental. When I was younger I was in an LDR that I completely immersed myself in, too. I really cut down my social life to focus on him and it was the biggest mistake of my life and really bit me in the ass. I suppose I'm a little jaded.
Last edited by ohliveuh on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
beautybitch
Learner
Learner
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by beautybitch » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:30 pm

this is how much rachel has changed in only a YEAR & A HALF.
something is really really wrong here.

most beauty/makeup junkies generally get BETTER LOOKING over time, as we increase our skills & techniques.

but rachel looks like she went from a cute 20-something to a 70 year old woman.

Image

(first photo from her "outfit of the night: all black" video, from feb. 2012.
second photo from her "B2S Clothing + Makeup Haul" video, aug. 2013.)

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by ohliveuh » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:31 pm

She looks hot in that first pic. Love the eye makeup & nude lip.

User avatar
frenchfriesandpizza
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 673
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by frenchfriesandpizza » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:46 pm

ohliveuh wrote: So do I. I've been in a relationship for 2 and a half years and we've had our fair share of problems and worked through them, but I'm not unrealistic. I don't see a break up in the future, but I know that there's always a possibility of things changing. I hope you manage to find some friends you can trust and rely on. I'm sorry you've experienced that, I just can't believe for a second that it's healthy to make your boyfriend your only friend and put all your eggs in one basket.

edit; btw, I don't mean to come off judgmental. When I was younger I was in an LDR that I completely immersed myself in, too. I really cut down my social life to focus on him and it was the biggest mistake of my life and really bit me in the ass. I suppose I'm a little jaded.

I didn't mean to seem like a complete bitch, so I apologize if I did, text is an amazing and awful thing. I absolutely see what you're saying, and I agree (It's something I preach to him all of the time, I am more afraid of what would happen to him than what would happen to me if something changed between us). Maybe what I said came across wrong, I don't do it intentionally as I assume Rachel does. I have never said that I didn't want any friends because I have him, y'know? I don't wake up in the morning happy that he's all I have. I am so grateful for him don't get me wrong, but I would never shut down the opportunity for a new friend because I have him. If that makes sense? I know to get happiness from other things and I believe it was Steve Greene's video about his break up and how you can't find happiness in other people that made me come to this mindset. My point was that I was being talked down to by these girls (who haven't had a healthy relationship themselves) about how unhealthy my relationship was because I have no girlfriends - UGH. As if it's my choice... Quite frustrating.

However I know that it is not healthy for myself, but our relationship is doing well and in due time I will find true friends in my life and everything will be dandy (; Again, sorry if I came off a bit harsh I don't know how but we need to come up with a way to translate emotion into text this happens far too often. Especially on facebook.

Alright! Back to Rachel!
Image
Image

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:11 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by TheSnarkPalette » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:05 pm

beautybitch wrote:this is how much rachel has changed in only a YEAR & A HALF.
something is really really wrong here.

most beauty/makeup junkies generally get BETTER LOOKING over time, as we increase our skills & techniques.

but rachel looks like she went from a cute 20-something to a 70 year old woman.

Image

(first photo from her "outfit of the night: all black" video, from feb. 2012.
second photo from her "B2S Clothing + Makeup Haul" video, aug. 2013.)
She looks like a completely different person in that first pic. She looks amazing. That's a beauty guru that I want to subscribe to. Not the lazy, greasy sack of crap in the second one.

User avatar
Mew
Debater
Debater
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by Mew » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Agreed. She looks amazing in the first picture! I really miss her hair that color.. it just suits her so much better.

User avatar
IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by IAmNotAGuest » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Lol... the fatter she gets, the fatter her eyebrows get as well.

MakeupByDeanna
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:41 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by MakeupByDeanna » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:37 pm

She looks unbelievably pretty in the first picture, wow. I think longer and darker hair suited her much better. Her hair color now is just awful, in my opinion. I mean some people can pull it off, but not many.

littleyellowspider
Learner
Learner
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by littleyellowspider » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:42 pm

She looks amazing in the cotton ball vid. She should keep it this way.

User avatar
chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1150
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:10 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by chance86 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:06 am

How can someone who claims to be a beauty guru not even realize that YSL is definitely a luxury brand (and for the record, leaps and bounds ahead of the newbie Marc Jacobs).

diance
Learner
Learner
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:41 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by diance » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:13 am

I honestly think that her hair color is fantastic and looks good on her. And while I do agree that she looks amazing in that first picture, her hair doesn't. It's the same ratty mess that you all bitch on and on about. Just a different color.

