ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by ohliveuh »

She said Squeezie is a Maine Coon?! Oh my god he literally couldn't look less like a Maine Coon if he tried. He's short hair!! That's a breed that is so easily distinguishable, that's ridiculous she would ever come to that conclusion.

beautybitch
Learner
Learner

Post by beautybitch »

can we just talk about how cute & charming this video is for a second?
i miss how rachel used to be,, it seriously saddens me.

i think that's why i keep watching & keep watching, no matter how bad the trainwreck gets.
because, i'm hoping that some day she'll go back to being like how she used to be.
she was SO happy in this video. & so natural, & not forcing anything.

[youtube][/youtube]

2:13 -sarcastic- "sunny as shit, that's a really good adjective."
realizing how kind of stupid that sounded there for a second.
realizing she probably over-did it by throwing the word shit in there.
oh how times have changed.

beautybitch
Learner
Learner

Post by beautybitch »

mermaidsdream wrote:Then someone asked what breed squeezie was and she said they didn't know but they think he's Maine coon because of the M on his forehead.
Is that a joke? 97% of cats have that marking and that marking is just tabby. Maine Coon's also have that marking but they're more known for their ears/longhair and just being huge. Squeezie has none of those. He's just a tabby. And I feel bad that's he's just a tabby because she's probably like "omgz I have a Maine coon I'm so cool and superior to everyone because my cat isn't a basic tabby"
here's 2 pictures of squeezie on the left, & a google search for "grey striped tabby" on the right.

really, rachel. you have a normal ass tabby cat. (WHICH IS A NICE BREED OF CAT, i have one too) but, quit trying to sound ~special~

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

mermaidsdream wrote:I completely agree. I can't believe she didn't show up to boost her ego. This girl drives me nuts.
I was just scrolling through tumblr and someone asked why they adopted squeezie and she said that's all Chris as ever done And her dog from home is "a super expensive pure breed" I hate when people think they're more "rich" or superior or whatever because they have a certain breed of an animal.
Then someone asked what breed squeezie was and she said they didn't know but they think he's Maine coon because of the M on his forehead.
Is that a joke? 97% of cats have that marking and that marking is just tabby. Maine Coon's also have that marking but they're more known for their ears/longhair and just being huge. Squeezie has none of those. He's just a tabby. And I feel bad that's he's just a tabby because she's probably like "omgz I have a Maine coon I'm so cool and superior to everyone because my cat isn't a basic tabby"
Ugh. I hate this girl. I unfollow/subscribed on everything except tumblr because I never go on it and the one time I do just makes me hate her more.
I told her in her asks about the M, watch her bitch me out.
I don't know why she feels so weird about getting a dog from a breeder. All three of my dogs are from breeders, the youngest being the one that's actually mine and will leave with me once I move out next year and it's just so much more reliable than getting a dog from a shelter. I'm not saying getting a dog from a shelter is bad but lets say for some reason I was unable to take care of my dog, legally I have to give him back to my breeder and she'll take care of him like her own and find him a new home. I would never give him to a shelter.

He was definitely more expensive than your average adopted dog, a couple grand, but at least I know his parents and I'm still in contact with his breeder.

Indigo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Indigo »

I'm not surprised she stood a fan up. She probably decided she didn't want to do it and instead of being a mature adult and contact the girl directly she acted like a child and ignored the situation completely. What a loser.

A Maine Coon is like a really specific looking cat. I don't understand what's so bad about having a "common" American Short Hair, her cat is cute and if he's nice and well behaved she should be proud of what he is.

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

That video was cute.
She has a cute cat who she loves and who loves her, that's all that should matter to her. Maybe she doesn't care if Squeezie is a tabby and was just genuinely misinformed, but yeah tabby cats are total loves.

winter_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by winter_ »

beautybitch wrote:can we just talk about how cute & charming this video is for a second?
i miss how rachel used to be,, it seriously saddens me.

i think that's why i keep watching & keep watching, no matter how bad the trainwreck gets.
because, i'm hoping that some day she'll go back to being like how she used to be.
she was SO happy in this video. & so natural, & not forcing anything.

[youtube][/youtube]

2:13 -sarcastic- "sunny as shit, that's a really good adjective."
realizing how kind of stupid that sounded there for a second.
realizing she probably over-did it by throwing the word shit in there.
oh how times have changed.
I'm pretty sure she hasn't smiled this much in absolutely ages, she looks nice and you can very much tell that she's happy. It just makes you wonder WHAT was it that made her change such a drastic amount?!

