ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

shifty_armchair
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by shifty_armchair »

I've think I've mentioned this before but I don't believe she wants to get better, as being depressed and having anxiety are her only character traits at this point. We had similar upbringings- growing up gay in a homophobic, abusive, religious household and developing subsequent mental health problems because of it. I wanted to get better and move on, so I actively sought out resources to help me. She has been this way for years with no end in sight. Time to move on and find a new quirk outside of not showering for days

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

I think she is stuck in a comfortable place in her mental health where things are shitty, but not ~that~ shitty, and it’s easier and more comfortable to stay where you are rather than take risks or work hard to get better. I know the feeling. You end up plateauing in a way.

I know I keep complaining about the podcast lol but I just want to say, does she not know what a sponsorship means? She keeps saying how the podcast is sponsored by her shop, but she ain’t paying for airtime on the show lmao. She’s just taking advantage of her platform to peddle her trinkets and plagiarized watercolours. Also, does anyone notice how insufferable Chris is when he speaks? Every other word is “like”. “I’m, like, so excited for like, Animal Crossing to like, come out for like, the Nintendo Switch.” Not to mention he talks so slowly with so much vocal fry. Omg.

Walking Pharmacy
Debater
Debater

Post by Walking Pharmacy »

I agree that she treats depression/anxiety/trauma as personality traits. I think she thrives in being an eternal victim.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

I know it's been like two years already, but is anyone else super irritated that she doesn't post on YouTube anymore? It's like she has no respect for where all of her followers/listeners came from. Especially since she deleted/privated all of the vids on her channel. And she just expects everyone who knew her from youtube to just move on over to her podcasts and buy her shitty art from etsy. Rude. (lol, out of spite, I don't listen to her podcasts)

Her youtube channel was like the only semi-consistent thing going for her at the time, so I thought it was super weird that she was like "I'm done with this". Even if she's not "inspired" to make vids anymore, I feel like it would've been a lot smarter for her to upload like once a month, just to keep her channel active. Also, wasn't the whole reason why she stopped youtube because she "got a job"?? What happened to that supposed job? Idk, I just thought it was a bad move on her part to stop youtube.

Also, I feel bad for Chris. He's like a hostage, and he can do way better. She's not even nice to him (from what I can remember from watching her vids like two years ago).

guac-rock-roll
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by guac-rock-roll »

Why is it that every time C&R travel she makes Chris take a bunch of pictures of the back of her head in front of landscapes. It's cringy af and she always posts at least 3 or 4 per trip that they take

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda »

Walking Pharmacy wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:43 pm
I agree that she treats depression/anxiety/trauma as personality traits. I think she thrives in being an eternal victim.
Yes, absolutely! It's her comfort zone. I've been through such period in my life, just stayed home doing nothing for months. And the longer you stay like that, the lazier you become and then it's almost impossible to force youself to get a job and socialize. It's hard but I got really mad at myself and finally got back on track.

Honestly, I think Chris may leave her one day. He is growing as a person, he is an adult now and it's hard to ignore the fact that the partner you live with hasn't changed at all, or the changes are negative.

zoeyisqueen
Talker
Talker

Post by zoeyisqueen »

guac-rock-roll wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:17 pm
Why is it that every time C&R travel she makes Chris take a bunch of pictures of the back of her head in front of landscapes. It's cringy af and she always posts at least 3 or 4 per trip that they take
How embarrassing will that be down the line.

Hey kids here's the back of my head in 100 different photos

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

Why did they buy a car? They had one a few years ago and all they did was complain about the financial burden of having a car and Seattle traffic. Seems weird to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LucifersConsort
Talker
Talker

Post by LucifersConsort »

24601 wrote:Why did they buy a car? They had one a few years ago and all they did was complain about the financial burden of having a car and Seattle traffic. Seems weird to me.

They got it to complain.

BeanQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by BeanQueen »

Rosie34567 wrote:I know it's been like two years already, but is anyone else super irritated that she doesn't post on YouTube anymore? It's like she has no respect for where all of her followers/listeners came from. Especially since she deleted/privated all of the vids on her channel. And she just expects everyone who knew her from youtube to just move on over to her podcasts and buy her shitty art from etsy. Rude. (lol, out of spite, I don't listen to her podcasts)

Her youtube channel was like the only semi-consistent thing going for her at the time, so I thought it was super weird that she was like "I'm done with this". Even if she's not "inspired" to make vids anymore, I feel like it would've been a lot smarter for her to upload like once a month, just to keep her channel active. Also, wasn't the whole reason why she stopped youtube because she "got a job"?? What happened to that supposed job? Idk, I just thought it was a bad move on her part to stop youtube.

