Hypocrisy at its finest.

cosmo
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 2

Post by cosmo »

daisy buchanan wrote:So Rachel reblogs gifs of Tyler Oakley's "diversity sucks video"

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Exactly what I came to comment on. Rachel has stated in the past that she doesn't like Tyler Oakley, I'm not really sure why, but any time anything negative ever pops up about him she is all over it. Considering her past you would think she would be a little more understanding and wouldn't be trying to throw other people under the bus for their mistakes. I mean to be honest he handled the situation very similarly to her, no real direct apology but rather an explanation about growing up, changing and not being that person anymore. So she of all people should NOT be commenting on that situation.

But then again if anyone mentioned that to her she would just brush it off and say "so what I only lied about cancer and being molested, at least I didn't make a joke about a pamphlet".

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

i really don't understand why rachel screenshots every time she does something "funny" "bitchy" or "political." so self absorbed, even at a time like this. i may be cynical, but i think she just enjoys hopping on whatever bandwagon will get people fawning over her.

the_sacrament
Lurker
Lurker

Post by the_sacrament »

cosmo wrote:
daisy buchanan wrote:So Rachel reblogs gifs of Tyler Oakley's "diversity sucks video"

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Exactly what I came to comment on. Rachel has stated in the past that she doesn't like Tyler Oakley, I'm not really sure why, but any time anything negative ever pops up about him she is all over it. Considering her past you would think she would be a little more understanding and wouldn't be trying to throw other people under the bus for their mistakes. I mean to be honest he handled the situation very similarly to her, no real direct apology but rather an explanation about growing up, changing and not being that person anymore. So she of all people should NOT be commenting on that situation.

But then again if anyone mentioned that to her she would just brush it off and say "so what I only lied about cancer and being molested, at least I didn't make a joke about a pamphlet".

Who is Tyler Oakley and what has he 'apologized' about? I'm always late to the party :(
"Human decency is not derived from religion, it precedes it." Christopher Hitchens

shizbricks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shizbricks »

she was actually nice about my ask on a Tumblr. i was expecting some snarky response

bewtgooru
Learner
Learner

Post by bewtgooru »

Is it just me or are her video's progressively getting less views, on average? Like before they seemed to average 25-30 thousand and now it's like 10-15 thousand. If this is the new trend, I hope it continues.

bewtgooru
Learner
Learner

Post by bewtgooru »

shizbricks wrote:she was actually nice about my ask on a Tumblr. i was expecting some snarky response
She does seem to be replying more nicely to asks lately. She also took the "why are you such a bitch to your followers" thing off of her FAQ. I think she's beginning to realize that the way she treats her followers DOES greatly effect what people think of her.

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

she probably took it out because she saw it mentioned on here lol. but it does seem like she's trying to be nicer to the people who love her and basically pay her bills. i have to say, i did really like her new FOTD from today. it wasn't harsh or cakey.

graceinyourheart
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by graceinyourheart »

Maybe I'm really silly, but I take serious satisfaction in the idea that I stopped following and subscribing to Rachel but she still follows me.

Clairetendo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Clairetendo »

From her Tumblr: it’s officially strange when people from my old middle school are watching me omg it’s like cool and awesome but still totally fucking weird at the same time

It's honestly not that strange at all when she talks about her "success" from Youtube to people every chance she gets. If she's putting herself out there on the internet so blatantly, and not keeping it a secret then of course people of her past are going to check it out and whatnot.

Satanick
Learner
Learner

Post by Satanick »

The fact that she even cares, one way or the other, the people from MIDDLE school watch her speaks volumes.

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

is she going to do this how a jew spends christmas thing every year? the first one was good, the second one was super obnoxious. her rant wasn't even that big? like it has 51k views, but her lana del rey rant had 60k. she over-exaggerates, as usual.

savebella!
Debater
Debater

Post by savebella! »

It had gotten 1,000,000 notes on tumblr because da gurl was dumb enough to record it on the stupid tumblr uploader and not, you know, youtube where she could track how big it got.
even though most of the comments on the video were like: "lol wuttt" some were the start of the minions which is why Rachel believes it "went viral."
THEN she uploaded it to Youtube where she could make money off of it and never have to work at Starbucks agaaaaain.

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

I just randomly saw this comment on her newest vlog:

SuperBeautylicious12 17 hours ago
I'm suprised ur rents actually don't care that you swear like that if one of my parents or aunts or uncles says damn it or what the hell, its a fuckin sin and they have no idea i swear with mah friends 24/7

UGH

"ur rents"

"its a fuckin sin"

"i swear with mah friends 24/7"

UGHHHHHHH

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

news flash: every time a youtube video pauses to buffer, the person in it will look fucking stupid
SHOCKSGSDGISDING

lol hi rachel!! :D

badhairspray
Informer
Informer

Post by badhairspray »

shadowlurker wrote:I just randomly saw this comment on her newest vlog:

SuperBeautylicious12 17 hours ago
I'm suprised ur rents actually don't care that you swear like that if one of my parents or aunts or uncles says damn it or what the hell, its a fuckin sin and they have no idea i swear with mah friends 24/7

UGH

"ur rents"

"its a fuckin sin"

"i swear with mah friends 24/7"

UGHHHHHHH

This really says something about her viewers and the types of people she impresses..

GivingUpTheGun
Lurker
Lurker

Post by GivingUpTheGun »

[youtube][/youtube]

:roll: she's so pretentious it's ridiculous

maryxcat
Lurker
Lurker

Post by maryxcat »

GivingUpTheGun wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

:roll: she's so pretentious it's ridiculous
i didnt see the point of this one. it is just pictures of chinese food and a clip of her watching herself. i would NOT consider that a rant at all. :busted: sorry for the obnoxious emoji, i thought it was cute :)

majorasmask
Learner
Learner

Post by majorasmask »

so her new rant is a video of her WATCHING herself? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: who the hell does she think she is? how is this entertaining for ANYONE?

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”