Oh and I don't know if I'm alone on this point but I used to actually enjoy her covers, I'm not saying that her voice is absolutely breathtaking or anything, but I did find her singing really quite nice to listen to

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulwordsxo »

crying because rachel thinks her cate is a maine coon.this is what a maine coon looks like:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

guiltygossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by guiltygossiper »

Hype233 wrote:
I don't know why she feels so weird about getting a dog from a breeder. All three of my dogs are from breeders, the youngest being the one that's actually mine and will leave with me once I move out next year and it's just so much more reliable than getting a dog from a shelter. I'm not saying getting a dog from a shelter is bad but lets say for some reason I was unable to take care of my dog, legally I have to give him back to my breeder and she'll take care of him like her own and find him a new home. I would never give him to a shelter.

He was definitely more expensive than your average adopted dog, a couple grand, but at least I know his parents and I'm still in contact with his breeder.
I think the reason people are opposed to breeders is because there are so many dogs that already need homes or are being put down every day, while breeders are out there, breeding litters for profit.

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

Hype233 wrote:
mermaidsdream wrote:I completely agree. I can't believe she didn't show up to boost her ego. This girl drives me nuts.
I was just scrolling through tumblr and someone asked why they adopted squeezie and she said that's all Chris as ever done And her dog from home is "a super expensive pure breed" I hate when people think they're more "rich" or superior or whatever because they have a certain breed of an animal.
Then someone asked what breed squeezie was and she said they didn't know but they think he's Maine coon because of the M on his forehead.
Ugh. I hate this girl. I unfollow/subscribed on everything except tumblr because I never go on it and the one time I do just makes me hate her more.

shame on you for buying your dogs when there's so many dogs dying in shelters. you MAY be "legally bound" to bringing it back to your breeder, but millions of people choose to DUMP their pets instead and so perfect family dogs get 1 day at a kill shelter and then get killed because of the actions of their horrendous owners.

and the argument about "so much more reliable" WTF does that even mean?! nothing is "so much more reliable". Why is an 8 week old puppy from a shelter LESS deserving of a chance to live than a bred puppy? why is that when a fucktard owner doesn't train his perfectly good dog, dumps them at the shelter when they're not all cutsey-wootsey anymore doesn't deserve a chance to be adopted?

do you also think kids in orphanages should not be adopted because it's so much more reliable to have your own kids?

Before you go around saying these things, maybe first educate yourself a little more.

if there is ONE thing i like about chris, just one thing, it's his point on animal rescue.

i don't want this to turn into a huge debatebut JESUS CHRIST.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

shadowlurker wrote:
Hype233 wrote:

shame on you for buying your dogs when there's so many dogs dying in shelters. you MAY be "legally bound" to bringing it back to your breeder, but millions of people choose to DUMP their pets instead and so perfect family dogs get 1 day at a kill shelter and then get killed because of the actions of their horrendous owners.

and the argument about "so much more reliable" WTF does that even mean?! nothing is "so much more reliable". Why is an 8 week old puppy from a shelter LESS deserving of a chance to live than a bred puppy? why is that when a fucktard owner doesn't train his perfectly good dog, dumps them at the shelter when they're not all cutsey-wootsey anymore doesn't deserve a chance to be adopted?

do you also think kids in orphanages should not be adopted because it's so much more reliable to have your own kids?

Before you go around saying these things, maybe first educate yourself a little more.

if there is ONE thing i like about chris, just one thing, it's his point on animal rescue.

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdasdf! I hate this argument when it comes to pet adoption. YES, it's shitty that there are animals in shelters, but sometimes shelters don't have the dog that a person wants/needs. There are a plethora of reasons to get a dog from a breeder opposed to a shelter like age, health, pedigree, allergy reasons, needing a specific breed, the need for a service animal, etc. Some are more vain then others, but it's ultimately the person's decision and it pisses me off to high hell when people take shits on those who don't directly adopt from shelters.

This isn't the most perfect analogy since dogs are obviously higher up the chain of importance of apples when it comes to life, but here's my two cents:

It's like getting pissed off at a person for only wanting to buy organic apples from a specific store because they know what goes into them and the quality, instead of purchasing mass produced apples without knowing their origin simply because there is a greater abundance at a different store.

I support BOTH methods of adoption and I honestly prefer shelters because they're a) cheaper and b) the animal would probably appreciate it more, but I'm not going to judge anyone for choosing either way.

rant over.

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

shadowlurker wrote:
Hype233 wrote:

Take a chill pill please. And yes you did just make it into a "huge debate" We're not here to discuss animal rights.