User avatar
IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by IAmNotAGuest » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:10 am

My thoughts on the cottonball challenge video:
- Wow, you're really running out of ideas, aren't you?
- She looks like my grandmother's couch wrapped up in my grandmother's drapes. That outfit is hideous.

User avatar
Magnolia
Talker
Talker
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:35 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by Magnolia » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:44 am

chance86 wrote:How can someone who claims to be a beauty guru not even realize that YSL is definitely a luxury brand (and for the record, leaps and bounds ahead of the newbie Marc Jacobs).
"First luxury makeup item"... Rachel doesn't even know her own collection.
Besides YSL, she has a Chanel lipstick & eyelash curler. She also has a Givenchy quad, which I remember because she "blamed" Lisa Eldridge for making her buy it.
And yeah, YSL is definitely a luxury brand!
Image

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by beautifulwordsxo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:32 pm

I can't even tell you how annoyed I was when she said "yA fuck you lisa eldridge for making me buy this quad"
typical rachel blaming people for her own actions

whiteoleander
Learner
Learner
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:52 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by whiteoleander » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Magnolia wrote:
chance86 wrote:How can someone who claims to be a beauty guru not even realize that YSL is definitely a luxury brand (and for the record, leaps and bounds ahead of the newbie Marc Jacobs).
"First luxury makeup item"... Rachel doesn't even know her own collection.
Besides YSL, she has a Chanel lipstick & eyelash curler. She also has a Givenchy quad, which I remember because she "blamed" Lisa Eldridge for making her buy it.
And yeah, YSL is definitely a luxury brand!
I forgot about the givenchy quad! does she even use it? it hasn't been in any other video except that one and she never mentions it ever. what a waste of money.

MakeupByDeanna
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:41 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by MakeupByDeanna » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:58 pm

whiteoleander wrote:
Magnolia wrote:
chance86 wrote:How can someone who claims to be a beauty guru not even realize that YSL is definitely a luxury brand (and for the record, leaps and bounds ahead of the newbie Marc Jacobs).
"First luxury makeup item"... Rachel doesn't even know her own collection.
Besides YSL, she has a Chanel lipstick & eyelash curler. She also has a Givenchy quad, which I remember because she "blamed" Lisa Eldridge for making her buy it.
And yeah, YSL is definitely a luxury brand!
I forgot about the givenchy quad! does she even use it? it hasn't been in any other video except that one and she never mentions it ever. what a waste of money.
Does anyone know which video it was where she mentioned the quad?

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by beautifulwordsxo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Does anyone know which video it was where she mentioned the quad?[/quote]

she talks about it around 8:40 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcm9ou0MKcI

MakeupByDeanna
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:41 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by MakeupByDeanna » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:17 pm

beautifulwordsxo wrote:Does anyone know which video it was where she mentioned the quad?
she talks about it around 8:40 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcm9ou0MKcI[/quote]

Thank you! :)

User avatar
twatchel
Learner
Learner
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:34 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by twatchel » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:59 pm

O.
M.
F.
G.


I never watched that Makeup Collection video. OMFG. at 9:20 -- when she shows her mascaras and how she uses them until they 'dry up' and apparently it's OK because it's a "myth" that using a liquid product on your EYES that collects germs and bacterias could give you pink eye, and it's OK because Rachel over here has never gotten pinkeye.
Okay. Barf.

I throw away my mascara every 3 months. Save money? She says she "saves money" -- saving money on that, on cleanliness and hygiene?!?!? UHHH and what does she do with all the products she owns? She owns an insane amount of makeup. I doubt she uses all of it. How is that saving money by risking your health?

User avatar
Magnolia
Talker
Talker
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:35 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by Magnolia » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:59 am

I think it's fine to keep mascara for about 6 months, especially if you don't let anyone use it. My mascara shows the little container symbol with 6M on it, so I follow that over the 3 months "rule". But the fact that she had so many that she's "collected over the years" is really gross & unsafe.
Her collection is larger than mine, but she doesn't have a ridiculous amount much compared to Dulce & a bunch of other gurus.
Image

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by Kelleyfosho » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:17 am

Magnolia wrote:I think it's fine to keep mascara for about 6 months, especially if you don't let anyone use it. My mascara shows the little container symbol with 6M on it, so I follow that over the 3 months "rule". But the fact that she had so many that she's "collected over the years" is really gross & unsafe.
Her collection is larger than mine, but she doesn't have a ridiculous amount much compared to Dulce & a bunch of other gurus.
Yeah and if you use mascara in a proper way (like not sticking it in and out really fast when you want more mascara on your wand) you can use it 6 months.

Locked

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”