ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Locked
ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by ohliveuh » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:58 pm

I agree that she has become way too co-dependent. If they split up she's going to be so lost and down on herself because Chris has been her crutch through this entire part of her life. I fully admit that I lean on my boyfriend for support, but because I know I can have the tendency to lean a little too much, I always keep a close eye on myself to make sure I'm doing me first and foremost. It's so important to love yourself first and it's completely possible to do that while still unconditionally loving somebody else.

edit: Although on the note of her giveaway, it really is pretty freaking generous. Games are like $60 a pop, books can run between $20-$30, and I like that she's considering more than just her makeup obsessed female viewers. I'm a girl and I would rather win a videogame than a blush.

cosmo
Learner
Learner
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by cosmo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Her makeup is actually decent in the giveaway video, it really flatters her eyes. But I was a little surprised she had a 'gamers' category. Her channel has nothing to do with gaming.

savebella!
Debater
Debater
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:34 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by savebella! » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:22 pm

I found that video on the beach of her to be really sad. She hasn't been that happy since.
Yes, I'm a lot different than I was in 2011 as I have grown but like, I'm the same person and she never seems to be like that any more. For the past year.
I feel as if Rachel thinks she has to over compensate and be different because she's ~~not like the typical guru. Therefore, she has to be obnoxious and constantly praising because if she is genuinely calm and happy then she is like every one else.

Also, on her tumblr, she realized she showed that she was pantsless in that one video but says "all you can see is her thigh." NOPE. Pretty positive you're not wearing pants.

Hype233
Talker
Talker
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by Hype233 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:25 pm

I always wonder who their friends will gravitate towards if the relationship ended. She always says she's the one who brought all of the friends in but I have a feeling they stay for Chris mostly. Rachel seems like she needs a lot of attention to be kept happy.

User avatar
beautybitch
Learner
Learner
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by beautybitch » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:33 pm

oxprincessxo wrote:^

I agree about her being too dependable. If that relationship ends, her self-esteem will be shot. Completely.
their relationship isn't even over at this moment & time, and her self esteem is already shot.
i really think her massive weight gain has the most to do with her self esteem issues.

as a big girl myself, i understand it. your weight making you feel like complete shit.
which is why i personally have switched my diet & lifestyle around & i'm already 10x happier, at only 10 pounds down so far.

i really wish rachel would clean up her lifestyle, because i think her happiness most definitely depends on it.

Hype233
Talker
Talker
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by Hype233 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:36 pm

beautybitch wrote:
oxprincessxo wrote:^

I agree about her being too dependable. If that relationship ends, her self-esteem will be shot. Completely.
their relationship isn't even over at this moment & time, and her self esteem is already shot.
i really think her massive weight gain has the most to do with her self esteem issues.

as a big girl myself, i understand it. your weight making you feel like complete shit.
which is why i personally have switched my diet & lifestyle around & i'm already 10x happier, at only 10 pounds down so far.

i really wish rachel would clean up her lifestyle, because i think her happiness most definitely depends on it.
Congrats on 10 pounds! I'm trying to do the same thing. She just needs to focus less on TV and more on getting healthier physically and mentally. I'm sure a lot of her anxiety stems from being worried about how she looks.

whatwhat
Learner
Learner
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:58 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by whatwhat » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:41 pm

buying subscribers with lots of giveaways cause her view counts have been so low. lol

i think if she put more time and effort into improving herself her lifestyle her attitude and relationships then she'd be a lot happier and people would actually enjoy watching her videos.
~better to be hated, than loved for what you're not~

whatevs4
Debater
Debater
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by whatevs4 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:03 pm

She could have at least made her bed before filming in front of it :roll:
Image

moodhani
Learner
Learner
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by moodhani » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:51 pm

if chris doesn’t even get into the school in seattle (which honestly he will because he’s CHRIS) we’re still moving out there

Correct me if im wrong, but i dont think they have ever been to Seattle to be so gun-ho to move there no matter what, even jobless. Oh, and nowhere did she mention HER trying to get a job, or continuing school, etc.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:11 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by TheSnarkPalette » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:07 pm

I see from tumblr Rachel's been reading GG again...she really can't stay away can she?

therakel749
Learner
Learner
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by therakel749 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:20 pm

moodhani wrote:if chris doesn’t even get into the school in seattle (which honestly he will because he’s CHRIS) we’re still moving out there

Correct me if im wrong, but i dont think they have ever been to Seattle to be so gun-ho to move there no matter what, even jobless. Oh, and nowhere did she mention HER trying to get a job, or continuing school, etc.

Gah, Washington is beautiful but it's sooooo expensive. I was looking at one bedrooms in Redmond ( like 20 minutes outside Seattle) and they were around $1,800 a month and that's not even in the city. I feel like if they could realistically afford to live there they wouldn't have roommates where they are living now.

