ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

souplessbitch
Talker
Talker

Re: ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by souplessbitch » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:17 pm

Hollyb14 wrote:Their polyamorous relationship 100% consists of Rachel hooking up with girls at their apartment while Chris plays video games in the next room.
Truth. Except she probably pitches it as him being the dom and cuckqueaning her with the other girls to make it seem like it's not just about her.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:28 pm

2 things.

1. How annoying is it that she's "verified" on both twitter and instagram? I don't know how she got that title, but she legit does nothing nowadays and is out of the public eye for the most part. There are more creative people out there with a larger following that aren't verified.

2. The cockiness she has is unbelievable.

[tweet][/tweet]

And it's hilarious because she legit looks way older here. Like a thirty-something schoolteacher. Second off, WHAT IS WITH THAT EXPRESSION she always does in her photos now? Pursing her lips? It's like her version of the "duckface".

friendz123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by friendz123 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:45 pm

She always does that painfully strong duckface. Hurts just looking at it. :x

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:55 am

I loved "college Rachel" even though she acted like a complete asshole sometimes, but it was entertaining. Her last year on YT was pretty boring. I've never listened to her podcast and i don't follow her on instagram. Once I've looked at her Insta and that was a final turn off for me. She is so fake, so obsessed with her mental health issues and bisexuality that it makes me doubt whether it's THAT serious. Because so many bloggers got into the trend of having mental health issues. I'm okay with that, I've gone through one too but it's not something I'm proud of and want to shout it from the rooftops. We don't talk that much about flu and fighting with it, do we?
Rachel has nothing to be proud of, she is so empty and dumb that her mental health and sexuality are the only subjects she loves to talk about.
P.S. does anyone have her old vids saved?

shifty_armchair
Talker
Talker

Post by shifty_armchair » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:32 pm

I can't help but feel like she's lying about her relationship with her mom at least a little bit. in the last pod, rachel said that she hasn't spoken to her mom in three years, but has talked about conversations she's had with her mom between then and now. which one is it?

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:52 pm

shifty_armchair wrote:I can't help but feel like she's lying about her relationship with her mom at least a little bit. in the last pod, rachel said that she hasn't spoken to her mom in three years, but has talked about conversations she's had with her mom between then and now. which one is it?

I feel this way too...especially when she was talking about how poor and abusive their relationship is/was, but then she has given more than one example where her mom is supporting her/keeping up to date on her and her Etsy stuff.

Plus how much can her parents hate her and have her cut out, etc. and the She reveals she’s still on their medical policies?

I also find it odd that Chris had a pretty good relationship with his mom. They even lived at Chris’ home for a while. She used to do things at Christmas that were super cute and sweet like sending them cookies, then Rachel’s relationship with her parents went to hell, Chris’ mom and grandma visited and Rachel said something about it being toxic to her and her mental health stigma. Then shortly after that Chris wasn’t talking so fondly over his mom anymore and now is in therapy to work through his toxic childhood he never once mentioned before that visit?

It’s almost like Rachel can’t stand the fact he maybe had a pretty normal childhood. And Chris feels bad. I mean who knows, maybe that’s not the case, it all just doesn’t seem normal.

More and more it seems like Rachel just isolates them outside of Mallory and Ashley and I’ve never once heard Chris mention a friend of HIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shifty_armchair
Talker
Talker

Post by shifty_armchair » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:49 pm

talkaboutit wrote:
shifty_armchair wrote:I can't help but feel like she's lying about her relationship with her mom at least a little bit. in the last pod, rachel said that she hasn't spoken to her mom in three years, but has talked about conversations she's had with her mom between then and now. which one is it?

I feel this way too...especially when she was talking about how poor and abusive their relationship is/was, but then she has given more than one example where her mom is supporting her/keeping up to date on her and her Etsy stuff.

Plus how much can her parents hate her and have her cut out, etc. and the She reveals she’s still on their medical policies?

I also find it odd that Chris had a pretty good relationship with his mom. They even lived at Chris’ home for a while. She used to do things at Christmas that were super cute and sweet like sending them cookies, then Rachel’s relationship with her parents went to hell, Chris’ mom and grandma visited and Rachel said something about it being toxic to her and her mental health stigma. Then shortly after that Chris wasn’t talking so fondly over his mom anymore and now is in therapy to work through his toxic childhood he never once mentioned before that visit?

It’s almost like Rachel can’t stand the fact he maybe had a pretty normal childhood. And Chris feels bad. I mean who knows, maybe that’s not the case, it all just doesn’t seem normal.

