TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

MakeupByDeanna wrote:
Mew wrote:So I just watched her haul.. please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks those skull leggings are atrocious?
You're not the only one, I think they look tacky.
She kept commenting that the leggings were "sheer, so ill have to wear tights underneath them". They're sheer because they're leggings, NOT PANTS. QUIT WEARING LEGGINGS AS PANTS RACHEL.

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulwordsxo »

life decisions~~~~~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker

Post by Kelleyfosho »

peril wrote:Those shorts. Dear god. She's pretty fucking brave to wear those. I'm a couple sizes smaller than her, and I would never even entertain the idea of wearing those.
and she says they're "slimming". I honestly doubt it lol and they look so obnoxious and tacky

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker

Post by Kelleyfosho »

I love how she thinks theres a beetle juice style coming in. Maybe I'm just the only person who doesn't know about it, but I haven't noticed that being a trend at all recently, and if it was it was in the past years.

missmars
Talker
Talker

Post by missmars »

I really hate when people like Rachel bitch and moan about being in college. I just graduated, and while I understand that it is stressful and you can get really burnt out by the end, no one is forcing you to be there. No matter what you think. If you are an adult, you have the right to not be in school. Beside that, she is getting financial support from her family. I know so many people who had to work their asses off to afford college. Those were the people who really wanted to be there to get an education and actually learned something (not that people who don't pay their own bills are not motivated). I personally had to work evenings and weekends to pay my tuition bills. School is not an excuse to sit around on your ass all day watching netflix and drinking. You're supposed to grow from it.

I'm not trying to glorify people who work while in school or bash on people who are full-time students or who get support from their families to pay for school. What I have no patience for is privileged assholes who think being in school is such a chore. Don't bitch about being there if you truly have no interest in being there. You are wasting your time, your classmates' time, and your instructors' time. If you aren't happy, transfer or drop out.

knope2012
Informer
Informer

Post by knope2012 »

Rachel defines all of her ill-fitting clothes as "slimming" and "flattering". no...just no.

Magnolia
Talker
Talker

Post by Magnolia »

Kelleyfosho wrote:I love how she thinks theres a beetle juice style coming in. Maybe I'm just the only person who doesn't know about it, but I haven't noticed that being a trend at all recently, and if it was it was in the past years.
The beetlejuice style is nothing new, that movie has been around for ages. But in terms of a trend, black & white with stripes was more of a spring trend. For example, Marc Jacobs' spring collection for 2013.

I hated those shorts though. The waistband stripes didn't align with the rest of the shorts and it was driving me crazy.

MsBrookeNicole
Learner
Learner

Post by MsBrookeNicole »

I just unsubscribed and unfollowed from Twitter.

The thing is I like her videos and find her entertaining. It's just the way she treats some of her fans is horrible and I can't support her anymore.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

I can't wait until she wears those shorts, which are obviously too small. Not only is she going to be oozing over the top of them and the leg holes, but it's just going to make her upper half look even more massive than it already is while making her lower half look freakishly smaller in comparison.

VelvetVonBlack
Talker
Talker

Post by VelvetVonBlack »

http://instagram.com/p/dXdawXRCf3/

Looks like someone was lurking.

twatchel
Learner
Learner

Post by twatchel »

TheSnarkPalette wrote:
MakeupByDeanna wrote:
Mew wrote:So I just watched her haul.. please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks those skull leggings are atrocious?
You're not the only one, I think they look tacky.
She kept commenting that the leggings were "sheer, so ill have to wear tights underneath them". They're sheer because they're leggings, NOT PANTS. QUIT WEARING LEGGINGS AS PANTS RACHEL.
YES SERIOUSLY

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

VelvetVonBlack wrote:http://instagram.com/p/dXdawXRCf3/

Looks like someone was lurking.
You washed and styled your hair Rachel. Congrats on doing something the majority of us do every day.

twatchel
Learner
Learner

Post by twatchel »

she obviously has mental health issues and should probably take a youtube break...for a long time. Until she gets her life in order.

theroyalwe
Informer
Informer

Post by theroyalwe »

Her hair straightened in her new video actually looks really nice, but its the colour that puts me off :/
we get tears over beers once again

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker

Post by Kelleyfosho »

I wonder if she ever thought maybe one of the reasons they're having money problems is because she buys really expensive makeup a lot.

twatchel
Learner
Learner

Post by twatchel »

That color of hair is nauseating. Her hair looked much better longer + darker.

DingoPet
Informer
Informer

Post by DingoPet »

I am curious to see the shorts on. It actually been proven that in many cases, contrary to popular belief, horizontal lines are more slimming than vertical ones. If you take a square and draw horizontal lines on it, it will look taller and thinner and the opposite if you draw vertical lines on it. Plus, even if that weren't true, such bold graphic lines are going to show off every curve of ones body. They aren't going to be straight up and down unless the person wearing them is.
At least she mentioned wearing them with tights underneath. I think that will help them move towards being more flattering.

polyesterbride
Learner
Learner

Post by polyesterbride »

Her entire haul was a train-wreck, cloud leggings? really?! those shorts are so hideous even on someone who's really skinny they are hideous but they have no shape so they will just look like bicycle shorts just sticking to her skin, i can't wait to see it.

machievel
Lurker
Lurker

Post by machievel »

She actually looks nice in the cottonball challenge video she just posted. Like she put effort into her appearance. Can she not tell how much better she looks when she actually washes and does something with her hair?
Also for someone who always talks about FALL!!! DARK COLORS!!!! this is a really... springy look. Granted it's 100+ where i live so fall colors won't be showing up too much in my style for a bit, but it's weird.

frenchfriesandpizza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by frenchfriesandpizza »

On the "Rachel and Chris" subject talking about our boyfriends and unhealthy relationships - It is so absolutely frustrating when outsiders comment on your relationship. I have had a lot of trouble in the past with friendships and have had to move schools many times. Now my only friend is my boyfriend because he is the only person I completely trust and truly enjoy being with. He really helps me with my social anxiety as well as many things that a basic friend really wouldn't. I was told by a group of girls how unhealthy it is that my boyfriend is my only friend, and they went on and on and on. So I understand how she feels.

Friendship is one of those things you either just get or you have to work on and I am someone who has to work on it but for now because I can't trust anyone my boyfriend is my one and only best friend as well as, you know, my boyfriend. I think that Rachel has been hurt in her past by friends and the way she shut herself off from that is by putting her everything into Chris. It's hard to see that and for some of you even sympathize because the way she puts it out there on the internet is through anger instead of sadness. But that's how some people are... I feel like if she pulled a Trisha Paytas and broke down on camera from the beginning instead of ranting there would be (even a little bit) more sympathy.

BUT I just saw her new video and she looks so good and you can tell that she knows it because she's glowing! I'm not saying that in a bad way by any means, I feel like you feel so much better after taking care of yourself!

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”