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

I hate to add to an off topic debate, but I just want to make this one point. If you're under the impression that getting a pure-bred dog from a breeder makes it healthier than a mutt from a shelter, you are...sorely mistaken. As long as the shelter dog is up to date on shots and what not, or has not been pre-disposed to a disease/been abused, they are likely to live longer and propose less complications later in their lives in most situations. And most abused dogs just need some TLC and an owner that is willing to devote time and love to them and take them for check-ups when needed. Pure-breds are incredibly inbred and have many issues that are unavoidable in a lot of breeds. There's thousands of dogs and cats that are in need of homes and are at risk of being euthanized, and usually mutts are more healthy and at lower risk of having complications later on in life. And although I don't agree with buying animals, if you really feel the need to do it, an independent breeder is your best option so I hope those of you who have bought your animals have gone that route. Pet stores are just working for all the puppy mills. And that's all I have to say on that topic.

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

IAmNotAGuest wrote:
shadowlurker wrote:
Hype233 wrote:

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdasdf! I hate this argument when it comes to pet adoption. YES, it's shitty that there are animals in shelters, but sometimes shelters don't have the dog that a person wants/needs. There are a plethora of reasons to get a dog from a breeder opposed to a shelter like age, health, pedigree, allergy reasons, needing a specific breed, the need for a service animal, etc. Some are more vain then others, but it's ultimately the person's decision and it pisses me off to high hell when people take shits on those who don't directly adopt from shelters.

This isn't the most perfect analogy since dogs are obviously higher up the chain of importance of apples when it comes to life, but here's my two cents:

It's like getting pissed off at a person for only wanting to buy organic apples from a specific store because they know what goes into them and the quality, instead of purchasing mass produced apples without knowing their origin simply because there is a greater abundance at a different store.

I support BOTH methods of adoption and I honestly prefer shelters because they're a) cheaper and b) the animal would probably appreciate it more, but I'm not going to judge anyone for choosing either way.

rant over.
Oh, I will judge people who buy dogs and other pets. The reasons you listed, other than the big exception on service animals (fyi: there's plenty of service animals, especially those "working" in retirement homes/elderly homes, were shelter animals) are not good enough for me. Shelters are not just full, shelters are overflowing. Comparing organic apples to a living and breathing being leaves me without words. I'm sorry this is your opinion, I can only hope one day you will realize how horrific breeding animals is. Until then, have fun dumping your money into the laps of breeders who will use and abuse those poor dogs until they're drained and ready to be dumped at kill shelters. One thing that pisses ME off to high hell is when someone tries to defend breeders. I'm sorry but it's a FACT that a very, very, very high percentage of those perfect, bred dogs ends up at kill shelters. Try a Google search on this one, please. I dare you.

Anyway, I'm outta here. This is like knocking my head against a brick wall.

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

I think her makeup looks really nice in her giveaway video.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

ohliveuh wrote:I hate to add to an off topic debate, but I just want to make this one point. If you're under the impression that getting a pure-bred dog from a breeder makes it healthier than a mutt from a shelter, you are...sorely mistaken. As long as the shelter dog is up to date on shots and what not, or has not been pre-disposed to a disease/been abused, they are likely to live longer and propose less complications later in their lives in most situations. And most abused dogs just need some TLC and an owner that is willing to devote time and love to them and take them for check-ups when needed. Pure-breds are incredibly inbred and have many issues that are unavoidable in a lot of breeds. There's thousands of dogs and cats that are in need of homes and are at risk of being euthanized, and usually mutts are more healthy and at lower risk of having complications later on in life. And although I don't agree with buying animals, if you really feel the need to do it, an independent breeder is your best option so I hope those of you who have bought your animals have gone that route. Pet stores are just working for all the puppy mills. And that's all I have to say on that topic.
I never said adopting dogs was bad or that all dogs and cats from shelters are unhealthy, just that purchasing a dog from a breeder is nothing to be ashamed of and isn't some shady transaction that Rachel needs to feel weird about. In the future I'll probably adopt a dog but I wanted a specific breed, there were no shelters that had border terrier puppies so I went with a breeder.
I mean why does she even feel weird about it if her dog at home is pure-bred?

whatevs4
Debater
Debater

Post by whatevs4 »

shadowlurker wrote: Oh, I will judge people who buy dogs and other pets. The reasons you listed, other than the big exception on service animals (fyi: there's plenty of service animals, especially those "working" in retirement homes/elderly homes, were shelter animals) are not good enough for me. Shelters are not just full, shelters are overflowing. Comparing organic apples to a living and breathing being leaves me without words. I'm sorry this is your opinion, I can only hope one day you will realize how horrific breeding animals is. Until then, have fun dumping your money into the laps of breeders who will use and abuse those poor dogs until they're drained and ready to be dumped at kill shelters. One thing that pisses ME off to high hell is when someone tries to defend breeders. I'm sorry but it's a FACT that a very, very, very high percentage of those perfect, bred dogs ends up at kill shelters. Try a Google search on this one, please. I dare you.

