^ LOL. You forgot an "ok" at the end.

gurureplay
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 2

Post by gurureplay » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 pm

McQueen. wrote:Rachel is really in denial about her size. Awhile ago, she ranted about how hard it is for her to lose weight. She said that even though she works out harder than everyone else at the gm and eats healthy, her weight won't budge.

But recently, she claimed that the weight was just falling off of her because she cut out junk food. She looks no different and the food she posted on Instagram says otherwise, so...
Okay. She's said in the past that she's barely a size 10 but by looking at her, that's bullshit too.
i totally agree with the bolded... and in the walking dead tag, she was downing a starbucks drink... and didn't she say before she was guilty of drinking her calories...? and we all know chris isnt the only one eating all the baked goods

rachel your not fooling anyone...

savannii
Learner
Learner

Post by savannii » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:32 pm

She looks like she's a 16 or 18, just because of how her shoulders slope. I cut out all of the same food she said she did plus all processed foods and sugar. I've lost over 30 pounds and gone from a size 18 to a 14 along with exercise. If she really has that much trouble losing weight, then she needs to go see a doctor and get her thyroid checked out.

beachbunny525
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beachbunny525 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:42 pm

savannii wrote:She looks like she's a 16 or 18, just because of how her shoulders slope. I cut out all of the same food she said she did plus all processed foods and sugar. I've lost over 30 pounds and gone from a size 18 to a 14 along with exercise. If she really has that much trouble losing weight, then she needs to go see a doctor and get her thyroid checked out.
YES! I have commented to her in the past about her thyroid. Having an underactive thyroid can also cause depression, which I know for a fact because I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid when I was 19, and one of my big symptoms was depression. My hair was falling out, gaining weight, I was seeing a psychiatrist and on antidepressants. Then I went for my yearly physical and they noticed a bump on my thyroid. Sure enough, my levels were low and I've been on medicine ever since. I really think that it's something she should take into consideration. Having an underactive thyroid also causes sleeplessness... remember how over Christmas break she and Chris were staying up until like 4 or 5am then sleeping until 2pm? (Mine is having difficulty falling asleep, but then sleeping for a long time). She really has a lot of the symptoms of it and it's a sucky thing to have because of how nearly everything in your body is controlled by your thyroid.

savannii
Learner
Learner

Post by savannii » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:01 am

I've been taking iodine, and that has been helping a lot, but i still have sleeping problems. If she can get help for that, along with healthy eating, she'll lose weight fairly quickly. My mom is in relatively good shape, and she went to the doctor and they told her that her thyroid was off. They put her on medicine and she did nothing new and started losing weight immediately, when before she had the hardest time. Rachel needs to go get it checked, the sooner she does the better.

FevrierCat
Learner
Learner

Post by FevrierCat » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:23 pm

I feel nit-picky saying this but like... She complains how she's poor, and then she buys all this makeup and clothing. I understand the makeup to an extent because, well, it's her job...but then I just wish she wouldn't complain too much. It's just...meh.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:06 pm

She apparently has an official diagnosis now...lets are how long it takes for her to milk it for all it's worth. Rachel Whitehurst: the new spokesperson for GAD.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm sorry, but what sort of therapist gives you an official diagnosis on the first meeting?

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 pm

talkaboutit wrote:I'm sorry, but what sort of therapist gives you an official diagnosis on the first meeting?

One that practices in Middle-Of-Nowhere-Pennsylvania (or wherever the hell she's from) and only costs $15 a session.

littlewing
Learner
Learner

Post by littlewing » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:39 pm

TheSnarkPalette wrote:
talkaboutit wrote:I'm sorry, but what sort of therapist gives you an official diagnosis on the first meeting?

One that practices in Middle-Of-Nowhere-Pennsylvania (or wherever the hell she's from) and only costs $15 a session.
I don't think it is really fair to criticize a therapist over where he or she practices and how much they cost. I'm a junior in college studying therapy and I plan to practice in a small town, in the middle of a very rural area. Just because I will practice there doesn't mean I am any less qualified. Also, she said her copay was 15 dollars. That doesn't mean he charges only that much, that is just how much her insurance makes her pay. Not trying to jump down your throat or whatever, but I just wanted to clear it up. :)
For the record, I do think it is really weird to diagnose on a first visit. That doesn't make sense to me. But for all we know, he might have just said "Your symptoms seem to fit the general pattern of a person with GAD..." and Rachel took it as an ~*OFFICIAL DIAGNOSIS*~. Obviously Rachel has a flair for the dramatic, so I would take her "diagnosis" with a grain of salt.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 am

I highly doubt she actually got diagnosed. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt because before I got my actual diagnosis of anxiety and depression, my therapist would tell me I had depression symptoms and I thought that actually meant I had it. Ofc I did because I later got diagnosed, but I thought it was known and official at that time and tbh the therapist didn't do very much to make it known that I hadn't officially been diagnosed yet. It was rather annoying because I'd have to write about my mental issues down on an application form for somewhere and then they'd contact the therapist and she'd tell them it wasn't as bad as I was saying, so I looked like an idiot who was either attention seeking or didn't know how she was doing. Sometimes it really is the therapist's fault, they just aren't very clear at times.