More and more it seems like Rachel just isolates them outside of Mallory and Ashley and I’ve never once heard Chris mention a friend of HIS.

right, i noticed the thing about health insurance too! she's 26 and shouldn't be on her parents insurance anyway because of the ACA. another weird inconsistency in her story. chris's story about his mental health was also kind of weird to me- no shit your parents wouldn't support your passion for playing video games. in what world would any parents want their kid to spend hours playing xbox instead of getting a job or going to school? i used to really like rachel, but it almost seems like she doesn't want to improve her mental health because it has become her entire identity and brand.

badhairspray
Informer
Informer

Post by badhairspray » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:20 am

We've only ever gotten Rachel's side of the story in regards to her parents. Knowing Rachel and how she's lied/exaggerated in the past, I don't think her parents are evil at all. Parents who support and put you through college are not abusive. She used to put her parents in vlogs and they always seemed great.

shifty_armchair
Talker
Talker

Post by shifty_armchair » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:04 pm

badhairspray wrote:We've only ever gotten Rachel's side of the story in regards to her parents. Knowing Rachel and how she's lied/exaggerated in the past, I don't think her parents are evil at all. Parents who support and put you through college are not abusive. She used to put her parents in vlogs and they always seemed great.
totally agree. I remember one of her thanksgiving vlogs where she showed her mom and they seemed to get along great. my dad has always been abusive towards me and I would never talk about him or show him in a funny/positive light just to prove that everything is okay. part of the reason I related with Rachel was because of our similar upbringing. Abusive parents, being queer, introverted and constantly yearning to move somewhere else. now that I'm a little older and wiser, I understand through therapy that my issues lie within myself. (TW: PHYSICAL ABUSE) My dad beat the hell out of me, but now that i'm older, i've learned how to talk to him within my limits with the help of a great therapist. i don't know if our relationship will ever be great, but it's always going to be a work in progress. again, i feel like rachel is the problem here. she hasn't moved on because she doesn't want to.

blueyezbeauty94
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by blueyezbeauty94 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:09 am

badhairspray wrote:We've only ever gotten Rachel's side of the story in regards to her parents. Knowing Rachel and how she's lied/exaggerated in the past, I don't think her parents are evil at all. Parents who support and put you through college are not abusive. She used to put her parents in vlogs and they always seemed great.

I agree. I think they might just have a turbulent relationship that she perceives as abusive. She is such a sensitive snowflake.

Hollyb14
Learner
Learner

Post by Hollyb14 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:17 pm

I was skeptical at first, years ago when rachel first brought up the feud with her parents. but overtime I’ve been leaning more towards believing everything rachel said about them because I’ve only been hearing one side of the story and I guess I feel a little brain washed by her. The new bit of info she released that she is STILL is on her parents insurance plan threw up a giant red flag for me and now I’m questioning everything.

I have a feeling she highly exaggerates her parents feelings about her sexuality too. I remember her telling the story of coming out to them and it sounds like they just simply didn’t want to hear about it. Ok so maybe they just don’t want to know the details about their child’s sex life? That’s not that abnormal to me. So because her parents weren’t all thrilled about it and excited to attend the next pride parade with her she took it as them hating her simply because she’s bi? I just don’t know if I buy all this.

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:14 am

I’m pretty sure Rachel has mentioned before that she is NOT on their health care plan. I’m not in the US so I’m not familiar with the system but I think she mentioned being on some plan with ‘apple’ in the name- possibly provided by the state? Not 100% sure.

I think the ‘medical stuff’ she was referring to was that her parents are her next of kin and would make medical decisions for her if she was unable (ie on life support, in a coma etc.). A while ago when she went to hospital she said she called her parents on the way there and they didn’t answer her calls. She then explained that she hasn’t changed it to cut them out of making medical decisions. Pretty sure that’s what she was referring to and isn’t on their plan.

friendz123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by friendz123 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:59 am

She’s too old to still be on her parents insurance right? She’s over 26?

yasqueen
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by yasqueen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:24 pm

I’m only a few minutes into the new podcast and so annoyed. They’re talking about Keto and paleo diets and of course she has to make it about herself. She literally says something along the lines of “I’m not shitting on anybody who does these diets. I personally just don’t have the energy to go through with them.” Then proceedes to diss them. Just move on.

Also I feel like she highly exaggerates all of the foods that she’s allergic to. :roll:

yasqueen
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by yasqueen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:36 pm

As expected, Rachel did all the talking during the poly question part. Further proving that it’s just her who has outside relationships.

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:33 am

Today I listened to the last 2 podcasts while walking. SO ANNOYING.
Rachel : "I have migraines, migraines, diets, migraine, anxiety, i'm anxious, my therapist, anxiety, mental issues, i'm bisexual, sex, bi"
Chris: "Games, games, games, i have anxiety, therapist, anxiety, appointments, anxiety"
I give up on that shit. Rachel is a complete poser and Chris is a hen-pecked loser. i knew that before, but now it's just unbearable.

jazzy5433
Stalker
Stalker

Post by jazzy5433 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:35 pm

following!

fairydust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fairydust » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:58 am

Is there anything they DO like jfc? I feel like they are so damn negative about everything and I’m SO tired of Rachel saying she can’t afford healthcare. Maybe get a job? Maybe get married and get on Chris’ insurance? Idk but stop fucking whining about it. She’s in a much better place than so many others and it’s just grating.