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by tigresslily20 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:23 pm

cosmo wrote:Her makeup is actually decent in the giveaway video, it really flatters her eyes. But I was a little surprised she had a 'gamers' category. Her channel has nothing to do with gaming.
That actually kinda pissed me off. Like she's trying to buy into the gaming community by giving away shitty games (except for the walking dead game, that one is actually good), and she's not even a real gamer. Just because you play Minecraft (which sucks and I don't know why anyone likes that game) and LA Noire (which is old as shit) and watch Let's Plays on YT doesn't come close to being a part of the gaming community. She's such a poser.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 716
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:56 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by molticolori » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:25 pm

moodhani wrote:if chris doesn’t even get into the school in seattle (which honestly he will because he’s CHRIS) we’re still moving out there

Correct me if im wrong, but i dont think they have ever been to Seattle to be so gun-ho to move there no matter what, even jobless. Oh, and nowhere did she mention HER trying to get a job, or continuing school, etc.
Everyone and their cousin where I live want to move to either Seattle or Portland. Both cities have an extremely popular underground/indie culture following. Hipster central. Laughing that she thinks Pennsylvania is really expensive COMPARED TO SEATTLE, SHE'S DELUSIONAL. She hasn't even traveled, how should she know anyway? Pennsylvania is actually inexpensive compared to most places in the NE. (RI, NY, NJ, CT, etc.)

EDIT: @tigresslily Btw, how can you say she's not even a real gamer? Like wtf? Are there requirements to being a gamer? If so, give me the rule book. Really getting tired of the "OHHPOSER GAMER". Being a gamer is so hyped nowadays. There's no such thing like saying "OH SHE'S SUCH A POSER TV WATCHER" why is gaming exposed to this? Especially for women, god damn. And you can't say she's not a gamer because she plays games you don't like, that's a ridiculous argument. Get off your 8 bit high horse.
Image

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by Kelleyfosho » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:30 pm

tigresslily20 wrote:
cosmo wrote:Her makeup is actually decent in the giveaway video, it really flatters her eyes. But I was a little surprised she had a 'gamers' category. Her channel has nothing to do with gaming.
That actually kinda pissed me off. Like she's trying to buy into the gaming community by giving away shitty games (except for the walking dead game, that one is actually good), and she's not even a real gamer. Just because you play Minecraft (which sucks and I don't know why anyone likes that game) and LA Noire (which is old as shit) and watch Let's Plays on YT doesn't come close to being a part of the gaming community. She's such a poser.
just because you play older games doesnt make you less of a gamer...?

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by tigresslily20 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Kelleyfosho wrote:
tigresslily20 wrote:
cosmo wrote:Her makeup is actually decent in the giveaway video, it really flatters her eyes. But I was a little surprised she had a 'gamers' category. Her channel has nothing to do with gaming.
That actually kinda pissed me off. Like she's trying to buy into the gaming community by giving away shitty games (except for the walking dead game, that one is actually good), and she's not even a real gamer. Just because you play Minecraft (which sucks and I don't know why anyone likes that game) and LA Noire (which is old as shit) and watch Let's Plays on YT doesn't come close to being a part of the gaming community. She's such a poser.
just because you play older games doesnt make you less of a gamer...?

No, but she can't all of a sudden act like she's really into gaming. I know this is a mostly beauty oriented group but she is becoming one of those gurus that's sadly attempting to gain more followers by posing. Am I the only one here with enough common sense to see that?

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 716
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:56 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by molticolori » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 pm

No, but she can't all of a sudden act like she's really into gaming. I know this is a mostly beauty oriented group but she is becoming one of those gurus that's sadly attempting to gain more followers by posing. Am I the only one here with enough common sense to see that?
Someone has MORE THAN ONE INTEREST? OH MY GOD. THAT'S INSANE. DON'T THEY KNOW THEY HAVE TO PICK BETWEEN BOY STUFF AND GIRL STUFF?


/s
Image

technicolorhobo
Learner
Learner
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by technicolorhobo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Come on, we can all agree that Rachel will do or say anything in order to seem more cool and gain approval! (Except for maybe having some accountability and being nice, but she's not mature enough for that to happen.)

Pretty obvious that she's doing whatever she can to get views from a variety of people. She needs to pick something she can actually do well and then DO THAT, not have whatever random whim video she can shit out quickly to get money. It's so bizarre to me that she has the mentality of an abuser almost. She does and says whatever she wants, takes no responsibility, and then tries to make it up to people by buying them things. Have you tried just being a nice person? Of course not.

technicolorhobo
Learner
Learner
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by technicolorhobo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Double post apology.

1. She's a fucking idiot if she thinks that living in Seattle proper is going to cost LESS than living in Asscrack PA. She's so fucking stupid that it actually hurts sometimes to read what she posts.

2. HOW IS SHE SUCH A BITCH ALL THE TIME AND STILL HAS FOLLOWERS?! She's a cxxt about EVERYTHING. People are correctly saying Chris is stupid to bounce around jobs in this economy and she's pulling a Chris Cocker "Leave him alone!!11!!"...seriously? You spew personal shit all over every social media site known to man every single day, but the second someone calls you on your bullshit or says something intelligent to you that you disagree with, suddenly it's not okay and they need to leave him alone? THEN DON'T OVER-SHARE CONSTANTLY.