Also, I feel bad for Chris. He's like a hostage, and he can do way better. She's not even nice to him (from what I can remember from watching her vids like two years ago).
She quit YouTube because it was mentally draining on her and was affecting her mental health in a negative way. I know that sounds pretty vague, but I think she uses that reason so that people can’t really shame her into starting it back up. She also said, when she starting doing the water color Wednesday Instagram posts, that when it started to become “not for fun” she was going to stop, because some things are allowed to just be hobbies.

I don’t have an issue with her being off of YouTube but i do find it annoying that her videos are privated. I think most of her followers would enjoying watching her old videos and she could easily disable the comments so that she doesn’t get constant notifications or emails alerting her that people are talking about the video.

lemoncurdpot
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemoncurdpot »

LucifersConsort wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 am
24601 wrote:Why did they buy a car? They had one a few years ago and all they did was complain about the financial burden of having a car and Seattle traffic. Seems weird to me.

They got it to complain.
They got it to crash it, apparently.

bestycoasty_
Learner
Learner

Post by bestycoasty_ »

lemoncurdpot wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 pm
LucifersConsort wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 am

They got it to complain.
They got it to crash it, apparently.
I think they're bullshitting when they say the crash wasn't their fault.

zoeyisqueen
Talker
Talker

Post by zoeyisqueen »

I can’t believe they go into credit card debt just because Rachel won’t work. Like girl you could work minimum doing everything a couple times a week. Maybe an art store???.?.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

They act like being in debt is normal.

Which it is for a LOT of Americans. But the a lot of people are just financially irresponsible or don’t know better.

They’re clearly living outside their means on one and maybe a half incomes.

Every trip they go in seems to be for Rachel

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

talkaboutit wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:03 am
They act like being in debt is normal.

Which it is for a LOT of Americans. But the a lot of people are just financially irresponsible or don’t know better.

They’re clearly living outside their means on one and maybe a half incomes.

Every trip they go in seems to be for Rachel

I agree!

There's "normal"/understandable debt like: student loan debt, medical debt, etc.

...And then there's #Crachel debt which is caused by pure entitlement: I want [insert thing here] and I deserve it, regardless of whether I can pay for it or not. Also good luck getting a car loan or a mortgage later on, because their credit score will be tanked.

frozenhalloweencandy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by frozenhalloweencandy »

Wait, where did they talk about debt? I missed this

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

In a recent podcast where they talked about the car crash, they mentioned that they had just paid off a bunch of their credit card debt right before the crash.

I was listening to an old episode from about a month ago and Rachel was talking about how she thinks she’d really benefit from a 9-5 job to help with her mental health and routine. Ugh, then go out and get a job! Also, I cannot believe she got a fucking Cricut machine. Those things excluding the supplies are expensive. Seems like she got the machine to cut out her stickers? She even said she’ll only be printing the stickers when there’s an order, and I highly doubt there’s a huge volume of them. So I just don’t get why she can’t freaking hand cut them, it doesn’t take THAT long.

frozenhalloweencandy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by frozenhalloweencandy »

I miss the good ole days of this girls content. Remember chris’s YouTube channel? I don’t think anyone cared enough about him to reupload those videos but man... I just recall his face being WHITE like Rachel had obviously done his makeup.

Also does anyone else remember her tumblr that was like a beauty guru spoof??

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda »

frozenhalloweencandy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:51 pm
I miss the good ole days of this girls content. Remember chris’s YouTube channel? I don’t think anyone cared enough about him to reupload those videos but man... I just recall his face being WHITE like Rachel had obviously done his makeup.

Also does anyone else remember her tumblr that was like a beauty guru spoof??
Yeah, she told that she tried to conceal his pimples :D but actually he had a shit ton of foundation on his face.

Everything is gone... her channel, her tumblr, her website. I rewatch her old videos and I realize when she made the wrong turn. Rachel of 2012-13 was entertaining and then freaking Seattle happened. Things changed forever, Rachel became lazy, anxious and just bland. And became "trendy" in terms of talking about mental illnesses and sexuality all the time.

apollo-veggie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by apollo-veggie »

lmao she's so bloody defensive about wiping her youtube channel it's insane. someone will mention it in passing and she comes out guns blazing about how yt was bad for her mental health etc etc. she's perfectly entitled to do or not do youtube but at least let people say they miss your videos like take the damn compliment. it bothers me that she didn't at least leave them there for people to watch but it's her decision at the end of the day i suppose.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”