Honestly though, if she got diagnosed on her first visit then I really would be worried about the quality of that person. I know it's more difficult in the US because you guys have to pay. I'll say it again: I wish everywhere would just have free healthcare, especially for the mentally ill.

Regardless of if it was a proper diagnosis or not and regardless of the quality of her therapist, everyone prepare yourselves for this new chapter in Rachel's life: The Time I Found A New ~~Lack of Privilege~~ Badge to Add To My Collection. Get your tissues out, everyone, and be prepared for some sob storeez!

This is very cruel to say, but mental illness seems to be a blessing of sorts for Rachel because it's just something else to complain about and use to her advantage.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:05 am

littlewing wrote:
TheSnarkPalette wrote:

I don't think it is really fair to criticize a therapist over where he or she practices and how much they cost. I'm a junior in college studying therapy and I plan to practice in a small town, in the middle of a very rural area. Just because I will practice there doesn't mean I am any less qualified. Also, she said her copay was 15 dollars. That doesn't mean he charges only that much, that is just how much her insurance makes her pay. Not trying to jump down your throat or whatever, but I just wanted to clear it up. :)
For the record, I do think it is really weird to diagnose on a first visit. That doesn't make sense to me. But for all we know, he might have just said "Your symptoms seem to fit the general pattern of a person with GAD..." and Rachel took it as an ~*OFFICIAL DIAGNOSIS*~. Obviously Rachel has a flair for the dramatic, so I would take her "diagnosis" with a grain of salt.
I was just being sarcastic, but thanks.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:09 am

HattieChaos wrote:I highly doubt she actually got diagnosed. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt because before I got my actual diagnosis of anxiety and depression, my therapist would tell me I had depression symptoms and I thought that actually meant I had it. Ofc I did because I later got diagnosed, but I thought it was known and official at that time and tbh the therapist didn't do very much to make it known that I hadn't officially been diagnosed yet. It was rather annoying because I'd have to write about my mental issues down on an application form for somewhere and then they'd contact the therapist and she'd tell them it wasn't as bad as I was saying, so I looked like an idiot who was either attention seeking or didn't know how she was doing. Sometimes it really is the therapist's fault, they just aren't very clear at times.

Honestly though, if she got diagnosed on her first visit then I really would be worried about the quality of that person. I know it's more difficult in the US because you guys have to pay. I'll say it again: I wish everywhere would just have free healthcare, especially for the mentally ill.

Regardless of if it was a proper diagnosis or not and regardless of the quality of her therapist, everyone prepare yourselves for this new chapter in Rachel's life: The Time I Found A New ~~Lack of Privilege~~ Badge to Add To My Collection. Get your tissues out, everyone, and be prepared for some sob storeez!

This is very cruel to say, but mental illness seems to be a blessing of sorts for Rachel because it's just something else to complain about and use to her advantage.

She's constantly looking for an excuse for her behavior, and now she finally has one.

I'm not trying to make light of people with GAD, and it's obvious Rachel has issues, but she just wants someone to give her an excuse for all the crap she pulls. If the therapist is worth anything, hopefully he'll tell her it's time to STEP AWAY FROM THE INTERNET and work on her issues.

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:29 am

A therapist would never diagnose something on the first visit. When I was seeing one, she told me I had symptoms of depression but that I wasn't diagnosed depressed. After seeing her, I got better and after going on a vacation that helped too. Knowing Rachel, she totally jumped to a conclusion and stated she was diagnosed with GAD because she can milk it on her youtube and tumblr and use it as an excuse. Also, what i think is foolish is that I have some signs of GAD, but I dont lash out at people and get nasty at them. Maybe there are different forms of GAD, but I didn't think anger and general nasty-ness to the people who basically pay her was a sign of GAD.

I'm happy and not happy she is seeing a therapist. WAKE UP RACHEL, YOUR HEALTH ISSUES (MENTAL OR PHYSICAL) DONT ALWAYS WORK AS AN EXCUSE!! When she gets a real job shes going to have to realize she can't just take days off because she isnt "feeling well" and wants to stay in bed and watch netflix for the day. Yeah, you can take a mental health day here and there, but they aren't always allowed. You were hired to do a job, and they expect you to get your work done whether or not youre having an off day.