:love2: I did not come to play with you hoes. I came to slay. :love2:

Temporal
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Temporal » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:42 pm

It always bothers me when she says she's too busy for X. No you aren't.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:20 pm

Extrasoda wrote:I loved "college Rachel" even though she acted like a complete asshole sometimes, but it was entertaining. Her last year on YT was pretty boring. I've never listened to her podcast and i don't follow her on instagram. Once I've looked at her Insta and that was a final turn off for me. She is so fake, so obsessed with her mental health issues and bisexuality that it makes me doubt whether it's THAT serious. Because so many bloggers got into the trend of having mental health issues. I'm okay with that, I've gone through one too but it's not something I'm proud of and want to shout it from the rooftops. We don't talk that much about flu and fighting with it, do we?
Rachel has nothing to be proud of, she is so empty and dumb that her mental health and sexuality are the only subjects she loves to talk about.
P.S. does anyone have her old vids saved?
I completely agree with this. She used to be so exciting and interesting! Honestly that was when she was at her most successful, too: brand deals, meet-ups with followers, Vidcon, etc. There was so much life to her, you know what I mean? With her job at Starbucks and her time in college, she really thrived (esp personality wise) from her challenging environments. It was interesting to hear her rants or the things she liked. She was relatable and was like that older sister you always wanted, but never had.

She has said she hates when people tell her that they miss her "youtube" persona/days because those videos took place during a stressful/traumatic time of her life -- but she needs to move past her anxiety with all of that. And I say this coming from a place of empathy -- I mean, I have anxiety. Like bad, panic-ridden anxiety. And I have my triggers. But I also know that I can't just stop certain aspects of my life because my anxiety wants to paralyze me. She needs to look at things through a renewed perspective so that she can move forward. She needs to realize that if she wants to retain her following, she needs to be relevant. I mean, it's pretty clear that her podcast is dying. There's nothing new for Chris and Rachel to talk about because their lives are moving at a glacial pace. On her social media, she has nowhere near the same engagement she had only just a few years ago.

I don't know why she deleted all of her videos either. That was kind of dumb.

nursegirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nursegirl123 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:16 pm

I seriously miss her rant videos so much. I was hoping I could find them somewhere on the internet but I cannot. I miss the burt bees chapstick one and the sephora point punishments video. So damn hilarious. I wish I could watch them again for a good laugh. ugh.

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:35 am

nursegirl123 wrote:I seriously miss her rant videos so much. I was hoping I could find them somewhere on the internet but I cannot. I miss the burt bees chapstick one and the sephora point punishments video. So damn hilarious. I wish I could watch them again for a good laugh. ugh.
I finally found some of them on waybackmachine website. It takes time and not all of her vids are saved there, you need to figure out how links work because sometimes you click on a video and the website says that there is no content saved by this link.
I can help you via private messages or try to share the vids somewhere.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Extrasoda wrote:
nursegirl123 wrote:I seriously miss her rant videos so much. I was hoping I could find them somewhere on the internet but I cannot. I miss the burt bees chapstick one and the sephora point punishments video. So damn hilarious. I wish I could watch them again for a good laugh. ugh.
I finally found some of them on waybackmachine website. It takes time and not all of her vids are saved there, you need to figure out how links work because sometimes you click on a video and the website says that there is no content saved by this link.
I can help you via private messages or try to share the vids somewhere.

I just went on the Waybackmachine site and found snapshots of her tumblr from 2012. It's a little bittersweet because I remember following her 'blog' at that time and looking through her stuff when I was in high school. She really used to be funny and entertaining.

for reference: (hopefully it works) https://web.archive.org/web/20120222133 ... com/page/2

I couldn't find videos though. I'll update if I do.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Update: I still haven't found working links to any videos.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120711063 ... sia/videos shows the thumbnails, but when you click on them, they don't lead to any saved videos of hers.

Informer
Informer

Post by 24601 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:19 am

If anyone has any videos saved PM me!

Just wanted to weigh in and say that I am not defending Rachel and agree with a lot here. However I did want to clarify the medical thing. So I recall (and believe I have posted this months ago) that she is on Chris's health plan and recall her tweeting about how happy she was that Amazon recognized her as his domestic partner (I just tried looking for the tweet and no luck). If not, then she has Washington state health care.

When she talks about her parents and medical things, I think she is referring to the fact that as she and Chris are not married, if something were to happen to her (i.e. be in a serious accident and be on life support, etc.) her parents would be able to call the shots. I am pretty sure that is what this refers to.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”