3. She's such a bitch about the giveaway, like honestly if you're going to do something, at least PRETEND to do it out of the goodness of your heart and not bitch up a storm about every little thing. People who don't have or want a Twitter shouldn't have to make one to enter a YOUTUBE contest. There has to be a better way to do things, unless of course you want twice as much exposure on different sites? Hmmmm... ;)

User avatar
FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by FAKEBLOOD » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:43 pm

technicolorhobo wrote:Double post apology.

1. She's a fucking idiot if she thinks that living in Seattle proper is going to cost LESS than living in Asscrack PA. She's so fucking stupid that it actually hurts sometimes to read what she posts.

2. HOW IS SHE SUCH A BITCH ALL THE TIME AND STILL HAS FOLLOWERS?! She's a c*nt about EVERYTHING. People are correctly saying Chris is stupid to bounce around jobs in this economy and she's pulling a Chris Cocker "Leave him alone!!11!!"...seriously? You spew personal shit all over every social media site known to man every single day, but the second someone calls you on your bullshit or says something intelligent to you that you disagree with, suddenly it's not okay and they need to leave him alone? THEN DON'T OVER-SHARE CONSTANTLY.

3. She's such a bitch about the giveaway, like honestly if you're going to do something, at least PRETEND to do it out of the goodness of your heart and not bitch up a storm about every little thing. People who don't have or want a Twitter shouldn't have to make one to enter a YOUTUBE contest. There has to be a better way to do things, unless of course you want twice as much exposure on different sites? Hmmmm... ;)
Omg, I can't stress point 2 enough. It drives me insane. Why did she even tell us that Chris quit his job? Why do we care? WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? Like I said in a very old post, she instigates critique by bringing things like this to light. If you don't want to hear your followers' opinions on Chris quitting his job, DON'T TELL US THAT CHRIS QUIT HIS JOB. Jesus Christ. I don't get why this is such a difficult concept for her. And then she gets pissed off and plays the victim when the critique becomes overwhelming.

Over-sharing. It's a thing.

User avatar
IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by IAmNotAGuest » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:55 pm

moodhani wrote:if chris doesn’t even get into the school in seattle (which honestly he will because he’s CHRIS) we’re still moving out there

Correct me if im wrong, but i dont think they have ever been to Seattle to be so gun-ho to move there no matter what, even jobless. Oh, and nowhere did she mention HER trying to get a job, or continuing school, etc.
HAHAHAHA! Good luck being able to afford living there when both y'all being unemployed and such. Good. Fucking. Luck.

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by beautifulwordsxo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Currently reading her five hour rant on why Chris quit his job and noticing how defensive she is.. Like you're both just lazy, this whole Chris getting a YouTube thing is a train wreck waiting to happen

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by beautifulwordsxo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Slightly off topic but is it just me or does the US have very low minimum wage? I lived there when I was younger but I remember my parents making GREAT money ( granted they work in the Medical field as well as business/marketing ;greAt jobs!) but have things gotten alot worse there? Rachel mentions $8/hour being a lot and I'm in highschool (16 years old) and I make $25/hour and at my other Job $11/hour.. I'm genuinely asking and I would ask my parents but they're at work and I really want to know lol

blendingbrushfreak
Talker
Talker
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 121 times

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by blendingbrushfreak » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:18 pm

beautifulwordsxo wrote:Slightly off topic but is it just me or does the US have very low minimum wage? I lived there when I was younger but I remember my parents making GREAT money ( granted they work in the Medical field as well as business/marketing ;greAt jobs!) but have things gotten alot worse there? Rachel mentions $8/hour being a lot and I'm in highschool (16 years old) and I make $25/hour and at my other Job $11/hour.. I'm genuinely asking and I would ask my parents but they're at work and I really want to know lol
Woah, shit I wish I made that much money when I was 16, which was yesterday. LOL
What do you do to earn that much? And regarding minimum wage in the state of Pennsylvania, it's at least 7.25. (at least from what I googled) Canadian girl ftw

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by Wtf.ever » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Minimum wage in PA is 7.25. And apartments are cheap where she lives. Well, they used to be anyway. I used to know a couple who lived in that area and rented a really nice apartment for 500 a month. Sometimes I think Rachel really is seriously legitimately delusional. They have never shared an apartment for just the two of them, and to me that says that they can't afford to. IMO if Rachel could have Chris all to herself in their own place she'd be on that. So how is moving to a more expensive place going to work? Plus she will probably have student loan payments too and Chris will probably accumulate a shitload of student loan debt. Whats the deal with a meteorology degree anyway? Is that one of those useless degrees? It seems so random, but I don't know anything about it.

Also, can she not connect the dots that the way she volunteers info is the root of people talking and asking about that info? Don't want people commenting on Chris quitting a job in a fucked up economy? Don't have him on your word vomit video telling everyone about it. It's not rocket science.

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3261
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by Heyholetsgo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:33 pm

People like her were born to be there to make people like me feel better at our lowest point. All I have to say about Rachel....
Gossiping doesn't make you a cxxt, being a cxxt makes you a cxxt.

Locked

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”