ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 2

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 2

Post by FrozenLeaves » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:49 pm

trainedwreck wrote:A therapist would never diagnose something on the first visit. When I was seeing one, she told me I had symptoms of depression but that I wasn't diagnosed depressed.
Really? Mine told me she thought I had depression on my first visit. But she did tell me to see a psychiatrist or my regular doctor, both of whom would be able to give a second opinion and write a prescription if I needed one.

As for Rachel goes, I think it's kind of weird that she's so active on YouTube and tumblr if she's no depressed. I know everyone deals w/ it in different ways but normally people lose interest in the stuff they enjoy, or at least don't do it as often as they used to. She doesn't seem depressed in her videos at all. But that's just my opinion.

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by trainedwreck » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:34 pm

FrozenLeaves wrote:
trainedwreck wrote:A therapist would never diagnose something on the first visit. When I was seeing one, she told me I had symptoms of depression but that I wasn't diagnosed depressed.
Really? Mine told me she thought I had depression on my first visit. But she did tell me to see a psychiatrist or my regular doctor, both of whom would be able to give a second opinion and write a prescription if I needed one.
Oh, definitely! I think its immoral to do that. People may have symptoms of strep throat but they wouldn't just state they have it without doing a test. This is extreme, but a doctor may think you have cancer, but they probably won't do just one test, once. I think it would be shameful for a doctor to diagnose officially. Saying you may have something is fine, but to make an official diagnosis, in my opinion, is wrong.

Like we said, Rachel always jumps to conclusions...

cosmo
Learner
Learner

Post by cosmo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:41 am

I'm sure she's trying to be funny but still.

nomimalone
Learner
Learner

Post by nomimalone » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Does it seriously bother anyone else that she constantly refers to her supposed best friends as "twats"? I mean, I guess it's funny because LOLCURSING and I'm sure they just kinda go along with it, but I just think it's rude and kind of mean.

ThatPerson
Talker
Talker

Post by ThatPerson » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:37 pm

It bothers me that she cant pronounce the word properly.. like it has an O in it.. no no-one says it like that

Kina
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kina » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:25 pm

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/twat?s=t

According to this she says it right, I always thought she said it right because that's the way I've always heard it. Idk, it may be wrong though.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:46 pm

I've heard people say it like that. I'm from the Philadelphia suburbs too so maybe it's a regional thing?

holly1414
Debater
Debater

Post by holly1414 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm

I've literally NEVER heard it pronounced any way different from how she says it and this ongoing debate about it continues to baffle me.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Twats, twots. Who cares? It's like saying tomato or tomahto. Everyone says it differently and it's nothing debate worthy about it. Lol

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:43 am

In Britain - aka, where the word came from - it's "twat" with an "a", so I think there's reason for being annoyed, more-so because she claims to be such an ~~anglophile yet doesn't pronounce it how it was originally intended.

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:08 pm

I like how she put her tumblr on her business card.

...not

stopthat
Debater
Debater

Post by stopthat » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:58 pm

It was a really bad idea to put her Tumblr and Twitter on the business card. They aren't business related and she's already unprofessional enough on her ~official blog site~ that it's reaaally not gonna help her.

poppythinks
Informer
Informer

Post by poppythinks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm from northern England and I've only ever heard twat pronounced as "twaht", then again I never heard anyone American, besides Rachel, say the word at all.

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:09 pm

HattieChaos wrote:In Britain - aka, where the word came from - it's "twat" with an "a", so I think there's reason for being annoyed, more-so because she claims to be such an ~~anglophile yet doesn't pronounce it how it was originally intended.
I agree. If she's putting Us in words like coloUr, you'd think she'd respect the etymology and pronounce the word as intended.

It really isn't anything to argue about... it's just a minor annoyance. I have a much bigger problem with her going around calling her "friends" twats. It has the same effect as those girls in high school who call their friends bitches. It's classless, in poor taste, and above all, juvenile. But, hey, that's Rachel!

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Putting tumblr on her card is a weird thing to do since, other than her follower count which no one ever sees, her blog looks like every other blog on the site. She barely posts original content and when she does it's mostly about squeezie, Chris, her friends/ex-friends and "how stupid tumblr is"

Her youtube channel and website should be the only things on there. She should also consider a makeup course or some sort of class so she'll be more qualified aside from applying makeup to her own face. I've done my own makeup for years now but I wouldn't hand out a business card even if I had a shit ton of followers on tumblr.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Putting tumblr on her card is a weird thing to do since, other than her follower count which no one ever sees, her blog looks like every other blog on the site. She barely posts original content and when she does it's mostly about squeezie, Chris, her friends/ex-friends and "how stupid tumblr is"

Her youtube channel and website should be the only things on there. She should also consider a makeup course or some sort of class so she'll be more qualified aside from applying makeup to her own face. I've done my own makeup for years now but I wouldn't hand out a business card even if I had a shit ton of followers on tumblr.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:39 pm

polyesterbride
Learner
Learner

Post by polyesterbride » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:39 am

For her charity project for her class I don't really understand the charity, maybe it's because I'm from the UK but isn't it basically just the same as the make a wish foundation or is it different?

Satanick
Learner
Learner

Post by Satanick » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:22 am

I hope anyone she is hoping to make a business contact with that she gives her card to enjoys when they are greeted on her tumblr with "oh hello fuckers".....smh

Satanick
Learner
Learner

Post by Satanick » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:23 am

I hope anyone she is hoping to make a business contact with that she gives her card to enjoys when they are greeted on her tumblr with "oh hello fuckers".....smh

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm

polyesterbride wrote:For her charity project for her class I don't really understand the charity, maybe it's because I'm from the UK but isn't it basically just the same as the make a wish foundation or is it different?

I was wondering this too!! Unless its just a local thing or something, but it kind of sounds just like Make A Wish...

Jas
Learner
Learner

Post by Jas » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:57 pm

littleyellowspider
Learner
Learner

Post by littleyellowspider » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:41 pm

It looks like she has put on more weight since her "So I'm Fat" video.I used to be about her size, maybe a little bigger actually and I honestly think she is in a denial stage, not about her size but about how to loose the weight. I went through that too, I also tried to get anything/anyone else to take the blame. I went to the doc because I was hoping it was a thyroid issue that could be fixed with medication, I blamed my bf for us going out to eat all the time...you name it. I think she is doing similar things with this. She talks about losing weight but going out to eat every week, making sugary garbage, and watching TV all the time isn't going to help her do that! I feel bad talking shit about her weight but the real concern here is her health. She gets out of breath just talking!

littleyellowspider
Learner
Learner

Post by littleyellowspider » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Also, I know she is a guru but she wears waaaaaaaaaayyyy to much make up, IMO. I like a natural look and the way she has been doing it lately is heavy and sloppy, almost clown looking. She used to do some really cute wearable looks when she first started up, now its all harsh and trying really hard to be edgy. I hate it. It does her no favors. She fills in her eyebrows so much, she might as well just shave them off and draw them in!

holly1414
Debater
Debater

Post by holly1414 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Omg she posted a pic on Instagram and there were over a hundred comments all saying basically the same thing "omgz u lost soooo much weight you look so good!!" I'm like are you fool blind?!! She clearly has not lost any weight or at the most like 5 pounds. Bitch just knows how to work her angles.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”