Even though we know she will, I just hope she doesn't milk the whole mental health issue and GAD, because then for others that are actually diagnosed, or have a more serious issue, their sickness is downplayed by lonely, fat, "poor", 21 year old youtubers like her.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Lmao, watching her RAGE on tumblr over GG will never get old.

Don't let your blood pressure get too high, Rachel. We all already hear you huff and puff in your videos.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Lulz
"I'm not even mad"

300 posts later
"omg yes please refuse away actually get the fuck away from me forever plz thank you"

Stay pressed, Rachel. And why lie AGAIN about it being e-mailed to you? Clearly you just logged on here and read Chrachel cooks and the rest of the threads. So freaking dense.

FevrierCat
Learner
Learner

Post by FevrierCat » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:47 am

The bessssttt part is how she's complaining about less trivial things, that were mentioned MONTHS AGO, and were pretty much shot down immediately.

Hey, If you're reading this: How about we talk about how you're actually just a privileged white girl, who wants something to be wrong with her so that she can complain, and in turn get compliments all the time.

(Not that there's anything wrong with being white, or rich for that matter)

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:36 am

I find it funny that everyone's first reaction is that we're all jealous bitches who are ugly and that's why we hate on all the beauty gurus. Uh, no. I subscribe to a ton of beauty gurus that I LOVE and watch religiously. The only one I don't care for is YOU, Rachel. You're a rude, classless bitch with an awful attitude and sense of entitlement.

It's also sad how much Rachel actually NEEDS the Internet. She needs tumblr, and her YouTube minions to validate her. She acts like its no big deal people are bashing her but runs to post to tumblr so she can be showered with compliments. Without them, she's just a sad college girl with very few IRL friends watching Netflix every day with no real plan for the future.

The Internet is not your friend honey. When you're 25 and YouTube isn't working out for you (and your blog is a joke, don't hold your breath on that one), good luck trying to find a real job. One google search of your name will put off most prospective employers.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 am

wait so she ranted about stuff we were speaking about MONTHS ago and which most of us reacted negatively to in the first place?

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 am

HattieChaos wrote:wait so she ranted about stuff we were speaking about MONTHS ago and which most of us reacted negatively to in the first place?

Yeah, one was that we all thought Chris was gay :D

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulwordsxo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:13 am

from her tumblr:

"also i am like 99% sure i know exactly who wrote this (very typical move of this person) and it’s fucking hilarious because she is currently one of the people who fucking failed out of college and is back living at home so ~~~~ i’m ok "

“talking about how she hates her family”

ok well that part is true

please please PLEASE try and shit on my little happy parade because I know how miserable you are that you couldn’t stay in college and have moved back in with your parents please stay jealous

all from her tumblr^^

she is such a fucking bitch. why the fuck does it matter if she failed out of college? I'd rather be out of school, then be a lazy, rude and ungrateful piece of shit watching netflix all day and buying urban decay palettes with the money she made off her terrible videos about how jesus is a motherfucker, and how this nars blush is a "bright ass pink" . she needs to get her shit together, and Rachel is known to be a liar. A therapist would not ever diagnose a patient after one session. She's lied about cancer, and people actually believe that she wouldn't lie about a mental illness? She needs to stay off the internet, go out , do SOMETHING, worth her time and meet new people.

jamsandwich
Talker
Talker

Post by jamsandwich » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:56 am

Her face looks so huge and round in her latest video. Scraping her hair back in a bun does NOTHING for her!

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Ugh. I hate saying this, but she seriously looks bigger with each passing video. I'm not one to harp on about someone's weight, but when she's saying she's cut out junk and goes to the gym and stuff... what's the deal? And the way she dresses and applies her makeup honestly does her no favours. She overdraws her eyebrows to make them thick and chunky with rounded edges, which makes her forehead and temples look droopy. She uses the brightest, most inappropriate shade of lipstick on her thin lips, which consequently makes them look smaller and her cheeks and chin look bigger. She wears these huge necklaces that draw attention to her neck and shoulders (it seriously looks like she doesn't even have a neck anymore). She wears these skintight shirts (that look like they're right out of the 1960s) with scoop necks, which makes her whole chest look wider... I really sound like a hater, but I can't wrap my head around this. She needs to go on What Not To Wear.

I look at her now and I think of Ursula from the Little Mermaid.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:21 pm

lol. who even CARES.she went crazy when her school newspaper interviewed her too. The interview was done by her friend. At least some gurus are interviewed by actual magazines/papers. Or I don't know... IN the actual magazine. I'm watching her ego inflate again.

FevrierCat
Learner
Learner

Post by FevrierCat » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:44 pm

I think either my computer is messed up or I don't know how to work the internet because All I get is the title of the article lol.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”