I'm with you all the way. Breeders are out there churning out puppies for purely selfish reasons, they just want a profit. 4-6 million dogs are put down every year because shelters are just too full to keep them. There is absolutely no reason other than selfishness that someone should buy from a breeder. Shelters have hypoallergenic animals, they have old calm dogs who just want to spend the last few years of their lives with someone who will love them, they have excitable young dogs to play with kids, they have virtually every kind of dog you could want, and they are there for various reasons. Dogs are not in shelters because they've "misbehaved" or they're "bad dogs." Shelters have gotten so much bad stigma from that idea and it's fucking bullshit. Dogs are in there because they were stray dogs, or their owner just left them, or because someone couldn't take care of them, etc. Why would you buy from a breeder when there are MILLIONS of animals killed every year just because they couldn't find a home. Fuck that shit. Nothing gets me angrier. When someone puts their own self-importance before the lives of helpless animals, you know they've lost some of their humanity.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

whatevs4 wrote:
shadowlurker wrote: Oh, I will judge people who buy dogs and other pets. The reasons you listed, other than the big exception on service animals (fyi: there's plenty of service animals, especially those "working" in retirement homes/elderly homes, were shelter animals) are not good enough for me. Shelters are not just full, shelters are overflowing. Comparing organic apples to a living and breathing being leaves me without words. I'm sorry this is your opinion, I can only hope one day you will realize how horrific breeding animals is. Until then, have fun dumping your money into the laps of breeders who will use and abuse those poor dogs until they're drained and ready to be dumped at kill shelters. One thing that pisses ME off to high hell is when someone tries to defend breeders. I'm sorry but it's a FACT that a very, very, very high percentage of those perfect, bred dogs ends up at kill shelters. Try a Google search on this one, please. I dare you.

I'm with you all the way. Breeders are out there churning out puppies for purely selfish reasons, they just want a profit. 4-6 million dogs are put down every year because shelters are just too full to keep them. There is absolutely no reason other than selfishness that someone should buy from a breeder. Shelters have hypoallergenic animals, they have old calm dogs who just want to spend the last few years of their lives with someone who will love them, they have excitable young dogs to play with kids, they have virtually every kind of dog you could want, and they are there for various reasons. Dogs are not in shelters because they've "misbehaved" or they're "bad dogs." Shelters have gotten so much bad stigma from that idea and it's fucking bullshit. Dogs are in there because they were stray dogs, or their owner just left them, or because someone couldn't take care of them, etc. Why would you buy from a breeder when there are MILLIONS of animals killed every year just because they couldn't find a home. Fuck that shit. Nothing gets me angrier. When someone puts their own self-importance before the lives of helpless animals, you know they've lost some of their humanity.
Please get off your high horse. Are you going to shame parents who won't adopt children because they have a family history of mental illness? Adopting is amazing but both breeders I've dealt with aren't shady business women who pop childrens' balloons for fun, they were just regular women who bred show dogs and if there was an "imperfect" puppy they'd sell them to families looking for that specific breed.

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

I'm not saying buying is a "shady transaction", I just find breeding to be a tad morally corrupt. It's not about being on a high horse, it's about having researched into this a lot, knowing the facts, and having all rescued animals my entire life, animals who might have all been euthanized or left without a loving owner in cement cells in shelters had we not adopted them. You can almost always find a specific breed at some sort of shelter - for the majority of breeds there are specific foundations devoted purely to them. When I finally am in a place in my independent life when I can get a dog, I want nothing more than a pug, but I will go to all lengths to make sure that I adopt and save one rather than buy one.

Little disclaimer; I know it's a little hypocritical to want a pug when I mentioned all the health problems before (pugs are universally known to have health issues), but I love the breed enough to put in the time and devotion, which is why I'm waiting.

whatevs4
Debater
Debater

Post by whatevs4 »

Hype233 wrote:
whatevs4 wrote:

Please get off your high horse. Are you going to shame parents who won't adopt children because they have a family history of mental illness? Adopting is amazing but both breeders I've dealt with aren't shady business women who pop childrens' balloons for fun, they were just regular women who bred show dogs and if there was an "imperfect" puppy they'd sell them to families looking for that specific breed.
Actually no, I never equated dogs to children? I didn't say breeders were horrible shady people. I was trying to convey that they are motivated by the wrong things. Just think about it logically for a moment. Millions of animals are put down while breeders are popping out puppies left and right. They're fueling the imbalance of dogs to homes, and as a result, more and more animals are getting euthanized all the time. It's unnecessary and unneeded, and it's fucking ridiculous in my opinion.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”